Old 05-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #1441  

pink- Sorry about TOM...but sometimes I can get up to 5lbs in just water weight! During the TOM week try not to worry too much about it! I promise it will go away soon... For me is 3-5 days before and the week, but the week after it all goes away! I am proud of you, you are doing sooo wonderful OP! Send your PERFECT on plan vibes my way...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #1442  

MIlca WHERE ARE YOU???? We missed you! Good luck on the house and let us know how its turning out... I am sending lots and lots of good vibes your way!

Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #1443  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Rebeca, that's what Im talkin about! Great encouragement right there! No lie! THANK YOU!!! It really is comforting to know that the ol TOM really does affect it that much. I am positive thats the problem because like I have said, I have been very hardcore strict w/ myself according to plan. Lets see if after Memorial Day weekend I am still ok? I pray so!! The day I hit 195 will be a great one!

Last edited by PinkHibiscus; 05-25-2006 at 04:39 PM.
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #1444  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Pink- Sorry you are frustrated. I have been there too. And it also seems like the stalls always happen when you are straddling a decade or a milestone. Very rude, I know. When I stall out for a while, I take a little comfort in what Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer said. He said that when the body stalls in its weight loss, it is readjusting to the new weight. You have too much blood, your organs need to change accordingly, as do hormone levels. Sometimes it takes a little time, but keep to the faith, you cannot possibly eat as well as you are without getting some benefit, even if it takes a while.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #1445  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lea Ann- Happy birthday!! Way cute picture of you and you DD.

Rebecca- I'm with everybody else- You're brother is definitely a hottie!! Great job on the exercise.

Katie- I think that is a wonderful idea to get your family involved without seeming too pushy.

Joan- great job on the loss.

Lisa-Boo-Heather- sending you lots of your way. You guys have come so far and are doing wonderful even though that darn scale isn't moving!!

Pink- Hang in there. You are doing great. I bet when TOM is over the whoosh fairy will give you a visit!!

Aggie- Good luck with the rest of your finals. You will make it!

HeatherCP- YAY on the last day of school, hopefully the rest of the day was fairly uneventful for you.

Went to WI today and am down 2.4 from Monday. Am down a total of 45.2 so far. Afterwards, I ran some errands and since it is such a beautiful day I took a long walk on the river trail. It was so cool because all the birds are out and the wild flowers are blooming. Very relaxing and invigorating.

MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #1446  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
When I stall out for a while, I take a little comfort in what Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer said. He said that when the body stalls in its weight loss, it is readjusting to the new weight. You have too much blood, your organs need to change accordingly, as do hormone levels. Sometimes it takes a little time, but keep to the faith, you cannot possibly eat as well as you are without getting some benefit, even if it takes a while.
This is VERY good information. And it makes sense.

Pink, don't worry, I've been there too. Apparently my body is very food sensitive, one small slip and I get Nailed. Even something as simple as something with a bit more salt in it. Sheesh it can be soooo frustrating.

Keep at it, it WILL come off. Look at me... down 34 and losing...
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #1447  

Hey Boo's Mom! I've had some experience with ball point ink on a leather sofa. Hairspray works best. Spray it on and let it sit for a minute. Then rinse off the white stuff with warm water. Don't rub very much though because that could take off the leather color and finish, too. (Actually perfume will also work. It's the alcohol.)

Best advice is to test the hair spray or perfume on a small area that won't show. If that's ok, then go for the ink stain. The longer the stain sets the more difficult it is to get out.

Good luck!!
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #1448  

Katie, I love your idea about the Family Challenge! It sounds like a lot of fun! Very creative!!
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #1449  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

THANK YOU EVERYONE! You have really helped me! I decided to take my lunch break and head up to my center. I needed there scale just to be sure! Last time I weighed in, I was NOT TOM and I weighed in @ 197.00. Today I broke away from work and weighed in (also stocked up on snacks and bars for the holiday weekend) I was very pleased to say that I was only 197.4. Hey, 4 ounces is better then 2 lbs! I havent lost, but thats ok....I am sure TOM will leave and I will be alright next week I hope! My favorite counselor saw me today and told me I am doing awesome and gave me some encouragement, so that made me feel better... but what really helped was the support here! I appreciate it so much, thanks a ton gals, u have no idea how thankful I am for this board. I wish I had joined it sooner rather then jsut lurkin! ha! Picked up a kewl lil booklet at the center too...full of recipes. I will post some later on. Again girls, thanks!! Repo....that lil info u shared helps too. Very comforting when the scale wont budge!
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #1450  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Repo- what you said makes sense- I feel better after reading that. I hope that is what my body is doing. I love your idea about the family BL contest too! I wish my family lived closer because that would be so fun to do with them.
I am trying to get my sister on this plan. She was doing WW and lost 10-15 pounds which is what inspired me to do LAWL (I tried WW, but I didn't like it at all) She has since fallen off track and I have passed her up in the weight loss. Now she is down and discouraged. I told her I would give her all my info and she could do Luna bars. She is a teacher and said maybe when school is out- things are too crazy now. That is how I always used to be- making excuses- but there is always going to be craziness in life- you just have to do it.
I hope she considers it- I would love to have an actual person in the flesh that I can do this with. Not that you guys aren't great- you are
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #1451  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joan--WTG on the loss!

Pink--I certainly am up pre and during TOM--never fails. This time I am really hitting the lemon water and it seems to be helping. It will come off--it HAS to. I am now in competition with my own body to see who can hold out the longest!! I'm a stubborn one. You'll be at 195 in no time, then you'll say "when I get to 190 will be a great day" and so on and so on--that's what keeps us going.

Debbie--awesome job on the 2.4!! WOW. I wish I was there to walk with you--it sounds beautiful!!! Your vivid description gives a perfect picture. It's already hot as **** here so I won't think about walking til dark or early, early morning.

I blew it tonight--we ended up at Texas Roadhouse instead of Jason's and I was NOT a good girl. Oh well--you only get one a year so what the heck. Ribs and rolls!!! I did have a salad with dressing on the side if that helps balance anything out. One weird thing though--I used to could clean my plate like all good girls but now I share an entree with DD and still bring home over half the meat--this has to be a good sign.

On to the next page!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #1452  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--I think we are so similar--I have a sister doing WW and not doing well--gave her everything I have and am just hoping she reads it all and in her good time decides to join me. It's funny though, when I told her I was kicking myself for not starting when MIL did she joked that that's what she would be saying when I lost and now she is. Since we are so close in beginning and current weight one thing that has really helped me lately (as far as attitude not WL!) is seeing my before picture in my file--I never see what I look like now until I compare myself to that photo. Sad thing is I was wearing my most favorite jeans and shirt and thought I looked pretty dang good that day --now I think GROSS!!

Great NSV--even though the scales aren't really moving (realized today I am down 3 for the past month!) my body must be. Went shopping today for our trips and every size 10 short, jean, capri fit fine (notice I said FINE--some are still nicer than others) regardless of brand or store. So that was pretty exciting.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #1453  

ljackson: good point about people always making excuses. I find myself doing that alot too. I am always on the look out for a miracle cure. I often forget that losing weight takes a lot of work. I have to work double hard because I am hypothyroid so my loss is always very small if any. I work as a speech therapist in a school so I too am very busy so I know what your sister is saying, but like you said life is always crazy. I hope she decides to join you too.

Last edited by haylo921; 05-25-2006 at 09:50 PM.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #1454  

Hi all--I haven't been a "very good girl" and have beenstying away from the posts---GUILT GUILT GUILT

I feel readyto get back on track though and will be on pop this whole weekend. COD on Monday. I am going to owe them money because I think I am out of weeks really soon! I don't want to maintain until I am at 140!
I hope to get there soon!! This is so hard, and I don't want to learn MAINTENANCE until I am at 140. (145 is where I would like to be, but want some pounds to be "flexible" with)

HOPE EVERYONE IS GOOD! I have missed you guys without reading posts or posting for a few days.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #1455  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom

Deets--did you make a decision on the Nutrisystem? Did you guys start after Labor Day? They are wanting to go to that in both Texas and Arizona--we'll see. I've never gone to school in June so it's weird for the teachers that have never done it.
Im combining foods differently according to their nutritional structure, using different foods than I normally eat, trying to see if this helps. Our kids started a few days before September 1st and go through the third week in June!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote