3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #1426
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Heather- Boo wasn't too far off with her comment! But I'm at work and trying to contain myself. Though I'm obviously not getting much work done! I think I need to set up that pic as my screensaver . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #1427
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I forgot too - Happy Birthday, Lea Ann!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #1428
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, I had a stroke of genius and sent this email out to my family. Tell me what you think:

Announcing the most exciting family event ever! I am proposing a family Biggest Loser challenge that will start on June 1st and run until September 1st. We are going to drop A TON of weight, and feel awesome. Since we are a group of "Get it done" kind of people, I know that it is possible. We are such a close knit family, always helping each other out. This is going to be fun, inspiring, and worthwhile. We are going to be there for each other to encourage, cheer on, exercise with, and we are all going to get healthy.

This is how it will work: Every Tuesday night at cards, we will each weigh in. Our weights will be recorded in a binder that will be kept at mom and dad's house. Each time we weigh, we will each place $1.00 in an envelope that will be stored in dad's safe. A weekly weigh in will keep us all accountable, and give us a chance to monitor how we are doing. At the end of each month, we will tally the % of body weight each of us has lost, then the winner for the month will get the money from the envelope. At the last weigh in, on September 1st, we will each put $5.00 in the envelope, so that the final winner will get a larger pot.

Now, I know you all are excited about entering into the challenge and showing us what you are made of. So you are probably asking, what's next? If you are in for the challenge, simply reply by phone or email, and I will provide you with a contract to sign that will be kept in the official binder, show up to the first weigh in, and we will be off and running!

Come on everybody, we deserve to be healthy, happy, and to feel great!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #1429
PurpleSunshine

Great idea Katie - came across wonderful and very subtle - not pushy in any kind of way!!!

JM - Okay girl - go get the windex - or screen cleaner - we can't see you anymomre - must be all the dried slobber!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #1430
Katie

Okay HeatherPP- You have inspired me! I have an appointment to enroll at World Gym on Wednesday morning. They have a ton of equipment, classes, babysitting and tanning. I really want to get a personal trainer too, but I will have to wait a while. It is going to cost me $125.00 to join the gym, then $25.00 a month after that. The personal trainer is $150.00 for six 30 minute sessions. Maybe that is what I should ask DH to get me for my birthday next month. Anyway, I am excited. This gym is new to our town, and the only one, so I hope it is good. What do you guys pay for your gym memberships?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #1431
PurpleSunshine

My membership to the gym is about the same - I pay $25/month as well and I think it was a $50 sign up fee - the normal cost is 35/month but I got a break by knowing someone who worked there!! Thank Goodness - now my PT is definitely $$ - I told him he is going to have to cut me a break if he wants me to continue - he said he would make me a good deal - I kind of feel like I'm his challenge - challenging himself to see how far he can get me - I swear he works me harder every time I go
I'm so happy for you - It will make you feel sooooo much better in general and about yourself - but just know - the scale won't move as fast - weight training and the scale # are definitely not very good friends.....
Old 05-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #1432
PurpleSunshine

Oh I forgot to tell you guys. After gymnastics last night - we had to go to Wal-mart to get some pull-ups. Well, I was out of SF candy and I like to have at least one piece after my lunch - keeps me from having major afternoon cravings. Well I hit the SF aisle - and boy did I hit it hard. I think I got like 7 bags of different stuff - but each one was only like 1.50 - I was psyched....
I got russell stover - almond delights, pecan delights, tootsie pops,starmints and crystal light hard candy........I'm excited about it - can you tell????

trust me I won't eat it all at once....promise
Old 05-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #1433

I am stading here laughing at your guyz...I am guessing you enjoyed the pic!

My brother is one of the coolest guy, he is shy, and quiet but fun and up to anything... He is my mother's soul mate...So, she has him wrapped around her finger so he does everything to please her..its so cute! Now me and my father are the ones that click! Isnt it funny how parents have that one child that they just click with?

One kiss for every 5lbs lost...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #1434

katie- ITs and excellent idea about the challenge... You are AWESOME!

One kiss for every 5lbs lost...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #1435
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Thanks chicks for the well wishes--I'm not fond of birthdays anymore but dislike the alternative even more!

Lori--you're right--baby steps for me--against my will nonetheless! I'll take ounces down rather than up!

Katie--great idea for a family challenge--you should have done it 60 lbs ago so you could've won the $$ (I know you though and you'd rather everyone else do well). Great job on the gym.

HeatherPP--I need my SF candy fix nowadays, too. My favorite is the coffee nips and carmael nips!

My Walmart didn't have the sun dried tomato pesto, only basil--gotta check out Amarillo tonight--bummer--I'm all ready for Katie's latest pita idea.

I hope Dairy Fairy contained herself last night when Taylor won! I think her DH needs to go early gray!

Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #1436
Katie

Oh, yeah, I wondered if her vacuum won.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #1437

Rebecca: nice pic of your brother. To bad I an not ten years younger.

Well I messed up today with my lunch. We have been having pizza party's all day yesterday and today for the kids who come to speech therapy and boy am I drained. It started at ten for the kinders and finished about 1:00 by the time it was the fifth grader turn. Anyways, I was so hungry I ended up eating two pieces of pizza. Good thing is was made by the school cafeteria so it wasn't greasy or anything.

Janelle
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #1438
Losing the Weight!

Well, all Another Good WI. I had gained on Monday, back to 172 but Wednesday I'm down to 170!!!!

Congrats to all who have lost!.

Late Happy Birthday Boos. Sorry I missed that!

35 pounds to Go!!!!! YEAH!!!!

LONG TERM GOAL:
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #1439
Katie

WTG Joan!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #1440

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Well I need some encouragment from you wonderful ladies. I keep be-boppin between 200-197! I was finally on the way down weight wise when my dreaded TOM came! I have been POP for almost 2 weeks! I mean PERFECT! I am not losing nothing this week. Nothing! How is this possible? Is it this stupid TOM? I havent been able to make it into the center this week, which is a first for me due to insane overtime hours at work. I have tried to eat my starches in the am and split my proteins up thru out the day and it has helped before...this time, I dunno. I am weighing myself daily. I really just need some encouragement gals. I cant wait until I can get the **** away from that stupid 200!!!!

THE ULTIMATE GOAL!!

PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote