Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks - it is awesome!!!!! You guy's support is also awesome.
Jyoyo - here is a dinner I like from the Dr.Oz diet book. Mediterranean Chicken: calls for 2 bone in thighs without skin (I use skinless breasts); 1 tomato chopped; 1/2 onion chopped; 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved; 1 Tbs. olive oil; 1 teas. wine or balsamic vinegar.
Bean ingredients: 1 tlb. olive oil; 2 garlic cloves, minced; 1 can (16 oz) white beans, rinsed & drained; 1 tomato chopped; 1 teas. wine or balsamic vinegar; salt & pepper.
To make chicken, heat oven to 375. Put chicken in baking dish and combine ingredients and spoon over chicken. Cover & bake 30 min.
Meanwhile, prepare the beans. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, onion and cook 2 minutes; add remaining ingredients and cook 5 minutes or til heated through. Serve beans alongside chicken.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Kelly, have done the wheat tortillas with about a teas. of pizza sauce spread over it and turkey sausage and mozerella. Really helps relieve that craving for pizza that I get sometimes from seeing too many of those commercials! ha.
Good luck and smart move to quit smoking while eating better.......you will feel so much better down the road and it is a huge accomplishment!
Jeanelld - YUM thanks for the easy stir fry recipe........can't wait to try it!
Waterwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Congrats to you Waterwoman!
Recipe sounds yummy.
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Waterwoman!!
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #49  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

WOW lots of chatting going on in here this afternoon...

Waterwoman - CONGRATS on onederland!! I can't wait till I join you!

Jyoyo - CONGRATS on not smoking - I know that's a hard habit to break!

Kelly - YAY for not smoking for you too! And for staying OP....your tortillas sound yummy!

Heading to bed soon! Nighty night!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #50  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Oh...and glad I could throw out some scripture (even if I did distort is a bit) to you guys for some encouragement!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop69 View Post
OH it is Waterwoman that reached Onederland.
Doh! Wrong person...but you'll be there soon Chop!!! lol Sorry about that

Weigh to go Waterwoman!! Woot Woot!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

OK, I made it through the whole day on the LizR plan! Woot!
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #53  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Sawheet!!! Tuesday's here girls...no more Monday...at least not for a few more days!

So we are leaving for our trip EARLY Sat. morning and my 17 year old darling son tells me yesterday that he wants Super Mario and a Gameboy Advance/Nintendo DS for the trip...um....yeah...nothing like waiting till the last minute!! I'm gonna check pawn shops today to see if I can snag him one...dontcha just love teens!! He had a Gameboy Advance years ago and sold it in a yard sale - had 10 games too...ugh...fickle I tell ya!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #54  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Sawheet!!! Tuesday's here girls...no more Monday...at least not for a few more days!

So we are leaving for our trip EARLY Sat. morning and my 17 year old darling son tells me yesterday that he wants Super Mario and a Gameboy Advance/Nintendo DS for the trip...um....yeah...nothing like waiting till the last minute!! I'm gonna check pawn shops today to see if I can snag him one...dontcha just love teens!! He had a Gameboy Advance years ago and sold it in a yard sale - had 10 games too...ugh...fickle I tell ya!!
Yay for it not being Monday! And good luck with getting the gaming thing! ^_^

Last edited by MutableParadox; 06-29-2010 at 09:30 AM.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

He he....one thing I've learned with my video game loving son....I never let him sell any of it!! He is constantly going back and forth between systems, games, etc. Though I did let him get rid of the Teletubbies games and bob the builder....lol....he's a bit old for those ones...lol

I did SO good at dinner yesterday! I did have one piece of garlic toast....but for dinner I had roasted chicken and a greek salad....but I didn't eat hardly any of the goat cheese on the salad. Go ME!!! That is such a huge accomplishment! I usually just say oh forget it...I'll diet tomorrow...nope...not last night, I held strong. AND...I was still under cals and fat....and just barely over on carbs. Plus...I did the shred yesterday....ouch...forgot how tough it is. Not sure when I'll be able to move to level 2. But I'm not going to until I'm totally comfortable at level 1 with no modifications
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #56  

Happy Tues. everyone! Good job with dinner Jyoyo! I have not had "real bread" yet. Bread, pasta and rice are my krytonite so I dare not even try. I have had the carbwise tortillas and it felt like cheating.
Today is weigh in number two but will not be able to do it until late afternoon because I will be waiting to have our new stove delivered. I am sure it will not throw the number off much.
SHHHH- I am hoping for a 3 lb loss. I will let you know either way.
I didn't post my numbers lastnight (prob. because I was delirios on the LizR plan haha, really it was not that bad I may do it today too)
950=cals 16.5=fat 74.0=carbs 130.0=protein
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Wow, congrats Waterwoman!

I will have to try the cinnamon and graham crispy bars next. I love all the new ideas, it makes me feel like I really can do this long term.
Also, I added some sf raspberry davinci to my chocolate cream shake with a tsp of coffee... it was like starbucks! So tasty! um, hello syrups! Where have you been!

My favorite lean and greens are stir fries! 3 to 4oz of shrimp or chicken thighs (already bite sized most of the time!), a cup of veggies and usually a tbsp of marinade or dressing of choice. Right now I am all about this mango curry marinade my dad bought me.
I also use the low carb tortillas and make a bbq chicken pizza with red onion, tomato, basil and spinach with low fat mozz. YUM.
Sometimes I just really like eggs for dinner! I will make a little veggie scramble with soy crumbles and 2 eggs over medium on top.
Also, lots of fish! I make "packets" out of tin foil, tilapia, asparagus, tomatoes, onion and a half a lemon squeezed over with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake and viola, with a side salad. Also really good on the grill!
I get tired of the same old grilled chicken breast and veggie side, so I just try to put them together in different ways.
I also make tuna or salmon patties with egg whites, spices and parmesan to bind instead of bread crumbs, or just a tsp of bread crumbs if I really want it.
Oh and Black Beans! I could pretty much make a meal out of black beans. But usually I will have it with some fish and make a homemade salsa with some citrus fruit in it and make the tilapia with a spicy blackening spice mix. the flavors go really well together.
And pork. Can't forget about pork! You get about an ounce less than the chicken or fish according to the WS guide, but it's so filling anyway.
I will save my "fruit" for this and pan saute with about a 1/4 cup salsa and some wilted spinach. Goes great with some blanched green beans or cauliflower mashed "potatoes".

Hope I helped!
LisaElevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #58  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Yep...that's a growl I hear in my tummy - thanks Lisa for the mouth watering ideas!!

Jyoyo - I've learned my lesson for sure! We won't ever get rid of ANY game junk we have!! My friends daughter has a DS and a DS Lite - she cracked the DS (so it doesn't stay open on its own) and since she has the lite, she doesn't use the DS anymore. She is gonna let us borrow it (which freaks me out to borrow something, so I've asked to buy it from her! I know I'll have to buy games for him so might as well buy the darn thing - then I can get ME games too and it can be OURS!!)...

Had to go to doc today. My heart has been doing flip flops in my chest the last few weeks and since we are going on vaca this weekend I don't wanna get up there and have a heart attack..so they did an EKG and bloodwork and now I'm wired up to this monitor thing I have to tote with me till tomorrow. He thinks I'm fine, but just as precautions. And this monitor has a button I push whenever I feel the flip flop - so far it's done it a couple times (i'm glad cause they can see what the heck it is!!)...Oh..and MY AWESOME doc gave me BC pills to keep my TOM from coming while I'm gone...I've not been on pills for 10 years so I hope I don't forget to take'em and screw up everything!! But how cool is that! changing of the cycle...love it!

Gotta head to lunch now - it's pedi time (getting red, white and blue toes today!)
Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #59  

Haha! I just reread my post---can you say misspelled? It was early and I think the LizR plan is playing tricks on the ol' brain. Has anyone else done the LizR plan? If so for how many days?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #60  

Height: 5'6

Just got my SF syrups in. I am drinking a Chocolate Peanutbutter shake now. It's yummy. I think I put a little too much in this time though, haha!
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote