Old 10-02-2004, 07:00 AM   #286  

Hi everyone.

Fiona - I have been having the same type of week. This has been the worst week that I've had since being on LA. It's been a week from **** for me. I haven't been drinking my water, having been keeping up with my food diary, pretty much stay on plan until last night. I think I'm PMSing and TOM is just around the corner (let's hope so). I have been STARVING all week - normally I'm pretty satified. I kind of know what you mean about your RE classes. My husband thought the same thing when he had to take some RE classes for RE Apprasing. Good Luck on all that. Hope you have a great teacher. Do you want to buddy up and stick OP this week. I need some help. I'm almost at goal and I'm finding it harder and harder.

Bad news, I was up 1.8 - ugh! I'm hoping it's TOM and the fact that I had a mini-binge this week - and all the other stuff I didn't do.

Star - how awesome about the size 10! WOW!

Have to cut this one short, have to get DH up as we have a tailgate party this morning before the SU game. Have to pick up some friends and a million other things before I leave. Have a great weekend. I did plan ahead for this tailgate party and I'm brining lots of water and OP food.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #287  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Gals,

Well I went to weigh in this morning bright and early at 8:00 so no one would see my gross face.

I thought the counselor was going to faint. She said "Oh, are you alright?"

I told her yeah, it looked worse than it felt. (I had a laser peel done yesterday)

Anyway, the good news is that I was down .8 lbs since Wednesday, making my total WL for this week 2.6 lbs. I was pretty happy. The bad news is that I am stuck in the house for the next few days and that is trouble for me. When I'm bored, I eat.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #288  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey yall!!!

Sorry i didnt post yesterday but i was so busy and felt like i was running behind all day i dont know what the deal was lol but i just ran out of time to post. Im at my b/f this weekend and had a few spare minutes and thought i would see what is going on.

~Sammy
It was me that wanted the chart ill shoot ya message with my email. Sorry to hear that you had such a bad week and was up a bit but hopefully then changing you to the red plan will help out a lot. Im on the red plan myself. Is the PB that your talking about peanut butter?? Cause if it is i didnt realize we could have it and i like peanut butter lol.

~Star
That was to funny about the turtles lol. You are well on your way to being a small turtlr thats for sure.

~Fiona
600 pages in 4 day wow! good luck with that class im sure you will do just fine and i hope you have a good teacher as well. How long are the classes?

~Amy
I see that our start weight and goals are the same. You are doing so well keep up the good work and i hope that I have the same type of success as you have had. How long have you been on the program? Since i just started i cant answer that about the ordering things dry but I did eat out at Shoney's this morning I had a scrambled egg, 1/2 biscuit and some cantelope. I ordered the breakfast bar cause it was easier for me to fix my plate with what i knew i could have instead of trying to order something speacial. However we might be going to Outback tonight (lol its bad to start this program off out of town) but outback is on our dining out guide so i will be ok there.

~Tams
Congrats on doing so well this week. Im not the biggest fan of chinese food but i used to have it a few times a year. So it wont bother me to much to not be eating that lol.

~Sy & Kristi
Seems like everyone had a semi hard week to stay on plan lol must something with the planets or something. Anyway you two are always such a great support to others & myself. We are always faced with stuff around us to temp us. I have noticed that more since i started the plan. When i was doing some grocery shopping yesterday i really noticed it they had samples everywhere of BAD things lol the worst was garlic toast but i just walked on by and didnt think twice about even thought the smell followed me lol. All you can do when you have had a semi off week is refocus and start again. Good luck with the weekend I know you can do it!!!

Well as for me my first day on the red plan wasnt bad at all. Except that i have figured out its not a good idea to drink 10 oz of water while in the car if you get stuck in traffic for about an hour lol. I had to stop at the first gas station when i got off the interstate lol. I got all my water in yesterday im glad im doing well on that it seems to be hard for me to do but so far so good. I almost ate everything on plan too. The only thing i was missing was my 4th veggie and my morton lite salt, oh and also i didnt get all my dairy in. But i have started out today with 40 oz of water already and using my lite salt already too. I need to update my stats on here cause they are old lol. My old scale and the scale at the center were off 10 lbs thats just crazy. But dont worry i got my new scales and have already started using them.

Everyone have a great weekend and ill talk to you all soon.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #289  

Hi everyone:

It's TOM and if I didn't give in to the Pre-TOM hormonal cravings these past few days - I'd feel much better. This has been the worst one I've had since being OP. Today is a new day, and I'm starting a new diary - and will try my hardest to write everything down this week, drink all my water and eat only what's OP. I feel like a loser for giving in this week. Okay, no more feeling sorry for myself because I screwed up. I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting all over again.

I'm going on a bike ride today with my BIL, husband has to work and my sister is not into exercising. Suppose to be kind of chilly with a high of 61, but sunny - so it will be a nice day for a ride. I should be stay home and clean my house. I'm a Saturday cleaner, and since we had the SU game yesterday - I didn't get it done.

BTW, SU won the game, 41 to 31 - it was great! Go Orangemen!

Hope everyone has a great day OP. Hope I can do the same.

~Sy~
Old 10-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #290  

Good morning everyone. Well, I am starting over again. I got the 48 hour juice and am using that to get my system cleaned out as i have ate badly for the last week. I have my meals planned out so I should not have any problems. I am going to start Curves tomorrow so hopefully that will help shed some pounds too.

Well today is clean the house and laundry day so I better get busy or it will never get done. Then hopefully we will go shopping later.

Kari
karia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #291  

Wow, sounds like everyone had a rough time the last few days. I know I sure did. Friday afternoon I was completely exhausted so I took a nap and ended up having a dream about eating chocolate! It was really weird - in the dream, I went to a convenience store and bought a chocolate bust of Tina Turner's character in Star Wars! Yeah, I know she wasn't in Star Wars, but in my dream she was.

When I woke up I was starving, and had a Lite to combat the chocolate craving, but then I was still really hungry and I ended up going to the store and getting a pizza and some potato chips. BAD AMY!!! I was going to weigh in on Saturday, but after that I knew I'd be up, so I'm just going in tomorrow after I spend a couple of hours doing penance on the bike today.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #292  

HI all,

I've had a great deal of fun reading through your posts regarding LAWL. I have a consultation tomorrow, and you've been a big help in answering my questions - and giving me the right questions to ask tomorrow.

Hope to post back with questions (I'm sure there will be many)

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:32 PM   #293  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,
I went to the LAWL open house at my center on Friday, but I didn't weigh-in, as I'd already had my 3 weigh-ins this week and the line for the scale was outrageously long. There were a lot of new clients, and many re-starts. Anyway, they had free samples of several of their products, including the Jet-Start, which is a fancy iced-coffee in a container similar to the LAWL Slim-Down. It was very tasty, and counts as a dairy and a fruit - so I think it's a good use of the dairy allowance - and if you are willing to give up a fruit it's worth a try - though I think it would be better in warmer weather, as it is a cold coffee. There were many discounts - including the bars and supplements - so I took advantage of those. They also gave you raffle tickets for prizes - but I don't think I won anything since I never got a call. The rest of my weekend has been a whirlwind - so much to do and so little time - but I thought I'd take a few minutes to write now.

Liz: Sounds like the red plan is the right plan for you, and I'm so glad that you are seeing good results!!! Congrats on your success!!!

Beach: Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts - it's been very helpful during this crazy time. How are things going with you and how is your weather up there in Canada? Is it getting cool yet?

Kristi: Congrasts on your loss and for resisting all those temptations!!! Great job - just keep at it and you'll be at goal in no time. As for me, I'm one pound from my old Weight Watcher's goal that I met 6 years ago and maintained for 5 years. So I am probably going to go to a meeting when I'm a few pounds below that goal, since I'm a lifetime member, and I want to get some information on the new program they have because I think it's very similar to LAWL. I'll try to do that after my husbands second surgery is complete and he is on the mend. As for my LAWL goal, I set it much lower than my old Weight Watcher's goal, so I have about another 15 pounds to go.

Holly: It sounds like the Red Plan should do the trick for you - I bet you'll see the change this week, unless it's TOM. If so, give it another week and hang in there. I had a similar problem, but as soon as I changed to Red the weight "dripped off."

Aim: Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for us - I really appreciate it. You are doing so well with the program. Congrats on all your losses!!! By the way, your stir fry recipe sounds delicious, and I'm going to have to make a trip to the fish market this week to try it out.

SY: Thanks much for all your kinds words. I really enjoyed all the info about Laughing Cow Cheese - I was going to pick some up this weekend when I went food shopping, but I realized I'd forgotten to look for it after I'd unpacked all my groceries, and I was too tired to go back out - so I'll need to write this down for next week. As long as it doesn't make me want more cheese, I think this will be something good for me. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Syracuse game, and especially that they won!!! You have a great attitude about picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and starting a new day. That's just the sort of attitude that will get you to goal - and I know that you will be there very soon since you are so close.

Brit: Congrats on your loss and the great start to the program. You must be very proud of yourself, as you should be!!! You go girl!!!!

Star: Congrats on the size 10!!!! That's so wonderful!!! Did you get my e-mail? I sent it last week, and hope you received it.

Sammy: I think the Red Plan is the right plan for you now that you have kicked up your excercise. You should see a return to weight loss this week. Keep us posted and let us know how it is going. Good luck!!!

Tams: Congrats on your loss - you must be so happy!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Fiona: How did your real estate class go? Have a wonderful day POP!!!

Karia: Jucing should help, and you have the right attitude about a fresh start. I'm sure you'll see good losses this week. Keep us posted.

Laureen: Congrats on your loss! Several people on this board have said that Luna Bars have similar nutrional content when compared the LA Lites. I don't have first hand information, as I've been sticking with the LA Lite bars so I can get my rebate.

Julie: Welcome to the board, and good luck with your consultation tomorrow. Send us all your questions - we'd be happy to answer them!!!

Well everyone, I still have a few things to do tonight, so I'd better get going. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and have a wonderful day POP tomorrow. I'll write again soon. Love you all!!!

Big Hugs,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #294  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey all!

This has been the worst last few days for us all I see! Where is June she is always our inspiration to stay POP! Yesterday started out great I was starting the red plan, had exercised, and was able to eat a TBS of PB!!! What could be a better way to start off the day??? Then went to sons soccer game and had to give my water to the kids, afterwards we were all starving so went to Blimpies and had a Turkey sand with must, tom, and lettuce. Not to bad but worth two starches! Then it was dear dads b-day this monday and wanted to celebrate with him on Saturday so went to Texas Roadhouse, has anyone ate at a Texas Roadhouse? Well they start off dinner with these rolls that are to die for, homemade and hot out of the oven! Had two with roasted chicken which would have been on plan and greenbeans. That was not all that bad right? 5-6 starches in one day. Then Sunday started off good although had PB again and no exercise with a big bowl of chili, 2 cornbread muffins, chips, salsa and cheese and crackers in my chili! My mom who is a LAWL member sat right beside and was naugty right along with me so when we hugged good-bye today we both felt like well you know, and to top off dinner cake and ice cream. I told her "Good Luck Tuesday!" And her reply was good luck tommorrow! I have one day to repent!!!!! Bless her heart I loved that we were in on this together!!

The best part of all was my son had an awesome b-day and if a person only does that once a year for every family member well that won't be so bad!!! There are five in my immediate family and well lots in my extended family! I am thinking extra sit-up and no break on exercise this week! Wonder how late the gym stays open!!!

But like SY said Monday is a new day! A new page in the diary, which needless to say is not getting filled out! And I am expecting at least two pounds if not more! I will post after weigh in tommorrow to tell you all how much damage was done and how hard I am going to have to work for the next avitar! Iwas over half way there......

POP challenge is on for next week girls! I know Kristi and Sy are with me anyone else ready to take on this challenge!!! Talk to you all tommorrow!
Sammy the gainer!!!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #295  
laureen

Thanks June for the info on the Luna Bars. I did try them and they are good. I was told I would still get the rebate even if I didn't buy the La Lites. I'll have to ask when I weigh in. I am having a hard time doing without snack foods, what do ya'll do?? Also do they change trhe plans as you lose weight?? Sorry for all the question, but you have been so helpful.
Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #296  

Laureen: My plan hasn't changed since I started, I'm on the Gold Plan. My sister is on the Purple Plan, and her's hasn't changed either. We started in April - so nothing to worry about now. I think they will change your plan if the one your on is not working.

Britt: I feel your pain about the water and sitting in traffic. I have a 45 minute ride home and some days - I just make it home in time! When I go to the center to weigh-in on my way home from work they probably think that I just want to use the restroom because I'm getting weighed, but I really need to use it! LOL!

Aim: Forgot to mention, that stir-fry recipe sounds great, I will have to go back and write it down and try it out this week.

Sammy: I'm with you in that challenge! I started a new diary yesterday so I can put the cashews that I ate on Friday night behind me. Sure, tell me I'm up a few pounds and how stupid of me, I open a can of cashews and start eatting them. Unstead I should have got gallon of water and drank it. I'm telling you, there is something addicting in peanuts! Especially in the pre-TOM timeframe. I have to remember that next month. No peanut butter, and no nuts!

Julie: Welcome and ask away. People in this group are very supportive! You'll love this group!

Hi everyone else. Got to get to work. Have a great day OP!

~Sy~
Old 10-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #297  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey everyone,
Sammy - I am with you on the OP challenge this week. The weekend was kind of rough for me because I was stuck inside all weekend.
Today is a new day!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #298  

Default Thank Goodness it's Monday....

Hi Chicks,

Well reading your posts I know I came to the right place.......
I have another "true confession" for ya....
Saturday was my neighbors sons 30th birthday party.....I did really well with the food, but had decided to have an "on plan" cocktail Well then they brought out the jello shots Needless to say I had more than my fair share.......and I don't think the jello was ff
So I was 100% on plan yesterday. Actually I felt great, cleaned out my closets, put the summer stuff away and got all the "too big" clothes ready to give to my husband's twin sister......that was a great feeling! Everything is so neat now and I got rid of more than half my clothes. I think that makes life more manageable anyhow...less decisions Now I have to be very careful to not gain ever again, cuz I would be the nude fat chick
I plan on weighing on Wed morning, so let's hope the scale will miss me and welcome me with smaller numbers.......
((((HUGS))))

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-04-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #299  
156/127.4/127.4

Star-Thank you for the smiling post! The nude fat chick is great!! I am weighing in this morning and I am sweating it thinking it will be up 2-5 from this weekend. I think the jello-shots would have been worth it!!

Good vibes to all today I am off to weigh in then back home to make cupcakes for sons class tommorrow. I am going to try to be really strong as cake batter is my weakness of many! All I can picture is Homer Simpson saying "MMMMM CCCAAAKKKEEE!!!"
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:02 PM   #300  

Okay,
Let me clairfy the jello shots not being made with fat free jello. So on Atkins you can have fat free jello, just like on LA. However, you can't have fat free jello on Induction Phase and for that matter you can't drink on the Induction Phase either, they both come after Induction. So I guess that was like a big double whammy cheat on my part. After Induction you can drink, but I don't think that means drink "like a drunken sailor." So I guess that was like a triple whammy screw-up......
I am being sooooooooooooooo perfect today, can you see my halo from there?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote