South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #241  

Schmoodle: Thank you! I will whip some up tonight, so we can have it tomorrow and during the weekend. It is always better the longer the spices set. I do not blame you on not drinking a lot of water during that car ride. I have an espresso maker and I love using the sugar-free da vinci syrups. I have not used them yet during this. I will have to check the labels. What do you make a Toddy with? I had one last Christmas and it became my favorite holiday drink. I know it is brewed a special way, but what sort of machine is used?

Westiesam: 7lbs! That is awesome! Congratulations. I am looking foward to, and dreading my 1 week weigh in. I hope I am not disappointed. lol.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
I'm seriously thinking about starting Phase 1 Mon.(o1/14).
I've done this before(about 3 mo. the begining of last yr),I find it very hard to stick to,but I'm going to plan out my snacks & meals.
hopefully with support here & at home,this time will be better.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #243  
Beach Girl

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the welcomes! I've lost six pounds already, which makes me cotinue to be excited about it!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #244  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Just stopping by to say hello again! My baby is bored and I'm feeling a bit restless. Tomorrow is day 8 for me and I weigh in for the first time! I'm excited but also a little nervous to see what the actual number is. I'll let you know tomorrow and I just hope it's good news!

Thicky Thick Girl - Congrats on the loss! That's wonderful!

Westiesam
- Congrats to you too! I hope that I see some numbers like that when I weigh in tomorrow!

Schmoodle
- I hope you have a restful night!

Diana G - I have been eating chili. There is a recipe in one of the SBD cookbooks that is for phase 1, but any basic chili recipe would work, I would think. I usually eat it with a spinach salad. I miss being able to have cornbread with it, but the sacrifice is worth it!

Beliter - Good luck to you! I hope that you find success! I found that, for myself, planning ahead and support of friends, family, and 3FC, made all the difference in the world!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great SBD day!

Day 2 and I'm finding this a little bit easier than I have in the past. I actually made the effort to boil eggs today and I found that much easier to get down. I am just not a breakfast person -- I find eating in the morning incredibly hard! I know this will be killing me in a few days....is anyone else having this problem? It's not just an egg thing either - it's forcing myself to eat at all before 11.

I'm feeling really motivated right now, and hopefully the momentum will continue building (maybe that's because there are a few of us at work having a weight loss challenge!).

It's so great to hear about everyone's successes, advice, and general commentary. I'm going to try to post as often as I can so I can really make 3FC a part of my support system (plus, I feel like it holds me more accountable).

Have a great night and morning everyone!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Thanks for the helpful comments about my menu plan and for the welcome

So today is day 1 for me, and the first challenge is eating out for lunch - am going to have a grilled chicken caesar salad without croutons. Have had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.

I'll add more veggies to my meals do as per your comments.

YOu all seem to be having great success with the diet - I hope I'm posting this time next week that I've lost 7lbs too!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #247  

Oh - just remembered another question I have - diet sugar free sodas are unlimited, but does this mean I could have orange soda or is this a no-no because of the fruit aspect?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all the Newbies! Come and join us in the daily chat thread, too.

Bella, you can have any flavor of diet soda, since they don't contain real fruit. You should go easy on them, though, since they have been known to increase cravings in some people. They're pretty high in sodium, too.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Day 10 for me!

B. spinach, mushroom, ff feta quiche
S. yogurt w/ sf pumpkin pie syrup and sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
L. deviled eggs, tomato and roasted red pepper soup
S. 15 almonds, raw veggies w/ hummus
D. grilled chicken breast, roasted green beans, cannelini beans
S. sf jello w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-11-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #250  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Day 11 for me and no weight loss -the scale still shows the same # as my ticker. Seems like the doc may be right after all.

Good luck to you gals with finishing out phase 1.

My doc has given me orders to go to phase 2 until I can get over this illness se said the main ting is to bild back up the immune system so I can get back to normal.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Good morning all,
Been busy with the rat race of life. Today is day 11 for me on phase 1. Have been doing good. I have not weighed in was going to but it ended being the wrong time of the month to step on the scale so will wait now until the 15th! It seems I have and easier time getting the water in when I am around the kids. Must be an example thing just not sure if it is them showing me or me showing them. Plan for today- breakfast will be a vege omelet,and a hot cocoa to go Snack-cheese stick and cucumbers Lunch- egg salad or tuna salad Snack-pistachios and Dinner something with chicken or gd. beef that the family will eat. I am surprised how fast the veges fly out of here. I don't think I am the only one eating them anymore. Could my kids be catching on?!?!?!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #252  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning everyone!

Well today I had my very first weigh in and I lost SIX pounds this week! Hooray! I am so happy - that number really encourages me, and I feel so good about myself today! I'm now on day 8 so halfway through phase 1. When I started it, I thought that the two weeks would drag by so slowly, but it is going by pretty quick. I think that planning ahead and having new recipes to try (to make it more exciting) really helped me stay on track, so I could resist temptations at school and everywhere else.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #253  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Bella, you can have any flavor of diet soda, since they don't contain real fruit. You should go easy on them, though, since they have been known to increase cravings in some people. They're pretty high in sodium, too.

Thanks for that. I actually have soda very rarely, but have some at home for a "treat". Good to know it's allowed.

Great loss Christina!

Last edited by Bella B; 01-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Good Morning, Congratulations on all the great losses.

I seem to have a little more energy this morning, I went to Curves before work. I know I shouldn't but I get on the scales daily and I'm down 3 lbs in 4 days. I sat down and wrote out a grocery list last night, something I don't usually do. I'm going to make Chili this weekend too Diane, I think it will help DH feel like he is eating something other that diet food. He doing this along with me and is doing great, although I'm sure he is not getting enough vegtables in. He is eating enough to satisfy him.

Keep up the good work everyone, the results being posted are very positive.

Last edited by wanna b thin; 01-11-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ph1 chicks, I plan to weigh in tomorrow, so we will see how Ph1 has been treating me. I am on Ph1 through Monday, but I want to get back on my Saturday weighing schedule. As long as I am a little below my ticker weight I will be happy, as it will mean I have undone any holiday damage. I haven't planned a menu for today, bad me. But I need to go grocery shopping and can't go yet because the refrigerator is acting up and DH is working on it. The kids will have pizza at my mom's tonight, so I will only need to scrounge something up for me and DH. I had Canadian bacon and hb eggs for breakfast. I ate late, so I think I'll skip snack and have a tuna salad for lunch. Otherwise,

Diana, the Toddy is a cold brew coffee system. You make up a coffee concentrate and keep it in the fridge. Then you can add water if you want a cup of coffee, or just use a little for a latte shot. It's supposed to be much less acidic than hot brew coffee. I can't wait to get it! Right now DH makes me a cup of coffee every morning, but he'll be going away next week for 4 mos., and I'll have to fend for myself. It'll be great to have it ready and waiting every morning. If I hit my 50 lbs. at tomorrow's weigh-in, I'll order it right away.

I think I see some new names, so westisam CarCar, and beliter! I have trouble eating in the AM too, but I find it makes staying on plan so much easier if I lay down that good protein foundation in the morning, so I have retrained myself.
Good luck with the weigh-in crk!
Bella I love diet A&W root beer as a treat sometimes.
wannabe
Take good care of yourself, Gonnabe!

Okay, now I really need to get some work done!
Closed Thread