Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #256  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

By the way ladies 1 more pound and the 30 pound board is mine!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #257  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
By the way ladies 1 more pound and the 30 pound board is mine!!!
Congratulations!!!! Great job!

No, I didn't get any call about that promotion. But, it sounds good. It might just be your center. We had a promo; if you weighed in on July 3rd and July 7th, you got an extra free 2 weeks added on for free.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #258  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
I finally found spaghetti squash, wow those things are expensive, but I have to say well worth the cost. I baked in the oven and added spice shrimp and butter buds. mmmm mmmm good, really resolved my need for a something different and met the psuedo pasta dish craving.

I can do this I THINK, the struggles I can foresee are certainly the mexican menu (one of my greatest weaknesses), and the alcohol aspect of celebration (hard to not enjoy the festivities along with everyone else). WI today, my scale tells me I'm down 2.5 since Monday but that's an early morning WI so I'm hoping for it to not move too much.

Here's to a great OP day to you all!!!
The spaghetti squash and spicy shrimp is great isn't it!!! I love it....

You can do this! No thinking involved.... you CAN do it.... Just remember how far you've come and those things are just don't compare to how good "thin" feels.

Here's to a good weigh in today!

Last edited by namaste; 07-10-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

My center is doing a promotion on July 30th- if we come in that day and weigh, they are giving us a free month. Sounds good to me. And if we recommend a friend to join and they do, then we get $25 dollars in free HSN's or whatever we choose.
Hey, does Walmart carry the La Tortilla brand? We only have a Walmart, Bilo and Harvey's here and I hadn't seen them yet. Just checking. Also, people have mentioned low sodium taco seasoning. Who makes that?
Thanks!!!!!!!!
Missy
Old 07-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #260  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I had my WI today and was down 1.5 lbs. I am slowly getting to the 65 lb board! While I'm not on a plateau, I do find that my loss has slowed down--I guess this happens & I'm trying not to get to hung up on scale numbers. Hopefully I'll be signing that board at next WI!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #261  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I get real tierd of the same ol' chicken too - I usually throw mine on the George Forman. I've really branched out of my comfort zone though and had fish several time as well - it's nice for a change. I went in for my WI on Tuesday and the scale hadn't moved. I guess I should be happy it didn't go up in light of my poor choices on the 4th and those couple marshmellows on Saturday - but none the less - I was REALLY dissappointed! It was almost enough to make me say #&(% it! I want to EAT!! But somehow I made it through that moment,hour, day - and have managed to stay OP all week. I'll WI tomorrow so hopefully I'll see something positive. My scale at home is showing a loss - but that's also the very first thing in the morning. By the time I can make it to the center I've always gone up 1 or 2lbs it seems.

Congrats on the losses! You guys keep me going when I just want to quit - Thanks for that.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #262  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I had my WI today and was down 1.5 lbs. I am slowly getting to the 65 lb board! While I'm not on a plateau, I do find that my loss has slowed down--I guess this happens & I'm trying not to get to hung up on scale numbers. Hopefully I'll be signing that board at next WI!
Finz..I slowed down in the 180's also..seemed like I was in them for a LOOONG time..but then once I got out of them..the numbers moved pretty quick. Don't get discouraged, any number down is good...fistful's of fat gone forever!!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 07-10-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #263  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I get real tierd of the same ol' chicken too - I usually throw mine on the George Forman. I've really branched out of my comfort zone though and had fish several time as well - it's nice for a change. I went in for my WI on Tuesday and the scale hadn't moved. I guess I should be happy it didn't go up in light of my poor choices on the 4th and those couple marshmellows on Saturday - but none the less - I was REALLY dissappointed! It was almost enough to make me say #&(% it! I want to EAT!! But somehow I made it through that moment,hour, day - and have managed to stay OP all week. I'll WI tomorrow so hopefully I'll see something positive. My scale at home is showing a loss - but that's also the very first thing in the morning. By the time I can make it to the center I've always gone up 1 or 2lbs it seems.

Congrats on the losses! You guys keep me going when I just want to quit - Thanks for that.
Great job in not giving into your emotions for eating!! Stay strong, the scale WILL move.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #264  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Diana - that 1 lb will be gone before you know it

Denise - thanks so much, I do need to take the doubt out of my committment, I am just very nervous about the mexican restaurant. I need to face it head on, It's not like I can hide from mexican food the rest of my life.

Congratulations Finz, next thing you know you will be saying 1 lb from the 70 board. I have slowed my loss rate a great deal but I have to remember I am still a work in progress and each pound is closer to my goal. I don't THINK I can get there I KNOW I can get there - (thanks Denise)
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #265  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Denise - thanks so much, I do need to take the doubt out of my committment, I am just very nervous about the mexican restaurant. I need to face it head on, It's not like I can hide from mexican food the rest of my life.
Believe me, I know.... I'm always nervous about Mexican! I love it.... and it's very tasty.... it's just not tasty enough. So, fill up on water and your protein drink and have a taco salad without the shell, chips, and the other bad stuff.... and make sure you enjoy yourself! It's not easy, but we have to live in this world the way it is and you are going to make it through just fine!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #266  
Shannon

This preconditioning is not working for me. I am eating everything. If I have a craving, I eat it. I just ate Taco Bell! I have to work tonight at the country club (I bartend a few days a week) but I hope there aren't too many yummy temptations. The chef always makes these amazing menus for Thursday nights. Hopefully, this will all be "out of my system" by Monday. I will be on a business trip with a girl who is on a very strict diet so I am hoping she will be a good influence on me. Then I pretty much go straight from the airport to the center for my orientation. Send me some good vibes! I think 3 weeks is just too long for preconditioning. I just want to start drinking my HNS and get this show on the road! Sorry for the rant, but I always eat then feel guilty and get angry. Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #267  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Good job!!! It's a loss! And you will be at the 65lb board really soon. You are doing great.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #268  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I went in for my WI on Tuesday and the scale hadn't moved. I guess I should be happy it didn't go up in light of my poor choices on the 4th and those couple marshmellows on Saturday - but none the less - I was REALLY dissappointed! It was almost enough to make me say #&(% it! I want to EAT!! But somehow I made it through that moment,hour, day - and have managed to stay OP all week. I'll WI tomorrow so hopefully I'll see something positive. My scale at home is showing a loss - but that's also the very first thing in the morning. By the time I can make it to the center I've always gone up 1 or 2lbs it seems.

I am currently on a plateau..... It does happen and sometimes you just want to quit or eat off plan, but try not to. I think of these plateaus as a test.... your mind and body saying "how badly do you really want this"? I don't know why but I feel like it's a challenge to me when it happens. It helps me to not take the losses I have for granted and appreciate my hard work. Move from one moment to the next, and take the small steps.... towards the big victory. You'll do great.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #269  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
This preconditioning is not working for me. I am eating everything. If I have a craving, I eat it. I just ate Taco Bell! I have to work tonight at the country club (I bartend a few days a week) but I hope there aren't too many yummy temptations. The chef always makes these amazing menus for Thursday nights. Hopefully, this will all be "out of my system" by Monday. I will be on a business trip with a girl who is on a very strict diet so I am hoping she will be a good influence on me. Then I pretty much go straight from the airport to the center for my orientation. Send me some good vibes! I think 3 weeks is just too long for preconditioning. I just want to start drinking my HNS and get this show on the road! Sorry for the rant, but I always eat then feel guilty and get angry. Sound familiar to anyone?
It's ok... rant away! I think 3 weeks is a little bit much for pre conditioning as well but you can get through this. Start now and know for the rest of the day you will make good choices. When you wake up tomorrow, do the same. Take it day to day. And! Don't beat yourself up. It's over. Move on. Since your new, you get my U Turn analogy. If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit. Would you keep going? Would you continue to drive and drive, while screaming and yelling at yourself about how how you can't do anything right, blah blah only to never arrive at your destination? Or would you accept that you made a mis-step and take the next exit... and correct it? So..... learn from it, and make the U Turn.... let's focus on your destination.

Last edited by namaste; 07-10-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #270  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
It's ok... rant away! I think 3 weeks is a little bit much for pre conditioning as well but you can get through this. Start now and know for the rest of the day you will make good choices. When you wake up tomorrow, do the same. Take it day to day. And! Don't beat yourself up. It's over. Move on. Since your new, you get my U Turn analogy. If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit. Would you keep going? Would you continue to drive and drive, while screaming and yelling at yourself about how how you can't do anything right, blah blah only to never arrive at your destination? Or would you accept that you made a mis-step and take the next exit... and correct it? So..... learn from it, and make the U Turn.... let's focus on your destination.

Thanks, Denise! I definitely needed that analogy. I know it sounds like I am making excuses, but I just don't think I will do well with choices until this dreaded birthday weekend is over on Sunday. I will ask the chef to make me something yummy and healthy tonight. Who knows when I will get to eat. It is men's league night at the golf course and they are some poker playin, drinkin fools all night long! At last if I'm busy, I won't be bored and thinking about food!
Closed Thread