Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 226/207/190 (mini goal #1)

Height: 5'4

Default Jeans Story

I threw on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and flipflops today to go outside. We got halfway down the block and I noticed that there was a loop on the side that I never noticed. My DH started laughing and said that I put his jeans on! The cool thing is, they fit! Like boyfriend jeans, they look really good! A little long, but good!

The moral of the story is...even if you don't see it in the numbers, you'll see it in the fit of your clothes! Cool!!!
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #302  

Thanks Waterwoman64 and Kristikins, I'm actually ordered some items today. I am ready and nervous. Hope to get it this week.
mollymai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #303  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Water - Thank you for those nice things you said about me...made me blush I do live a busy life - sometimes too busy!! I think my travelling is over, at least till December! I made the decision last night to do 5-6 shakes today, my bar and L&G...that should get me back on track!

I think I'm gonna send some of the protein supplements back - they are good - tolerable, but I just feel like if I stick with shakes instead of "food" that I'll be better able to keep going. It's almost like the more I eat, the more I want to eat...I'll keep some of them (breakfast ones are pretty good) and just change for shakes...any thoughts??

Glass - CONGRATS on your jeans story!! That's pretty awesome! I don't think I could ever get into my hubby's jeans - he's a 30" waist...UGH... Looks like you'll be hitting ONEderland soon...YAY!!

Yall have a good day - it's Monday...yucky, cruddy ole Monday...
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Saying " hey" to y'all WonderSlimmers.

I am NOT doing the plan, btw, so that's why I didn't post here before. I just incorporate some of the WS stuff to calm my crazy appetite with low-carb/high-proteiny stuff that's easy to use. And I actually REALLY REALLY like some of the products, notably the smoothie, hot cakes, hot chocolate, and veggie joe (so far). The snack bars' nutritional are horrible, so I will not rebuy. I like the pudding shake in p udding form (mousse form, actually). Smoothie's better.

I find it's helping me control my appetite, so that I made a new milestone (ie, 40 pounds off). I don't eat on plan. It's sorta my makeshift plan with WonderSlim assist.

MediFast sounded awful tasting , expensive, and too much soy for me.

If the DD people took away the aspartame, sugar, fructose, high-fructose corn syrups and maltitol, rejiggered with better sweeteners, and added more entree options, and fixed the horror of salt that are the soups--excuse me, but do fat people need so much sodium? No, we don't. We tend to have high blood pressure as is! And bloat makes for lousy weigh-ins---this would be such a great plan. It's partway there, but needs work. I hope they don't get complacent/lazy but work to kick MF's butt tastewise and quality-wise.

But I do say it's helpful for people like me with INSANE appetites who calm down with lowcarb/high-protein snacks and options.

I hope this week is great for everyone. My goal is to hit 256 or less by Sunday's weigh-in.

And if you're not a superstrict WSmer and go to fast-food places, you might wanna check out the Buffalo Chicken at SUBWAY over a veggie delight salad and the Turkey/Bacon/Avocado over a veggie delite salad. I really have been enjoying that for lunch, as well as the occasional Protein Plate from Starbucks (love that muesli and PB combo with the boiled egg, half-apple, bit of grapes, and cheese). It's lovely with some coffee.

Take care...

Last edited by Mirtika; 07-26-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Well, today was my as always dreaded weigh in day. Lost 2# again this week. Seems to be the magic number this month. As long as the numbers continue to decrease, guess I won't worry and won't have to make too many changes to how I am doing things. Yesterday a.m. we went out to breakfast and I had the skillet breakfast, leaving most of the potatoes on my plate, but then felt bloated and full all day, missing shakes, water, etc. Ended up with only 873 calories after the count yesterday, but could not eat........just too icky feeling. Another lesson learned, I guess - no more skillets. Really have been more careful to keep track of food journal over the past week - however did miss a couple of days. It's such a pain in the neck to have to do this, but unfortunately, necessary and hopefully can just get the habit going and do it.
Mirtika - welcome here. We don't care if you follow the plan precisely......alot of us don't either. We would always welcome your input.
GlassB - great story about the jeans!!!!!!!!

Hey - where is our Jyoyo???!!!
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #306  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Water - there are several MIA's...Cat, Yoyo and didn't see Kelly yesterday....Congrats on your loss!! 2#'s is GREAT!!! Unofficially I'm up 1.5 from all that dang Mississippi Mud cake I ate over the weekend - but WI is Friday, so I have time to get it off! I have a hard time journaling my food too - usually I sit at my desk first thing in the morning and write in what all I brought to work to eat, and what's on the menu for dinner - and HOPE that I can stick with that throughout the day! Yesterday was close! I did really good on 5 shakes, 1 bar and dinner last night - but I think I'm gonna have to space out my shakes a bit more as I get really hungry at quittin' time!

Mirtika - Glad you came on over...like Water said - very few of us follow WS plan to the T...and we welcome your input! You did some awesome reviews in that other thread of some WS foods!! When I ordered my 12 week kit I made some changes - only ordered the entrees that had 5 stars; most of them are good, some only tolerable - so I think I'm gonna send some of them back for more shakes!

Hope yall have a good day today!!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #307  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Oh - I gotta tell yall what my Mom did on our trip last weekend...we all brought goodies to give to everyone I called it "My favorite things" so everyone put a surprise in each others special bags and we went thru our bags and told what we each put in and why...one of my friends put in one of those sleeves of fun size candy bars, cause (like me) sweets is her favorite! We were sitting in church on Sunday morning and had to bring our candy in - in our purses, cause it was soooo hot outside..my Mom drags out a crunch bar between Bible study and Worship and began eating it (really Mom?) and then gasps and says, "Oh no...what are you gonna do with your candy, you can't have that - I don't want you to mess up"..OMG...really...what am I 7???? I said, like I always do (cause she's always saying crap like that), "Mom, it's ok..I have it in my purse so it wouldn't melt and I'll take it home to David, for his lunch box next week (david is my wonderful hubby)"....sometimes I wish I could run away for a year, loose the weight w/out the food police always blowing a whistle at me and then come home all thin and fit...I turned to my friend and told her what Mom had said, and then I said you know I think I need to start doing that to her too maybe she'll get the idea of how horrible it makes me feel. See my Mom did Weight Watchers for years, and was even working for them until a few months ago, to ensure that her weight didn't come back...well, I noticed that this weekend she grazed on crap all weekend long - turning nothing away, so maybe if I draw her attention to how she's eating she'll get the message...(not like I really could do that - that's totally not my personality, but I sure like to think about it!)

Sorry for the rant - but evidently it's really buggin me or I wouldn't still be thinking about it!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #308  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Ok, Ok....where is everyone...Kelly - have you abandoned me??? Cat - you said you'd check in every once in a while...Jyoyo - were you abducted by aliens???....Chop - are you hiding???...I know I'm forgetting a bunch...where are yall?? Am I gonna have to send out the WS forum police to find yall??
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey CJT!!! I haven't even finished reading your post....but I noticed we live in the same town!! Woot!!! Go Bellingham!! he he too funny!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #310  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwoman64 View Post

Hey - where is our Jyoyo???!!!
Jyoyo's in da house! Just been super busy and my computer monitor at home took a doody on me...bleh! So, I'm reduced to using my laptop, which is kind of annoying to use, plus that's what we use to "watch tv"...lol So, it's usually occupied by someone. Or I can come here at work...which I prolly shouldn't...but...whadya gonna do?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Ok, Ok....where is everyone...Kelly - have you abandoned me??? Cat - you said you'd check in every once in a while...Jyoyo - were you abducted by aliens???....Chop - are you hiding???...I know I'm forgetting a bunch...where are yall?? Am I gonna have to send out the WS forum police to find yall??
he he....I'm here, I'm here. So nice that you noticed I was gone!! FYI - I'll be gone again this weekend...going on a mini-vaca...woot!

I'll post more later....still at work. I'll have to sneak on the laptop before DH can start watching tv shows...lol

later taters!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

AAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK! Talk about a slow learner....this is the 3rd try to post. The other two times I began writing then scrolled up to look at something and completely lost what it was I had written.
Guess I'm not supposed to say those things about Jyo, PChop, Kelly and SCat. ha. Kinda remember SCat leaving the country for awhile.
Kristi - Did the journal thing of food for the day this a.m. and am going to have to change everything that happened after 10 am now...........sheesh!
Hubby offered to bbq this evening and I took him up on it, sometimes (heck, most of the time) cooking is a bother! So........
Think that is probably what appealed to me most about the WS - no slicing, dicing and very little meal prep. Didn't think we even had to count anything at first but know better now about that. The bonus was that I thought I was ordering Medifast and received WS instead and turns out from what everyone says it is cheaper and tastes way better. I really have learned favorites and for the most part have settled in with the products.
Kristi - know what you are talking about when it comes to someone in the family trying to 'do your program' for you. Had that happen at the outset w/hubby who started the diet with me. We 'had a discussion' about it - ha.
It is no longer happening :-)
Hope everyone has a great evening.........thanks for the holler Jyoyo and we'll put up smoke signals for those other mia's!
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #313  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Jyoyo - So glad you checked in - thought we were gonna have to send out the search and rescue team for ya... bummer that your monitor buggered up on ya...computers can either be the worlds most wonderful invention or the worst nightmare!!

Water - I've told my Mom, and tell her everytime she says something like that - "Mom, I'm ok...I can do this...I can eat whatever I think I need to eat - as long as I count those calories"...always the same response "ok, I just don't want you to undo what you've done so far - you're looking sooo good"...really - looking sooo good does not wiegh 249#'s!! :-) whatever!

I've brought all my returning stuff to work today w/ me so I can get it sent back to DD and get stuff that's more to my liking! I think I'm going with a bunch of the cereals - the cinnamon one is really good and have read good reviews on the other one too - I think I can do the cereal thing - for breakfast or even a snack and will be all too happy to do it! Got my almond milk too!

Yall have a good day - it's finally HUMP DAY!!! Woot Woot!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! Sorry I was MIA as well. Crazy time. Last week I had a VERY stressful time. I stayed on plan for the most part, but low and behold I have hit the dreaded plateau...arghhh no loss this week. I think it was the stress because the eating was good.
I hate it when someone says anything about what I am eating. I am keeping track of my cals, so no need to be the food police. My mother lives in HI so I don't have to deal with her. She is the worst. I also hate it when friends want to go to lunch and then say "Oh but Lisa can't eat". Yes I can, or if I choose to bring in a bar and drink Ice Tea don't feel bad for me. I am not complaining. Besides I just say to myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels haha! Well, here is too a BIG loss this week to make up for no movement of the scale this week.
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #315  

Height: 5'6

Ugh is all I have to say. Last week was the week from **** with work and since then I've eaten everything in sight. I went to the dr and his scale said I gained 8lbs. Now, I know a good amount of that is water weight and I know that dr scale always says more than the home one, but still. I got discouraged.

I think I'm getting back on track. Today I've been okay. I'm just really anxious and stressed. Not sure how to get rid of it all. -_- I'll get there. I think I'm coming out of the funk but it definitely has/had a good hold on me.

Anyway, I'll write more later. I just wanted to let you all know I didn't abandon you! =)
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote