Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #1  

Default Medifast or Wonderslim??? I can't decide...help

I am ready to lose some weight and I cannot decide between Medifast or Wonderslim. Are they the same programs with a cost difference? I see so many people have had success with Medifast and I'm wondering if you see the same type of results with Wonderslim.

Thanks everyone!

Wendy
wendykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

I did Medifast for 10 months and I did lose but Wonderslim tastes much better and you don't have to order as much to get free shipping. A lot of my Medifast friends switched over to Wonderslim because of the better taste.
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #3  
Operator265

I have only been on WS for a week and have lost 6 lbs. and my weigh in is not til Monday. So about the same as MF.

I second GOAL09. The taste is waaayyy better and I got a 12 week starter kit for $500. Best I could manage with MF after the intro promo was 4 weeks for about $250. If I continue after this is gone, I'll just get another starter kit and make a few swap outs.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/240/150

Height: 6'1

I have never heard of wonderslim.. is it just like MF, which shakes, soups, bars etc, and then a lean and green type of meal??
spiritmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #5  

So for the most part the weight loss is the same? Thanks for your responses.

Wendy
Old 01-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #6  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I had the same dilemma and ended up going with WonderSlim... most people told me it tasted better, plus it's quite a bit cheaper.
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #7  
Operator265

Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in. I'm on graves, so it won't be until afternoon. But today I was at 176 down from 183, so yep, pretty close. In fact, if I'm down anymore tomorrow, it will be slightly better than my first time. I don't remember ever doing more than 7 lbs a week before.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #8  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in. I'm on graves, so it won't be until afternoon. But today I was at 176 down from 183, so yep, pretty close. In fact, if I'm down anymore tomorrow, it will be slightly better than my first time. I don't remember ever doing more than 7 lbs a week before.
congrats!
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #9  

WOW....that's great. Congrats!!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #10  
Operator265

That's it. The contest is over as far as I'm concerned. I just tried the WS oatmeal. I LIKED IT!!!!

I've been dreading this one. I HATE the MF oatmeal so much, I can only get it down if I make muffins. The WS oatmeal seems like real oatmeal. I like real oatmeal anyways and was deeply disappointed in MF. This stuff is pretty good.

Edited to Add: Also, the C of Tom and C of Chick are waaayyy better too. I still have a bunch of C of T and Broc. left over.

Last edited by Operator265; 01-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

But ... see... you don't HAVE to eat the oatmeal. None of the Medifast meals are "must eats". You can pick & choose. I hated the oatmeal too, & I'm not into "recipes" and cooking & all that, so making "oatmeal cookies" or muffins just didn't even appeal to me. So I sent the oatmeals back & traded them for soups & bars.

You can do that, ya know. Trade in, I mean.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
So I sent the oatmeals back & traded them for soups & bars.

You can do that, ya know. Trade in, I mean.

Blasts!!! We can trade in what we don't want?

I had no idea....until now

Last edited by TheBeesKnees; 01-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.
TheBeesKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #13  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

this from a diet review:

Quote:
Editor's Conclusion: Consider Medifast First

On it's own, Wonderslim offers fast weight loss with a relatively simple diet plan. At less than $7 per day, it's also one of the most affordable meal replacement diets on the market.

However when you compare it to Medifast - a similar meal replacement diet, Wonderslim falls short. Medifast offers a greater variety of meals to choose from, more online support tools, a free week of food, physician-recommendations and specialized programs for diabetics.

The only real reason to choose Wonderslim over Medifast would perhaps be price (however, Medifast is less than $9 per day so the price difference really isn't that great).

Diet Direct does offer a fairly clear website and it's easy to order Wonderslim starter kits as well as diet supplements, patches and miscellaneous Wonderslim entrees.

Bottom Line: While Wonderslim does deliver fast weight loss, it seems more like a poor man's version of Medifast.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #14  
zay

The least expensive box of Medifast is $15.50. At 5 meals per day its $11.07 per day.
Wonderslim is $9.99 per box. This comes out to $7.14 per day

This does not include any discounts. You have to be a Beslim member of Medifast for a few months before you can get the 12% discount.
Free shipping after $200 net

Wonderslim however, has free shipping over $79. You receive a 10% discount at $99 and 15% discount at $399. This is with no monthy commitment. As far as taste, I haven't tried yet, but it has good reviews.
The variety seems to be about the same. Medifast offers interchangable bars..up to 5 per day which Wonderslim doesn't offer.

I've decided to give Wonderslim a try. I don't mind saving money at all and be considered doing the poor mans version
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #15  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

I think you can sign up to use the medifast community which has awesome tracking tools even if you don't order from them. I had signed up before I ordered anyway. You can put your WS/NLS foods in as private foods to track there.

I have not tried the daily plate so I can not compare. MF is free.
EDIT: And you don't have to post on the boards and you can ignore any pm's. just use the My Plan area.

Last edited by MsFB; 02-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote