South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #226  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Cottage 4lbs gone thats awesome - thats gotta make the day great for you

Old 01-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I have the vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, amaretto, English toffee, peppermintpaddy, Kahlua, German chocolate cake, pumpkin pie, peanutbutter, chocolate, cinnamon, and the ChaiTea ones. Sounds like a candy store! I think the caramel is great, I love it on my oatmeal. I'm not tempted to try any of the fruit-flavored ones, though, they just don't appeal to me. I have to say the peanutbutter is my favorite, I've been using it instead of the real thing in my PeanutButter Cup dessert to help cut calories, and I love it in yogurt.
MMM, how's the Chai Tea syrup? This is one treat I miss big time!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #228  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

OK ladies, all this talk of SF syrup flavors is really making me want some! You'll have to let me know how they turn out, especially the chai tea, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie ones! I love all things that have that warm, spicy taste to them.

I'm on day 7 and can't believe it has almost been a week. This time week 1 of P1 was easier than last time because I knew what to expect, how to plan, and I didn't have the flu so badly. I've even been able to exercise, although I have been taking it somewhat easy to let my body adjust to SBD. The cravings were there on day 4, especially late at night, but I got through it, and I'm on my way! Tomorrow will be my official weigh-in day, and I feel some anxiety and excitement about it. You all will be the first to know how it turns out. I hope I can move my ticker along!!

Congrats to cottagebythesea on your four pound loss! That is so wonderful!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #229  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

Day 7 for me! I had some bad cravings yesterday (and a cheated a smidge which I am sure didn't help) I hope to not feel that way today. I tried to eat a little more for breakfast, since that seems to help me not feel hungry all day long. so far, not a huge loss to report, but I am hoping for the best for the next 7 days.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #230  
beach chick

Congrats on all the losses! Way to go, everyone!!

Thanks so much for the information, cottage. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by lilybell; 01-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Hi all - I am brand new here, and also brand new to SB. Bought the book, and am starting tomorrow. I have not got a huge amount of weight to lose - probably about 15lbs, but those 15lbs make a big difference to how I feel and look.

I was wondering if anyone could have a look at my menu plan for tomorrow to see if it looks ok?

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs

Lunch - grilled chicken caesar salad with anchovies

Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with low fat cream cheese wrapped in ham with broccoli

Snacks - 15 cashews (the ones I have just now are salted - does this matter?)
sugar free jello
Old 01-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #232  

Bella B! The first time I did SBD (before my baby) I only had 15 pounds to lose, but it made a HUGE difference to how my clothes fit and how I felt about myself. I hope everything goes well for you!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Thanks for the welcome Christina You know, strangely I'm really excited about starting SB (I would have started today, but I had an apple, some minestrone soup, and some lasagne to use up today - and I hate wasting food!)
Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #234  

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to all the new ones Bella B make sure you add some vegetables you need 4 1/2 cups a day and drink your water really helps

Day 10 for me, four to go yeah!!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I too thought it was odd that the guidlines weren't in the book, I'm almost through reading it. I had found it on the web page though.

I started day 4 this morning and I did get on the sacles, I was down 2.6 lbs. Yay!!! I'm not sure what to expect during phase 1 since I have been dieting soooo long and have never stopped drinking lots of water. I drink 80-100 ozs a day.

My only concern is still the lack of energy. I skiped Curves this morning, just couldn't get myself up and going. Is this a common symptom? My DH was sick with a flu last week, I may just be fighting off what he had, or a combination of both.

Reading all of your post has been very helpful, Thanks again.

Last edited by wanna b thin; 01-11-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella B View Post
Thanks for the welcome Christina You know, strangely I'm really excited about starting SB (I would have started today, but I had an apple, some minestrone soup, and some lasagne to use up today - and I hate wasting food!)
I know what you mean about wasting food! I am exactly the same way. I had some cereal and leftover pasta and a few other things that I decided to use up before I started SB, so I was delayed a little bit. Also I was able to share some with my family, none of whom are on SB with me!

Oh and I forgot to comment on your menu last time I agree with the others about adding in plenty of veggies. The guideline I think is around 4 cups? Usually I spread mine out between the three meals to make sure I get enough. Also, nuts are a pretty good snack, but you may want to try mixing it up with some other things, like lowfat cheese, "rollups" of lean meat and cheese, roasted chickpeas (one of my favorites), etc. I usually have a SF sweet treat, like pudding (the Jello chocolate mint one is divine!!) for my after dinner snack and I seriously look forward to it all day. You might want to consider hopping on over to the recipes section to look for different snack and dessert ideas.

ETA - Doh! I just realized pudding is on the P2 list!! Oh well, I guess I will be saving the rest for a bit later! Can any of our resident experts tell me why no pudding in P1? (But we can have fudgesicles which seem really similar to me?) I don't get it.

Last edited by crk05; 01-10-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna b thin View Post
My only concern is still the lack of energy. I skiped Curves this morning, just couldn't get myself up and going. Is this a common symptom? My DH was sick with a flu last week, I may just be fighting off what he had, or a combination of both.
I definitely had the SBD "flu" the first time around. Around days 3-4, I was very tired and didn't want to do much of anything. Even at school I felt like I was falling asleep on my desk! this time it wasn't so bad, but I had a sort of ick day on day 3. I hope you feel better quickly!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #238  

Good evening everyone. Today is day six of Phase I for us here and my dh is still supporting me, lol. Usually he gets hungry and cranky on a diet and sabatoges my efforts. I made the eggplant lasagna last night and he absolutely loved it. Although, I think I will call it an Eggplant bake to not confuse my family who automatically assumes noodles with lasagna.

Tonight I am grading tons of papers, so simple salads with lots of veggies and maybe some chicken breasts broiled and chopped up on top.

Is chilli allowed in phase I? DH loves chilli and all the ingredients I use for my homemade chilli are on the phase I list, so I figure it is okay. I use fresh tomatoes and uncooked beans, not canned, so I know there is no added sugar.

If I started the plan on Saturday, then my official once a week weigh in should be on Saturday morning right? I went to the Doctors today and I weighed 1lb different from my home scale, so I figure my home scale is pretty accurate. The Endo was impressed with my latest blood sugar numbers and said to keep it up. I go for an A1C in March and am hoping I will have it back down to between 5-6% which is non-diabetic range. I feel healthier when it is in those levels.

I just found the normal gold cover SBD cookbook in the clearance section at Michael's of all places for 9.99 hc, so I snapped it up. I just ordered the quick & easy one, so I figure why not have both. So far I have been making up my own or using the ones here under the Phase I section of recipes. Everyone's ideas are so good and flavorful.

If chilli is allowed, what would you serve with it? A side salad is what I am thinking. DH is use to eating it with a starch of some kind, either cornbread or fritos, and neither are anywhere near coming into my home any time soon. I was thinking of either having it with a side salad, or maybe even making a chilli salad by topping a bed of lettuce with the chilli?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ph1 chicks. I just got back from my trip and am trying to figure out dinner. I just put some potato and ham soup on for the kiddos, quick and easy and they will love it because I don't make it often these days. I wasn't home to thaw anything out, and the refrigerator has been acting up again, so there isn't much in there. The only thing I've come up with for me and DH is some Canadian bacon. Oh! and I've got salad. I had a weird eating day with the traveling, and meetings, etc. But on plan, so that's okay.
B - small plain yogurt, coffee
L - roasted turkey, greens, and pintos at Cracker Barrel.
D - Canadian Bacon, salad
S - Fage Greek yogurt

I didn't get my water in because I had a 4-hour drive and didn't want to stop and pee every 30 miles. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Wow, cottage, that's quite a collection! I stopped by the Greencastle Coffee Roasters on the way home and bought the peanut butter and caramel syrups to add to my collection. Congrats on the 4 lbs! I will weigh on Saturday.

Somebody asked about the lattes. The easiest way is milk, 1 tsp instant coffee, syrup of choice, and zap in the microwave. Or I make a single shot of strong coffee in my Senseo. I also use vanilla and other extracts along with Splenda if I'm out of syrup. For my 50 lb. reward, I will be ordering a Toddy and a Froth Au Lait, then I'll be able to make them just like Starbucks!

Diana,
chili is one of my Ph1 mainstays! Just use lean ground beef or ground turkey. I have it with salad usually.

Sorry chicks, I didn't have much sleep last night and am running out of steam. Gotta go feed the kiddos, harass them into doing homework, and hit the hay. I'll catch up on personals tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 165/148/123

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I'm late - my 3FC activation kept going into my spam and I didn't realize it so I wasn't able to post until now. I started SBC on Jan 1 so today marked day 10 for me. I lost a little over 7 lbs the first week - which I still can't believe.
It seems like this is going to be a WOE for me as long as I keep planning meals, etc. so there is something good to eat when I get home from work. I am looking forward to moving to Phase 2 next week and adding a fruit or two back into my days.
I tried Atkins several years ago, but never made it past the two week induction -- I probably wasn't doing it right - but it seemed like too many eggs, too much cheese and way too many fats for me to continue on as a lifestyle - but don't want to knock it as some of my friends have done well on Atkins.
For me SBD seemed to make sense cause you can have the good carbs along with the proteins and good fats. Anyway -- wanted to stop by and say hello and wish everyone a healthy, happy Phase 1!
Closed Thread