Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #1231  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Wow, I am way far behind in my reading, so this will definitely have to be a general post!!

to all the newbies!

Congratulations to all the WL losers!

I don't remember who posted about her center being on appointment only. I just wanted you to know that my COD is also going to be doing that. Starting in two weeks. I told the manager that I'm not an appointment type person, because something is always coming up. She said that they would work with me the best that they could. Also, the WI would be once per week, by appointment, instead of 3x. That's not so bad. The girl today had mentioned about the appointments only coming up, and I told her that if I HAVE to commit to a day for appointments, I want first thing Saturday morning. We shall see how that goes!! I have mixed feelings about it too.

Well, speaking of COD, I had WI today, and am down 2.2 since Tuesday! Yayyy! Finally, by next week, I hopefully will be hitting the 180's.

I did ask at the COD again about my plan. (I'm currently on blue w/lites). When i was there Tues. they said that they would check with the nutritionist about possibly moving me. Maybe to Gold. I explained that my schedule really is no more hectic than anyone elses. Sooo, we shall see. Now that it's out there, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to give up 1/2 P and 1 S!

Oh well, enough about me.

Have a GREAT POP day Everyone!!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #1232  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Gosh, thanks everyone for the support. It's great to hear others have been where I am. I'll keep posting
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #1233  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sherry--YEAH on the 2 lbs and especially YEAH!!! that you posted- I haven't seen you in ages and am sooooo glad things are going well. Again, CONGRATS on the loss!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #1234  

Well ya'll have a good day, I am off to a luncheon for my cousin's bachelorette party. The challenge will be staying as close to plan as possible.

Repo: funny comment about the COD consitently being inconsistent
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #1235  

Stiesta and Aggie: The DaVinci Code was awesome! I read the book a couple of years ago, and I think they did a great job with the movie. It is a very complicated book, and I'm sure it was tough to condense. The special effects were very cool. It is such an interesting story. I have read several other books since that one to learn more about the historical aspects of the story. Some of it is purely fiction, but a lot of it has at least some historical evidence to back it up. Really made me think.

Hooray-I am off TO!!!!! It always takes a couple of days to show a loss, but I missed my starches!

I plan to not injure any part of my body this weekend. Here's hoping! Since I turned 30 I have been a walking disaster!

Have a great POP day everyone!

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #1236  

Yoga,

I loved how they combined the past (i.e. Sir Isaac Newton's funeral) with Robert Landgon telling the story...that was really clever I thought. Did you ever read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail?" It was really good -- that's the book that sued Dan Brown because he basically lifted everything from their book. It's a great read, very historically interesting. Glad you liked it!

Be careful this weekend!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #1237  

Stiesta-I did read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", very interesting stuff. Have you read "Angels and Demons"?

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #1238  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2006
stargrazer~ congrats on the poundage...i wish i was at 171...your doing great...so you got past a plateau with TO? cause im nervous im gonna plateau soon, consistent weight loss isnt my thing!
Aggie... I hear ya and I know what you're saying. Lately I've been 1 pound up, 1.5 pounds down. Its frustrating to say the least.

I did the TO with Cantalope rather than the juice. It seems to have done something. And I was so discouraged on Wednesday...

Keep at it. I'm back to a 12 to 14 already.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #1239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_gurl
Stiesta-I did read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", very interesting stuff. Have you read "Angels and Demons"?

Kristi
Yes, I did read it. Didn't have the same excitement/uniqueness for me that Da Vinci did. I liked it though. He's a good writer.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #1240  
on LAWL

Deets--do you have the scales that show body fat, water weight, etc? How do they work and do you think it's accurate? If so, what brand do you have? thanks a bunch!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #1241  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Deets--do you have the scales that show body fat, water weight, etc? How do they work and do you think it's accurate? If so, what brand do you have? thanks a bunch!
I have a Tanita...I got it for like $60 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It measures to the .2 and does the water weight, fat%. I like it, it seems accurate but what do I know, LOL! I like when you can see that youre up, but that your water% is higher, kinda helps keep things in perspective. I just dont really know what %'s are "normal" to judge...just know what my normal is.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #1242  
on LAWL

Thanks--I want to look into one. Seems interesting if I know what it's talking about! Not sure I want to know my body fat but probably should. After you get started on your daily water can you really see a change?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #1243  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

You can see a change when youre retaining water or fluctuating with that. I dont weigh after drinking water, each 16oz Poland Spring weighs a full pound...thats ok!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #1244  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Boo- You look awesome in those jeans. You should be proud, and make sure to strut with your head high.
Katie- WTG on the 9 lbs. You are doing awesome!!

Angelica- I hope that you get to feeling better. Sending you for the easy surgery and some relief before the surgery.

Yoga- Hope that ankle is getting better. Last week, a friend of mine was walking down some stairs in high heels and no hand rail. She twisted her ankle and fell, tried to get up and finish going down the stairs and went down again. Found out that she broke her ankle and had to have surgery on it.

Aggie- Good luck on those finals girl. You will do good, I know it. How is Nikita doing?

Smoke- So sorry that you can't find something that will work for you. Have you had food allergy tests done? They say that you can't lose if you are eating foods you are allergic to.

Lori- Wow, you will be in onederland in no time flat!!!

Sherry- 2.2 lbs. AWESOME

Milca- Hope you are getting settled into your new house now.

Stiesta- Hopefully things will go smoother now and that house of yours will get sold really soon.

Welcome to the newbies and anybody else I may have missed.

I have been lazy this week. I only went to WI one day this week. My COD is short 3 counselors right now and the last few times I have had to wait 20-30 minutes to get in. Normally it's only 5-10 minutes. I hate waiting like that, there is so many other things I could be doing. Anyway, I only lost .6 this week. I know that it's still a loss, but I am starting to lose focus. I am going to do TO on Mon. and Tue. to see if I can get my head back in the game. I wanted to be under 200 by our family reunion June 17-18. That's not going to happen now. On the good side, I have officially gone down another size in jeans. If my butt and thighs would catch up to the top half of me, I would be one happy camper.

MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:43 AM   #1245  

Hey Deets,
You mentioned the Kashi Go Lean krunch bars a while back.
What stores have you found them in?
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote