3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #1456
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Lisa--I know this is little consolation but I was exactly where you are for a very long time (and still awfully close!!). Luckily, everyone here kept me steady and as uplifted as I would allow myself to be. You are doing everything right and it will pay off--soon. I hated hearing that and I hate when my center starts with the old "the last 10 pounds are the toughest..." doesn't make it any easier but just know that we are all rooting for you and are here to pick you up in these times of frustration. Hang in there girl--
This was me in December, b&tching and moaning about the last few pounds, not thinking where Id gotten was good enough. Now, I wish Id just been satisfied since I started GAINING on LAWL...not losing is one thing..be happy youre not gaining.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #1457
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I am finally to the point where I am thrilled with my losses more often than not. Big step for me. I am having more of those "ah-ha" moments where I realize how far I have come since Christmas. I know that next week, going "home" will be great for me mentally because these are the people who will truly notice. DH gets mad and asks "how come me telling you, you look great isn't good enough?" I should be more grateful, but he told me that at my heaviest, too, so it's just not the same.

I can honestly say I feel better in so many ways--it's not just the physically looking better but I was getting concerned about my mental and emotional state--I was turning into a bitter person and I feel more like my old self again.

Deets--I know you want to drop a few more but you really look awesome and 136 is absolutely fabulous!! I hope your new changes do the trick. Our bodies can be so cruel sometimes.

Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #1458

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

The last 10 lbs are 'THE WORST' ....but seeing as my original goal was 150, these are my second set of 'last 10lbs'.

I am trying to convince myself that my body has decided it doesn't really want to dip below 141-142. Now if I can just convince my brain

Think I may have developed body dysmorphic disorder - because I really don't see myself as any slimmer than I was 40lbs ago.

-S

Mini Goal
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #1459
Princess Heather

ok..another day and I am going to say I was 99.99% POP. I had a small kiddie size scoop of fat free sugar free lemon sorbet tonight..but that was my only cheat today! We even went out to dinner and I didn't munch on my DFS's meal.

Ready for the challenge this weekend and begin my pattern of summer eating on plan. I have to really make myself do it because it's so easy for me not to eat when I am home. My home scale is really kind to me today...just not going to change the ticker until I see the SCOD's scale. I WI Sat..or tomorrow if I am out and about!

CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #1460
on LAWL

Sznn--post us some before and afters--we'll sure be able to tell you exactly how much smaller you are. I swear I am sticking to my original goal of 150--there will be no more "Just 10 more's" for this gal--this last 10 is about to do me in

HeatherCP--love that "happy bunny" tickles me everytime! You can mark another day as POP--that little treat won't even factor in. You should start monthly calendar with big red hearts for every day you are OP--I have one with "W" for days I walk so I have to see it everyone--no "W" for my lazy butt today though. I am so thrilled you didn't give up on yourself and now you are doing great. WOOHOO. Can't wait to see that ticker move after WI.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:50 PM   #1461

Quote:
I am finally to the point where I am thrilled with my losses more often than not. Big step for me. I am having more of those "ah-ha" moments where I realize how far I have come since Christmas. I know that next week, going "home" will be great for me mentally because these are the people who will truly notice. DH gets mad and asks "how come me telling you, you look great isn't good enough?" I should be more grateful, but he told me that at my heaviest, too, so it's just not the same.

Deets--I know you want to drop a few more but you really look awesome and 136 is absolutely fabulous!! I hope your new changes do the trick. Our bodies can be so cruel sometimes.
Have you lost all of your weight since Christmas?
I really haven't been very successful, if you think about it. I started in January and have really only lost a little over 15 pounds! I know I didn't have tons to lose to begin with.....but really! I need to get with the program!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 AM   #1462
on LAWL

Yeah--DH and I officially started Dec. 30th. He's already well into stabilization and lost over 40lbs (232-191) So not fair! I really think it's taken you longer because you were already so much smaller to begin with. I think when you consider what you started at then your losses have been great. And if you think you haven't always been on plan then your losses are all the sweeter!

Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #1463
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Lea ann- I can't believe you lost all that since christmas, I started at the same place you did back in the beginning of October and you are already ahead of me. You should be very proud.
They never took any before pictures of me at my COD- I did not know they were supposed to until I came to these boards- now I am mad that they didn't. I did not either because a few years ago I tried to do Body for Life and I had my husband take before and during pictures of me in my bathing suit. I only made it 9 weeks. I was afraid to jinx myself by doing that again.
I see the difference when I look at pictures, but I still feel as fat. Right now my stomach feel absolutely huge. Today when I went shopping all I could see in the mirrors was the fat and rolls I still have around my middle.

NSV though- I bought a bra 36c that is a racer back style that closes in the front. I have not worn one of those since high school. I feels so weird to have a bra that fits- I did not realize how stretched out my old ones were.

Well good night everyone- tomorrow is another day

Lisa
Old 05-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #1464
banned

Quote:
I am finally to the point where I am thrilled with my losses more often than not. Big step for me.

Im so happy for you!!!!

PS- Im not 136, that was at the BEGINNING of my stabilization/gaining phase...I actually would be thrilled to be 136, the lowest Ive gotten in 2 months is 137 and thats usually just for one day, ive been as high as 140 in recent weeks.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #1465
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljackson
Lea ann- I can't believe you lost all that since christmas, I started at the same place you did back in the beginning of October and you are already ahead of me. You should be very proud.
They never took any before pictures of me at my COD- I did not know they were supposed to until I came to these boards- now I am mad that they didn't. I did not either because a few years ago I tried to do Body for Life and I had my husband take before and during pictures of me in my bathing suit. I only made it 9 weeks. I was afraid to jinx myself by doing that again.
I see the difference when I look at pictures, but I still feel as fat. Right now my stomach feel absolutely huge. Today when I went shopping all I could see in the mirrors was the fat and rolls I still have around my middle.

NSV though- I bought a bra 36c that is a racer back style that closes in the front. I have not worn one of those since high school. I feels so weird to have a bra that fits- I did not realize how stretched out my old ones were.

Well good night everyone- tomorrow is another day

Lisa

I think its something in the atmosphere, I am totally feeling the same way
Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #1466

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

katie~ im so sorry about the ring...i can see how special it was to you, i hope that by some slight chance you can still find it. BL family challenge sounds like a great idea,i wish i was in your family!

rebeca~ruff ruff....yummy...haha...he will be 18 in no time, then its no crime!
it sounds like you and SIL are finally getting along, how is her weight loss going?

pink~ welcome lady, keep up the spirit, you will get through it...

boo~ i know what you mean, i remember when i was thinner how it just felt good being in my own skin...anyone have that feeling...i was happy to be me! i also remember being heavy and bitter...phsychologically unstable in a sense...the sadness about my weight transfered into anger...i still remember it as a very painful time in my life...i had moved out of my parents house, and moved in with a bf...which my parents couldnt stand, my father refused to associate with me, the pressure of paying bills and growning up hit me like a bag of bricks, we couldnt afford to live, we got a dog that tore the house up into pieces and pee'd everywhere (shes not with me, but she still is a bad puppy, although i love her anyway) i started to fail out of college, and all within 1 year i gained 50pounds....i also went with a radical haircut, shorted then demi moore in ghost...so once i gained the weight and my face filled up i didnt look so pretty with no hair...bf's grandmother past away, they were really close...me and bf were so distant, no intimacy, fighting everyday...i reached out to him and got nothing in return...all combined, i was soooo depressed, especially that all my friends were gone, the relationship took a tole on every aspect of my life...then i got into this school, only because they didnt look at the grades in my spring semester, b/c i was still in it...and i got accepted...i guess i just associate that time of my life, being overweight with the worste memories...its painful to think of where i was 3 years ago, and where i am now...

on a better note, i passed another final yesterday, i have a biggie on monday...im so nervous my stomachs in knots for weeks...and the migraines came back from the stress...wait, i said a better note! haha...3.5wks left here!!!!! woooohoooooo!! im almost done, summers here...yey ladies! have a great day, TGIF!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #1467

Good Morning ladies-

I am not happy with my scale! Last night I cooked for DH and made a whole wheat pasta strogonoff (sp) and had one cup of eat at almost 12am! The scale wasnt nice to me this morning! DH ate the whole pan with corn and veggies, then had a pb and j sandwich and did not gain an OUNCE!

Just an update SIL has lost 11lbs in two weeks! Monday is our next WI! She is thrilled and we can see the difference already!

Aggie- Of course you passed! You are so smart girlfriend! You dont need any luck! I am excited that summer is comming for you because mine is being taken away with MAT 101!

One kiss for every 5lbs lost...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #1468
PurpleSunshine

Hey chickies!!!

Congrats to Debbie and Joan for there wonderful losses!!

Boo - I'm with you girl - no more than 145 and I'm a "doner".......

Aggie - Congrats on all the finals except the one being over - don't let it stress you - just relax and you will do so much better..... So do you go back to NY in 3.5 weeks?? I know you are so excited if that is the case....

Well, my morning is going good so far. I went to the gym yesterday and I ran again for 15 minutes (2 mins was fast walking to catch my breath a little)- I did 2 incline this time so I could make it. I actually had one of the guys that runs all the time come over and make a comment to me telling me I was doing great!! Boy that felt good - and shhh, don't tell my DH - but he is a hottie!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 AM   #1469
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! Well, another POP day for me! I bought my camping groceries last night, and I bought a lot of healthy stuff, hardly any junk. I even bought my kids light juice. This is one camping trip that I am going to be able to stay OP, feel good, and NOT get an upset tummy. So excited. We are leaving at 7:00 tonight, and coming home on Monday night.

Aggie- You know, even though it hurts to recall and talk about those memories, it really helps to heal old wounds. Glad you could talk to us about it instead of holding it in. We all make mistakes when we are very young, and then we grow up. Well, most of us do. My inlaws, well, that is another story, LOL. Anyway, you are an amazing person, living out a dream, living in Europe, going to med school, be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. You are doing great!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #1470
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey, Heather, great job on the running, and the hottie!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote