Old 08-26-2005, 08:56 AM   #646  

Default Tgif

Home - Abs & Buns
Gym - - 40 minutes - 5 minutes
Thigh machine for good measure
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #647  

Kathy Smith step tape. Killer. I only got thru the warm up and the beginner level. And that was with my arms down for some of the moves.

However, definately want to do it again!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:28 AM   #648  

Gym - Eliptical for 35 minutes
Treadmill - 12 mintues
Abs and Buns at home......
Oh-Rah.....
Old 08-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #649  

Mary -
The arms, are usually a real problem area. Sometimes the most neglected.

You have to really concentrate to correct this problem. I do 3 sets of becep curls, 12 reps each.... I use 5,6 & 8 pound weights.
The tricep is alittle harder to improve, but tricept push backs work well - same 3 sets, 12 reps. Also the tricep overhead drop down, where you hold the weight above your head with elbows in by ears and drop the weight behind you head down to your upper back......again 3 sets, 12 reps......
To see progress you should do 2 different exercises for both bi's and tri's.......and the results don't show overnight.....but it will happen......oh-rah.....
Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #650  
234/165.8/160

Hi ladies,

I walked 3.6 miles on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I forced my 16 year old son to go along with me Friday and Sunday (one because he has really been a bum this summer and it's starting to show and two because I was angry with him and decided to try my own version of boot camp). Anyway, he could barely keep up...that made me feel pretty good ;-) He said, "you do this everyday? This is hard"...I told him it was harder being the fat girl....
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #651  

Jen - Good for you - that is called creative punishment.......
Old 08-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #652  

Well skipped working out this a.m. - I felt like I needed this to be my weekly day off....
On those days, I take my time getting ready, drink coffee and watch tv before I leave for work - life of leisure.......
Last night I went and signed up for 8 weeks of Jazzercise, it's on M-W& T nights at 6pm.....I'm really looking forward to start it tomorrow night. I did it in the 80's and remember it as being totally fun and good exercise......I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #653  

Kathy Smith March to Fitness tape. Sweat buckets. It's an oldie but goodie -- had to just march in place at the end. ..

Julie
Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #654  

Default Wed -

Gym this a.m. - circuit train.....
First Jazzercise class tonight at 6pm - kinda excited, thinking of pulling out the leotard (full body) and the leg warmers, and ofcourse the headband.....take me back to the 80's..... the other jazzy chicks will think they entered a time warp.....
Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #655  

This a.m. Gym

last night - first Jazzercise class, only it was Body Sculpting with bands, light weifhts and ball. Good class, not too hard, but not easy....

One chick fell off the exercise ball - the instuctor said "it happens all the time"
Old 09-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #656  

And yet another Kathy Smith tape - this one started off with weights for upper body, so got in some aerobics and circuit training --

Star - I thought Jazzercise was all dance! Shows you what I know!

Julie
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 PM   #657  

Julie - Back in the day of leg warmers, it was all dance. To keep up with the more complicated variety of exercises it has added new phases. So to me that means - it's not all fun anymore....lol This is the new schedule:
Modnay - Cardio Quick
Wed. - Body Sculpting
Thrus - JAzzercise (the old fun kind)

lol....
Old 09-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #658  
234/165.8/160

Star-I've never been coordinated enough to do the dance class thing or step aerobics, I usually just wind up feeling like a fool and quitting. It looks like a lot of fun, but for others ;-) I did like water aerobics though, there was the uncomfortable bathing suit part, but you feel weightless in water and that's a great feeling!

Yesterday I walked 3 miles and bowled last night. Unfortunately, I went to a luncheon yesteray and wasn't in control of my menu, so I wound up with BBQ pulled pork, canned green beans and a salad...not bad choices, but I can feel the sodium and scale was up 1.2lbs this morning at home ;-( I'm drinking tons of water this morning to flush it out!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #659  

Jen - About the class thing, you aren't the same 'big' girl anymore. It's easier to be the 'skinny' uncoordinated chick in the front of the class than the 'big' uncoordinted chick in the back of the class. You know why? It's becuz you feel so much better about yourself - try new things with the 'new' you! Sermon over...lol

Today - Gym - cardio.....
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #660  

Height: 5' 4"

I'm always uncoordinated and clumbsy! I hate to let someone see me exercise.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote