Old 10-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #466  

Default Dark and Ugly here.....

Really wet and dark here, but since I live in Michigan I hardly notice it - it's normal......

Sammy - Ok girl here's your pep talk I warn you stay out of DQ Remember the price I had to pay on Tuesday for allowing my car to go there? It was like 3 pounds and it took me 3 days to recover. You know what? It wasn't worth it, now be a good mommy and go to the store and buy those babies some milk instead About your question "Will we ever be able to eat them (DQ) again?" The answer to that is Yes-Yes-Yes BUT only now and then when we more or less plan it. Then go right back on plan, that is called maintenance (which some of us do now, only lacking our goal weight)

Sy - Oh, I never mentioned this, about the mouth piece? well I'm getting braces, but first I have to wear a bite guard for 8 weeks. I think that is gonna get my overbite more in line So okay, your thinking "She's too old for braces" Well my ortho said that one gal is 78, so I'm not the oldest. I have a problem that should have been taken care of along time ago and now I'm gonna do it. It is something that can't be corrected with crowns (been there, done that) Hey, do you like this avatar better? It is only temporary until I deserve that 20 lb chick.....(Hurry-hurry-hurry)

Fiona - did you say brownies You know sometimes on this plan I would kill for a brownie.....I know it was wonderful and besides you had company, sometimes you just have to be "normal" Hey, have you noticed my little "Emotion Queen" icon by my signiture - Thanks for crowning me....

Well goodluck to all you chicks that have to go for the big WI today....I have everything crossed that I can when you go to the center and the counslor tells you something you already know, don't you just sometimes want to tell her she's not looking so hot either?

later Chick-a-dees......

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-15-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #467  

Well...I'm .4 up from Wednesday. Could definitely be worse. I just have to find some SELF CONTROL and I know I can be down that and then some by Monday. Right?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #468  

Geez, Where is everyone...is there a chick convention somewhere and nobody told me

Well chicks - Either have a great POP weekend or tell us all the stories Monday.........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #469  
156/127.4/127.4

Gosh, so quiet today! Guess we all had other priorities! Mine was the grocery store, YUCK! Did get some good food!

Weighed in and was down .2 which is not a lot but for PMS I was happy with that/ I ususally either maintain or do nothing or worse, gain during this week! I did talk to the counselor while I was there and told her I am thinking of changing my goal weight to 130 rather than 125 and she said that was more "reasonable" she said 125 is pretty darn hard to maintain. I can see that as being a problem as my body was loving 140! She said 127-130 would be great for me and probably fairly easy to maintain with exercise and sensible eating!! I can do both those things! So I have between 8 and 11 pounds left and weight loss weeks which I think I can loose that in that amount of time???? I think after next week I may go back on the gold and exercise only 3 days a week rather than 6 until I get rid of the weight than adjust as necessary.

Thank you all for the pep talks! Star your encouragement gets us all smiling and through this tough battle! Don't know what we would do with out you! You will all be glad to know I got the kids some milk so I think they are going to be okay again!!

Have a POP all weekend everyone I know I sure intend too!
June-hope all is good with you and DH!!
Fiona-that little bitty .4 will be gone in no time!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #470  

Hi Everyone,
I've been sitting on the sidelines reading messages, but keeping quiet. Guess it's backlash from writing all those papers School is out for a couple weeks, so I'm relaxing.

I am down 1.2 from my last writing, so things are going good. I celebrated tonight by going to Boston Market, which is in the Fast Tracker, but I ate the skin on my chicken (counts as a fat right?) and my corn muffin ( a couple of starches maybe?). Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow! I'm down a total of 12.2, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Off to bed! Have a great weekend!
Dawn
dawn0301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:37 AM   #471  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi-I think I have around seven weight loss weeks left so I will probably have to buy more??? I would really like to be at least on stabalization through Christmas then onto maintenance for the new year! I am like you I just want this diet thing to be over!!!! Thank you for the encouragement but you are right there, just waiting to step over!!! You go girl you are my idol!!!

Dawn-wow! Way to go! You hang in there and you will be at goal in no time! Must be nice to have a break from school! I don't have another break until Thanksgiving and then it is only long enough to get me wanting a longer break! I am in traditional 16 week courses at BSU..

Well so far so good for POP, made homemade sausage pizza tonight and resisted!!! I wanted it really bad though!! Hope everyone has a great weekend I know my kids will as they have milk for breakfast!!
Sammy
Old 10-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #472  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi-WOOOHOOO!!! You must be so releived! I can't wait to hear about stabalization for you! I know you will enjoy it! I hope you are right about my weeks! I am shooting for 127 but I will be happy at 130 so I guess whichever I get to first!!!

Have a great eveneing at the place I am making pork chops for the family and for me well I have not decided between turkey soup or chicken!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend and of course op!!!
Sammy
Old 10-16-2004, 07:14 PM   #473  

Default Check-in

Hi everyone; kept trying to post Fri but couldn't get thru for some reason. My WI on Thurs after Take off was down .8. Went for my second WI this AM and was down 3.6 for a total of 4.4, but I feel like a lot of it was because I weighed in the AM vs. the PM from Mon and Thurs. We'll see; go again Tues in the PM. I have been really good about staying on plan. They put me on the gold plan to start off with. It was a challenge my first day (Fri) since we were going to Chinese for my DH's grandpa's bday dinner. They always order dinner Mandarin style--fried everything ya know. I ordered my own: chicken and broccoli, no sauce. It came out pretty good, just added a little pot sticker sauce on top and had my rice portion with it. Felt like I did well.

I left my mtg this AM a little frustrated with LAWL. When I was there my 2nd time on Thurs, we went over all the supplements, and the counselor said at my next visit I would get a goodie basket, so we "shopped" for various products that she would put in it. When I showed up today, another counselor went over the "bulk" packages they offer. I figured bulk meant a few weeks worth of LA lites, but they want at the very least you weight loss weeks pre-bought, which was over $300.00. I wanted to think about it, and she said that the offer was only good today. Well, we are in the process of building a house and I couldn't afford and didn't want to put it on credit, so I opted not to. When I got up to leave, I began to take my goodie basket, and she said that I only got that if I bought the bulk bars. I said the other counselor didn't tell me that and she just said, oh. I told her I felt like they were being tricky with me and she didn't say anything else. I just left feeling like they were trying to make their money vs. being a helpful weight loss center. I feel like the products are being pushed on me and I don't like that. Needless to say, when I told the counselor "no" regarding buying bulk, she looked at me like I was crazy that I didn't want it, that I didn't want to "save money". Well, sorry, but I just shelled out over $500. to participate in this program, and I can't shell out a minimum of $300 right now. If they wanted to be helpful they would offer bulk, but less of it so people could afford it. I plan to talk w/ the other counselor who is the center manager also. I am just starting out this program and have committed for a long time, I don't want to go in everytime now feeling like they're just trying to scam rather than honestly help me lose and control my weight.

Anyways, just venting about my experience...thanks for listening!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #474  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Checking In

Hello Everyone!

Wow! It's been a long time since I last posted, but I have have been soooo busy. Please forgive me. We're preparing for an audit at my job, and I've worked the last 10 days straight, averaging about 10 hours each day. In fact, I wasn't able to weigh in at all this week until today. I was really nervous, but I weighed in at 186 with jeans and tennis shoes on -- I'll take it That puts me down about 1.5 for the week, and I finally get an avitar for pounds lost!

Congratulations to all of you who are losing. I don't remember it being this difficult the first time around, but I'm trying to stay positive and focused.

A few of you requested recipes from the Cooking Light Naturally cookbook, so I'll post a few of them now. Have a good weekend all, and I'll check in again soon!

Joy
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #475  
LAWL Center Manager

Default RECIPE: Beef or Chicken Marinade

LAWL Cooking Light Naturally
BEEF OR CHICKEN MARINADE

1 Serving = 1 Fat

2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 packets sugar substitute
  • In medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients, add meat, tossing to coat
  • Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes
  • Makes 1 serving
Old 10-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #476  
LAWL Center Manager

Default RECIPE: Apple Crisp

APPLE CRISP

2 Fruits, 1 Starch

2 small apples
1/3 cup Sugar Twin brown sugar
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Arrange apple slices in baking pan sprayed with Pam
  • Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples
  • Bake until topping is golden brown and apples are tender
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 PM   #477  
LAWL Center Manager

Default RECIPE: Strawberry Daiquiri

STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI

1 LA Drink Mix, 1 Fruit

1 Vanilla LA Drink Mix
4 ounces water
1 cup ice cubes
12 small strawberries
Rum extract to taste
  • Blend in blender
  • Freeze or chill
Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #478  
LAWL Center Manager

Default LAWL Recipes

I believe these are all the recipes that were requested. I use this cookbook on occasion, and there are some really great recipes. However, I must admit that the price is still a little steep!

So, if anyone would like a particular type of recipe posted, let me know. I'll try to post one new one each time I sign in. Hopefully, that will be more often than it was this week.

Take care everyone!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #479  

Joy: So nice of you to post those receipes!

Amy: The counselor you had last was wrong. You should have received a box of LA Lites which is a mixed box that you can only get when you start, and then they usually give you a few other things to try. After you try the lites, they will try to sell you the lites in bulk. I purchased a bulk of 5 boxes (okay - they say 10 boxes but it's really only 5). As a matter of fact, you don't have to do the lites to be on LA. Plus, since you never tried the lites, who in their right mind would buy something ahead if they haven't even tasted them before. I would definately take this to the manager. Did you get a scale? Did you get a cookbook? I read here, and saw on TV that a cookbook comes with your program for those who are joining now.

I do purchase the lites, but don't do the supplements.

I hope you don't have one of those centers from **** that we have all read about. Maybe it's just that 1 person you got and just avoid her when you go to weigh-in. People at my center tell the counselors that they want to wait for a certain one - so you don't have to see that person again. And, if she was the only person there - you could just weigh-in and not talk to anyone that day. At my center there is a sign-up screen in the weigh-in room, I was told that if you didn't have time to see a counselor you could weigh yourself and it still counts as a weigh-in. Be assertive next time you go in, and don't let that 1 person ruin your weight loss! Please let us know how you make out at next weigh-in. I would be on the phone to that center if you can't do it in person. Good Luck.

Star, no convention (unless they didn't tell me either). Spent yesterday cleaning 1/2 the house from top to bottom. Floors, walls, ceiling, windows, vac inside the furniture. I get dressed in our spare bedroom - only room that needs some finishing, and have to get some plastic bins at the store today to put all the summer stuff and sandels away in. Have a 2 big bags of stuff to get rid of. I love a clean house! I didn't make it upstairs to my closet yet, but will get to that next weekend!

June, you okay?

Gotta go and get some coffee. Be back later. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:50 PM   #480  
156/127.4/127.4

Joy-Thanks girl for the recipes, we are going today to pick some apples just to get out of the house! DH has cabin fever, I on the other hand have homework but told him we could go for a drive to the country!! Way to go on weight loss with such a crazy ten days!

Aim-Sy is right, you don't need the lites to loose, my mom has lost over 50 pounds without the lites so don't let them bully you! I bought the lites for a bulk of 20 (after the complimentary box to try) and it was over a 100 dollars. The luna bars that you see in the grocery store are pretty darn close... I have to admit though I live for my lites but I have a reallllly bad sweet tooth!!! That is the one thing I have really been craving is candy and cookies and the lites kind of satisfies both!!! Congrats on your loss and I know if you talk to the manager she will set the other counsleor straight! Hang in there chick you on doing awesome!

Sy-could you fly to Boise to help me with my house????

June-hope all is well with you and DH and family!

Kristi-how did you do at the meat and veggie place?

Star-have you been picked up lately?

Karen-watched a NASCAR race last night and Rusty did not do so well! I kept thinking about you and wondering if you were there. My husband said he would love to go to a race like that. Don't know where the closest track to us would be how does one go about finding out about the races and schedules??? How are you doing anyway?

Fiona-hey how was RE class?

Britt-are you staying caught up at school?

Dawn-hope all is well with you too!!

Well I know I left out several and sorry about that I have to go jump in the shower as we are going to an orchard to pick apples!! I have never done that and am looking forward to it!
Have a POP day everyone!
Sammy