South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Okay, DUH! I forgot to tell everyone that I went shopping today and am down from a size tight 18 to a 14! They're still tight but I can button them and I WILL wear them! =)
Old 01-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I am on day 7 of phase 1. I had the mock french toast/pancakes this morning and found them a good alternative to my egg white/spinach omlete I usually have. I have been thinking of making the cookies, but they kind of scare me that I will not be satisfied with 2. I get this carving for something to chew on with my afternoon tea. Pepper with humus just does not cut it, Any ideas for phase 1?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #468  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Does anyone else have really bad breath with South Beach? My family keeps telling me that I do. I'm brushing 2x daily & chew sugar-free gum at work, but I can tell sometimes myself. Never had a problem, just started with the diet.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #469  

I would say its from yor body being in ketosis from the diet. Maybe be sure you eat some legal carbs like your daily allotment of beans, Just a thought.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Great job, Zoerba! Nothing like being able to get your clothes in the misses department. I'm not quite done with P1 and I can breathe in my 14's again.

Murphmitch, hereicome is right. The Atkins people always mention that's a sign of ketosis. They want to be in ketosis. I'm pretty sure we don't. You can have up to 2 cups of lowfat dairy and I think 1/2 cup of beans per day. That should keep your carbs high enough not to go into ketosis. I've been averaging 70-100 grams per day (fitday) on just 1/2 cup of beans, vegis and some dairy.

Day 13
Breakfast - cup o'coffee (I was late in getting ready for church)
Lunch - Turkey rollups, homemade chicken/vegi soup with P1 vegetables.
Snack - Greek yogurt
Dinner - pork loin, mashed cauliflower, broccoli
Snack - Breakfast cheesecake (I'm trying to make it later)

Is it just me or did we lose people here who didn't finish P1?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #471  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Is it just me or did we lose people here who didn't finish P1?
Well, I can say you didn't lose me!
I was away for the weekend for my niece's 1st birthday. I was very strong--I avoided the cookies, cake, ice cream, fruit, regular soda, Chinese food...all I had at the party was some broccoli with ranch dip and a few small cubes of cheese. When everyone else had Chinese take-out, I had a salad and some broccoli and cheese soup. It's likely there was sugar in my dressing and carbs in the soup since I got them at a restaurant, but it was certainly a better choice than all the dark-sauced and battered Chinese food they got!

12 days down, 2 to go! I think on Wednesday (the day I'm allowed to start Phase 2), I may start allowing myself some fruit on occasion, but that's it. I'd like to think I could handle staying in Phase 1 longer, but I really think some fruit will help me to stay on plan. I'm looking forward to homemade strawberry smoothies! I'm not going to have any pasta/bread/rice until I'm below 300 pounds. I think the fruit is the best thing to add, if anything, since it's not processed at all.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #472  

Is it too late to join this thread? today is my second day on phase 1. I have done SB before and lost about 20 pounds. I have just refou3nd my resolve to loose this weight. I need to lose about 63 pounds.

A little about me I am Tammie I live in Texas. hubby is in military just got home from a 15mth deployment. Didn't have the want or will power while he was deployed to loose this weight. I have it now. We have two kids boy 6 and girl 9. I am a sahm running my own business. I stay pretty busy. I have a tendency to obsess with food when I am on some sort of weight loss plan. SB works best for me because I don't have to obsess so much. I just look at the lsit of foods I can have and choose what I want. I don't have to count or measure too much. this way of eating is easy for me. I really like veggies and lean meats. I like low fat milk and cheeses. THe problem is while hubby was away I ate too much fast food and processed easy to make type stuff.

Looking foward to getting to know all of you.

Tammie
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #473  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Murphmitch, hereicome is right. The Atkins people always mention that's a sign of ketosis. They want to be in ketosis. I'm pretty sure we don't. You can have up to 2 cups of lowfat dairy and I think 1/2 cup of beans per day. That should keep your carbs high enough not to go into ketosis. I've been averaging 70-100 grams per day (fitday) on just 1/2 cup of beans, vegis and some dairy.

I always get plenty of dairy & lots of veggies. I don't eat beans every day but I have started eating oatmeal every morning. Hasn't improved the breath though.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #474  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

zoerba....congrats!!!! that has to be the best feeling!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3

Hi girls!

Well I'm officially on Day 14 of P1! YAY! I was so excited to go to the produce section of the grocery store yesterday! I was like a little kid in a candy store. I didn't get too much though. I don't want too many carbs in the apt, even if they're legal. If they are there, I'm going to eat them.

No idea how much I weigh though. I bought a cheapo scale at Target a few days ago and it said I weighed more than when I started. It's definitely off because my pants feel looser. So I'm ditching it. I will get a better one someday, but for now, I'll just wait until I have my Dr.'s appts!

Since I couldn't tolerate one more day of eggs, or P1 "muffins" (which I will never try again. I'd rather wait and have a real muffin - BARF!), I had oatmeal for b'fast. The rest of the day is P1 safe though!

B: Oatmeal
S: Mozz stick
L: Chicken, cheese and broccoli bake
S: Almonds
D: Marinated chicken, yellow squash
S: SF fudgesicle

FRUIT TOMORROW WOO HOO!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #476  

Default day 8

Here I am,day 8. I am really happy I DID stick to phase 1 all weekend. The wine and crackers were calling me,but I did not respond. Need another trip to the store. Seems like it takes a while to get all the things for the recipes I want to try. Also need some fresh fish. I am having trouble remembering the fat if I don't get it in my salad. I don't want to have salad everyday or it will turn me off forever. I need to make a list for the day to make sure I get the dairy,fat and enough proteinWe were going out to eat today, but think I mightskip it. It would be too tempting. Has anyone else gone out to eat on phase 1?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I always get plenty of dairy & lots of veggies. I don't eat beans every day but I have started eating oatmeal every morning. Hasn't improved the breath though.
Maybe some vegetable you're eating is disagreeing with you. I find that too many onions, well....... I'm a sugarless gum chewer all the time (reformed nail biter) so I'll never notice if I'm getting bad breath.

Hi Tammie! Everyone here is really nice and supportive. It's a great forum. I need to lose about the same amount as you so we'll both be around for awhile.

Jilly Glad to see we didn't lose you. I think it's easy to give up in P1, the carbs keep calling.

Great will power. I have such a hard time resisting Chinese food. I'm not sure I could have been as good as you. You don't have far to go until you're below 300 pounds. I'm sure you can hold off. I plan on starting to add fruit initially too. It's much easier not to go overboard on.

Day 14 for me too! YAY! SoulCyster I didn't try the muffins, but I think I'll avoid them now. I made the breakfast cheesecake. Followed the instructions perfectly and it still wasn't quite done enough. The middle is a bit runny. But I'm eating it anyways.

Menu
Breakfast - Breakfast cheesecake, coffee with *gasp* half & half
Snack - Celery sticks and homemade ranch dip
Lunch - Taco bake
Snack - SF Jello
Dinner - ham, mashed cauliflower, greenbeans
Desert - Yogurt

I plan on staying on a P1 menu through Friday though. I haven't weighed myself yet and I won't til Saturday due to TOM. So on Saturday I can enjoy seeing my loss and then an apple.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #478  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Good morning ladies!!

Well I survived my first weekend on PH1 (BARELY)! I do have to admit I broke down and had some wine. The good thing is that it didn't lead to snacking which it usually does!
I've noticed that my appetite is greatly reduced and I'm not obsessing over food like I used to.
I'm amazed at what 5 days on SB had done to me! I love it. Plus I sneaked a peek at the scale and I'm already losing..

Plus I tried the peanut butter 'cookies' and the mock french toast this weekend and loved them both.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #479  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hereicome, I definitely eat out, even in Phase 1 (probably a lot more often than I should!). If I need a lunch when I'm at work, I go to Wendy's and get a chicken caesar salad or a side caesar salad and a chili. We went to Outback last night--I got steak filet medallions, a caesar salad, and broccoli and grilled veggies as my sides. Similarly, we went to a steakhouse last week, and I got the filet mignon and a grilled vegeable skewer. While travelling over the weekend, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and broccoli instead of fries. I think almost any restaurant has either steak (I order filet mignon because it is the leanest cut) or grilled chicken and some sort of vegetable side that is not a potato product. I personally stay away from salads (other than caesar) simply because I don't like any sugarless salad dressings.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
sorry for being absent.
I guess I give up.
Nothings working for me right now.
I thought I was doing fine,lost 6 pounds,but I'm finding it hard to do.
sorry,
bec
Closed Thread