South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #271  
Determined

S/C/G: 209/166/150

Height: 5' 6"

Checking in: Day four of Phase one.

Dying for fresh fruit.....Boyfriend and daughter have tons of oranges in the fridge. Mmmmm.

Choosing sugar free jello (Black cherry) instead.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,
The weekend is ending and I have not been able to get on before now. It was busy a good busy. Today was day 13 for me and I am still in.

Schmoodle-How awesome 1/2 way must feel!!

I am going to weigh in on Tuesday morning before the walk to see how phase 1 did. Only 1 more day left. I am surprised I made it. I was WANTING garlic bread with dinner tonight but didn't do it. I figured I could wait until Tuesday and add in Triscuits!! Already have tomorrows food planned. Breakfast-scrambled eggs,salsa,v8, hot cocoa to go. Lunch-Leftover parmessan chicken and green beans or broccoli. Dinner-Chili. Snacks will be celery with llc cheese or hummus and probably nuts if I need them.

I will try to get back tomorrow!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #273  

Count me in.

I got side tracked over the holidays (when I wanted to start) and will be officially starting tomorrow. Glad to be here!

I signed up for the "official" SB website, but it's hard to navigate, so before my free first week is up, I'm cancelling. This forum seems more lively. Hardly any new postings there! And this time of year it should be rocking!

Sheryl
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Sunday evening everyone! (trying to inject some extra happiness for Monday)

Schmoodle - congrats on getting 1/2 way there! What an achievement. I can't wait to be in your shoes!

Jill - Welcome! I'm new here myself and just browsing the forum gives me a ton of extra support.

Sheryl - Welcome! I've never registered with the SBD website, but I don't think you'll need it. This forum seems full of all the info and support you'll need.

I finally had a chance to go grocery shopping today and am excited to be bringing my lunch and cooking my own dinner. To be honest, I ate out for lunch/dinner 3 days....all SBD safe, save some carrots that I forgot aren't phase 1 friendly, but I still prefer to know exactly what I'm eating with my own ingredients. I hope the carrots don't hurt too much. They were served with the vegetables I had as a side with my dinner two nights in a row. Sigh!

I made the almond dijon chicken and cauliflower mashed "potatoes" for dinner tonight. Chicken was delish, but the mashed cauliflower just wasn't for me. I can see how others enjoy it though!

I have my lunch and snacks packed up for work tomorrow, so it's good to know I have plenty of yummy, healthy food to get my through until dinner.

I'm feeling a little nervous that I'm not losing, but I will wait the full first week to weigh in. I'm hoping it's all in my head.

Time for dessert! My first PB cup on phase 1 so far and I am looking forward to it!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Morning! Today is Day 4 of P1 for me now, and I'm really enjoying it - I feel I'm eating lots, and am never too hungry!

Today's plan is a bit all over the place, due to an early start, so small breakfast:

Breakfast:
Small pot fat free natural yoghurt
Mug Green tea

Snack:
15 almonds

Lunch:
Soya mince with roasted courgette and aubergine in tomato sauce
30g olives, chopped cucumber and celery

Snack:
Mini Babybel light cheese

Dinner:
Salmon with chilli and lime juice, spinach and mashed butter beans
Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CarCar, try not to be too concerned about not losing any weight yet. It will come off eventually, most likely in a big whoosh! I lost 4 pounds in the first week, and not even an ounce since! And I've been 100% perfect, too! I know that sooner or later I'm going to see some progress, we just have to be patient. Our bodies work in strange ways.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:24 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've made it to Day 13, one more day to go!

B. Scrambled eggs w/ chopped veggies and salsa
S. ff Greek yogurt w/ sf cinnamon syrup and toasted walnuts
L. Fireside white bean & turkey sausage soup
S. raw veggies w/ hummus
D. Spinach & ricotta stuffed pepper, tossed salad w/ Ken's Light Northern Italian dressing
S. sf jello w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip
Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #278  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the welcomes! I've been all over these 3FC boards for a few years now, but this is my first time coming into this section. I've done SBD in the past, just not while on 3FC.

And, I won't be starting today, either. I had planned to, but Jeff's father (whom he hasn't seen in over 2 years) is in up from Florida, so we went to Jeff's aunt's (where his dad is staying) yesterday and had dinner there. I thought that would be it and I would be on to The Beach today, but apparently, now they are all going to come to see our new house and go out to dinner this evening, and then Jeff and I are going back out there to go out to dinner with them again tomorrow night. So...looks like SBD start has been pushed back to Wednesday. If I were on Phase 2, I might try sticking to it while eating out, but the restrictions of Phase 1 make me feel like I would be setting myself up to fail right off the bat if I were to eat out. A girl can only order so many chicken caesar salads
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #279  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

Day 11 for me. The weekend was tough, since we were hanging out with family, I did great Saturday, but did cheat a little Sunday. I am down 4 pounds total so far.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #280  
Stacey

S/C/G: 173.5/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Smile Back on the Beach!

Hi! I have been going back and forth with the South Beach Diet and counting calories and decided to go on the SB diet again. I am starting phase 1 today and am excited to get creative with new recipes I have seen posted on the forum. I already tried the crustless broc and cheese quiche this morning and it was wonderful! I hope to get through the first phase easily and get on my way to losing my last 10 pounds to reach my first weight loss goal!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, last day of Ph1 for me! I will keep checking in here until we are all through it! Here's my menu for today:
B - Deviled Eggs, V8, turkey bacon
S - string cheese
L - cottage cheese, cucumber, grape tomatoes
S - LCLC and celery, latte
D - Shrimp and Cashew Stir Fry
S - Yogurt

CarCar - How is your menu planning going? I am not a fast loser on Ph1, but don't get discouraged, it will start to come off.
Christina, have a great day.
Pearlrose, hope your head is feeling better!
Sharon, have you decided about starting Ph2 tomorrow? What do you plan to add? Good luck with the weigh-in!
rvargas and lilybell
congrats on the 7.5 lbs Kara, that's awesome!
Anne, 7 lbs. is amazing. My DH loves SB because he loves having a home-cooked dinner every night. Most of the SB recipes are not so different from regular cooking. Just don't tell him it's "diet food." Maybe he will come around!
Hi Bella! I love that screen name!
cottage, we are almost there! One more day to oatmeal.
Jill, I've seen your posts on the other forum too. Great to see your face down here! I think you'll love this group too. I am not a big fan of the chicken Caesar either!
waquilter, congrats on the amazing loss since the first, and welcome to the forum!
lela, I don't think I've seen you here before, welcome! You have already lost a lot of weight, what plan were you on before?
Hi sunflower! When I got started last year, I didn't believe I would really ever get to this point. It does feel great, and the time has flown by! I have a feeling the second half will be the biggest challenge, though.
Welcome sheryl! I think you'll love this forum. I have found all the help and advice i needed right here with these amazing chicks.
Hi Piper! I have cheated a little too. It's not the end of the world. We just keep going, right?
Welcome back to the beach, ThinkThinBeThin!

By the way, in case you are wondering, I did resist the biscuits, pasta salad, and baklava last night! I took my sf caramel syrup and had a delicious latte, and didn't feel deprived at all. It really didn't look that great to me. However, I was really hungry when we arrived, and my friend had set out nuts for nibbles, so I'm afraid I did overindulge in the nuts, but overall I think I did great!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 167/156/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Survived Olive Garden

Hello!

It's been a few days since I logged on here, and I am happy to say my willpower is intact now. I guess once you set your mind to something and get serious, you can do this. Of course, I am only starting my second week of Phase I. We went out with some friends this weekend, and one of them had been craving Olive Garden...I panicked a little, but I didn't try to change the plans for the night. I resisted the bread, and I ordered some kind of chicken with veggies substituted for garlic mashed potatoes...I really wanted them more than the bread! The next morning I was rewarded with a 1 pound loss...woo-hoo!

angela
Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #283  

Height: 5' 7"

Today is day 14 for me, it is official weigh even though today is end of phase 1 but I am down another two lbs for total lose of 5 lbs Yeah! I lost everything I gained during the Holidays, now the rest of the week will only had 1 starch and 1 fruit to keep up the weight loss
Old 01-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #284  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

This is the last day of Phase 1 for us. DH and I will now be doing what we call Phase 1 1/2. We add back in fruit, ff/sf pudding, sweet potatoes, winter squash and carrots. We still avoid breads, pastas, cereals and rice for another week or two. Ah...I forgot the best thing of all to add back...red wine!!!
Karla
Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Hey right back atcha Schmoodle - and fantastic weightloss from you

SkinnyDogMom - I hear you about the red wine. It's the only thing except for oatmeal at breakfast time that I'm really missing 10 days to go and counting!
Closed Thread