Old 05-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #1486  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--I get it. It's really a great esteem booster. Yeah for you. DH's are great but it's just not the same.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #1487  

Okay what do you guys think? Today we are having a rehersal dinner for my cousins wedding, she has been more like a sister to me. Her best friend is her matron of honor and I am her maid of honor and she has one other bridesmaid who lives out of town so she won't be there tonight. Anyways, I know that matron of honor is going to say something tonight (a toast or something) and my cousin told me if I wanted to make a toast then I should. Anyways, my dilema is this, I don't want the Matron of honor to feel like I am overstepping her toast or speech, and I don't want their to be five thousand toasts just because I don't want the toast to get over done. So what do ya'll think should I say something or not? If I do say anything should it be short and simple like: Congrats, best wishes, and I hope you the best in you marriage or something more personal.

I told my cousin already that I didn't want to say anything since her best friend is already going to do something. My cousin said it didn't matter to her either way.

Ugggghhhhhh what to do, I don't even know what to say. I drafted something but I don't know if I have time to memorize it between now and tonight.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #1488  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Haylo-I always like the toasts that share a funny or beautiful story . . . .it doesn't have to be long-just a moment or thing that will always remind you of your cousin.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #1489  

Haylo- Why instead of a toast you give it a "roast" (funny speech)! That way you can be personal at the wedding and have something more formal then! The matron of honor will not feel like you are overstepping because she will give the nice speech and you will give the funny one! At the end you say best wishes and so forth!

You can even share a funny story or something...just get creative...how do ya think?
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #1490  

Julimarie & Rebecca: thanks for the help! I will think of something.

Hey I just realized without even trying to hard I have been POP today. I didn't have time to plan out my day but I just realized I subconsciouly picked out an on plan lunch from our school cafeteria. 1/2 potato, salad, fruit (and I had protein in the morning. )
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #1491  
PurpleSunshine

Way to go Lori - way to go!! Way to go Lori - way to go

YOu go girl - I totally agree with leaann - it is nice to get extra attention from DH - but those hotties are just extra special icing on the cake!! Geez, if we can't have the icing - at least let us look at it right?

Haylo - I would probably say something - even if it is short and sweet or funny like Rebeca mentioned. I would probably go the funny route and end with something really short and sweet - good luck girlfriend!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #1492  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

You guys were busy this morning. I have been POP so far today yeah!

Aggie- Thanks for sharing your story. I can totally relate to that bitter angry feeling. I was that person. The one thing I have noticed since starting this thing is that I have much less self hatred. I was in a bad relationship with a best girlfriend, that looking back on it now I see I gained about 20 pounds during this 2 year relationship. It was a horrible breakup, but I started LAWL right during it and it was the best thing I could do.

Lea ann- I am 5'8, I have noticed I am smaller everywhere else but my lower abs are the last holdout. I had a c- section with my last, and I have a herniated disc so I can not do ab workouts. I so thought i was going to get a bikini this year but there is no way- I don't think I will ever be able to have one.

Speaking of bathing suits- I bought one from Newportnews.com and I love it. Their suits are so much more reasonably priced than the stores. I know it is hard to buy with out trying them on, but i have bought 2 now and they both worked out fine.

Have fun all you guys going camping- I want to go this summer so bad. DH has bad memories from childhood camping trips so he does not want to go.

This is going to be a hard OP weekend- lets be tough

LISA
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #1493  

ljackson- You are quite tall! I am 5-7 so I think that you are much leaner than you think you are! Sorry about your back problems, but i have read that walking is a very good low abs workout as long as you suck it in when you walk! I have one of those abs machine that you do while seating instead of crunches and it really works! I dont ever use it, gotta put that on my ebay list! lol
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #1494  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

lori~ thanks you, my niki appreciates the extra love...i got so frustrated today, i had to bring her in for a check up to see if she need the surgery...im 2 days away from a final, and the doctors at the office know this! anyway, the xray machine wasnt working again! this is the second time i have trooped across the city to take her to the vet and the machine was broken down...i must have turned 6 different shades of red...i dont like to cause a scene...but i was like, doc! i have finals, not only is this taking away time from the books, but i have to carry a sick dog across town, and pay the cab fees! do you think thats fair! last time i gave them my number and told them to call me if it happenes again...i was so frustrated...ugh...i hate the way people are here, and the system, its so not pro the people! now that i vented...wohoo on the hottie...hey, we all need a lil reassurance that we are the female species! haha...enjoy it...i hope for all you ladies that the DH's dont snoop on this website, or you are all in big trouble!

boo~ you mean DH actually fly's the plane, im confused...what kind of plane is it, i bet its not that big, i would freak out! i freak out as is getting into a normal sized plane...no valium in the world would calm me down...well now that i freaked you out more, have a fun safe trip!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #1495  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

ljackson~ im 5'7, one of my bf's is 5'8 and 155, and she looks great...r u sure your not tricking us about the tummy! i bet you look great...in the photo you look very slim! sorry about the stall, maybe its a decade stall like katie said...letting the body adjust...and the newport news, i love their bathing suits, they are so cute, and pretty good quality and a great price, i bought two last summer, and they just didnt fit right...i wish there was a way to try them on...now im apprehensive about ordering other suits in fear they all may lay wrong on me...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #1496  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

I WANT SOME FREAKIN CAKE!!

lol ok, heres to POP weekend
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #1497  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Refund

Hi LeeAnn and others who were interested:

I went to the COD today and they tried really really hard to keep me there, but I insisted that I wanted a refund due to their imposing their appointments on me.

They said that they understood, but could they work something out with me? I told them that I waited an hour last week AFTER they told me they would work me in between appointments - I just can't deal with that -

They said I would get the refund check in 15 - 20 working days - so all is well -

Thanks for the suggestion LeeAnn! I appreciate it!!!

Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #1498  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well girlies, I am out for the weekend. Have a happy, safe, POP Memorial Day!! I will see you all Monday night!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM   #1499  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2fivesweeties
Hi LeeAnn and others who were interested:

I went to the COD today and they tried really really hard to keep me there, but I insisted that I wanted a refund due to their imposing their appointments on me.

They said that they understood, but could they work something out with me? I told them that I waited an hour last week AFTER they told me they would work me in between appointments - I just can't deal with that -

They said I would get the refund check in 15 - 20 working days - so all is well -

Thanks for the suggestion LeeAnn! I appreciate it!!!

Lori
So wait...you got the refund JUST cos they changed their terms? DO TELL! My center is pulling the same BS now and I NEVER would have joined under these new terms. SHARE the details!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #1500  
Princess Heather

Well I went to WI early because we are heading out of town tomorrow. I am down 6.6 pounds this week according to their scale! I was in ticker denial because i didn't want to move it back up...so i worked hard this week and lost it....so close to that 269....

They have a deal going on that if I lose a pound over the weekend you get a store credit for $10.....so another motivation to stay POP. Ya'll have a good weekend and I will catch up with you guys on Monday or Tuesday!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote