South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Anne - GREAT JOB! That is awesome that you lost 8 pounds on phase I, especially since you are already so close to goal!

I am a little freaked out about adding carbs back into my diet too. I know it will slow the weight loss down, big time, and I'm not looking forward to that...even though I know it's the healthy thing to do. Carbs are also my trigger foods, so I'm praying all will go well. I have one more week to go!

B - plain ff yogurt flavored w/ sf strawberry jello (hey I didn't like it but at least I tried it!)
S - 2 chocolate peanut butter cookies (legal ph 1)
L - salmon w/ ICBINB spray, lemon juice, dill, and garlic; salad w/ tomato, mushroom, egg, cheese, and ranch dressing; Fresca
D - Taco bake on lettuce w/ NSA salsa, olives, and lowfat sour cream
DST - fudgecicle

I'm feeling hungry tonight. Looks like I missed one of the snacks. No wonder!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #407  

Hi I'm a new P1 starter! Started last Friday (January 18), and it's been going pretty well. I've done SB before, and it really worked, but then I lost my way and fell off the wagon big time. Now I'm 20 lbs or more heavier than I was when I stopped that time, and I really need to get this weight off!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:42 AM   #408  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright--5 days down, and 4.5 pounds down (well, 6.5 if you take my highest weight of 322, but I used 320 since I knew those other 2 were unusually high so just water weight). On to Day 6. I have to work today even though the office is closed for the holiday, but I'm not sure how long I'll be in the office--just until I'm done with what needs to get done! So things may change a bit depending on how long I'm at work, but here's a plan to get me started:
  • V8 and some leftover tuna salad
  • sf Jell-o w/ff Reddi Wip
  • ham, cheese, spinach, and hummus rolls
  • pistachios
  • ham steak and broccoli w/cheese
  • sf fudgesicle
Temptations have been running high, but I've been running strong. On Friday, one of my business developers bought me a cupcake (yellow cake with tons of frosting--my favorite!), but I gave it to one of the other girls at work. Them my VP came around with a big tray of different dipped pretzels--milk chocolate, white chocolate, vanilla, and dark chocolate covered pretzels--and I told her not to come near my cube again with that tray of evil
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #409  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi Lin!

Jillybean, you can eat tuna for breakfast? I'm not sure I can look at fish before noon. Good job resisting all the junk. My office isn't closed. We're a trucking company, I only think we close on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last night I decided not to bother with the waffle recipe and decided to make the P1 peanut butter cup recipe. OMG that was so good I wanted another one. But I didn't, I made myself a cup of tea instead.

However, I did make the waffle recipe this morning. I forgot to take into account the fact it says fills up a belgian waffle maker. I guess my pooh/tiger waffle maker is a bit smaller, because about half the batter ran out and all over my counter. Huuuuuge mess. What I did eat tasted good though. Although I'm still not loving the sugar free maple syrup, tastes too fake.

Day 7
Breakfast - 1/2 Waffle recipe, SF syrup
Snack - cucumber sandwiches with laughing cow cheese
Lunch - leftover Taco bake
Snack - 100 calorie almond pack, V8
Dinner - pork chop, broccoli, asparagus (use left over vegis for eggs in the a.m.)
Snack - cottage cheese, cucumber
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #410  
I will do this!

S/C/G: 194/194/144

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone,
It's my first day on the SBD today. I've only ate breakfast but I had 2 eggs friend with 1/2 tsp olive oil and 1/4 red pepper. I'm going shopping in a while and I'll pick up some SBD friendly foods.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

I've been away from home this weekend. I stuck to plan 100% on food, but must admit to cheating slightly and drinking some red wine - I couldn't resist. Officially this is day 11 for me.

Today I've had/am having:

Pot low fat onion and chive cottage cheese
Almonds
2 slices ham with 3 slices half fat cheddar and 2 hard boiled eggs
Homemade 5 bean chilli with homemade guacamole and salad

I'll have another snack later too (still need to decide what though)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #412  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Neko, ha, the only reason i said tuna for breakfast was that I had made some last night and didn't finish it, so it was easy to just grab out of the fridge. I ended up not having any. I just couldn't stand the thought of eggs again today.

I ended up leaving for work having only had my V8. So it looks like my plan may change a bit:
  • V8
  • pistachios
  • ham and cheese w/hummus
  • ham steak and broccoli w/cheese
  • sf fudgesicle
I know I need another snack. I'll have to see what I come up with. I'm about to leave the office now and go to Trader Joe's and then Whole Foods, so hopefully I'll find some good stuff.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 235/230/140

I am starting 1st thing in the morning!!! I have done adkins 'successfully' but couldnt maintain it long term. I have in the last 2 weeks tried low fat dieting because I am going to Mexico at the end of Mar and wanted to lose fast but it make me moody and the cravings were awful. I hope this gets me jump started for long term wieght loss and gets me ready for short term Mexico trip. Very excited!! gl to all of you I will be checking in with progress. So glad all of this support is here.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #414  

Can you believe this? It is the official end of week one on Ph1 and...I have lost 6 pounds! That is so cool!

I thought that I would lose very slow because I already lost a lot of weight following a different diet plan, but nope! I hope week 2 goes just as successfully! =)
Old 01-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3

Hey girls!

Thanks for making me not feel crazy with my cravings I think it's because when someone tells me I can't have/do something, I want to have it/do it even more!

zoerba - you mentioned PCOS right? I didn't even realize there was a site called that! ha ha. My friend, who also has PCOS, and I made up those names a while ago just to be silly. How funny! I will definitely check it out now though. How are you dealing with it?

Day 7 here and hoping to stay until the end! Rough weekend with company and goodies all around. I think I stared at a brownie for about 5 minutes contemplating whether I wanted to eat it or not. I know there are SB friendly dessert recipes, but we all know they're not the same I guess it's mind over matter!

Have a great week!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

meh... I ate my dinner and snack and I'm still wanting something. I skipped my almonds earlier and had a latte instead so I made myself a the P1 peanut butter cup desert, but I still want something. I'm trying to decide if pickles will upset my stomach after that.

Hi DixieChickNik. Are you a Nikki by chance, cause that's my name.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #417  

So this was official day 8 and I still haven't cheated!

B - taco bake w/ salsa and lowfat sour cream
S - 2 legal pb chocolate cookies w/ 2 TBS sf cool whip
L - chef salad w/ ranch
S - string cheese
D - broccoli w/cheese and a bratwurst sausage (probably not the best choice but DH made them for dinner)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #418  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Neko - I was laughing so hard when I read your post about the waffles. Same exact thing happened to me the first time. I have a regular size - or I thought - waffle maker and I poured the whole thing and it spilled all over my counter, down the cabinets, and made a puddle on my floor! I thought they were good though...but make them as pancakes now! There are very few syrups I like...I did find one SF one that is better than most. It is a little thicker than some of the other ones. Its Maple Grove Farms. I also used one from Cost Plus about two years ago when I was doing Atkins. It is sweetened with Maltitol...not sure if that is SB legal...but it was REALLY good!

Hope everyone had a nice day!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 208/198/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls,

Been a wild weekend. Monday swamped at work, but I managed to stick to the plan. Like Schmoodle, I'm sticking around here for a bit longer. I haven't weighed myself as my scale seems to be broken. I am encouraged by looser waistbands, but can't wait to see an actual number soon!
Breakfast: lite n fit yogurt, green tea
Snack: lo fat cheese stick
Lunch: whole wheat chicken wrap
Dinner: whole wheat tortillas, lean steak, beans, diet coke

38 with freckles - would u share your crabcake recipe? I've been salivating about it forever!

Thanks!
Rose
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Good evening chicks! (Okay, past evening, it's actually pretty darn late now).

I have had a busy weekend and haven't had much of a chance to get on the site, but glad to have some free time right now. Okay, actually I'm totally procrastinating on some work I want to get done tonight since this week is going to be killer with deadlines at work...but I'm spending my time wisely by being here!

I cannot believe that today was my day 13 of P1. I'm so excited to get through tomorrow, weigh on Wed, and eat a sandwich (on WW of course) on Wed for lunch. I feel more energetic, the thought of pizza and fries is off my mind, and I've managed to not cheat. I'm enjoying a delicious cup of hot cocoa right now which feels like cheating, but it's not.

Welcome to all the P1 starters, and congrats to all those who have celebrated losses and/or moved on to P2. It was fun catching up on all the posts I missed.

Back to work! I'll be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread