Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #196  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Welcome Oakfield!! You are welcome to join us in here!!

Hi yall! Finally back from my vacation...what a trip! We charted 28 miles in 4 days - NOT including the inside walking we did! And it was 102 up there in DC to boot! I think I drank 15 gallons of water every day and I only pee'd 5 times the whole trip! (can you say swollen feet and ankles?? My toes looked like vienna sausages ) Didn't stick to plan after day 1 (but made good choices mostly), had wi yesterday and stayed the same in pounds, but my fat % went down over 1% and my water % was up 1.5% - (all in my feet no doubt)...so I weighed again this morning - down 2 pounds! I won't make it official, but since that was my last doc wi - I will weigh in every Friday morning - I have a few days left of doc food, and already have my 12 weeks of WS organized and ready to go when I'm done with this other stuff!

Yall have been busy while I've been gone, so I just decided to pick up here and roll with it - until I have a few days to catch up!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

SCat- so good to see you back and sorry to hear you were so sick! It is pretty difficult to follow a strict regimen when you are away from your normal surroundings. Keep drinking your water and Thanks for the reminder that we have a choice to make our days better ones!
Oakfieldmama- Welcome!!! This is such a great group and know you will love it.......everyone shares and is open and supportive of each other.
Kristikins!- Yay!!! You are back. Good news on your loss and am sure it will be even more once that water vacates your feet! Can just picture those poor little sausage toes!
Happy weekend everyone.......I intend to attempt yardwork for my exercise this weekend, drink lots of that good 'old H2o and hope for a good weigh in on Monday.
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #198  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfieldmama View Post
Hi all! I was just wondering if this is a private thread to where no one else can join? I was reading through and feel like its been me writing these! I've been in the medifast forum but no one is ever there! I've been doing hi energy for 10 weeks now. They have medifast and ws food at the office I go to, I need them for the accountability! I can't do it on my own! I go in twice a week for weigh ins. I would love to join yall! Especially for the support, I need it! Today is my youngest sons bday party and I'm trying to figure out how NOT to eat a piece of cake! I've lost 17 # In the 9 weeks but have had a set back here and there! Its not near as quick as all of you! Sorry ape rambling! I'd love to join yall though!
Welcome! Anyone is welcome to join. Feel free to post as much as you want and Grats on the weight loss!

Good luck with the party. If you can, eat just a small sliver of cake. You'd be surprised at how just a tiny taste of something can make the craving go away. However, unless it is a trigger food. If you think eating a small piece of cake will cause a downward spiral then be strong and take a break to come post here, haha! Either way have fun!

I took a peek at the scale and I am up 2lbs. Yea...this was a bad week. But I have today to be extra good and see where that gets me, hehe. It's rainy here and I slept in until 11am. I hate that!
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the welcome!! I feel like I'm not doing as good on this as I could be! But I do have to keep reminding myself that I'm not 100 % op everyday.
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #200  

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been posting cause I went to Michigan for three weeks, and Mom came back to CA with me, so I'm still eating off plan. I can tell I have gained some, things feel tighter around the bra area. She leaves Wednesday and I have ordered a new box of shakes, I'm going right back on it all. I felt better when I was eating on plan, even though I can't deny I'm enjoying eating all the bad stuff right now.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #201  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Paula I totally know about how good the forbidden food is!! But the more of it you eat, the harder it is to let it go when you do get back op...just hang in there!!

Tomorrow we are taking my Mom (in a limo) to Cheddars in a nearby town for lunch - her 65th birthday was Wed (when I was in DC)...she has NO idea what we've planned, thinks we are having lunch at my sisters house Soooo Cheddars will be my meal for the day and will stick with shakes the rest of the day! Maybe it won't bee too bad! Gotta look up their menu to see what looks healthy!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

So the party was fun. I did eat a cupcake and half of another....but felt gross and sick to my stomach after! I also ate chicken and green beans while everyone ate hot dogs and hamburgers. I did have a handful of chips and some ranch dip. Not too bad I guess. We have 3 more bday parties this month and I can almost be positive I will have no more cake! My son had a good day and that's all that matters today!
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #203  

I am up a 1lb this week. I am blaming it on what feels like PMS, haha. It was very hard to control my cravings this week. I'm actually ok with 1lb. It'll be gone by next week. ^_^
Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #204  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78
queen....I use thedailyplate.com I think it's called livestrong.com now. You can track your food intake there as well. They have a lot of medifast and wonderslim products already in there...so far I've been able to find everything I've eaten. Usually the only thing I have to add myself is if I make a recipe and want to know all the nutrition facts. Hope that helps....oh...and it's free too )
I will try that one out thanx!

Hi all,
Just got back from taking a trip for 5 days and I now going to try track my numbers better. I tried the livestrong site and that was great. It had all the medifast stuff in there and now I can add all those optional foods that I can't seem to do on the medifast website. Today was just over 5 weeks and I weighed in and lost 3.5 lbs while out of town with family, eating out and being locked in a car for 12 hours each way, so I am happy with that.
Now I can get back to catching up and posting.

Cals
Fat
37 g
Cholesterol
876 mg
Sodium
1250 mg
Carbs
92 g
Sugars
44 g
Fiber
23 g
Protein
94 g
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #205  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Oakfield - sometimes we have to give in to cake - and cupcakes are the bomb!! It's ok...just do your best thru the bdays - if you eat something bad - just shrug it off and move on! One bad meal doesn't equal failure, but if we let it add to more bad meals THAT is failure!

Kelly - I'm with ya - PMS all the way - yesterday I had a massive headache, followed by cramps and today - YEP TOM is here...so I feel all nasty in my gut..

Welcome back Queen! Glad your trip went well and a loss to boot!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm back to work today after our vacation too - yucky ole work, but at least it's a routine!!

How do yall keep your meals straight? I'm such an organizer freak - I made up Gallon Zip loc bags, one for each day and I have packed my 4 shakes, bar and protein supplement in them for the day - is that rediculous? When I was doing my docs plan - it was 2 shakes and a bar...so it wasn't so confusing...any tips on keeping straight??
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
How do yall keep your meals straight? I'm such an organizer freak - I made up Gallon Zip loc bags, one for each day and I have packed my 4 shakes, bar and protein supplement in them for the day - is that rediculous? When I was doing my docs plan - it was 2 shakes and a bar...so it wasn't so confusing...any tips on keeping straight??
Can you come organize mine too? I think what you are doing is great. I am one of the most disorganized people ever. I have all my shakes and junk still in the box. I wake up 5 minutes before I have to leave for work. I grab a handful of packets and a bar if I'm lucky and stuff them into my bag and leave.

I really think I need to work on discipline and organization more, but when I do I feel overwhelmed. Ugh!

Question Time: Perhaps someone will have a genius idea that I missed. Now, I don't mind the shakes with water. That is fine. However, I find I actually really love and want to drink them when I use milk in replace of water which I am known to do on the weekends for breakfast every once in a while. I absolutely love it. For me, it changes the taste 100%. Does anyone have any idea on how I might be able to make something like it with out milk or something...? I don't want to be drinking 3-5 cups of milk a day! xD Unless that isn't a bad thing but I'm pretty sure it's not that good for me...I don't know! Do you? lol

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

QueenO - Welcome back and GREAT JOB on your trip loss!!!
Kristi and Kelly - depends on what your work hours are, but basically, for me, every 2 hours something is going into the mouth and every other hour is a bottle of water. I typically have a shake before leaving for work (or a double shake if it is going to be a longer day); take 3 shakes and a bar and a supplement (to call lunch with a shake). So my day would look like this: 8am = shake (or double shake if late work day); 9am water; 10am shake;11am water Noon shake and supplement;1pm water; 2pm bar; 3pm water; 4pm shake;5pm water; 6pm shake (if I am home-then don't need double shake at 8am) have this with dinner or have between 7 & 8pm. So there it is.....shoving something in the mouth every two hours is hard alot of the time to get the last shake in for me.
So, now that I sound like 'the big expert' ha! Let me tell you how I think I screwed up and it showed on the scale today with a mere 1# loss....boooo!
I spent the weekend doing yard-work and got totally off schedule and probably dehydrated too!! Not enough water or anything else. Also did not keep track of my food over the week and think I probably had too few calories.......So, will work diligently this week as am leaving town Fri not to return until Mon. However, am planning on taking the shakes + (magic bullet) and bars along. Will make a food plan for every evenings meal and stick with it. Then if I do not see at least a 3# loss by next week will go to Plan B.
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #208  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Kelly - silly woman - you need to pack your food the night before! I went ahead and packed mine for the whole week last night, that way when I dash home just in time for bed some nights this week - I'll have NO excuse to not be OP!! As for your milk question - have you tried using Almond milk? It has fewer calories; I have some in my fridge right now but haven't opened it yet - got it to eat in my WS cereal. I've been afraid to mix shakes w/ milk cause I was afraid I'd like'em better that way ;-) are you still not loving them with the syrups in them using water??

Water - I like your schedule..I'm gonna have to adapt that to my work schedule - that's a lot eating...since TOM came last night it doesn't even look appealing to me at all, but I know in a few days that will pass and it'll be katie-bar-the-door!! Let me warn ya on travel - bars don't fare well in a hot car!! So if you're gonna leave them in your car for an extended time, pack a cooler for them!! I had to lick the paper as mine melted in DC! I'm planning another trip for the 22nd - 25th to Pigeon Forge; it's a ladies retreat - I'm planning to stay OP as much as I can while up there tooI'm thinking with the supplements it'll make it easier for me cause I'll get to EAT when everyone else is - not just drink!!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Kelly - silly woman - you need to pack your food the night before! I went ahead and packed mine for the whole week last night, that way when I dash home just in time for bed some nights this week - I'll have NO excuse to not be OP!! As for your milk question - have you tried using Almond milk? It has fewer calories; I have some in my fridge right now but haven't opened it yet - got it to eat in my WS cereal. I've been afraid to mix shakes w/ milk cause I was afraid I'd like'em better that way ;-) are you still not loving them with the syrups in them using water??
I think I am just being fickle. I like them with water, sf syrups. But it's more of a meh kind of like. While as when I used milk it was very yummy. I should not have done that but I tried it on a whim one day when I needed a bit more calories. Oh well, I'll get by.

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutableParadox View Post
I think I am just being fickle. I like them with water, sf syrups. But it's more of a meh kind of like. While as when I used milk it was very yummy. I should not have done that but I tried it on a whim one day when I needed a bit more calories. Oh well, I'll get by.
Have you tried using part water and part milk? At least then you wouldn't be having 3-5 cups of milk a day. Or maybe using Fat Free half & half?? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there ) I've heard wonderful things about Almond milk...another thing I've never tried, but always mean to...lol Now I'm gonna have to start trying some different things )
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote