Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #271  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thursday WI update.

Down 1 pound today.

If I hadn't had ice cream 3 nights in a row I would be down more. However, if I hadn't had the diet tea every day I would have probably gained. I'm really back OP again, but for those of you who have a Publix in your area, DON'T GIVE IN TO THE CHOCOLATE TRINITY ICE CREAM! The commercials come on every night around dinner time and they're so damn tempting UGH!

I have 5 weeks (from Saturday) until my big b-day party that I'm throwing for myself. I haven't had a party since I turned 18 and since that was 1/2 my life ago I think I deserve a party. Hopefully I'll be @ goal by then (15 more pounds for the 120 lb goal I've set for myself). I've already told the girls at the center that I'll be eating and drinking what I want that night but I will be back OP after the party. I should be in stabilization by then. We'll see how the next 5 weeks go.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #272  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
I read "The Cellulite Solution," which basically is summed up in your post, Shenanigan. No caffeine, lots of water, excercise. Wish I'd have talked to you before I spent the money to buy it!!

Hey- the big 4-0 is Monday for me. ('68 was a good year!) I just wish I'd started with MRC six months ago so I could join my family by the pool for our vacation next week. Oh, well- NEXT year!

Regarding differences in centers- I go to one that has a calendar jam-packed with classes, motivational weigh-ins, yoga, etc. The counselors are so excited and happy that I have to wonder if they're hitting the liquid minerals a little hard. I feel like I've run a mile every time I go in there! However, I think each center is different and have noticed a definite difference in how they price the plan, based on the posts here. I don't know if individual counselors have that flexibility, or if the center provides the boundaries. Either way, it's a little concerning.

Oh, your post makes me sad. Don't wait until next year - join them at the pool now!! I look back on all the wonderful memories of my mommey/daughter trips. We would take a road trip and when stopping for a hotel - we would check out the pool first to see if it was "acceptable" to us. I would get out there and play with all the kids and have a blast while the "skinny" moms stayed on the sidelines all covered up. I always weighed around 250lbs and I remember thinking - not a single person knows me and the odds of running into them again or even remembering them is so small. Who care what they think. I'm having a blast and they are missing out on great memories. It's the confidence that shines through. Rarely did some make a mean comment, they were always focused on my smiling face and pure joy. I can't control others thoughts and that's their problem, not mine. We only have control over ourselves. Please don't wait until you're "perfect" or you will miss out on so much.

I'm still back out 8 pages - was 16 behind! Just wanted to jump in here!! I'm doing great - very busy with work. Lost another 4 lbs yesterday and I'm officially 3 lbs from being able to start stablization!!! I'm so close and very excited!! Can't believe I missed a Sam sighting!! If you're still out there reading - my thoughts and happy prayers are with you. Goal4Life - you have had some wonderful insights and words of encouragement. Maybe you should start pening a book. You are amazing. Congrats to all the losses, NSV's and new people. Will try to post more later when I get caught up
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #273  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Thursday WI update.
Down 1 pound today.

If I hadn't had ice cream 3 nights in a row I would be down more. However, if I hadn't had the diet tea every day I would have probably gained. I'm really back OP again, but for those of you who have a Publix in your area, DON'T GIVE IN TO THE CHOCOLATE TRINITY ICE CREAM! The commercials come on every night around dinner time and they're so damn tempting UGH!

I have 5 weeks (from Saturday) until my big b-day party that I'm throwing for myself. I haven't had a party since I turned 18 and since that was 1/2 my life ago I think I deserve a party. Hopefully I'll be @ goal by then (15 more pounds for the 120 lb goal I've set for myself). I've already told the girls at the center that I'll be eating and drinking what I want that night but I will be back OP after the party. I should be in stabilization by then. We'll see how the next 5 weeks go.
WOW! I don't even have a clue as to what would happen to me if I ate ice cream but I doubt I would still lose...I have to give it up to you on that one...I'm not sure how you do it, but you do! Are you having cravings again? That's what I think would drive me crazy.... the 3 days after I ate something.

Well, that party had better be grand!!! You'll have to share lot's of pics with us that cannot attend in person but will be there in spirit! I think that just sound great! You are going to have a blast!!!! What a great idea. We all should follow Rocki and give ourselves birthday parties this year.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #274  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Denise you are very encouraging. I find it funny actually that of all the things I could be concerned about it is a fried taco and a splat of frijoles. Minimalize it YES that's the answer - the power of the mind woohoo
Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #275  
Dixie

Almost forgot, WI today was down 1lb, just 1lb but I thought about it and it's 2lbs for the week RIGHT? I want to see the 150's really bad and not look back to the 160's.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #276  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Almost forgot, WI today was down 1lb, just 1lb but I thought about it and it's 2lbs for the week RIGHT? I want to see the 150's really bad and not look back to the 160's.
That's wonderful!!! Congratulations! You are doing a great job!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #277  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I'm still back out 8 pages - was 16 behind! Just wanted to jump in here!! I'm doing great - very busy with work. Lost another 4 lbs yesterday and I'm officially 3 lbs from being able to start stablization!!! I'm so close and very excited!! Can't believe I missed a Sam sighting!! If you're still out there reading - my thoughts and happy prayers are with you. Goal4Life - you have had some wonderful insights and words of encouragement. Maybe you should start pening a book. You are amazing. Congrats to all the losses, NSV's and new people. Will try to post more later when I get caught up
Hellooooooo! You are SOOOO close! I'm so excited for you! Oh my gosh, this is great! WHOA!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #278  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Gina, my friend, you too have traveled this road alongside me. I am so glad you are seeing the stabilization end in sight. You will enjoy the new choices, but if you are anything like me, I was REALLY scared! So far so good, haven't made it to official wi, but most days I am stable LOL and other days I drop a little here and there. I think for the week I will total at a 1.5 - 2 pound loss. We shall see on Saturday at wi.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #279  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
My center is doing a promotion on July 30th- if we come in that day and weigh, they are giving us a free month. Sounds good to me. And if we recommend a friend to join and they do, then we get $25 dollars in free HSN's or whatever we choose.
Hey, does Walmart carry the La Tortilla brand? We only have a Walmart, Bilo and Harvey's here and I hadn't seen them yet. Just checking. Also, people have mentioned low sodium taco seasoning. Who makes that?
Thanks!!!!!!!!
Missy
I have not been able to find the La Tortilla in Statesboro. I found one that is 80 cal and cut it in half. Walmart has the low sodium taco seasoning by El Paso
Old 07-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #280  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

I like to do the fish and chicken in the melba toast and saute it in a little olive oil. It is almost like having fried food. It puts a great crunch on the chicken and fish. I also use parmesan cheese sometimes for the chicken and do the same thing. It is great.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #281  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I have not been able to find the La Tortilla in Statesboro. I found one that is 80 cal and cut it in half. Walmart has the low sodium taco seasoning by El Paso
Do you have a Publix in Statesboro? There is a brand called tax-i-mico. (spellig is a bit off I am sure). They are sold in the cold section where cheese and butter is in ours. They have flour and corn ones, they are only 25 calories a piece, so you can have 2.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #282  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

How wonderful to check in and find so many old friends: Goal, Memmo, Alexiah, Shine, etc. I lost from 220 to 182 and then fell in love with Sam. I did a fairly good job of maintaining in the 180's until June and then realized I was starting to do old stuff and get careless. I regained to 191, so I re-enrolled two weeks ago. I'm on the 4-day Meta-Slim menu (which is challenging but okay and sure gives me a sense of regaining control). What interfered the most with staying OP after I fell in love was spending time together. I was somehow embarrassed to admit that I really need this program (even though Sam knew about it and was supportive). This time around, I've told him how important it is to me and what I need to do when we're together. He was, of course, wonderful about it even asking me this morning what he needs to provide for me this weekend. So, it's really up to me to take a deep breath and stayed dived back into the MRC water. I also got up the guts at my re-enrollment to say that there's a counselor that I don't like and don't want to work with. They were swell about it and now when I'm there, that counselor and I just act like the other person isn't there, which is okay with me. She just always had a way of making me feel bad about myself. I'm sure she's fine for some other people.

Anyway, friends, I know I've said this before, but I'm back around and also thrilled to see that we now have our own 3fatchicks place!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #283  
Dixie

I queried in the LaTortillaFactory website trying to find a store near Statesboro that sells them - I could not find one until I hit the expand to 60 miles search. Not sure if you want to make a one way 1 hour drive to purchase tortilla's. You can purchase them on their website LaTortillafactory.com and they are less expensive then what I paid at the grocery store, that is before shipping. I paid nearly $4 a package for mine at the HyVee grocery store here in Olathe. They are very good though so worth the cost, kind of like that spaghetti squash
Old 07-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #284  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
How wonderful to check in and find so many old friends: Goal, Memmo, Alexiah, Shine, etc. I lost from 220 to 182 and then fell in love with Sam. I did a fairly good job of maintaining in the 180's until June and then realized I was starting to do old stuff and get careless. I regained to 191, so I re-enrolled two weeks ago. I'm on the 4-day Meta-Slim menu (which is challenging but okay and sure gives me a sense of regaining control). What interfered the most with staying OP after I fell in love was spending time together. I was somehow embarrassed to admit that I really need this program (even though Sam knew about it and was supportive). This time around, I've told him how important it is to me and what I need to do when we're together. He was, of course, wonderful about it even asking me this morning what he needs to provide for me this weekend. So, it's really up to me to take a deep breath and stayed dived back into the MRC water. I also got up the guts at my re-enrollment to say that there's a counselor that I don't like and don't want to work with. They were swell about it and now when I'm there, that counselor and I just act like the other person isn't there, which is okay with me. She just always had a way of making me feel bad about myself. I'm sure she's fine for some other people.

Anyway, friends, I know I've said this before, but I'm back around and also thrilled to see that we now have our own 3fatchicks place!
Welcome back!!! I've thought about you often and am happy to see you.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey, does Walmart carry the La Tortilla brand? We only have a Walmart, Bilo and Harvey's here and I hadn't seen them yet. Just checking. Also, people have mentioned low sodium taco seasoning. Who makes that?
Thanks!!!!!!!!
Missy
I found a stray package of La Tortilla Factory tortillas at Wal-Mart in front of the deli counter a few weeks ago. When I asked the deli manager about them, she wasn't familiar with them and said to ask the bakery ladies about it. Sooo...my answer is "maybe."

I have found low sodium taco seasoning by Old El Paso and McCormick.

Last edited by stuck in grad school; 07-10-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Closed Thread