Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #211  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
Have you tried using part water and part milk? At least then you wouldn't be having 3-5 cups of milk a day. Or maybe using Fat Free half & half?? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there ) I've heard wonderful things about Almond milk...another thing I've never tried, but always mean to...lol Now I'm gonna have to start trying some different things )
Thanks for the suggestions! Yea, I will have to keep on trying. I mean worse comes to worse I stick with just buying the chocolate shakes. Those I don't mind at all. Followed by the Cocomint.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #212  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hey 1/2 skim 1/2 water might work (isn't skim mostly water anyway??) On our trip whoever was in charge of picking out milk bought 2%..OMG that stuff was like cream...talk about YUMMY on cereal (and raisin bran no less)...it was great...dang it...now I want us to get 2% again for home....no no no...I'm gonna stick to my Almond milk...will try it tonight and report my opinion!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #213  

I prefer 1% but actually like Skim Milk. I did Soy Milk for a while, but I don't really like the nutty taste it has. Again, with the finicky.

Alright everyone, I have found my motivation. To everyone out there not seeing any results just because the scale isn't moving. I am here to remind you that it's not all about the scale or inches even. It's about health. I am only 25. At the age of 18 I was diagnosed with diabetes. They said I had it for years with out knowing. My blood test results showed abnormally hi risk for a heart attack or stroke. I got my test results in today. I read the numbers and I cried. I'm not an emotional person, but I have been fighting so long and so hard wondering how long I had left to live because every doctor kept saying they were surprised I was still walking. Anyone that is dealing with blood work will know truly how drastic these changes are.

At my highest I was 280lbs. I am now in the lower 250s.

Cholesterol: 152 down from 350. This is the first time in 10 years it's been considered normal. Now mind you the HDL and LDL balance is a bit horrible, but I am working on it.

Triglycerides: 386 down from 2000. Yes you read that right. I will scan the lab work in if you don't believe me. That is abnormally high. 386 in itself is nothing at all to brag about and is still very high...but my goodness...what a drop.

A1C: 6.6 down from 9.6 any diabetic knows how big of a drop that is. I am really close to not being in the diabetic range anymore.

Fasting Sugar/Glucose: 91 !!! Down from 218. 91 is a NORMAL number.

Thanks to everyone for ever listening to me complain and being there for me when I needed it. I truly appreciate it. For once I feel like I am going in the right direction.

Sorry this was so long...but yea! I'm doing it!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #214  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Sorry didnt get a chance to back read but i LOVE unsweetened vanilla almond milk! I use it in place of milk when I want it. It does have some almond taste but I think the vanilla subdues it- def. tastes better mixed with something than alone. The unsweetened chocolate is gross though.
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my word Mutable!! You go girl!!! You're doing an amazing job!!! Fooey on the stupid scale and measuring tape...when you are getting results like that, it's cause for celebration...now go get a pedi!! Way to GO!!!!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #216  

ps....seems like I remember someone mentioning they add a little bit of fat free cream cheese to their shakes to make them thicker and creamier. I can't for the life of me remember who said it....and I don't even know how many calories are in FF CC....but maybe that's worth a shot too...
Old 07-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Weighed in this morning and had a gain of .4 lbs (weight 159.8) if you can call that a gain. I'm happy with that because I know I wasn't sticking to the plan although I was trying to make good choices. I know what I need to do when I'm ready to maintain.
160 seems to be my glass ceiling when it comes to weight loss. I'm going to have to make some changes in my workouts and get back on plan to make more progress. It doesn't help that TOM is due at the end of this week either.
As for making shakes creamier, I sometimes add some fat free Reddi Whip and blend them with ice in the blender.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester View Post
Weighed in this morning and had a gain of .4 lbs (weight 159.8) if you can call that a gain. I'm happy with that because I know I wasn't sticking to the plan although I was trying to make good choices. I know what I need to do when I'm ready to maintain.
160 seems to be my glass ceiling when it comes to weight loss. I'm going to have to make some changes in my workouts and get back on plan to make more progress. It doesn't help that TOM is due at the end of this week either.
As for making shakes creamier, I sometimes add some fat free Reddi Whip and blend them with ice in the blender.
Y'know I could see the fat free reddi whip working, haha! I'll have to try that out. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm going to try em all! =D

Daily Stats:

Calories: 1,072 Carbs: 57 (78) Fat: 38 Protein: 121

Days Binge Free: 1

Exercise: 20 minutes Elliptical - I pushed too hard and wore out quick =X

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-12-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone I have not left you. Congrats to everyone! I have done pretty well. I did have a burger and fries but I have done really well the last couple of days so hopfully it will work out. I am finally over PMS Gosh that was so hard I was soooo hungry all the time and for BAD things. I have been really busy so I don't have my numbers to post but have not been doing any fruit and sticking with veggies and meat for dinner.
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #220  

ooh....redi whip sounds good!! Or the cool whip free, that stuff is numaroo too :P I use it on top of my SF jell-o...or on top of the Wonderslim chocolate cake too
Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #221  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Kelly - I'm sending you cyber {hugs}!!!! Those stats are AWESOME!!! No wonder your doc was worried about you...girl you were a walking time bomb!!! Amazing!!! I agree with Yoyo - who needs scales and tapes when you see bare bones results like that!! WOO HOOO!!!!

Cat - where you been girl?? I tried the Vanilla almond milk tonight - uh...YUM!!! It was good...mine doesn't say it's unsweetened, but it has cane juice in it so I'm guessing it's sweetened - sure was tasty!!

Harvester - Congrats on breaking the 160 barrier - even with your tiny gain - that I wouldn't even consider - I mean, maybe you just needed to poop or something...I think I can sneeze out .4 of a pound!!

Hey Chop - been missing you too! Fruit for me is hard - when I like it - I LOVE IT, but other times I have no taste for it and have to force myself to eat it! For years I wouldn't eat ANY fruit, so I think now any fruit I eat is better than none!

It's early here...but I'm SO sleepy...nighty night!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Here are my numbers for today...
1,159= cals 46.4= fat 70.2= carbs 113.9= protein
Porkchop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #223  

Calorie - 1303
Fat - 45g
Carb - 68g
Sugar - 15g
Fiber - 13g
Protein - 158g

First time posting my numbers. Need to lower the calories and up the fiber. Other than that, not too shabby I suppose. I was finally able to stay under on my carbs....sheesh! What a feat that was! I keep forgetting to add a scoop of benefiber to my morning shake, think that will help with upping the fiber.

Time to relax now...gonna go veg on the couch for a while. I threw my back out last week and I'm going to try accupuncture...have an appt tomorrow...wish me luck!! lol
Old 07-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
Calorie - 1303
Fat - 45g
Carb - 68g
Sugar - 15g
Fiber - 13g
Protein - 158g

First time posting my numbers. Need to lower the calories and up the fiber. Other than that, not too shabby I suppose. I was finally able to stay under on my carbs....sheesh! What a feat that was! I keep forgetting to add a scoop of benefiber to my morning shake, think that will help with upping the fiber.

Time to relax now...gonna go veg on the couch for a while. I threw my back out last week and I'm going to try accupuncture...have an appt tomorrow...wish me luck!! lol
I've always heard wonderful things about acupuncture. I just couldn't imagine getting it done. I'm sure it will be fine and will work wonders! ^_^
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 193/157.4/145

hi I know I have been off for a couple of days
But i am here and I will be on plan until my vacation which is scheduled in about 16 days
I hope i will not have anymore mishaps and to try to avoid them i will be posting my totals for the day
7/12
calorie 1110
carbs 89
fat 27
protein 131

I worked out for 77 minutes

I am trying to do a version of the 9 shakes and bar

the other thing is i am a compulsive weigher i am addicted to the scale as if it where the only thing that can determine my success so i plan on weighing once a week i twill bee thursday i will keep u ladies updated
dranaeli is offline   Reply With Quote