Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #256  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Harvester - sounds like a plateau to me...since you are working out regularly - you can either up the intensity in your workouts or adjust your calories...maybe lower it by 100 or even increase it for a few days and see if that helps...sometimes not eating enough will slow the ole motaboism...I really thing Flo or Tom screws with the scales for everyone, so don't worry about it; just keep on doing what you're doing, adjust a little and see what that does...
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #257  

Height: 5'6

Well, I've eaten in my calorie limit each day but my carbs have been a bit more. Most healthy choices though. It's what I get for not checking to see how much I have left. I ordered two more weeks worth. It will be here Monday. I also didn't exercise at all except Monday. After that my back hurt too much. I am still pain free though which is nice. I'll hopefully get to walking a bit tomorrow. I don't think the scale will be kind this week either.

One week at a time though. Took me 20+ years to put on this weight. It's gonna take a bit to reverse it. ^_^
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #258  

Height: 5'5"

I think I made a mistake. I was buying the shake/puddings, and this time I just bought the shakes. What a difference, does anybody else notice that? They are so much thinner and don't taste as good to me. At first I thought it was getting back on them after eating on vacation, but that's not it.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #259  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
I think I made a mistake. I was buying the shake/puddings, and this time I just bought the shakes. What a difference, does anybody else notice that? They are so much thinner and don't taste as good to me. At first I thought it was getting back on them after eating on vacation, but that's not it.
Yea. I do not like the straight shakes as I thought I would. I like them thinner but the taste wasn't there for me. You can always exchange them pretty easily if you only had one out of a box.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 234/227/160

Height: 5'9

So i am on day 7.. So far i've lost approx 7 lbs (give or take a fraction of a pound haha). I have been following it pretty well. There was a day where i made some turkey burgers for dinner and had 2 starches instead of 1 but they were those sandwich thins so i really didn't feel bad over it and still lost weight. Also there were some times when i really needed something crunchy/salty and i had some of those pirates booty snacks in my cupboard so i had some of those. But i've been making sure i stay within my calorie limit, so i think that is ok. Also i wasn't really liking the shakes in water, so i bought a low cal soymilk and did half soy half water and then for lunch when i actually blend a shake i bought some of that diet juice (5cals) and use that as my base with the berry flavored smoothies.
The hardest part for me has been cutting out the booze, but i'm taking it as a personal challenge to myself to cut it out completely for the 4 weeks im on this so we shall see how that goes. I'm loving being able to cook dinner at night and have been learning a lot about portion sizes and how to cook when im off this. I think i've convinced my roommate to do this diet too and may do it for an additional month once my first month is done.

Soo... Yay! First week is a success!
Nmont320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome NM great job on your first week. I too have a prob. on the weekend not getting to have a cocktail with friends. I have been doing Crystal light with vodka every so often. I count them in my calories and premessure so I am not tempted. Sometimes I save my cals for a few nuts to go along with it and some celery sticks. I makes me feel like I can join in with everyone and not feel deprived. So far it has worked. My husband was playing in a huge bar this last weekend and I did a vodka with soda water and a squeeze of lemon so I was able to join in there too without going off plan.
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 234/227/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks so much for the advice!! I'm trying to be as good as possible for the first month. My prob is I LOVE wine and I'm not talkin those 8oz little mini glasses either, LOL. So I'm just going to have to track everything I eat very closely when I decide to add the alcohol back.

Also- what's the deal with exercise and this program? I fig since I'm eating much lower cal then I'm used to to lay off it for atleast a week but hopefully you guys can give me a better answer. I'm used to doing cardio and lifting weights and I usually eat at the minimum 1500cals on days I'm going to do a hard workout.. So any tips/advice would be appreciated!!
Nmont320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #263  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Welcome Nm!! I have no real advise for working out...I generally go to curves 3 X's a week and try..notice I said try...to ride my stationery bike a few times a week too...speaking of...I need to get in there on that thing - since my sons new girlfriend gave me a Gigi cupcake yesterday - I only had 1 bite of it and that darn thing is still in the fridge, so I had 1/4 of it...UGH....so of course since I had that it was ok to have a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles w/ Almond milk...SOMEBODY stop me please!!! I've done really well this week and don't want to blow it now...seems like Sunday afternoons are my hardest time to be good though - probably cause I'm home alone (yep a closet eater!)...well...off to the bike - at least I may be able to burn off some of those useless calories I just ate!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #264  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everybody!

It's here!! It's here!!! My first order of wonderslim has come in. I've opened it, organized it, read everything and I'm sooooo ready to start in the morning. I'm new to Wonderslim, in fact, I had never heard of it until my obgyn suggested it to me last week. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd baby (13 weeks) and I gained 98lbs over my past two pregnancies (both boys who are now 3 years old and 18 months old) and my doctor didn't want me to gain anymore weight due to high blood pressure and gestational diabetes. I'm 25, and I'd never been obese until after my pregnancies (a double edged sword since my boys are the light of my world) and I cry almost everyday because I am so close to 300 lbs. My doctor has tweaked the Wonderslim program a little, so I'm getting more cals *mostly from fruits and veggies* so I eat enough calories to keep baby growing and healthy. I am also checking in with him once a week (which you usually don't do until late into the pregnancy) so he is watching me closely and I feel safe and cared for.

I was hopeing I could join this group? You all seem like such wonderful people and are all doing great. I'm not new to 3fc, but I am new to this thread. How has wonderslim worked for you all so far? Any tips or stories? I would love to hear them all. I am a little afraid to try the cocomint shake, just because mint flavor seems to be something my pregnant tummy doesn't like to tolerate. Do you all use water or milk for your shakes? My doctor has recomended I use milk for them because it will give me healthy calories. How has your weight loss been? I cannot wait to get to know everyone better. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlorie View Post
Hi everybody!

It's here!! It's here!!! My first order of wonderslim has come in. I've opened it, organized it, read everything and I'm sooooo ready to start in the morning. I'm new to Wonderslim, in fact, I had never heard of it until my obgyn suggested it to me last week. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd baby (13 weeks) and I gained 98lbs over my past two pregnancies (both boys who are now 3 years old and 18 months old) and my doctor didn't want me to gain anymore weight due to high blood pressure and gestational diabetes. I'm 25, and I'd never been obese until after my pregnancies (a double edged sword since my boys are the light of my world) and I cry almost everyday because I am so close to 300 lbs. My doctor has tweaked the Wonderslim program a little, so I'm getting more cals *mostly from fruits and veggies* so I eat enough calories to keep baby growing and healthy. I am also checking in with him once a week (which you usually don't do until late into the pregnancy) so he is watching me closely and I feel safe and cared for.

I was hopeing I could join this group? You all seem like such wonderful people and are all doing great. I'm not new to 3fc, but I am new to this thread. How has wonderslim worked for you all so far? Any tips or stories? I would love to hear them all. I am a little afraid to try the cocomint shake, just because mint flavor seems to be something my pregnant tummy doesn't like to tolerate. Do you all use water or milk for your shakes? My doctor has recomended I use milk for them because it will give me healthy calories. How has your weight loss been? I cannot wait to get to know everyone better. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!!!
Yay! I was hoping to see you posting over here! Glad to hear everything is being closely monitored by your doctor.

The cocomint is my second favorite (chocolate being my first). It does not have a strong mint flavor at all to me in fact I would say it's barely noticeable. I hope it works for you. If you can't stomach it you can always exchange it. I have been using water for most of my shakes. I enjoy them a lot more with milk. I am going to be trying half milk and half water this week and if not I will most likely do at least 3 a day with milk. It's whatever works for you. My weight loss is a steady 3lbs a week when I am on plan. The past two weeks I've slipped up quite a bit. Last week I ran out early and the week before was the binge week.

I am slowly getting back on track. I started reading The Beck Diet Solution which is a self help/cognitive therapy book that goes a long with any diet. So far I am loving that and participating in the Beck forums here. I will be getting my new shipment tomorrow. I am hoping for a nice week although it will be stressful bc it's going to be a 50 hour work week.

Have a good night!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #266  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutableParadox View Post
I prefer 1% but actually like Skim Milk. I did Soy Milk for a while, but I don't really like the nutty taste it has. Again, with the finicky.

Alright everyone, I have found my motivation. To everyone out there not seeing any results just because the scale isn't moving. I am here to remind you that it's not all about the scale or inches even. It's about health. I am only 25. At the age of 18 I was diagnosed with diabetes. They said I had it for years with out knowing. My blood test results showed abnormally hi risk for a heart attack or stroke. I got my test results in today. I read the numbers and I cried. I'm not an emotional person, but I have been fighting so long and so hard wondering how long I had left to live because every doctor kept saying they were surprised I was still walking. Anyone that is dealing with blood work will know truly how drastic these changes are.

At my highest I was 280lbs. I am now in the lower 250s.

Cholesterol: 152 down from 350. This is the first time in 10 years it's been considered normal. Now mind you the HDL and LDL balance is a bit horrible, but I am working on it.

Triglycerides: 386 down from 2000. Yes you read that right. I will scan the lab work in if you don't believe me. That is abnormally high. 386 in itself is nothing at all to brag about and is still very high...but my goodness...what a drop.

A1C: 6.6 down from 9.6 any diabetic knows how big of a drop that is. I am really close to not being in the diabetic range anymore.

Fasting Sugar/Glucose: 91 !!! Down from 218. 91 is a NORMAL number.

Thanks to everyone for ever listening to me complain and being there for me when I needed it. I truly appreciate it. For once I feel like I am going in the right direction.

Sorry this was so long...but yea! I'm doing it!
A late BRAVO! You are doing amazing with your #"s. Keep it up!
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #267  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Kristikins Congrats! I know getting below 250 feels good!

MutableParadox- So glad to hear the back is better. Hope your relief is permanent!

harvester- It sounds like you are just at a plateau. Just keep up what you are doing and I think you will see a loss soon. You have done an awesome job!

PaulaM -I make my shakes with ice with a Proctor Silex 59735 Immersion Hand Blender, I got on Amazon for only $12.88 It makes them so much better and seems to make them thicker without having to wait. I know a lot of people are using the magic bullet but I didn't want to get a whole set of things I won't use most of.

Nmont320 -Congrats on your 7lb loss. Way to go. I am doing this with my husband and it is so much easier and we are both losing and supporting each other a lot more.

glenlorie- Welcome to the thread. I am glad your doctor is watching you so closely.

Week 6 is done and I am down 2.8 lbs. I am glad because my clothes are fitting better or no longer fitting (yippee) and though I can see the loss, I finally have had quite a few people notice the loss. It is funny how others seem to validate what you already know makes you feel like you are finally getting somewhere. While I am doing this for me and my health, it does lift the spirit that others notice. I wondered how long it would take as I could see it 10 lbs ago. 20lbs seems to be the magic number.

Next goal is small but important. 6 more pounds and I will have lost 10% of my body weight. Baby steps and small goals work best for me.

One problem (?)I am having is I think I getting too much sugar with the Medifast. My numbers seemed good to me but it seems like it is too much sugar and sodium. I am still borderline diabetic and have high blood pressure. Both are under control but I can't seem to get my sugar below 115-125 in the morning before eating and that may be because of all the shakes, bars and pudding.
Suggestions welcome.
Today's numbers are
Cals
Fat
30 g
Cholesterol
153 mg
Sodium
1594 mg
Carbs
95 g
Sugars
46 g
Fiber
30 g
Protein
104 g
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #268  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

MutableParadox - Thanks sooo much for inviting me the thread! It's nice to have a familiar face here!! I have learned sooo much already!! I'm glad your back is feeling better!! Goodness, 50 hours! I hope you have time to rest!! Sounds like you are still doing fantastic!!! I'm proud of you!

Queenofoz - Thank you for the welcome! I'm looking forward to knowing everyone here better! I'm glad you're starting to really notice your weightloss! 10% wow!! That is a good accomplishment, I know you will get there soon! Keep up the good work!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #269  

Hi guys, I have a question.. Does anyone feel thirsty after drinking the WS shakes? I always do, just wanted to see if I'm the only one.
kiwicakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #270  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Happy Monday everyone...(if that's really possible! HA!)

glenlorie - Welcome to our group! We do have a great group here and we are always willing to lend advise or just to listen! I'm really glad that your doc is monitoring you - and to know that he's got you on WS while prego really speaks volumes of its nutritional value!! Looking forward to getting to know you better - and congrats on your lil bun in the oven...3 kids...WOW...I only have 1 and he's 17!! A HS senior - UGH...but he is quite adorable, if I do say so myself! We had his senior pics yesterday - soooo handsome!! Yep, I'm a proud Moma! I've only been on WS for a week tomorrow, but was doing another shake/bar diet under my doc's care - and for 12 weeks I've dropped 30 pounds!! YAY!!! I'm looking to drop at least another 30 for the 12 weeks of WS I have - I need to loose about 84 more pounds to be somewhat closer to a decent weight - then I'll re-evaluate where I am and see what I need to do! As for the shakes - I mix w/ Water...tried using Almond Milk - made the shake way thick and ended up adding a bit of water so it was drinkable; it really tasted good though with that Almond milk! My fav is Choc, then Mocha, then the mint, and I agree with Kelly - I can't hardly tell there's mint in it - but with you being prego - smells and tastes are intinsified so you may feel differently about that...I got vanilla too, but it's my least favorite. Told hubby last night I was gonna try it more this week to see if I can add stuff to make it better, if not - I'll send'em back for Choc!! Anyway - Welcome again, to our group - I think you're gonna love it here!!

Kelly- I'll have to check out that book...sounds interesting!

Queen - I use the Hamilton Beach one serving blender at work and have the Magic Bullet at home (the bullet is handy cause you can mix and drink from the same cup AND it came with 4 cups!)...never thought about a hand drink blender...hhmmmm...may give me another option for work/travel

Kiwi - the shakes make me thirsty too - not like dehydrated thirsty, but ready to get some water down thirsty!! And I heard more folks with the same issue about the shakes that I was getting from my doc...so I guess it's a normal thing! And hey, whatever helps get all that water in huh!!

Sorry for the LONG post...hope yall have a fantastic day!