Old 05-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb LAWL-Memorial Weekend Challenge

Okay Ladies-

There have been a lot of us struggling with the weekends. I know for me-Saturdays have been especially difficult with cravings and my "notion" that I deserve to indulge myself after an especially long walk. Fitday is cool and all-but when I discover that I burned almost 1000 cals on my walk on saturday-I get it in my head that I DESERVE pizza-and then I think about it and fight it and, usually, give in to the craving that is now bigger than me. It's ridiculous.

So-I'm looking for you ladies that are in the same boat and have been having a hard time on the weekends. Let's keep it a short goal-4 weekend/holiday days POP . . .whaddaya say? Friday through Monday. Maybe if we can fight through 1 weekend (and a difficult one at that) then we can gather momentum to get through more.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Julie I am with you Friday ~ Monday POP????? I think I will start planning now lol.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #3  
Losing the Weight!

Count me in. I'll have a 5 day weekend this week because I'm taking Thrus and Fri. from my vacation days, but I'll go Friday to Monday POP!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #4  
Princess Heather

Ok..I am up for a good challenge. Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon POP!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I am so in. We are going camping Friday-Monday. I really do not want to blow it just because we are not going to be home. I really need to plan my menu well, pack my scale and measuring cups, lots of water, and vow to be OP, no matter what.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Great! We're getting quite a group together!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I can do this!! We are only going to be gone part of the weekend--I certainly can't afford to GAIN since my scale hasn't moved in too many weeks to mention. I think my body is VERY content with this number because I fluctuate every morning between 159.2 and 160--for days and weeks now. UGH. Note to self--no more complaining.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

Oh I'm in on this one as well - I can do it!! - NOt that I will see any scale results, but I can do it!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #9  

I will definatly join up. Sounds like an excellent idea. Friday and sat will be a definate challenge since friday I am going to a rehersal dinner for my cousin and sat. is the wedding but I know what they are serving and it isn't bad (fish, potato, veg). I think friday will be the most difficult since I have no idea what they have selected but it's at a barbeque place so it should be fine.

Biggest challenge for me:........................ limit the bread
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Heehee! Yeah Heather-that's a positive attitude But maybe the scale will surprise you-who knows?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #11  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I am in- what do we have to do? Just be good?
We are going to a BBQ on Sunday and out with the family for pizza on Monday-SIL is in town for the weekend and wants good Chicago pizza.
It is supposed to be really nice out all weekend so I hope to get in some extra exercise.
Just tell me what I need to do- I need to be kept accountable
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #12  
Let's try this again . .

ljackson-just follow the plan-no cheats!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #13  
Twin Mommi

Juliemarie,
you must of been reading my mind. I was just on the phone talking to a friend that is on LAWL now and we were talking about how bad we are on the weekends and what can we do to .... move away from the kitchen... when we are having a craving.

Like you I feel the craving is bigger than me and I always give in even though i will regret doing it. I think my biggest mistakes are I have more starches on the weekend than i do when i am work... at work i have nothing there to fix my craving... i wish there was something that i can do to tell myself i really do not need that.... cracker, ice cream, graham cracker etc.... I do not know why i THINK i need it. UGH!! it is very frustrating.

I will tel you that i will be good and I love this challenge but when i am in the moment and its something i really want and it is right in front of me it is VERY HARD for me not to eat it... but with that said... If I commit to you wonderful ladies that I won't do it... I will get a pc of fruit or gum instead... i feel like i do so good all week and then i take 3 steps backwards on the weekens... i think i am ready to STOP that cycle!!! i only have 6 lbs to goal.... I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

thanks for all your support ladies... I love coming out here and I know I am not alone on this weighloss journey and that there are others struggling with the same issues as me!!!
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #14  
Twin Mommi

oh and by the way I am In! :-)

ljackson: I know how hard it will be NOT to eat that chicago pizza.. I am a chicago girl... we would of been neighbors... I lived in Woodridge!!! we would go shopping all the time to "Fox Valley" (if its still there) I have been down in NC for almost 20 yrs now... WOW!!!
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Have you guys tried SF Werthers Originals candy? They are sooooo good. Also, don't forget SF popsicles. They can kill a craving for me in no time.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote