South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies!

My two weeks was up last night, and the scale this morning showed I'm 4 pounds down from last week (I get to update my ticker, yay!)

I just finished enjoying a delicious sandwich on WW for lunch. So yummy, and amazing how filling it is for me now. I know most crave cereal/oatmeal. I can do without that in the morning -- it was this darn sandwich that really had me going!

Shesaninja: I second the variation idea. And at least loosely planning ahead will definitely help. I noticed it became much easier as soon as I got all the necessary groceries, made my lunch the night before, and had a lot of different choices to come home to for dinner each night. I am not big on planning the whole day of food in advance, but if you have the ingredients, you'll always have a plan. You'll do great!

SoulCyster: Not sure what's going on with all that sugar in the sugar-free products. I've never had that experience. Everything I pick up that has lots of "sugar" listed always says it's sugar alcohols. Was the SF candy an issue? As far as hot chocolate goes, you can easily make your own by mixing plain cocoa with some splenda. Throw in some cinnamon and vanilla and you've got a really decadent, on-plan treat.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #437  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

This was my 4th day of phase II & I couldn't eat any fruit or bread today due to family emergency. Spent the day in the ER. I basically ate phase I today. I have not had any cravings for carbs and am starting to be satisfied without them. I know for good health & a balanced diet I need to introduce them, so I'll try to have some oatmeal again tomorrow. I am just amazed though at how full I am between meals and not craving carbs like I thought I would.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:34 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

It is day 10 for me and I hate to say it, but I am really starting to crave some carbs! Actually, more than that I think I'm stuck in a rut. I'm getting tired of the same snacks...celery and pb, beans, cheese, cottage cheese, pb cookie w/ cool whip, olives. I guess it sounds like a good variety but it's just getting old. Thank god I only have 4 days left. DH didn't even think twice about sitting down to eat jojos and ranch in front of me tonight. Not to mention banana bread and cream cheese last night. I'm not going to cheat but I'm not enjoying myself right now either.

B - garlic chicken breast
S - 2 stalks of celery w/ 2T peanut butter
L - cottage cheese, chicken breast, green beans
S - 1/2 up black beans w/ cheese
D - potroast
DST - NSA fudgecicle
Old 01-24-2008, 03:19 AM   #439  

Day 7 - halfway through P1. I'm actually taking this all pretty well, it helps that I haven't been able to relax at all given how busy I've been at work. So I haven't even been eating all my snacks, because I get caught up in work and before i know it, it's lunchtime already.

I was planning to only weigh myself after p1, but of course I couldn't stand it, so I weighed at day 3 and I was 2.5 lbs lighter - yay! But then on day 5 I had gained back one lbs and I really did everything right, I haven't cheated at all. So it doesn't really make sense! I'm hoping it's my stupid scale acting up again.

I will weigh tomorrow morning, 1 week in, to see where I'm at. And then I'll try to wait until day 14 for the final P1 result. I tend to get really discouraged if it fluctuates a lot, so it's much better for me to weigh weekly.

B: Mushroom omelet
S: A few nuts
L: Tuna salad
S: Yoghurt (FF)
D: Don't know yet - probably chicken breast stirfry or something like that.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:57 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 136/134/120

Last day of P1 for me today. Had my second weigh in - I've only lost 2lbs in P1 - to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Today's plan is:

B: 2 spinach quiche cups
S: Pot fat free natural yoghurt
L: Tuna with green beans
S: Mini babybel light cheese
D: Soya mince stew with braised tomatoes, peppers and celery
S: Sugar free jello
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3

Morning girls!

Day 10 on Phase 1 for me! I have not weighed myself yet. I have a different philosophy on the scale thing - I don't use one! I typically go to the Dr. at least every other month for one reason or the other, so I get weighed then. It's a lot more accurate than regular ones, and I can't cry if I'm in public I like to wait until I feel a difference in my pants and then I'll get on the scale. I don't want to see a 4 lb loss, I want to see big numbers! Anyone else understand this theory? My BF wants to buy me scale. I told him I would throw it at his head if he did

On today's menu...

B: part skim mozz stick with 1 tb pb
S: almonds and celery with hummus
L: stroganoff stew
S: mozz stick
D: chicken breast and yellow squash
S: sf hersheys chocolate
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #442  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, Pistachio Indiscretion done and over with. I had a much better day yesterday, and the scale reflected that this morning, too, as I'm back down to 316.5 (from 318 yesterday morning). I'll keep chugging the fluids to make sure I get rid of any remaining salt-inflicted water retention.

This morning, I had Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges for the first time--the French onion and the garlic & herb flavors. Not bad. I also have the plain light Swiss ones sitting in my fridge at home that I haven't tried yet.

I have to say, I've been eating some sugar. Not like candy or cereal or anything like that, but like yesterday, I bought some tuna salad and chicken salad at Whole Foods, and apparently the mayo they use has some sugar in it. It was the 4th ingredient listed for the mayo, and the mayo was the 3rd ingredient in the salad, so I'm thinking it wasn't much sugar. I assume if it's not causing me any cravings, then I'll be okay. And honestly, I've never really had a problem with craving sweets--I'm a fat craver, which this diet, so far, has not helped me to overcome I think it will always be a problem I face.

SoulCyster, I'm pretty sure sugar alcohols are allowed. They are natural (derived from plants, no chemicals) and your body doesn't absorb/treat them like regular sugar. This is why if you eat too much of them, though, they can have a laxative affect
Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #443  

I'm hoping today will be a more positive day! I have been so fatigued and exhausted all week. I feel like I have no energy and it's been really hard to wake up in the mornings...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Default Day one :eek:

Good morning ladies!
Today is my first day and I'm a tad nervous but also excited to start this 'adventure'.
I went shopping last night and picked up a bunch of different foods to have around the house. This weekend will be a big challenge but I'm up for it!
I made some quiche cups last night and I'm shocked at how delicious they are.
I hope you are all having a great day!

PS I know this has probably been asked 234 times but how do you get those neat tickers in your signature?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Shesaninja (very cute!)
First, click on User CP in the left hand side of the purple bar at the top of this page. Then, click on Edit Signature in the list on the left. A weight tracker will come up at the top of the page with a link to click on to create a tracker. It will walk you through the process. When you are done, you'll need to copy the code and paste it into your signature. Let us know if you have any trouble.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Welcome Shesaninja! Don't be nervous - it gets so much easier as the days go by! I'm finding more and more things I can eat that I never would have thought about.

Also, for the tickers, new members now have to wait 30 days to be able to use them and a signature. I think they were having trouble with SPAM. I made a really cute one and now it's gone! But that's ok, when I make my new one hopefully my current weight will be a new number!

Good luck!!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 150/139/115

Hi everyone, I am new here.. and new on SB. Yestarday was my first day and it went well.. i am already down two pounds!!! I have also started walking on treadmill for 30 mins twice a day. I am wondering if i can stay on phase 1longer??
Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #448  

Okay, note to everyone....Ph1 broccoli cheese soup is terrible. Absolutely terrible...at least in my humble opinion!

B - a sausage
S - 2 pb cookies w/ 2 TB of sf cool whip
L - grilled garlic chicken, green beans, lowfat cottage cheese
S - 2 string cheeses
D - attempted to make broccoli cheese soup...ate about 2 bites....
DST - legal hot chocolate with a bit of sf cool whip
Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to checking in with you guys everyday for support and motivation.. it's so nice to know there are other people doing this too!

Here's my first day, let me know how I did.

B: 2 quiche cups
S: Celery w/laughing cow cheese (I think this is legal)
L: 2 cups salad w/tuna, garbanzo beans, a little shredded cheddar and LF Ranch. 1 cup of FF Milk. Sugar Free Watermelon Jello
S: String cheese and 15 almonds
D: Chicken stuffed with Laughing Cow cheese. 2 cups of steamed italian green beans.
D: No Sugar Added Fudgesicle

It sure didn't feel like I was on a diet yesterday!
I feel like I overdid it in the cheese department. I don't recall seeing any rules on how much cheese we eat.

I'll have to wait a while to make my ticker I guess. Stupid spammers ruin it for the new kids!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi Shesaninja! I don't think there's any regulations on cheese outside of how much you can tolerate. The laughing cow light is SB legal and very low in calories.

Zoerba Thanks for the heads up on the brocolli cheese soup. I attempted to make the spinach dip recipe last night using laughing cow. The stuff wouldn't melt and it was inedible. I should have just stopped at the directions where the spinach was nicely wilted.

Is it ok if I giggle at the pistachio indiscretions and almond affairs? I don't have a nut fetish myself, but for some reason I find that funny.

Day 11 w00t
Breakfast - Deli turkey slices and red pepper strips
Snack - 1% cottage cheese and V8
Lunch - Spinach salad with edamame, FF cheese and homemade vinaigrette
Snack - Skim milk latte
Dinner - Roast chicken, broccoli, artichoke
Snack - Maybe the P1 peanut butter cup thing again
Closed Thread