Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Denise - thanks so much, I do need to take the doubt out of my committment, I am just very nervous about the mexican restaurant. I need to face it head on, It's not like I can hide from mexican food the rest of my life.
Listen, girl...you can do Mexican Food! One of my two eat-out haunts is a tortilla factory. I know...amazing, huh? I know what I am going to order when I get there--a grilled fajita chicken salad, no guacamole, no sour cream, extra chicken. I top with salsa, which I know is a no-no, but the combination of flavors makes me FEEL like I want to sing! YUM-OH! The only problem I've had is that it does have more sodium than something I'd prepare myself, so I do have a little water retention, but frankly I feel better when I'm getting just a little more sodium than my center would like and I'm still losing weight each week. But, the bottom line is that YOU can do this, too. Prior to my MRC lifestyle, I always ordered the chicken fajitas and ate every single tortilla they gave me (and sometimes ate them dipped in queso). I am perfectly content with my salad, though, and don't even crave the other now. The only thing I would really caution you about is that I've ordered salads at a couple of other mexican restaurants and been surprised when they've arrived in a taco salad shell smothered with refried beans. If you go the taco salad route, make sure they don't sabatoge you with any unwanted add-ons.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #287  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Texdoc- I am soo glad your back WELCOME!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #288  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Grad, How about a fajita without the guac and sour cream, no tortilla, etc, that sounds OP or at least close - right? It's still lite and satisfying, has the meat and veggies if I skip the rest of the stuff I'll be OP. My councelor had suggested I order first and excuse myself to the bathroom, haha excuse me everyone I'M FIRST, maybe a solution is to have my DH order for me (while I'm at the bathroom) that way I will not be tempted by what everyone else is ordering. I think I'm most nervous about caving when it comes time to order, sound silly that I would be so worried about it but honestly I really don't want to stray. It is a party of about 15-20 people and I know of only one other that is aware of what they are ordering, however I know she will likely have a pitcher of marguarita's in front of her . I think I'm nervous because it is a road I have not crossed as of yet. It will be my biggest challenge not to order the fried taco, enchilada's beans rice, AND the marguaritaS, more chips and salsa please. ugh!!! That was the old me, the new me WANTS to order the lite dish with out all the extra stuff. Got to keep telling myself this IS the new me and that old ordering style is gone. That's just the way it is.

You all are great thanks so much for the support and encourgement. I will successfully meet this challenge.

THE PAIN OF DISCIPLINE IS LESS THEN THE PAIN OF REGRET
Old 07-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #289  

Height: 5'5

fajitas are totally allowable as long as you watch the extras...in fact thats something that my center has suggested for eating out. Good luck, you'll do great!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #290  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Looks like a bunch of good losses again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
By the way ladies 1 more pound and the 30 pound board is mine!!!
Alexiah: Great job! I was down 1 lb today, too. We are like the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare...slow but sure. I just know you are going to hit that 30 lb board in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I had my WI today and was down 1.5 lbs. I am slowly getting to the 65 lb board! While I'm not on a plateau, I do find that my loss has slowed down--I guess this happens & I'm trying not to get to hung up on scale numbers. Hopefully I'll be signing that board at next WI!
Finz: Way to go on the 1.5 lb loss. Sounds like you are another "tortoise" like me, but you are so close to that 65 lb board, so don't get discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Thursday WI update.

Down 1 pound today.
Rocky: OMG! Ice Cream??? and for 3 nights in a row and still having a loss. Frozen custard is my weakness...It's been over 4 months since I had one. Guess the closest thing I've found is the mock root beer float everyone was raving about. It REALLY is yummy.

Your party sound like a blast. You deserve to celebrate, but don't forget where you hope to get to with your weight loss. You are still my role model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Lost another 4 lbs yesterday and I'm officially 3 lbs from being able to start stablization!!!
ShineOn! 4 lbs is amazing. Bet that last 3 lbs B4 stabilization will melt away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Almost forgot, WI today was down 1lb, just 1lb but I thought about it and it's 2lbs for the week RIGHT? I want to see the 150's really bad and not look back to the 160's.
DKRiley: 2 lbs of the week IS a positive number. Look how close you are getting to the 150s.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #291  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Do you have a Publix in Statesboro? There is a brand called tax-i-mico. (spellig is a bit off I am sure). They are sold in the cold section where cheese and butter is in ours. They have flour and corn ones, they are only 25 calories a piece, so you can have 2.
Thanks for the info. We don't have a Publix but there is one about an hour away in Savannah. When I go there, I check the Publix for some different things. I looks last time and only saw the corn tortillas...not crazy about those...but I will check again for the flour ones. It would be great to have 2 whole tortillas instead of 1/2 of one. Wouldn't you agree HawaiiBound?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post

Rocky: OMG! Ice Cream??? and for 3 nights in a row and still having a loss. Frozen custard is my weakness...It's been over 4 months since I had one. Guess the closest thing I've found is the mock root beer float everyone was raving about. It REALLY is yummy.
Have you tried the rootbeer float using the Diet Hansen's Dark Cherry? Mmmmm... It's pretty good, too. Just finished mine.

DKRiley - You've just gotta walk into that restaurant like you organized the party and you own the place. Know what you want, ask for it, and ignore everyone else when they are ordering. You can do this!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #293  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Don't get discouraged, any number down is good...fistful's of fat gone forever!!
Ahh, that makes me miss JanT Darren! It's great to see you posting again!! I can hardly believe that I am 3 lbs from stabilizations. I can hardly wait to start posting on that board Sharon - welcome back from the cruise. It sounds like you did perfect and you took some great shore excursions. We just booked our Baham's cruise for November. I can hardly wait!! My snorkle equipment is just waiting to be used!

TEXDOC!!! I'm so excited to see you back on board!! I miss your posts. What a great read today - I'm all caught up now. It's been like a reunion week.

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-11-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #294  
Gina

Quote:
Gina, my friend, you too have traveled this road alongside me. I am so glad you are seeing the stabilization end in sight. You will enjoy the new choices, but if you are anything like me, I was REALLY scared! So far so good, haven't made it to official wi, but most days I am stable LOL and other days I drop a little here and there. I think for the week I will total at a 1.5 - 2 pound loss. We shall see on Saturday at wi.
I love that the other trail blazers have shared some of the exciting choices we get back. That has really kept me excited on focused on the goal. I would have been comletely clueless if you hadn't shared. Didn't Darren say carrots get introduced again? That would be great too! Our center hasn't given me any hints. It's like a big secret right of passage
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #295  
Gina

One more thing before I sign off for the night - I finally scored a Wii Fit! Man, they are hard to find!!! The last 2 nights I have playing around with the aerobics and balance games. Thought it was cute, but I felt pretty good about not really getting a lot out of it since I have been working out steadily for 2 years now. Well, tonight I tried the strength training . . . . . let's just say it was a really good work out. Between the lunges and push up, my muscles are just shaking. I could barely walk up the stairs tonight! I don't think I will use it to replace my normal routine, but it's a fun add on. And the weight & BMI measurements are right on with the center. It's a good visual on the chart. So, if you've been on the fence about buying one (assuming you can find it anywhere), I would give it a positive endorsement.

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-11-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #296  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
It's ok... rant away! I think 3 weeks is a little bit much for pre conditioning as well but you can get through this. Start now and know for the rest of the day you will make good choices. When you wake up tomorrow, do the same. Take it day to day. And! Don't beat yourself up. It's over. Move on. Since your new, you get my U Turn analogy. If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit. Would you keep going? Would you continue to drive and drive, while screaming and yelling at yourself about how how you can't do anything right, blah blah only to never arrive at your destination? Or would you accept that you made a mis-step and take the next exit... and correct it? So..... learn from it, and make the U Turn.... let's focus on your destination.
I took your advice and used a lot of willpower tonight! I was all prepared to eat a chicken salad with o & v, but we got slammed, then the kitchen closed down! They thought all of the employees had eaten! So I went about 10 hours without a bite to eat. I rummaged and ate some candied pecans and a cup full of popcorn. I was looking for anything. So here I am driving home at 12:45-famished!! McD's and Sonic were both closed so I ended up at Quik Trip! I was headed for the taquitos and took a detour to the deli sandwiches. I think I did pretty well considering I was at a convenience store.
I thought about your uturn analogy! Thanks for keeping me focused!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
Thanks for the info. We don't have a Publix but there is one about an hour away in Savannah. When I go there, I check the Publix for some different things. I looks last time and only saw the corn tortillas...not crazy about those...but I will check again for the flour ones. It would be great to have 2 whole tortillas instead of 1/2 of one. Wouldn't you agree HawaiiBound?

I would LOVE to be able to have 2. OMG, are you kidding me!! That would be great!!! I am SOOO looking into that right now, and will be in Savannah this weekend if necessary to find them!! LOL. The thought of fajitas with tortillas would be great!!!
Pat, if I find them, I'll get you some. If you see some first, pick me up some and I'll pay you back!!!

Thank you to EVERYONE for looking into the La Torilla's for me!!!!!!!!! You are all wonderful people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 07-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Do you have a Publix in Statesboro? There is a brand called tax-i-mico. (spellig is a bit off I am sure). They are sold in the cold section where cheese and butter is in ours. They have flour and corn ones, they are only 25 calories a piece, so you can have 2.
Thanks again for the info. I've been trying to "google" this and can't find it yet, so if you happen to see them again, let me know if you don't mind exactly how it's spelled. Would LOVE to be able to find them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #299  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks again for the info. I've been trying to "google" this and can't find it yet, so if you happen to see them again, let me know if you don't mind exactly how it's spelled. Would LOVE to be able to find them!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a pack in my fridge...the website is www.tamxicos.com
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #300  

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday everyone!! Weighed in today, and down 3lbs. WooHo!!! I'm so excited the 180's are just about gone and the 20lbs board is within sight!!

ShineOn...way fun on the Wii fit!!!

DKReilly - how did the party go??? I'm sure you did great!

On a side note I found the Jacobsen snack toast here in Nebraska, I have to say I love it!! (I'll also admit I'm not asking if its legal or not )

Last edited by thelish; 07-11-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Closed Thread