Old 07-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #571  
234/165.8/160

hey fit chicks,

Exercise is still going well, but went to a party saturday night and did myself some serious (scale) damage. Monday walked 3.6 miles, Tuesday no exercise (went to see women's tennis tournament in cincy), Wednesday & Thursday, walked 3.6 miles each day. Friday, 45 minutes cario at gym and 20 minutes weight training, Saturday I walked 3.6 miles and Sunday was 50 minutes cardio at the gym and 20 minutes of weight training. I've got 33.5 days or so to undo the damage from Saturday before I repeat it again next week. We are heading to Iowa to visit family and always eat and drink ourselves silly!

Take care,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #572  

Hi Jen - Girl - you are killing me with your exercise plan - I'm ashamed of my measley routine now - boo-hoo. No really - you are doing awesome. I love it that you always have so much fun and are often in a state of repair - you and me would be dangerous together....lol I know this isn't right but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has a normal life and still attemps to do LAWL....lol

Mary - Girl - get rid of the spandex flip flops. Atleast when you are exercising - you are lucky you didn't kill yourself.....But keep up the workout!

Today was circuits with weights - tomorrow will be cardio......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM   #573  

Mary - Here' an idea for - how about going to the video store and renting some workout tapes there - just to find something you like? I don't know much about tv exercise shows becuz I work and have never taped anything. I'm sure you will find something. Can you watch tv from your treadmill?

This is the wrong thread - but congrats on coming to an agreement with DH about planning your family! Good for you on sticking to your guns, your health should come first in this whole issue, becuz without that you can't take care of two babies (well maybe three counting DH)....lol
Old 07-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #574  

Mary - I see your problem with the interstate noise.....lol If I were a stayed at home I know I would be tuned in to all the exercise shows. Most of the one's here are just starting when I have to be getting ready for work.....

And please save the Darwin awards for those chicks that don't exercise......
Old 07-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #575  

Hey getting-fit chicks...

30 min on the treadmill tonight - avg'ed about 3.0 speed (someimes 3.2, sometimes 2.8, but mostly 3.0) and 2.0% incline. Discovered that on the pre-programmed workouts on the treadmills at the new gym, there's no speed control! It was going at 3.5 and everytime I dialed it down, it sped back up again! That's me, not keeping up!!! So I gave up on that and was manually playing with all the buttons.

My exercise goal for the next two weeks is to get on the treadmill 3x/week, then in two weeks I'll be able to start riding again (hopefully) so I'm going to try and ride 3x and gym 2x/week.

Later, chickies! It's bedtime!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:51 AM   #576  

Gym this a.m. - Cardio day - same ole same ole......
Old 07-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #577  

Gym - Circuit Day - oh rah......
Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #578  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

You Chicks are great motivators! I had a session with my trainer today - did alot of suisse ball work. We are basically working on core stability because my back and ankle have been bothering me.

Walked into the high street yesterday to do my errands (about 2.5 miles round trip). I have been averaging 9,000 steps a day! YEAH!
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #579  

Mary -
Thanks for the thumbs up on my working out. I love to exercise, fat or thin.......but from now on it will be thin.....

about working out at a higher heartrate - rethink that please. If you work out too fast you are only gonna be buring blood sugars. If you work out at 65 to 75% of your target heart rate you will be burning stored body fat. What that means is you can probably slow down...... In this thread somewhere maybe mid-way we talk about this in detail....if I remember correctly.

Hugs -
Old 07-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #580  

This is a GREAT chart!!!

http://www.lifetimefitness.com/modul...ning_chart.pdf

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:18 AM   #581  

mary - can you put your feet on the side of the belt while you on your treadmill? If so then all you need to do is count your pluse for 10 seconds and add a zero......
I don't remember how old you are but what you said sounds right......
Old 07-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #582  

Gym this a.m. - Circuit train - 45 minutes and inner/outer thighs.......TGIF off til Monday.......Oh-Rah
Old 08-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #583  

Monday - August 1st - Circuit Train Weight day - and thigs.......
DH is hooking up the VCR today (hasn't been hooked us since we moved on April 1st) that means I will be able to do my ab tape and Bun Roller tape at home everyday again.......
Old 08-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #584  

Hi Star - how are you? Oh I'm good Star - glad to see you back.....lol

Cardio - 45 minutes treadmill at 4.0 - 3.25 miles
Beach Body AB tape
Bun and Thigh Roller
Old 08-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #585  

Height: 5' 4"

You are too funny Star....

I need to get motivated so I can be stubborn on the exercising. I just haven't managed to get started. I just need to get started enough to make it a routine. Once I do that, I will like the benefits of exercise and continue to do it. I actually like the way it makes me feel. It's just a pain to get started again......

Anyone have any ideas?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote