Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #1336  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Repo--guess it's back to WalMart for me tomorrow!

Gotta say my "omelet" was terrific. I ended up needing 2 veg. servings, which was too much for the omelet so I just mixed it all together, threw some tabasco on top and an oz. of lf cheese--was great--nice change from chicken and salad!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #1337  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Has anyone here ever used Nutrisystem? My mom was going to try it and I was going to split it with her, see if a change in program might shake my system into dropping some of this un-budgeable last few pounds...any advice? You can be truthful, I wont be insulted
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #1338  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Deets Mom: I used Nutrisystem when I quit smoking. I justified the cost because I wasn't buying cigs. I went from 168 to 128 in 5 months. And kepti t off for about 2 years. Slowly crept back on. Age and eating It's easy because you get prepared food. Just add the veggies and salads. It's hard because not all their food tastes good. I understand now you can order it off the internet. I had to go to a center. I think if you make up your mind you've spent the money and you will do well, you will do well!!
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #1339  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I wonder if it would shake things up for me for this last go round..shes paying for it...LAWL will always be the way I chose to "live", its part of the way I think and eat now, its how I plan to maintain for life
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #1340  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

It's worth a try I've been shaking it up by doing South Beach for a month. I only lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks, all in week 1. However, it seems like I've lost another 2 lbs since restarting LAWL. I hate to say for sure until it stays there more than a day!
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #1341  

Deetsmom: before I came back to LA I vascilated between several things: Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, WW. Anyways, I decided against Nutrisystem because I had read some reviews about some people getting moldy food and the food tasting bad. A friend of a friend tried it and told us that the food was awful, she couldn't even eat it. She had bought it through QVC so it had a 30 gurantee and she was able to return it. I do think that sometimes a change in diet triggers a loss but I would be really careful with Nutrisystem stuff. On the other hand, I did read some reviews of people who liked it.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #1342  
Princess Heather

ok..I did it! I was POP yesterday all day! Starting today with water and a shake, and have a yummy lunch packed and put fish in the fridge for dinner. I am sure my husband will be going to get fast food. More later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #1343  
PurpleSunshine

Hello Chickies and good morning!!

Haylo - So glad to hear that you stayed OP last night - Now that will start today out wonderful!!!

Repo - Wow that chicken pita sounds so yummy - I've already printed it out - I love to try the quick things like that that people post - like that egg pita - that was good too.,...

Debbie - Whhoooooo hooooo for you girlfriend - that is totally awesome!! Enjoy that feeling b/c I think it is the best in the world - I know I say that to everyone but when I get clothes that fit or my old ones start getting big - that is the best success to me - makes me feel on cloud 100!!! - So KUDOS to you - that is wonderful

HeatherCP - Thanks for the running congrats - I was pretty excited. Why don't you start with just some walking - Maybe 30 minutes a day and as your body gets used to it - try doing the same amount with different intensity!! You can do it girl!!!

Britt - Congrats on the 4.0 girl - that is wonderful - Good to see you back around!!!

Hi PInk and welcome to the boards!!!

Deets - Good luck on your Nutrisystem decision - I'm not sure if I have any advice. I only have one bad story -= but it was my MIL and it was due to her having diabetes and they put her on the wrong plan - really really screwed her up - but that was a special circumstance!!! Have you thought of maybe going and doing WW for a few weeks just to spice things up a bit?? Eat the LAWL foods - but follow points and do like high/low to see if that helps You had success on that before - maybe your body just needs a switch up???

Well chickies - Scale is the same - no changes for me - it is aggrevating, but I keep going. I went to the gym last night - ran for 10 minutes and I was totally giving out - and couldn't realize why I couldn't make it to 15 - then I slowed it down and did some fast walking - only to realize that it was on an incline of 4!!! OMG - I was kind of happy that I ran at 4 incline for 10 mins without knowing it......then I did some ab work. I go back to the trainer today!! I'm really getting pretty addicted to the exercising - I enjoy the way it makes me feel - strong and empowered!!! So, I will just keep plugging away at both eating better and exercising!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me - he wants me to be down 3/4 lbs by the end of the month???
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #1344  

Purplepirate: your excersice stories are getting my anxious to start excersising again. I have been laying off excersice becaue I hurt my foot, but I think by next week I am going to try. I was going to go excersise today but my cousin is getting married on sat. and I am one of the bridesmaids so I don't want to cause any injury especially if I am going to be standing. I had an on plan breakfast today (small sausage w/ biscuit) I think my sausage was 1/2 protein so I'll get more in at lunch.

I hope everyone has a good day!!!!
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #1345  
on LAWL

HeatherCP--WTG--one POP day turns into many.

HeatherPP--You are amazing. My scales haven't moved in weeks and I can't even say it's because I am building muscle! You are doing great.

Haylo--just plan it out--you can do it!

Today is errands, WI, and awards assembly at school so my day is spoken for. Trying to get all the last minute shopping since we will be gone all weekend then turn around a leave on Weds. for AZ for a week.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #1346  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haylo- Glad to see you back on the wagon!

HeatherCP- WTG! What a good feeling to know that you stayed POP all day, and that you have a game plan for today.

Deets- I have no idea on that one, but you did hit a bad plateau with WW that you finally broke with LAWL, so who knows, maybe it ill work.

HeatherPP- Jogging on an incline? Girl, you make me tired!

I am down 2 more lbs, so that is great news. Sad nsv to report. Some of you may remember this, but back in January my rings were all falling off of my fingers. I decided that it was time to put them away until I was finished losing weight, and could get them resized. For Valentines day DH bought me really pretty CZ ring to wear so that I still looked married, lol. Well, that ring has been getting really big, and yesterday it was rolling around on my finger. Last night we took a walk. When we got home I realized that the ring was gone. So, cool that I have lost that much more in my hands, but I loved that ring, too. Oh, well, off to ebay to find a new ring!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #1347  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Have a great day Lea Ann!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #1348  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Katie - The tomato pesto you have is the same pesto I use in the Sun-dried tomato chicken recipe I posted awhile back. I love that stuff! It adds so much flavor and you don't even need that much to make a big impact. WTG on the loss!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #1349  
on LAWL

Katie--sorry about the ring--that stinks--thank goodness it was CZ and not your real one though. Congrats on the 2 lbs!! Maybe I need to look into Nutrisytstm with Deets--nothing else is working! I even considered LAWL's To again but i hate the idea of it. Something has got to give--I'm never going to get to goal, or even mini-goal, at this rate. Hey--your ab exercises look TOUGH!!--especially the last one.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #1350  
PurpleSunshine

Haylo - Yes, I'm getting addicted that is for sure - after all the talk about pita and easy stuff - I went into the kitchen and made myself a pita,egg(1) and veggie sausage with a little light mayo - hmmmm, it was so good - I'm trying to having protein at every meal now - I'm supposed to get in 112 grams on the days I exercise hard - wow - that is alot of protein.....

Boo - Sounds like you are super busy girl - So sorry your scale hasn't moved - but at least your still hanging out in the new decade - I'm really really trying to come and join you!!! I know you need some company - Repo is there now - and I want to be too !!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote