Old 10-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #361  

Kat - We eat with the Takeoff here in Michigan too.....Protein and veggies, no starches, no dairy, no bars.....

Dawn- You can do the TakeOff/Hollywood Diet once a month, BUT don't mix it with Absolute just water. I grew up in Detroit, but now live out in the country 50 miles from there.

Britt- I was born in Shelbyville TN... About the weight number and the men, all I tell DH is how much I lose (when I lose, if I gain I say nothing), gee thats sounds kinda less than honest huh? My DH is halfas_ doing Atkins, but he can't get the stick to turn mauve,pink or purple. But who knows what he eats at work? It's just as well becuz he can say the word "diet" out loud and lose 10 pounds - not fair!

Bye Chicks.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:49 PM   #362  

Just curious -Anyone else getting this?

Everytime I come on here, 3fatchicks site, up at the top there are those advertisements....Well almost always it's the one for "The Natural Bra." You know those soft plastic fake boobs? I'm so sick of that being up at the top of my screen-GRRR. Why couldn't it be an ad for a guy to enlarge something? But NO, I have to look at fake boobs all day.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #363  

Nope you didn't confuse me at all. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Ok, so things have really changed since I've been at LAWL. When I was there we did the TakeOff/Hollywood diet drink for 2 days and you didn't eat anything at all just the drink.

So....before I do anything then, i'll wait to get updated first. Wow, things have really changed!

If anyone wants to go ahead and explain how LAWL is now, i'd love to read it. When I was there, they only let me do the Gold Plan, which was so difficult but I did it. For some reason I think I had a snobbish center.
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #364  

So do they still have the 3 day diet anymore? The one where you eat nothing but protein and veggies from a specific list for 3 days? I hope you all don't mind me asking all these questions, but I definately will not go back to the center I can't afford it. Whatever information I can get i'll apply best I can.

Kat
Old 10-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #365  

Hi Kristi, what is the Green Plan? New to me.

Yup, we did the 2-day drink for 2 days total w/ no food whatsoever. But...when you went straight back into the program w/ no cheating I was able to maintain the loss (which was probably water anyway) and keep loosing.

Wow, it seems like LAWL has changed for the better. When I was there, I was starving. Actually when I had gone I was not familiar w/ LAWL so I believe everything they told me and I was so desparate to lose weight I did just about anything.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #366  

Man, I hope I can remember what everyone said after reading 2 pages of posts. I love it.

Kat: Here is how it started for me. 1 bottle of Take-Off Juice will last 2 days.

First 2 days: Unlimited Protein, unlimited green veggies and 1/2 of bottle of Take-Off Juice - LA's you have to add water - I can't remember when you drink the juice, but it gave you enough to drink 4 - 8oz glasses each day. I really love the taste of their Take Off Juice, but it's way to expensive.

Then, I started on the Gold Plan.

I was told that you can do the 'limited' take-off once every 2 weeks and it's not recommended to do it any more than that.

Kristi called it "The Limited" Take Off, here is how they told me to do it:

Breakfast
1/2 LA Lite Bar
Juice (4oz juice + 4oz of water)

Mid-Morning
1/2 LA Lite Bar
Juice (same as above)

Lunch
3 oz cooked limited protein (chicken/turkey/fish)
1 serving green veggie
Juice

Mid Afternoon
1/2 LA Lite Bar
Juice

Dinner
3 oz cooked limited protein
1/2 LA Lite

After doing take-off, the next 3 days you should have NO BEEF, PORK or TUNA, and NO LIMITED STARCH

Star, I'm with you if I had to share the numbers with the DH, I'd have to do what you said! ROL-LMAF (hope I got that right). I do the same, if I'm down I share, if I'm up and if he thinks to ask, I'll share - otherwise, I just tell you understanding ladies!

Kat: Good luck trying to do it on your own. I'm sure some people have success, but I'm not one of those types of people. If you read some previous posts - each time I tried, I gained more weight. You've done great if you stopped a year ago. The people at your center were probably fired by now, so if you don't see success - you may want to decide to go back. But, you could buddy up with your friend and be accountable to each other. And, of course - your always welcomed here!

Got to go now, just had a few minutes to post. I'll write more tomorrow!

~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:34 PM   #367  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Evening all i would just like to say that i have my keith urban cd in my hot little hands as we speak, type whatever lol ok wait well if i have to be truthful here its on the desk and im eating a sub from subway lol. Im so glad they are on the list.

Kat if you want i can email you the LAWL plans i got off ebay just send me a message with your email address and ill try to do it tomorrow when i get to work.

Kristi i hear ya about not wanting to work lol. But i have homework so i better get going.

everyone have a great evening talk to you later

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #368  

Thank you so much everyone. You help bunches. And I will be checking in here regularly if that's ok.

Have a great night.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #369  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey all and welcome back Kat! I could not keep that name as I love the Kit Kat bar!!! Good luck on the plan! I started on the gold with the two day juice thing with eating protein and veggies. I think I lost 3 pounds and was able to maintain. I started out wanting to loose 31 pounds. Then I started a couple weeks ago working out about 7 hours a week and started gaining almost instantly. So I had them put me on the red plan. So far this week I am down a pound and hopefully tommorrow I will be down more!!! Good luck and fire away on the questions!

Kristi-I can't beleive how well you are doing!! Your body must be so scared of you that it decided to submit! You go girl I hope my body will figure it out at some point!!!

Sy-You were down too at weigh in yesterday and wow you and Kristi are so close!!!

Star- no fake boobs here!!!

I took the kids to see Shark Tale and I was so proud I took my bottle of water and my LA Lite and munched on those instead of popcorn and m&m!!! It better pay off tommorrow is all I Can say! I still have to get my butt upstairs and exercise today so I better get but just wanted to stop by and say hi and I will post after weigh in!! Please think happy scale thoughts for me!!! Good night all!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:09 AM   #370  

Sammy, thanks for reminding me about the ad that Star says keeps popping up. And, you are doing great. Good Luck on the scales today!

Star, if you use Internet Explorer - there is a new download you can get from Microsoft that updates IE with more security stuff and has a built-in pop-up blocker where it's automatically disabled, but you can enable if you want to see the ads (and may need to enable it on some websites).

Be back later... Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:26 AM   #371  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Gals!

Does anyone know what the LA Slim Down drinks should count for? I got one in my prize package and was going to drink it for breakfast.

I'm thinking maybe a protein and a starch? But , I don't know. Help!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #372  

Default Let's do the Happy Dance, it's the weekend.....

Morning Chicks....

No weight loss news here, but I'm still the same. The way I see it a "maintain" is a good thing. Understanding that my metabolism is in a comma and won't come out, I'll take a "no gain" as a huge success (I'm very easily pleased).

Worked out at home today, bun & thigh tape, ab tape, 30 min treadmill, 30 minute recumbent bike. I still hate having to look at that Tatiana girl do the bun & thigh thing with those "hot pants & halter top" on Why couldn't they just have a normal slightly over-weight chick instead

Sammy - you did great at the movies. Crossing everything I can for your loss at weigh in today. You deserve it.

Kat - Sounds like you have enough info to get started. Good luck, let us know how you do.

Sy - Thanks so much for trying to help me get rid of the "boobs." I'll ask my computer guy here at work to help me. Hey you didn't tell me how tall you are?

Kristi - I think you will still lose on the Gold plan at 128. To maintain 130 pounds you would have to eat 1,835 calories a day. I looked all that up on the internet somewhere and wrote it down. If I could remember where it was I could look up what it is to maintain 125, but you know I am memory-challenged. You are doing great.

Britt- How is your new Keith Urban cd? I'm a country fan also. We were trying to figure out who is gonna be with Toby Keith tomorrow night. I have seen him several times and he always has a good new talent with him.

June - How's everything going with you and DH? Miss your posts.

Hi to all you chicks that I missed this time....

(((HUGS)))

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-08-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #373  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning all im just getting ready to leave work for school and thought i would pop in here and say hi. I will be going to the center after classes and i hope their scales are as nice as mine were this morning lol.

Kat you should be getting that email soon im going to do it before i leave i have it written down in front of me so i dont forget lol. I hope you find the info helpful.

Star the cd is playing as we speak and its great!!!! not to mention that he is HOT hehe anywho glad to see that your at maintaining you do a lot of exercise i still havent gotten into doing the exercise yet im crossing my fingers for next week im gonna make myself a chart lol.

Ok i gotta send that email and i its almost time to leave so i better get going. Talk to everyone late have a great day.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #374  
191.8/168.2/160

Boy, I am loving my new Health O Meter scale! I weighed this morning and it said I was back down to 182.2!!!!!

I just hope it's right. We will see tomorrow when I go for my weigh in.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #375  

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!

Did you miss me???

Wow, I can't believe I dropped out for a week, and you guys managed to fill nine pages of posts!!! I'm not EVEN going to try and address each of you individually after reading all that - suffice it to say "sounds like you are all doing great!" :

Hello to all the new faces in the last week as well!

So what happened to me??? I went AWOL from the program starting last Saturday, lol. Being in my RE class sent me back five years into all my old college eating habits - no breakfast, lots of caffeine (the green and sugary kind, not the dark roast kind!), bad choices at lunch - well not SO bad, but pop and cookies in addition to my sandwich or salad. And for whatever reason, once Monday rolled around I just kept on that way - skimping a LOT on my fruits and veggies, not doing my diary, and drinking 2-3 cans of Mt. Dew a day. And not weighing in, either.

So I FINALLY got my act together (feels like it's been a month, not just a week) and weighed in yesterday afternoon, mostly because I was down to my last two Lite bars - lol! - and to my shock I was only up 1.2 from my last weigh-in. Apparently at meals, I've been reflexively making better choices anyway! THAT was a great feeling!!! And relying on my Lites instead of junk food snacks. I had a GREAT talk with my counselor about what went wrong and what I need to do differently. Not surprisingly, I realized I've just been too lenient on myself when I cheat - I'm a great rationalizer. (Like the caffeine to "get through" RE class - it's not like the day is any longer or more strenuous than my regular work day!) Anyway, she definitely helped me get re-focused on my goal and on Plan. And here I am!

I have to say, thank goodness I paid for the entire program up front, because I think if I had been on a pay-as-you-go, I would have just stopped going. But with all that money invested, NOT going back just wasn't an option!

BTW, for those of you who have asked - RE class is great! I've always enjoyed school, although I kind of got bored with college and having to take all those classes that had nothing to do with what I wanted to DO. So the very focused education for the RE license is right up my alley. For me, since I'm doing weekend classes, the whole course from day one to becoming licensed takes seven weeks. You can do it slower, by spreading the classes out, or faster if you do the weekday classes. I can't wait! The next six weeks are going to fly by, I think. Oh, and my counselor also helped me re-evaluate my plan for staying POP during my classes, as I failed spectularly last weekend!

Ooooookay, enough about me (although you'll be hearing from me regularly again - I'm baaa-aaack! ). Have a great day everyone!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote