Old 05-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #1276  

Boo: I might be driving through your city sometime in July, my parents and I are going to visit one of my cousins in Los Almos, New Mexico he is doing an internship over the summer there. I have always wanted to move to Arizona. Don't know why, it just seems like a nice place. Have fun at your baby's kinder graduation!
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #1277  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Boo: Aww a kindergarten graduation. It goes so fast!! my baby will graduate from law school next year. My MIL would say to me all the time 'Cherish these days, they will be gone before you know it" It annoyed me so. Somedays I felt like I would never have time to do what I want. All three are grown and I still don't have time to do what I want. But they are gone!! And I do miss them. Go figure.
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #1278  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Aggie- We are going to camp about 30 minues from West Yellowstone. It will be great. Now you are just going to have to some see Yellowstone Park one of these days and camp with us! Me and Yogagurl camp quite a bit in the summer time.

Lee Ann- We have preschool graduation today for DD, and kindergarten graduation next week for DS. I had to hire a babysitter for the daycare since they are both during the day. It is so very rare that I ever leave the daycare, I am a little nervous about it, however, I have the best baby sitter on the planet coming, my SIL Ronda, who is a childrens counselor.

Here to a great, POP day to all!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #1279  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--I couldn't handle a double dose of graduations! Enjoy taking the time off--you deserve it. Mik looked soooo adorable this morning when I dropped her off--not likely that it will last til this afternoon! She plays hard. Her teacher will be shocked she can be so cute--she is a shorts and t-shirt kinda girl most of the time.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #1280  

Good MOrning Girls _ I see that all of you had a good OP weekend which is great! Thanks for all the motivation! I feel better! My mother and I bought bikes this weekend and rode on them for a while yesterday! We are having a Bike day on Tuesday and Thursday before my college classes. They have this bike area on campus which is very close to my parents house!

The scale was 179.6 this morning! Not so bad...its getting there! Unfornally I cant see how I am going to meet my goal but I am starting another one soon! Have a great day girls!

Aggie- Good luck on your exams! yOU STudy so hard you wont even need any!

Repo- Enjoy camping...you do so much for others its time to have a little fun too! WTG on NSV! You know you are a hot mama!

On the girls going south while losing weight... I am huge up there! People think that they are fake! Seriously, I am a 36DDD ...thats right...not DD but D D D!!!! Since I am not that big around I get the "Where did you get them done?" all the time! NOw that I lost a little bit they seem to be getting even bigger! Its ridiculous! Cant wait to get a reduction! DH doesnt support it a bit...he thinks its fine just like they are but i cant wait to have it done! That will be when a have a little bit of extra $$$ and go to brazil and come back as a new woman! Lipo, reduction, and all the in betweens!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #1281  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I too keep hoping the girls will disappear! What is it with men and big boobs? Sheesh! DH is the same way.

We had huge storms here this weekend. Friday evening we had a severe T-storm warning while I was out running some errands. I was on the way home and I swear, while I was stopped at the stoplight it was dead calm one minute and then, the jolly-green-giant was rockin' the mom-van. I got home just as it started to rain and then the skies just opened up and PUKED rain on us. We got .68 inches of rain that night. For here, that is just unheard of. Funnel clouds were spotted at the chemical weapons depot (in my opinion, NOT a good place for ma nature to throw down a tornado!) and huge trees were uprooted east of town. I personally love storms, but my big brave hunting dog was freaked out, and that freaked the kiddos out. Whose kids are these anyway?

Off to WI this morning.... wish me luck!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #1282  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Just got back from WI, I am finally back down to 161, so my ticker is right. She said my diary looked the same everyday and maybe it is time to mix things up a little. It is so much easier eating the same things every day though, I don't have to think then, and I can get through the day and not be hungry. The thing is I only have 2 proteins and if I use one for breakfast, I am starving if I have to miss my one at lunch or dinner. I sometimes do cereal for dinner but it is hard when the rest of the family is eating regular dinner, and the kids always get weird about it because I am eating breakfast at dinner.

What do you guys do to mix things up? I eat yougrt for my dairy almost every dayat breakfast, and have a salad with chicken for lunch, and usually a salad with chicken, fish, etc for dinner.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #1283  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I wish my "girls" would REappear!! the have seemed to do a disappearing act since losing weight.lol. I guess I cant complain, my husband loves them any size! he is more of a "butt" manlol.

I am buying a bike ladies.Since summer is just about here and all my tv shows are over I am going to start bike riding with the kids in the evenings.Should be fun. I am going to start my BL DVD too(hopefully).It may just be too nice outside to stay in to do it.I might save that on days its nasty or just too hot to go out.

I am still not doing well with weight loss or loseing the few pds I have gained.I am just not mentaly or phsically right yet.I am thinking about having my depression meds increased.Hopefully I will get right soon.I want to get the last of my weight off!

I agree with having a protein fior breakast.If I do that too I feel like I am starving that day after lunch and dinner.If I miss it for lunch I am starving by dinner.Then If I miss dinner protein I feel like I am not getting enough food so I am hungry the rest of the evning! I do think that if I do have my protein at breakfast I would rather have my other one at lunch.Seems to be a little easier that missing it at lunch.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #1284  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Rebeca--how neat that you are getting your mon involved in your exercise, too. Everyone wins.

Lori--I love rain but storms, not so much. Especially if I am anywhere but home. We could sure use more--our poor farmers and ranchers are hurting. Hope WI went well.

Lori--yeah--no more ticker denial. I am fairly certain mine will not move this week but it's my own fault--so remind me when I am griping on Weds! I just had a munchie weekend--little bits here and there but definitely not the norm. Then ribs last night pretty much put me over the top. Another day. Congrats on your loss. I, too have problems "mixing it up" long recurring problem. Your menu sounds a lot like mine. They did add a half protein to see if it helps and I losing at about the same rate so my new favorite treat is a carmelcorn rice cake with 1 T peanut butter. Can you have 1 egg for breakfast and another boiled on your lunch salad? Just a thought. On nights we have red meat, DH's favorite dish is ground beef patty with sauteed mushrooms and onions--it helps when I get sick of salad (which lately is often), but you can also do it with chicken breast. I've been having the Activia yogurt for about a week now and it's only 4 oz so I also have a string cheese most days.

Angelica--great news on the bike--my girls love it when we ride with them, unfortunately for me it's little exercise and just fun.

Kristi--I had a rough weekend, too. Today is another day--we'll get back on track!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #1285  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Hi Klvan, I am in Portland too! I loved the thunderstorm! I am with ya on the weekend thing. It is hard to stick to plan on the weekends for me, but because it is so hard, I have made it a point to be as close to Op as possible! It takes a lil more focus on the weekends but I am getting better. I have cut out drinking for the most part, and I use tips from my free to live book a lot on the weekends.

I get weighed in tomorrow! I am hoping for at least another lb off since last weight in on thursday!
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #1286  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

My center recommended I use 1/2 a protein for bkfast and the other 1/2 for lunch. Like eggs, or egg substitute for bkfast and almonds at lunch.
Peanut butter. I had a whole list of 1/2 proteins. I'll see if I can put my hands on it. But pretty much that's what they suggested. Look at the proteins suggested for vegetarians.

I have this south beach recipe for "mock Oatmeal" I use. 1/4 c of LF ricotta (dairy) 1 egg or 1/4 c of egg substitute. Mix and add splenda cinnamon. Nuts if you wish. Cook in microwave for 3 minutes. It's not appealing to some, but it's filling and on program
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #1287  

Ljackson: I guess this goes back to my whole question on the protein. My center doesn't like for us to split them, but I do it in secret I just write as a whole protein in the lunch or dinner section. Today for example I had a little bit of egg for breakfast, and then I had a small piece of chicken for lunch. I know they don't want us to do that, but it has always worked for me.

My biggest problem is being so limited on startches, I hate that I can't have a startch will all 3 meals. Protein doesn't cut it for me, I always feel like I need a startch. I am always tempted to add in an extra startch but I don't want to do that because I haven't been exercising because of my foot. Next week I will try to start exercising again.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #1288  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Wow, KIvan, you and I have been OP for about the same time! I work in Vancouver, so I go to the Vancouver center. I started around the same time as you and am also 5 weeks going. I live in SE Portland! So far I have lost 11 lbs since joining. For special things like your birthday, anniversary, etc a lil cheating, in MY book, is ok. You deserve a lil bit if a reward on a special day, espcially when u are working so hard on losing weight all the time! Congrats on your anniversary!! I am actually kind of stoked to not only find someone who is local, but started around the same time as me! right on!

I went out last night and bought someof those kashi and luna bars. Man those are good! I prefer them over the lites anyday! I will still buy the product tho, so I can look forward to half of my money back! Now I know, that if I feel like I want something a lil different, I can get a quick Luna bar instead!
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #1289  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Hey, ladies! Well, I have been out of town for a week, and swamped since then. So I am going to have to go back and catch up on posts. It will take me a while, so in the mean time, let me say, "Glad to be back, and I'll write more later!"
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #1290  

Glad to have you back Erin! We missed you!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote