South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I started Phase 1 two days ago, I've already lost a few pounds. I did the South Beach diet a few years ago and it worked but stupid me went back to pizza and junk food for a time.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #482  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Hereicome, I have gone out to eat twice on Phase I. Got lean steak & salad one time. Last Saturday, got a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese & dijon on it (Just ditched the bun) and a side of steamed veggies, very tasty & more than filling. It is so much easier for me than trying to follow weight watchers and estimate points. My husband used to be the one that ordered steak but now I'm eating it just as much.
Neko, I'm not eating any different veggies than I ever have. I always eat onions, broccoli, etc. My breath is so bad, I can tell it myself, before someone tells me. Just keep popping sugarless gum at work so I don't breathe my stinky breath on patients. I only added oatmeal this last week so now I need to add a fruit this week.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #483  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, fellow Phase 1-ers! Today is my last official day on Phase 1, but I'm only going to add a little fruit here and there for a while (about Phase 1.25, I guess). Today and yesterday have been struggles since Jeff is home sick with a stomach bug, so he's not eating anything. It makes it SO tempting to just grab a bite for myself at a fast food place, but I've resisted. I don't find myself craving sweets or french fries or anything like that, but I would LOVE a big greasy bacon cheeseburger (mmm...with fried onion straws and mayo and bbq sauce...)! ha, no wonder I'm over 300 pounds
Old 01-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

<~~~~~~~~Is now craving a big greasy burger and onion rings!

It's day 6 and I'm doing pretty well! I've only cheated by drinking a little wine. I had a horrible day yesterday and I had 2 glasses last night with dinner.
I'm going to cut it out for the rest of the week though. But no promises when the weekend rolls around!

My menu from yesterday:

B: Cottage cheese w/cucumbers
L: Leftover roast beef w/LF cheddar cheese. Steamed soy beans.
S: String Cheese & 15 almonds
D: Cheddar stuffed chicken breasts with parmesan and italian seasoning on the outside.
2 glasses of wine.. oops.

Desert: NSA Fudge pop
Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 136/136/125

Height: 5'5

I just started SBD for the first time yesterday. I had been doing a very strict low carb diet for the past 6-7 months and decided that this diet was making me crazy because I had to measure and weigh everything and I cannot live my life forever like that. I only want to lose about 5-10lbs and just maintain happily so my Dr recommended I give SBD a try. I am very paranoid that I am eating too much or not eating the right way but hopefully I am just paranoid and I'm doing it right. My big thing is I love salads and I LOVE different kinds of salad dressings and I have to give a lot of my fave salad dressings now because we can only have the ones with 3g of sugar or less...I am trying to read the ingredients in them too to make sure they're okay but I am just not sure what to stay away from and what is okay....I would love a buddy or some support here
Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #486  

Height: 5'4"

Default just starting tomorrow

I'll be starting the diet tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to having the support here to help me! I'm making my shopping list and hitting the store tonight so I can start out right tomorrow morning with my eggs and turkey bacon.

Here's my plan:
B: 1 egg, 2 slices turkey bacon
L: taco salad with fow-fat chedar
S: lite string cheese, 15 almonds
D: baked chicken breast, green beans, cauliflower
S: sugar-free fudgesicle

Last edited by meggin; 01-29-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Hey Everyone,
I started Phase 1 on 1/26/08 then had an issue with the fat free cool whip where instead of the alowed 2 tbsp I ended up eating the whole container
Then I had another mishap where I had more then the alowed 2 tbsp of peanut butter.

So as of today I've been on point and doing great I have realized that for now I am not discipline enough to have fat free cool whip and peanut butter in the house.

I am really excited to be doing SB and to have found a group of others who on the on the Beach with me.

My Menu Today:

B- mock beligian waffle (did the pancake version) it actually tasted like french toast. Sugar Free syrup

MS- SB cottage cheese (first time tasting cottage cheese) gonna take some getting use to

L- Chicken breast with green leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes and fat/sugar/calorie free ranch dressing!! The dressing was disgusting!!

Sugar free jello

Mid-AS.... Celery with roasted pepper hummus I really liked this

Dinner...... I think I am going to make salmon and some brocoli

As far as exercising I do 30 min of cardio in the morning and evening 5x a week, I want to start doing the Walk Away The Pounds in the morning since that is when I have the most time allowed (kids and hubby sleep)

Anyway I need all the encouraging I can get so here I am!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #488  

Here's my menu for the day so far....

B- 1/2 c egg whites, turkey, roastbeef, lf swiss, 1/2 c broccoli/mushrooms
S- 1/2 c cottage cheese w/ cinnamon and splenda, 7 almonds/cashews
L- salad w/ grilled chicken strips, 1 & 1/2 c red/grn peppers, 2T mandarin ginger dressing, 8 almonds/cashews
S- celery w/ 1 laughing cow wedge and 2 hard boiled egg whites, little bit of hummus
D- probably chicken with veggies

Does it sound like I am eating too much????? I feel like I am and I still feel hungry but it's only Day 2 ---- should I be eating more than this????

Is it okay to have the salad dressings with 3g sugar or less no matter what the ingredients are???
Old 01-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by beliter View Post
Hi,
sorry for being absent.
I guess I give up.
Nothings working for me right now.
I thought I was doing fine,lost 6 pounds,but I'm finding it hard to do.
sorry,
bec
Maybe you can just start off in P2 if you don't want to entirely give up carbs.

k-boogie, I didn't like the Kraft SB cottage cheese. It's chemical tasting. Maybe you should try one of the regular brands. I like the Friendship whipped 1% cottage cheese.

Jules I don't think you're eating too much. In fact I found it hard in P1 to even get my calories up to 1500 unless I added my nut serving. (and I'm not a big nut person) If you want, try using fitday to approximate how many calories, then you can get an idea of how much you want to eat.

murphmitchMy last thought is seasonings. I've noticed that I've been going a bit heavy on the onion powder and garlic powder to make lean meats taste better. Maybe you're doing the same. lol

Technically I was on P2 starting today, but I only ate a couple of carrots today. I guess you can say it was Phase 1.1 But Saturday after I weight myself, I am definitely having oatmeal. mmmmmmm
Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #490  
Eating for two!

Phase 1 complete! My scale said 315.5 again this morning, but I'm also having TOM, so I think that's a GREAT loss and accomplishment to be in Phase 1 with TOM without caving to cravings I also made it through Phase 1 without feeling more tired than usual and without feeling the mild flu-like symptoms many experience in Phase 1.

I know I mentioned in my last post my cravings for burgers. I almost went to McD's yesterday for some double cheeseburgers. Almost. I WANTED it. Bad. I even slowed down thinking about turning on my signal light, but I drove past it. I should have felt proud, happy, determined, excited...instead, I just felt deprived. I should have remembered that I'd much rather be thinner and healthier in the future than happy for 5 minutes while I scarf down some burgers, but I was just frustrated. I'm not sure why this is--I was not in a positive place at all.

I went home and cooked up some turkey burgers with thin-sliced cheese and center-cut bacon (40% less fat--I don't like turkey bacon). I did have a little bbq sauce with it, which had sugar in it, but it was better than most bbq sauces. 99.9% of the sauces I lok at in stores list either sugar or HFCS as the first ingredient. This one has it listed as the third ingredient, and it's brown sugar, not HFCS. Plus, I certainly ate it with plenty of protein.

Well, off to get ready for work--I don't think I'll be doing anything different from Phase 1 today since I don't really have any Phase 2 foods around. I'll have to go shopping and buy some frozen strawberries for smoothies. My throat hurts a little, but I've been fortunate enough to not catch Jeff's stomach bug, so that's a plus!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post

k-boogie, I didn't like the Kraft SB cottage cheese. It's chemical tasting. Maybe you should try one of the regular brands. I like the Friendship whipped 1% cottage cheese.

Jules I don't think you're eating too much. In fact I found it hard in P1 to even get my calories up to 1500 unless I added my nut serving. (and I'm not a big nut person) If you want, try using fitday to approximate how many calories, then you can get an idea of how much you want to eat.

Yeah I can't wuite put my finger on it since it was my first time eating cottage cheese I really didn't know what to expect but it just seem sour tasting to me. I'm going to look into other cottage cheese brands.

I am so glad you posted about the calorie intake on Phase 1, I keep hearing that your intake should be no less then 1200 calories a day, but when I took a menu from the SB book and plug the numbers in sparkspeople (just like fitday) the actual calorie intake for the entire day was 750 and the carbs 23.

I was really worried I wasn't eating enough calories but I am following the plan to a "T".
Old 01-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #492  

Jill.................. great job on passing up McDonalds I know you said you felt deprived but it's well worth it. I think we all have our moments cuz I sure wanted to buy that cool whip and sugar free peanut butter cups in the store yesterday even though it's all allowed on SB I am not dicipline enough to have the allowed amount and would eat all of it in one sitting.

Yesterday passed and today is a new day you got through it and we're going to get through Phase 1!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #493  

Thanks for the advice, Neko.

The best cottage cheese I have found is Friendship brand 1% cottage cheese - it's lowest carb and sugar and more protein and actually tastes a lot better. I discovered a delicious new treat a few days ago while experimenting w/ my cottage cheese --- I added some cinnamon and splenda and it was great, especially if you want something sweet

I decided to do a chicken and shrimp stirfry last night for dinner, with some mushrooms, onions, broccoli, peppers and hot peppers with a blackbean sauce and it was delicious.

I'm going to check out fitday or the other site and calculate my calories.

Today's Menu....

B- 1/2 c southwestern eggbeater with 1/2 c diced red/green/yellow peppers, a slice of roast beef and a slice of turkey with some ff shredded cheddar
S- string cheese or babybel laughing cow cheese
L- salad with grilled chicken strip leftovers, turkey, roast beef; 1.5 c red/green peppers, 2T greek dressing
S- cottage cheese
D- chicken or tilapia?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Jilly Great job on resisting those burgers. It's hard keeping away from favorite treats, especially when you keep passing the places all the time. I had to go to Dunkin Donuts yesterday for co-workers and I swear I could have killed for a muffin. It's so hard to be in the place with money in your hand and not be able to get what you want. Almost makes me want to throw a two year old tantrum going, "But I want a muffin, now!"

I have a sugar-free BBQ sauce, I think it's KC brand. It's made with splenda instead of sugar, HFCS. It's ok to use on things, but it doesn't cook quite the same.

Jules I'll have to try the cinnamon/splenda thing. I've been eating mine with cucumbers and tomatoes since I haven't had fruit yet. I didn't know the Friendship was the healthiest cottage cheese, I just thought it tastes the best. The good thing is I used the SB branded one in recipes and didn't notice the funny aftertaste, so it wasn't a total waste.

Who, we can have SF peanut butter cups? The only sweet thing I've eating is that Phase 1 peanut butter cup thing. But that does require coolwhip.

1/30 Menu
Breakfast - 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 1/4 cup onion, FF cheese, coffee (with cream )
Snack - red pepper strips, mini baybel light
Lunch - Salad with leftover ham, FF cheese, edamame and homemade ranch
Snack - SF Skim Latte
Dinner - Vegi burger, SF coleslaw (homemade), broccoli
Snack - cottage cheese
Old 01-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #495  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I have a sugar-free BBQ sauce, I think it's KC brand. It's made with splenda instead of sugar, HFCS. It's ok to use on things, but it doesn't cook quite the same.
I'm jealous--I've checked multiple grocery stores around here and cannot find a no-sugar-added (Splenda) barbecue sauce!

I've found the thing I'm missing the most with this diet is condiments. I know that sounds weird, but I have not been able to find a low/no sugar bbq sauce, honey mustard, ketchup, or salad dressing I like My favorite dressings have always been French, thousand island, and honey mustard, and they're all PACKED with sugar. I also loved using teriyaki marinades and stir-fry sauces, but those all have sugar, too. I'm having a really hard time eating everything plain. I did find a no-sugar-added ketchup, but I found it at Whole Foods, which means no artificial sweeteners, either, so it's VERY un-ketchup-like.

Man, I am SUCH a picky eater. No wonder I got to be over 300 pounds--I blame my taste buds
Closed Thread