Old 09-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #226  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi all!

Britt-way to go for making that big step! A positive attitude is sooo needed in this battle! If only taking the weight off was as easy as putting it on! I am enrolled in Political Science, sociology and computer information systems. My goal is to become a paralegal so probably two more years or less if I take summer courses!

Kristi-being steady is good and good for you that you are okay with it! MYDH says what if you get to like 130 and plateau for several weeks? He feels like our bodies are only supposed to be at a certain weight and that weight is not always what we think! I am impressed and I hope everyday that tommorrow I can stop beating myself up!

Sy-OOOPPPPSSS! At least they don't have to screen your internet activity, you give it to them willingly!!! I hear you about the 4:30 thing I have been getting up at 5:00 to workout and I had to take a piece of toast into the shower with me this morning as I was quite sure I was going to pass out from being malnurished!!! Then after I ate my yogurt and berries two hours later my tummy was talking again. YIKES! I am sick of being hungry! I was hungry like an hour after dinner last night but I could not eat anything as I had ate my food for the day.. How much lemon does everyone use in the lemon water at night? Beige is a perfect fall color!!!!

June-good luck with hubby tommorrow! And you are such an inspiration to us all with staying on plan and loosing as much as you have been at each weigh in! You go girl!!

Fiona-way to go on the loss!!! How exciting for you to start your new endevor with RE! New pants are in your near future, I sense this!!! As well as the 10lb avitar!

Tams-Good luck on the weigh in I go tommorrow too and my scales are not moving! I hate that feeling! I wish at times I would have never bought the darn thing!

Star-just yesterday my DH did a spreadsheet in excel for me! It needs fine tuning but for the most part it shows me what I want to know! I think he just put my stats in and the dates I weighed in then used the chart wizard to create the chart. Pretty cool! Then I just have to go in and add my weighins after I weigh at center!

Well I think it has been 30 minutes since my starch blocker so I am going to go make me a turkey sandwich from the CC menu. Hope everyone has a pop today and drink lots of water I guess!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:28 PM   #227  

Hi all. I'm not going to address each one but I want you to know that i do read all yopur posts and I got a chuckle out of some of them (Sy, especially). I got a deal (at least I think it's a deal) on 5 boxes of delites, biscotti and/or breakfast bars for $29.95. Remember that's Canadian so you all probably pay less. I really like the delites (blueberry) and chocolate biscotti. We have yet to get the smoothies. something new here - LAWL has a credit plan - 3 months interest-free and then 28% interest. No thanks to that! We don't have LA Shapes here. I believe it was Britt who first told us about it. If it's that expensive where you are it would probably be over the moon here. Hope all goes well for June and her dh tomorrow.
Beachlover
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:58 PM   #228  
191.8/168.2/160

I have that deal on the de-lites, etc. Our is 5 boxes for $25.00, basically, buy 4 get 1 free. I need to just do that because I really like the blueberry de-lites. Didn't really care for the cinnamon.

I am overly obsessed with my scale at home. I weigh first thing naked, I weigh when I get home and I weight before I go to bed.

I really need to stop it.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #229  

Tam and Kristi,
Don't you always weigh more after work and at night? I weigh once first thing in the morning (nude) .......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:14 PM   #230  
237/207/130

sigh

Hi ladies!

I am just popping on to ask some questions regarding proteins and veggies.

I am getting a little bored and was looking for some suggestions.

I am on the Red Plan

I am allowed 2 1/2 proteins and 4 veggies.

I am very picky regarding veggies. I wish I would just eat all that are on list, but that is not the case.

Tell me what you do to spice up your veggies?

I like brussel sprouts, romaine, carrots, and umm broccoli.

Boring, eh!

As for proteins, I wish I could eat more than 6 eggs per week. It's so much easier than making two meat dishes per day.

Suggestions welcome!
pinkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #231  

You guys are not going to believe what a dork I am... ...I had Sammy e-mail me her weight tracker, then I went back through all the threads since I started and filled in my weights from the beginning! It's an interesting trend...down down down, UP, down down, UP.... blaaaaah. I need to stick with the plan and see some down down down down down and NO UP!

There have been days when I have weighed less right before bedtime than I did in the morning - for me that usually signals that I'll be down at my weigh in, too, so I like those days! Although I kind of treat my scale like the practice of astrology - if I like what I read, hey, great! If not - well it's all a bunch of hooey, anyway.

Leaving work in about five minutes...a good friend of mine has gone into labor so I'm going to be glued to the phone tonight waiting to hear how things are going...!

Have a great night everyone!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:28 PM   #232  
Marathon Goddess

Hi ladies

Things are busy here today so I have to keep it short, but I had to post and say Sy, thats my worst nightmare! But you made me laugh! Since I usually post at work, i worry about that happening all the time!

Britt good luck and your so positive thats great, you will do fabulous!

June you are so awesome, with everything going on, and your still on plan, and you still take the time to say something to each of us.

Fiona awesome down another .4 you are doing great!!

Tams I weigh first thing naked, and occassionally after a really long run, Ill weigh again. Maybe I have a small obsession as well!

take care everyone I better get back to work, drink your water, and I hope everyone is having a POP day!!!!

Holly
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #233  

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a discovery with you guys...

I've been getting bored with the LA Lites flavors, so I did a little experimenting with them and had some success. I've been cutting them in half, them smooshing two halves of complimentary flavors together to get a new improved flavor. These are my two favorites:

Chocolate Mint + Cookie Dough = Sooo good! Tastes kind of like mint chocolate chip ice cream
Chocolate Crunch + Peanut Butter = something really close to a genuine candy bar... peanut butter + crunchiness = happy Amy

I also tried peanut butter and cookie dough together and it was OK, but not any better than the individual flavors on their own. I think my next experiment with be peanut butter and caramel - I'm hoping it will be something like a Nutrageous or Whatchamacallit candy bar.

Congrats to this week's losers and to Britt for taking the plunge!
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #234  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - I always weigh more in the evenings, but as long as it is less than my last weigh in , I'm ok.

I just need to hide my scale.

That's pretty cool about combining the LA lites. I didn't care for the cookie dough and I haven't tried caramel.

But if you like ZERO candy bars, go for the Honey Nougat. It tastes pretty darn close!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #235  
237/207/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtastic
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a discovery with you guys...

I've been getting bored with the LA Lites flavors, so I did a little experimenting with them and had some success. I've been cutting them in half, them smooshing two halves of complimentary flavors together to get a new improved flavor. These are my two favorites:

Chocolate Mint + Cookie Dough = Sooo good! Tastes kind of like mint chocolate chip ice cream
Chocolate Crunch + Peanut Butter = something really close to a genuine candy bar... peanut butter + crunchiness = happy Amy

I also tried peanut butter and cookie dough together and it was OK, but not any better than the individual flavors on their own. I think my next experiment with be peanut butter and caramel - I'm hoping it will be something like a Nutrageous or Whatchamacallit candy bar.

Congrats to this week's losers and to Britt for taking the plunge!
What a cool idea!

I am going to try this. In addition, I want to cut up my two bars for the day and freeze them. When I am in the mood for snacking I can just take some from my baggies. I hope it helps me curb the cravings I typically have after I eat my two bars. Making them last through the afternoon will be much better I think.
pinkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:51 PM   #236  

Whatever you do, just don't eat the bars frozen! Even just being in the fridge they really harden up, and one yanked a filling out on me a few weeks ago!
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #237  

Well hello all, I have not posted in like a week...but i am happy to say...they weight is finally coming off....i weighed in today and i am at a loss of 9.4lbs...i lost 3 lbs since friday...thats exciting..im averaging 3lbs a week...but thats because of my week i lost nothing and gained...but everything seems to be doing fine now and im excited about it all...however i was really considering weight loss surgery very seriously...even had them send me info so that i would be able to make an appointment...however after i weighed in today and saw how much ive lost in 3 weeks...im happy and i will stick with this and hope it all works out for the best...im excited...i guess the working out is also paying off too....but im very excited for thursday and hope to lose more...its lately i lose at least a pound everytime i weigh in....
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:06 AM   #238  
234/165.8/160

Good morning all,

I'm not sure I can post to everyone individually yet (still trying to keep track of all the names ;-), but I too read everyone's posts and enjoy them. I also really aprpeciate everyone's support and kind words...it's so much easier to do this with some help.

I'm currently on the purple plan and walk for 30-40 minutes at least 3 times a week and sometimes 5 days a week. I don't feel hungry on this plan at all, but have a hard time getting in the starches each day...i don't really care for most of the unlimited starches and three triscuits doesn't do anything but make me mad, so I just don't eat them ;-) Anyone else have this problem?
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #239  
156/127.4/127.4

Morning Chicks!

I go weigh in today and I am dreading it! I have been POP, this is not TOM and I am feeling like I am gaining. Home scale says up a pound and if that is the case I think I will have a breakdown! Is anyone working out and on the gold plan? If so how much are you working out? DH says it is all in my head and I am obsessing! We will see after weigh in!

Kristi-made the turkey soup last night and it was so delicious! I made enough for one serving and could not eat it all! So I saved the rest for lunch to have with a little cottage cheese as it won't be the right amount of protein. Would'nt it taste great with some white kidney beans or beans of some sort? Or even corn!!! Now I am wishful thinking huh!!! Thank you for fine tuning the original recipe I love it! DH was wishing for soup instead of spaghetti! I would have traded!!

June-you are in my thoughts today with DH hope all goes well!

Fiona and Trina-how did the charts work?

The boards are quiet this morning where is everyone?

Liz- way to go on the loss! WHat plan are you on as it seems you work out a lot??? What did they finally change or what do you think changed within yourself to kick in the weightloss! I am wondering as I feel like my losses are slowing wayyyyyy down.

Audit-wow, we all LOVE our starches and covet them!!! How many do you get we only get two on gold plan! What about cereal for breakfast? How about that FF,Frozen Yogurt once a week. DANG GIRL! Take full advantage of what they give you!!!

Have a good pop and I am off to weigh in and face the scale gods and hope they are good to me!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #240  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey to everyone!!!

I went to do my mid-week weigh in today and was down 1.6 lbs since Saturday!

I'm very excited and hoping this will keep me motivated.

I am on the Gold plan, but do not work out yet. I may try to start walking this week. My doc said to walk 7 miles per week, so that's a goal for me.

I agree about NOT freezing the lites, boy, they would be hard as a rock!

Good luck to everyone weighing in today!