Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #271  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicakes View Post
Hi guys, I have a question.. Does anyone feel thirsty after drinking the WS shakes? I always do, just wanted to see if I'm the only one.
I don't think I do, but I have my own problems of not ever being thirsty.

However, WonderSlim does contain Aspartame. Aspartame has been known to cause thirst although usually in high amounts. If this continues for an extended amount of time or becomes worrisome I would print out the nutritional information and consult a doctor.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Weighed this morning. Still stalled at 159.8. Some of my measurements did go down a bit, so I'm not totally discouraged. I think I may be building a bit of muscle right now.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester View Post
Weighed this morning. Still stalled at 159.8. Some of my measurements did go down a bit, so I'm not totally discouraged. I think I may be building a bit of muscle right now.
What a great attitude! I should take a lesson from that! Grats on the measurements going down. I need to do that as well. I measured about 2 months ago and never did again.

Build that muscle!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #274  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Kelly - I like your "why I wanna lose weight" thing...I wanna loose so I can live longer to torture my son HA!! I also want to be able to shop in regular stores and not have to hunt for the 2 plus size racks they have just to see that the clothes look like something an 80 year old grandma would wear...I want to be able to walk into a room and NOT feel like everyone is googly-eyeing me with pre-conceived thoughts of how I got this fat...I want to make my family proud and most of all make myself proud of my accomplishment...I'm gettin' there - slowly but surely!

I measured at Curves last week (I think I told yall, but not sure)..it'd been 51 days and I was down 21.25 inches overall...SWEET!!! Measuring DOES keep one motivated!

Hang in there girls...one day at a time...one meal at a time...we'll get there!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Kelly - I like your "why I wanna lose weight" thing...I wanna loose so I can live longer to torture my son HA!! I also want to be able to shop in regular stores and not have to hunt for the 2 plus size racks they have just to see that the clothes look like something an 80 year old grandma would wear...I want to be able to walk into a room and NOT feel like everyone is googly-eyeing me with pre-conceived thoughts of how I got this fat...I want to make my family proud and most of all make myself proud of my accomplishment...I'm gettin' there - slowly but surely!

I measured at Curves last week (I think I told yall, but not sure)..it'd been 51 days and I was down 21.25 inches overall...SWEET!!! Measuring DOES keep one motivated!

Hang in there girls...one day at a time...one meal at a time...we'll get there!!
Yea, it was a thing I picked up from The Beck book I am reading. I read a note card of those reasons twice a day and whenever I feel the urge to stray or give up. I put it in my siggy since I post here so often that I figured I would see it even more! ^_^
Old 07-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #276  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Kristikins - WOW!! 30 lbs and 21 inches is soooo fantastic!! Great job!! Thank you for all the kind words and words of advice!! Yes, this Friday makes 14 weeks preggo, so in Sept we get to do a gender ultrasound, yay! Oh, and I actually have 5 kids (gave birth to 3 of them) My husband and I have full custody of his two children from his first marriage. The kids are 6, 5, 3, and 19 months. They are a blast. OOOHH!! Senior year is a busy year, I bet he is having a blast! You should def. be a proud mama!!

Harvester - How wonderful!! I'm glad you are taking measurements, it seems to help on the days the scale doesn't want to move. I would measure myself, but for some reason I don't think it would work well with a growing, pregnant body. Keep up the wonderful work!

Well, I just started my WS journey this morning, I chose the choc pudding/shake because of all the great ppl telling me that is was good, and it was, even tho I just used water. I didn't taste all the grity minerals and chalkiness I have tasted with other meal replacement shakes (like slimfast). So I am very encouraged already!!

I am glad everyone is doing so great. Keep up the good work everyone and have a wonderful Monday!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #277  

Thanks Kristi and Paradox.

I finished my chocolate cream shake, now onto strawberry cream and vanilla...turns out I don't like either of them At work yesterday I mixed some instant coffee into the vanilla one, it made it much more bearable! (or maybe even good..) You ladies have any idea as to what to do with the strawberry cream one?

I also don't like the meal WS provided in my starter kit (cheese omelet) its fine if i just make my own right?
kiwicakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicakes View Post
Thanks Kristi and Paradox.

I finished my chocolate cream shake, now onto strawberry cream and vanilla...turns out I don't like either of them At work yesterday I mixed some instant coffee into the vanilla one, it made it much more bearable! (or maybe even good..) You ladies have any idea as to what to do with the strawberry cream one?

I also don't like the meal WS provided in my starter kit (cheese omelet) its fine if i just make my own right?
I hate the Vanilla one. The strawberry one I will only drink with milk and then I think it tastes like Strawberry nesquick which I am a big fan.

I haven't tried their eggs, but I am always making my own omelets for dinner/snack. Just account for the calories and other nutritional information and you should be fine.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #279  
Calorie Cutting Queen

I avoided every meal in the kit that didn't have 5 stars..cheesey I know, but I thought it was a pretty smart move!! So I substituted for the stuff that did have 5!! So I didn't get the Strawberry cream shakes - but did get the Strawberry yogurt ones - it reminds me of the strawberry nesquick!! (funny huh)...The vanilla I'm still not sure if I'm keeping - thought they were a great idea since I have all those SF syrups I can flavor them with - but even then and with coffee added its still all I can do to choke it down...I've got a feeling those will be going back! As for the eggs - again, I didn't get any, the thought of powdered eggs makes me wanna yak...I use the egg beaters (on the rare occassion that I'm in the mood for eggs!)...Our ladies group is meeting at The Crack (cracker barrell) before heading to Pigeon Forge on Thursday morning - LOVE the Crack!!! But I'm planning to have my hotcakes, scrambled egg beaters and light syrup and shake in tow - so I can eat my own "WS" food there to save my big calories for the Apple Barn - YUM - that evening...hey it'll save me some moolah too...is that weird??? To take my own food to a restaurant???
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #280  

I could not be happier right now. I got my order yesterday. I am finally back on plan today and can't wait for the whoosh of water weight to go away bc oh my I am swollen. haha.

Anyway, I decided to try the WonderSlim Snack Bites in BBQ since I miss my BBQ chips. I thought I was going to be disappointed but I dare say they rival the chips! Love it. I am happy. They help my craving with out causing a trigger to eat more.

Anyway, Happy Tuesday!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #281  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Kelly - I've had those - they are good...so are the sc/o ones...I'm not lovin the chips ones though - the flavor is good, but its like you keep chewing and chewing and it's almost like chewing cardboard..the choco cinna crunchies are pretty good too...Today's lunch is the Zesty chili w/ beans...with a dollop of FF SC and a few special K crackers for crunch...should be tasty - gotta hit Walmart before I can eat though - UGH...WALMART....
Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm going on vacation next week and need to take my WS food on the plane. I will be checking at least 1 bag. Do you think it'll be a problem in my checked bag? I'd hate for them to search my luggage and make me throw it out. I'm going to be gone for a week so I need several boxes of shakes.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester View Post
I'm going on vacation next week and need to take my WS food on the plane. I will be checking at least 1 bag. Do you think it'll be a problem in my checked bag? I'd hate for them to search my luggage and make me throw it out. I'm going to be gone for a week so I need several boxes of shakes.
From what I know it shouldn't be a problem since they are all sealed packages. However, we all know airports can be weird. Check the website for information regarding carry-on policy and print it out to take with you or call and confirm that it would be okay.

----

Today has been a good day for me so far. I've stayed on plan. I noticed the diet direct site is getting a bit more organized with Wonderslim. Or I just missed the fact that they had PDFs of the guide/food list/diary pages. I printed out two diary pages and on the back printed the plan out so I will remember how much I am supposed to have and when. I need to eat more through out the day. I am still have trouble with eating too much of everything after work. Although this week is hard anyway since I don't get a lunch break. Anyway! I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #284  

Daily Stats:

Calories: 1,091 Carbs: 111 (122) Fat: 35 Protein: 83

Back on track I think. Getting there at least. ^_^
Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi All - and welcome Kiwi. I agree with K. when it comes to preferring the Strawberry Yogurt over the Strawberry shake. I always add about 1/4 to 1/2 C. strawberries to it and always add 4 cubes ice before blending. The vanilla can have 1/2 to 1 teas. SF jello (orange, or...) and is good that way; can also add 4 cubes of pineapple, scant teas. of coconut and some walnuts to imitate a Hawiian Blizzard (sp?). I always just use real eggs do not like the WS ones. Also do not care for the Chicken dishes.
Kristi - BIG Congrats on your loss.......inches and lbs and under the 50 mark too!!!
Kelly = contrats to you too for your new self-control and getting the Beck book. Have been lurking around that site for a long time and really like alot of their ideas.
Harvester - I also worried when flying a couple of months ago and were worried they would think my shakes were explosives or something! They passed through just fine. It takes much less room in the suitcase to take the stuff out of boxes and put in a plastic bag.
Well, my weigh in ended up being today instead of yesterday, because I was out of town from Fri til Mon. pm. Stuck pretty close to program with shakes, bars and water, but ate out Chinese once and once at a buffet. However, left 1/2 of food on my plate at Chinese and also on the buffet selection plate. (one of the Beck tricks) So was down 2 lbs from last week Mon........not thrilling, but will take it. My friends down south did notice the changes in me and only see them every few months, so will be fun to surprise them each time. Agree that measuring and also taking pictures is a great way to go at least once a month.
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote