Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Love the challenge idea too, but there may need to be some leeway for posting since some of us can't get on here everyday. Like poor Mutable with her gawd awful schedule these days. Other than that...I'm GAME!!

Water - your version of the arroz con pollo is WAY simpler than that recipe I found...plus, that stuff it totally fine to eat...right? I guess I haven't checked on the enchilada sauce, but I'm thinking it should be fine. Serve over brown rice...or with whole wheat tortillas...yum, yum!

Kristi - the podcast I'm talking about is one that some lady put together, it's not like an app or anything for your Ipod...I'm not that fancy schmanzy I gotta find that link though...ugh!! BRB.....okay...I can't believe I actually found it again!!!

Here's the link:

http://runningintoshape.com/5k-training-downloads/

I highly recommend these for getting off your booty. I even listen to the podcasts when i go walking at work on my lunch break...i just don't run/jog cause I don't wanna be all sweatified for my cube mates The music is pretty much hip hop, some rap, some rock...good mixture for me...hope you enjoy!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #497  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Water - THANKS for the yummy recipe - I agree with Yoyo - this one sounds WAY easy and just as delish!! I'll be havin to try that no doubt!!

As for your lil challenge...I'M IN!!! I do agree with YoYo on having to post daily may be too much for the girls who can't get in here daily - and I do agree too with Janell on making it a 30 day challenge, the longer we do it, the better the habit will stick! I think 30 mins every other day would be a great place to start - as some days don't allow "me" time (Wednesdays are the worst for me!!) Or maybe we could say - 4 days a week or 5 days a week just to give some lieniency (sp??)...BUT should post at least once a week what our moving stats are. So if someone can't post except on Sunday evenings - then she needs to tell us when she moved and what she did for the previous week!! (and it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and give a run down on the plan for the upcoming week too!)...

I'd like to get everyone's snail mail if possible - you can PM it to me, and your birthdate too - not the year, just month and date ...I am a crafter (as I'm sure yall know) and would love to be able to send yall little goodies in the mail from time to time - our friendship means SO much to me!!

Thanks Yoyo for the podcast link - now I've just gotta figure out how to get that to my IPOD I'm not fancy schmancy either - but I'm trying to learn...I did put a few of my CD's on my Pod last night - and downloaded some apps - it was pretty confusing and I was up till after midnight - YAWN...look like I've been on a 3 day drunk today - or at least that's how I feel!!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #498  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default The Journey of a Lifetime Begins with the First Step

And so it begins.... I was so excited to start this morning. Wait a minute! Excited to begin a diet??!! But I am and I hope that makes all the difference in the world.

I had the chocolate cereal. OMG, Yummo! Then I had a berry smoothie which was OK. I've already drank 20 oz. of water. I'm using my power shaker to keep track of the water. I put on my pedometer to keep track of my walking. I have tons of errands to run today and I'm trying to figure out how to do that while getting in my food.

I haven't gone through my entire box of food yet because DH and I went to the State Fair last night. The weather was great and we actually rode our bikes to it!! Everyone tends to use the State Fair as an excuse to pig out. I had a carmel sundae and that's it (that was my dinner!).

I'm in on the excercise challenge too. I need some accountability.
goddessmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #499  

Great start meg....now keep it up girl and you'll be a skinny mini in NO time! PS...a caramel sundae sounds delish for supper he he he
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #500  

I peeked at the scale again this morning...I know I shouldn't, but I've been being so stinkin' good...I just need justification that what I'm doing it working! Anyway...down another pound for a total of 3 since Monday! woot!! I guess if I actually eat right, it really does work...whoda thunk it!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

YAY! Glad to know you guys are up for the challenge! OK, so I did a look back to 1st of August and the ones that we haven't heard from about this are: Molly, Kelly, Destinova, Harvester, PaulaM, Maggie, Porkchop, CJT and Mirtika. A couple of these guys were kinda "iffy" sounding re: WS, but who knows? Sounds like our old friend PorkChop was stalling like I am....hope she has not given up for good! We miss you Chop! I understand that Kelly's schedule has gotten pretty hectic and others don't always post daily either, and believe that alot of our peeps that we miss hearing from will chime in on this
Anyway, this is what I have gleaned from your posts so far....the Challenge will
1) consist of 30 minutes of exercise at least every other day.
2) will last for 30 days
3) everyone joining in will be accountable by posting at least once a week
(on Sundays)???
4) what do we post? what we did on what day and for how long or just that we did something?
Alright, Kristi, Goddessmeg, Jyoyo and Janell
What else? When to start this shebang exactly.......next Monday or Sept. 1?
or next year sometime ha We'll give all those MIA's a chance to jump in
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #502  
Calorie Cutting Queen

My vote is to go with what you have - I'd like to see what everyone did for exersize - might be something I can try!! So I say lets begin on Sept 1st (maybe we'll have more to join - but they can chime in anytime even after we start - they'll just have to make up those days just kidding...just their month will start on a different day than ours, but they will STILL be accountable to us all!

Here's my idea:

Thurs, Sept 2nd - Curves (30 mins)
Fri, Sept 3rd - (walked 30 mins or 2 trips around the block)
Sun, Sept 5th - Walked
etc...you see what I'm thinking...
Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #503  
Calorie Cutting Queen

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...ml#post3455963
Hope I did that right - here's a link to our new home - we've hit over 500 posts!! YAY!! But I think we may get "in trouble" if we keep posting here...come on over and join us!!