Old 09-14-2004, 09:14 AM   #1  

Default LAWL & Friends # 84

Here we go
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:02 PM   #2  

Hi Girls,

Hey, Where are you all today This board is really quite, not normal at all....

Hope your all fine and are just too busy to post....

Talk to you later.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #3  
156/127.4/127.4

Star-Guess it is just you and I today! I always am so anxious to read everyone's posts! I know June and Kristi have good excuses but where is everyone else?? Fiona, Karen, Sy, Kim, Aim, Liz, who else are we missing?? Well hello to all post when you can!

I started my new slim in 6 and had to climb three flights of stairs in the parking garage at school can I just say that elevator was calling my name?!! But I percevered and took the stairs. I also went to my closet to find jeans as it has been unseasonably cool here in the west and well congrats to me they all looked pretty ridiculous! I really need a size 10,(maybe smaller!!) as I look like I am wearing someone else's clothes!!! It was fun to go to the closet and last year's clothes don't fit only this time the dryer did not shrink them!!!

Well hope all is well and feeling okay!
I'll check back later
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:34 PM   #4  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,
I'm still around. I've been really busy here in the office for the last week. Hopefully it will slow down some soon.
Does anyone know why we keep starting new threads? Is there a page limit or something? On another site, there are threads with hundreds of pages. Just wondering...
I'll post more when I can.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #5  

Sammy, Way to go with the Slim in 6 and the stairs. They say you can make big progress with small changes (just don't be late for math class -lol) I also look forward to reading everyone's success stories and hope they will motivate me. I'm stuck in the 160's, but it's my own fault, I haven't been perfect on plan......

Karen, I see you waving there. You have been working way too hard, I don't have anyone to play with all day since your working. I don't have the answer about the new thread, but someone else probably does.......
Later girls...
Old 09-14-2004, 03:57 PM   #6  

Hi Karen:
No real reason to start a new thread. Its easier going through 7 pages instead of 100. When the thread first started it used to go by each week.
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #7  

Hey gals...yep real quiet today. It's been a lousy day at work and I didn't want to infect everyone with my bad mood...lol! Not much to report here - POP yesterday and POP so far today, although I may have to indulge in an after-dinner cocktail after the day I've had (boss yelled at me ). Can't wait to kiss this job goodbye, seriously. But there I go with the mood again... !

Keep up the good work everyone.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #8  

Hi Fiona, Cheer up, the boss obviously has no idea who he/she is talking to. That cocktail sounds good, but won't be worth the calories.......But then I should tell you something you don't already know.........chin up - tomorrow is a new day.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #9  
Marathon Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Im new to this board. I started LAWL almost 2 weeks ago, Im down 4.4, so Im pretty pleased. Its been really hard to get used to though. Ive been reading y'alls posts, and y'all are so inspiring. Its really helped. I would appreciate any tips that helped get y'all through your first couple of weeks.

I look forward to getting to know more about y'all.

Holly
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #10  
156/127.4/127.4

Welcome Holly! I think you will find this board to be very encouraging and helpful!! We have all tossed around recipes and shared each others hard days of staying on plan! Good luck in this new adventure and check back often!!!

Fiona-Just one cocktail??? Cocktails to me are like Lay's potato chips, no one can eat just one!!!!

Sammy
Old 09-14-2004, 07:40 PM   #11  

Hi everyone and welcome, Holly!

Congrats on the pants, Sammy! This weekend I tried on a pair of jeans that hadn't fit in about 8 months, and they not only fit, they fit comfortably.

I was down another pound this Monday - yay! I'm a little worried about tomorrow's weigh in though, because I've been cheating quite a bit this week.

And on the subject of cheating, here's a question for everybody...

When you cheat, do you write it in your food diary, and if you do, are the people at your center cool about it?

About 2 weeks in, I had a really minor cheat - some sugar free, fat free pudding - and the girl looking at my diary got really snotty about it even though I was down about a pound and a half at that visit. She went on and on about how important it was that I followed the program strictly and that I shouldn't take it upon myself to decide what's OK and what isn't.

That was when I decided that they didn't need to know about any cheats I might have, and as long as the scale keeps showing progress, I have no qualms about sneaking some goodies every once in a while. Plus, if I was gonna get chewed out that much for cheating, I'd rather have had something a lot better than SF/FF pudding.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:09 PM   #12  

Lol Amie -I've been wondering this same thing! I don't include my cheats (usually) for that exact reason. Heck, I'm the one who shelled out the big bucks - I can too "take it upon myself" to decide what I eat, as long as I don't go blaming the program for any lack of success. I use my diary to make sure I'm getting everything I'm supposed to - otherwise I'd never be able to keep track of those fruits and veggies, or be able to remember if I had a starch with breakfast or not! If I have half a donut and count it for my morning starch, I'll write that down - I won't lie and say I had diet toast. But if I have a cookie or two after dinner, I probably won't write it down.

Here's my question - does anyone know if low-fat (as opposed to fat-free) dressing can count as a daily fat?? I plan to ask tomorrow if nobody here knows, but I really have to think about getting that fat in everyday when it's only butter and mayo to choose from - those two things, at least, I hardly ever ate even before I started LAWL.

Took a little nap, had a nice dinner - feeling much better than earlier today. Still might have to go for that drink, though, if DH and I decide to curl up in front of a movie or something. We'll see.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #13  

Morning,
Welcome Holly, sounds like you are doing good. Hang in there and take it a day at a time....
Aim - the center girls do not like anything that varies from the plan. Actually the only way they can guarantee the plan works is if we follow it 100%. However, it is hard to give up all the goodies and I don't know if they understand that. At my center the owner is heavy, another counslor is heavy, one is thin (on maintenance) and the other one is just naturally thin. I agree, SF/FF pudding is a good cheat choice. They should be more understanding but they aren't. I would say don't write your cheats down anymore, then you won't have to get whipped with a wet noodle......lol
Fiona, glad you day got better. I count Lite Dressing as a fat, don't know if that's right or not either? I only have it at resturants, otherwise I do FF at home and work. It is very important for you hair, skin and nails to get fat in your diet, especially if you are gonna be on plan for awhile.
Sammy, I'm right with you on your comparison to cocktails & Lays....If I can't have more than one cocktail, why bother?
Hello to everyone else out there........
Old 09-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #14  

Hi everyone. I just found a new product that I'm crazy about. It's yogurt smoothies made by Danone (Silhouette) and they are only 80 calories. Strawberry-banana is really good and they count as a dairy serving. Re;cheating. I do write most things down. That way I am accountable. The counselors at my center are pretty good about it. They are all op too and I would say the majority are overweight. So at least they understand what we all are going through. I'm going to get weighed now. Hi to Holly - I think you'll like this place.
Beachlover
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #15  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi to everyone! I am just getting ready to go weigh in and am hoping I am down as I have been doing the Carb Cravers two days in a row. I have been taking the white kidney bean extract but whose to say that helps! I am anxious to get my 15 avitar hopefully by weeks end!!!

On the cheats, I have them and if they are big like this weekend I had a corndog for lunch and I wrote that down, but yea, at my center they make me feel like a child with my hand in the cookie jar, literaly!!! It irritates me because we go in for support not the evil stare down! Most of the ladies in my center are probably on maintenace. There are two that are a little on the heavy side but for the most part they are pretty thin! The counselor I like the best is like a pencil!

Well I better get I have to go pick up the dog at the vet, we thought she was getting spayed but they thought I should wait one more month until she has her adult teeth so they can pull her baby ones out if she does not loose them on her own....
Sammy