Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Last time I was in the center the consultant gave me the green menu, but she didn't explain it and I didn't take time to look at it until today. It looks like the only changes are a drop in the allowed protein (6 oz to 4 oz) and I only have to drink 2 HNS instead of 3. Is that correct? Is the total allowable HNS 4 or 5? Is there any change to the number of creamies allowed in a week?
StuckinGradSchool - Which menu were you on menu previously? what seemed to be the prompt which caused them to switch menus? Do you think it was a specific weight, or a stall in weight loss... I'm on beige, and sometimes it's too much food.

Sara
Old 07-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #437  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Thanks ladies I just love looking at everyones before & after pictures, so I figured it was time to update mine. Have a great OP day!
WOW what a transformation, you are so beautiful! I love before and after pictures, it really gives me an extra boost of motivation!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #438  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Goal4life

Girl ck out your pics..... o my Girl you look great!!!!!!!!! You should be the poster child for MRC.... Keep up the great work and the great support!!!!!!
Actually, she IS a poster child for MRC, or at least will be soon, they are putting her pics up on a billboard!!!!! I know she is a real inspiration to me too!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #439  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
hey- can anyone tell me about the low sodium taco seasoning. How much is ok to use?
Thanks,
Missy
Oh yeah you asked about this a few pages ago and I meant to answer you lol. I make this once a week - I brown 1 pound of ground turkey breast, then once it is browned I add one package of the low sodium taco seasoning with water (whatever it is the package says). Sometimes I also add some Garlic and Herb Mrs. Dash. I then let it simmer for 20 minutes or so, stirring to get all the meat seasoned. Then I measure out 4 4-ounce portions and put them in a sandwich baggy, and that is what I usually grab for the protein portion of my lunches. If I have it for lunch then I just eat it without any tortilla, yeah I know I'm weird lol. If I wait to have it for dinner then I use a tortilla and make it like a taco, but I find that 4 oz. of meat is a lot to stuff into 1 tortila lol.

Speaking of tortillas... I'm excited to hear someone was smart enough to call the company and have them shipped, and at a really good price too! What was that website again?

I've been making these for breakfast, I'm not sure if it's 100% legal but the girl saw it in my food journal and didn't say anything so I think they are ok: I fry a tiny bit of green onion (like one inch worth cut small) in a frying pan, then I add 1/3 cup (which equals 2 large eggs according to the package) of egg whites, scramble/fry until done. Then I put this in La Tortilla factory tortilla with 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese and a TEENY bit of salsa (like 1 tsp, just for flavor). It's super good! I was getting really tired of plain scrambled eggs, and the pancakes are a lot of work lol.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #440  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I also ran across something in Bakers/Krogers today that I've never seen before. I think they'd be legal - but I'm not going to ask MCR (they don't want us to have any fun)- I'm just gonna have them occasionally for a treat.
They are called Heavenly Desserts Meringues
serving size is 10 (they're pretty small)
40 calories
0 fat
20mg sodium
15g carbs
0 sugar
2g protein

They come in chocolate, lemon, cappuccino, strawberry, & vanilla - although I only found the chocolate and vanilla. They are SOOOOO GOOD! At least the vanilla are, haven't tried the chocolate. Kinda interesting though - on the box it says EXCESSIVE CONSUMPTION MAY HAVE A LAXATIVE EFFECT - hmmmmm how much exactly is "Excessive"??
Those sound good! I know what you mean about not asking the MRC people. I found sugar free bbq sauce and I've used it once, and only 2 tablespoons. I figure stuff like this, if used sparingly, is not going to hurt my weight loss. It's made by those same people that make all those sugar free salad dressings, something farms... the bbq sauce is zero calories and zero carbs. It has an artificial red color to it but it actually tasted really good.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #441  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Last time I was in the center the consultant gave me the green menu, but she didn't explain it and I didn't take time to look at it until today. It looks like the only changes are a drop in the allowed protein (6 oz to 4 oz) and I only have to drink 2 HNS instead of 3. Is that correct? Is the total allowable HNS 4 or 5? Is there any change to the number of creamies allowed in a week?
I don't remember any of the other menus, I've been on the green one for about 3 weeks now. Minimum of 2 HNS a day, one with breakfast and one with lunch, maximum of 4 HNS a day, and you can also add a few of those fiber drinks. Only 1 creamy allowed per day, and if you like those soy crisps you can only have those twice a week. Protein is 4 oz. for all meats and cottage cheese, 2 oz. of hard cheese. If you have hard cheese for breakfast then you can't have it for dinner, they want you to have hard cheese only once a day.

I'm surprised they didn't go over the menu very well with you, aren't they supposed to do that?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #442  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
Momofboys- Thanks! And I have to tell you- I really enjoy your posts. You crack me up- great sense of humor!! Way to go on your weight loss- you've done so well and only been on the program for a little over a month. You should be so proud of yourself!

Thank you! I like to think I'm funny anyhow - I am proud of myself, it's all a bit hard to really comprehend though. I see the scale, I hear them tell me I losing inches - but I look at myself in a mirror and I don't really see it yet. Athough tonight I had a NSV (I think that is right) I picked up my son's tball pics from his coach and I see a pic of him and me...and I honestly had to do a double take. I look so different in the picture than I think I look! It really made me smile - then of course I just kept admiring myself for the next couple hours. It started out good for me, then slowed to nothing for 2 weeks or so, then just in the last week I've been losing again.

Strawberrie - I like the sounds of your breakfast burrito! I may have to give that a try myself - yum! Oh by the way - the warning on that box was true I think......be careful if you try them.....eating half the box was probably considered IN EXCESS.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #443  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

I'll start the green menu tomorrow and the counselor I met with today went over it pretty thoroughly. I did have a counselor, though, who seemed pinched for time and just handed me a new menu without any explanation. She was a little short with me when I asked questions. Again, it seems to vary not only by center, but by individual counselors. I know they try to meet with as many clients as they can, but I don't like feeling rushed.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #444  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

momofboys- GOOD for you! I can't remember the last time I looked at a picture of myself and was happy with what I saw. Makes this journey even more rewarding, doesn't it?

As far as the 'excess' portions..maybe we could substitute them for the dieter's tea? ha...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

Which menu were you on menu previously? what seemed to be the prompt which caused them to switch menus? Do you think it was a specific weight, or a stall in weight loss... I'm on beige, and sometimes it's too much food.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay Sara - I have not figured out how to make the quote function work yet. I was going to tell you that my center gave me the green menu (after the beige) when I went under 200. They said I could start it whenever I felt that I was no longer hungry on the 6 oz. They said that 200 was the magic number there though. I don't know if it is another of those things that varies with each center. I may start mine tomorrow. I was down 1.5 today bringing my total to 24.5 lbs!!

I tried the Texas Sauce in the cookbook tonight and it was yummy on chicken. I added an extra packet of sweetener than the recipe called for. Off to drink my chocolate HNS, MMMMM. I wish I could have those 3x a day
Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

I don't know if any of you are big on making your own salsa, but I make mine for tacos and it's MRC friendly, LOL. I just throw about 2 tomatoes (cut in half and remove stems), a half a bunch of green onions (of course ditching the roots and tough ends), fresh cilantro leaves, 1 seeded jalepeno and some sea salt and garlic powder and whirl it in the food processor.

I always wonder if I can add this to my breakfast but forget to ask. I usually eat 1 med. egg with cheddar on a corn tortilla that I set on the skillet a few minutes longer so it's crispy and flat (I may have to order some of those so I can have two).

Heather
Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #447  

Height: 5'5

thanks for the salsa recipe, I am an addict its the one thing I have been cheating on!

BTW who has some quick and easy ideas for breakfast, maybe things I can make ahead of time and then heat in the morning. I'm not a morning person and have a long commute so cooking in the morning (except weekends) is a no-go. I think I will die if I eat anymore cheese
Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #448  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I posted it a few pages back - but darned if I can find it now. But here you go!

1 slice (appx 4.5 inches long)

40 calories
0 fat
45mg sodium
8g carbs
0 fiber
4g sugars
1g protein

It's so good! Hope this helps!
Thank you!!!! It does help, and I can't wait to try it.....
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I don't remember any of the other menus, I've been on the green one for about 3 weeks now. Minimum of 2 HNS a day, one with breakfast and one with lunch, maximum of 4 HNS a day, and you can also add a few of those fiber drinks. Only 1 creamy allowed per day, and if you like those soy crisps you can only have those twice a week. Protein is 4 oz. for all meats and cottage cheese, 2 oz. of hard cheese. If you have hard cheese for breakfast then you can't have it for dinner, they want you to have hard cheese only once a day.

I'm surprised they didn't go over the menu very well with you, aren't they supposed to do that?
Thanks, Strawberry. I'm making notes on my menu as I'm typing this.

I don't know what's going on with my center. I had about six weeks worth of HNS and creamies that I inherited from my sister, who went to the same center I'm using. The drinks were purchased from this center, not online. I started on my own using menus we already had, and when I thought I was getting low on supplements I went in and signed up and bought a trunk-load of supplements to get me through two months until I thought I could go home again.

I ended up going home early for Father's Day, and I decided to go in and check my progress. The consultant was almost ugly when I declined to purchase anything, and since that visit I have not received the weekly check-up phone call I'm supposed to get as a mail order client. I reminded her that we almost had to use a forklift to get all my product to the car two weeks earlier, but that didn't mollify her. I bought 10 boxes the weekend of the 4th, but still no phone calls.

Regarding the menu change, I actually had left the center and had to go back and ask if it was time for a new menu. It kinda seems like they are only halfway servicing me as a client. Fortunately, I'm managing okay by checking in with this board several times a day and seeing what's working for everyone else. As long as they'll keep talking to me when I go in and will get me to maintenance, I can live with it.

On the upside, I realized today that I had surpassed TWO of my initial goals. I broke 200 lbs a few weeks ago, and I made it to my original goal date. When I signed up, I was having a hard time mentally committing to 17 weeks, so I told myself that I was going to work really hard at staying on plan until July 4th and re-evaluate things then, which was six or seven weeks. I made it! And I'm still going! I've got to think of a couple of new goals. I think I'd like to step on the scale in the middle of the day now wearing clothes and sneakers and be below 190. I'm currently weighing first thing in the morning.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #450  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
thanks for the salsa recipe, I am an addict its the one thing I have been cheating on!

BTW who has some quick and easy ideas for breakfast, maybe things I can make ahead of time and then heat in the morning. I'm not a morning person and have a long commute so cooking in the morning (except weekends) is a no-go. I think I will die if I eat anymore cheese

Do you like boiled eggs?? or maybe you could make a couple "breakfast" burrito's up ahead of time then just nuke them for a min or so - their pretty portable. I sometimes even fall back on diced up chicken (cooked & prepped the night before) and a piece of the snack toast. I'm not good at the breakfast thing too and I'm afraid once school starts up again I'll be running into the same problem.
Closed Thread