Old 10-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #331  

Britt: Thanks for helping out Heather. I have no idea what the different plans are and I knew that someone on here could probably assist her.

Joy: Good luck at rejoining LA. I know that I couldn't do it on my own. I tried that for the past 4 years (pre-LA) and I just seem to gain another 10-15 pounds year over year. Just think what you will look like at Christmas time. To me it will be a plus being on program during the holidays because I think it will keep me more in check that years past. The only holiday I'm not looking forward to is Thanksgiving. If I eat more turkey, I'll start gobbleing or growing feathers.

Kristi and Star: You ladies crack me up! I love reading your posts.

Karen: How were the races?

June: Hope things are going well for you and DH.

I can't remember if it was Aim or Tam who had the face peel, or chemical peel. How are the results? Isn't it expensive? I meant to ask about it when I read it and just remembered.

I've been having a good week, and go to the center today for weigh-in. Hope that 1.8 lbs I was up last week is gone. Will post later. ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #332  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,
I have a short break and I thought I would take advantage of it and try to catch up on the posts. Generally I don't get a free moment at school, so I am taking advantage of it. I'm down .8 - so I'll take it - but I really would like to move on to the 30 pound avitar soon!!!

Sammy: I've never been to a Texas Roadhouse, but those rolls sure sound good!!! I've been to a place called "The Ranch," which is probably similar - though they don't serve fresh baked rolls!!! Probably a good deal - since that is my weakness. It really doesn't sound like you did that bad this weekend in terms of gaining .6 - so just get right back on track and you'll be just fine.

Laureen: You should probably check your contract about the rebate. Yours might be different from mine - but mine says that I need to buy the bars in order to be eligible for the rebate - that's basically why I've been sticking with them, as well as the three weigh-ins per week. I really want to get that rebate!!! As for the snacks, I never really was a snack food person, so I don't have a problem with not having snacks. They do offer snack food at the LAWL centers - but each package is worth one starch, and I'm not willing to give that up - but maybe it would work for you. They have cheese curls, etc.

Star: Glad you got my e-mail and you always make me laugh!!! Congrats on giving those "fat clothes" away - hopefully your sil didn't take it as an insult - I know mine would!!!! And more congrats on losing those "lumps!!!" Sounds like that bun and thigh roller really works - I'll have to see if I can find a good deal somewhere on line.
Good luck with your weigh in!!!

Kristi: Congrats on your loss. It sounds like you really like that scale!!! Not a good thing to mention in front of a fellow scalaholic!!!
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM   #333  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Ooopssssssssssss.... hit the wrong key and ended the post to soo!!!! Sorry about that.

Kristi: That Mexican restaurant sounds really good - I love Mexican food, and I'm really dying for it. I know I could have certain things on plan - but I'm afraid I won't stop when I'm supposed to if I allow myself to get started. So I give you a lot of credit for being able to do that. Good luck reaching your new goal!!!! You'll be there in no time.

Heather: Welcome, and I'm so glad you got such good advice from SY and Britt. Good luck - I know this how upsetting this must all be for you - but can't corporate at least do any telephone counseling for you? I realize that your center was a franchise, but it's not good business to turn clients away when in unfortunate circumstance such as yours. I hope things take a turn around for you - keep posting here - we're glad to have you - and the group is very supportive.

Julie: Congrats on signing on again, and good luck!!!! And by the way, you're never alone on this journey. We're all right there with you!!!

SY: Thanks for asking about the second surgery. It's next Wednesday - October 13th - and I'll sure be glad when this is all behind us. Thank you so much for your support and conern - it has helped a great deal. Good luck with your weigh-in!!!! You've got such great advice and a wonderful attitude, and best of all you're almost at goal!!! Keep it up!!!

Audit: Congrts on the loss. Your "one day at a time" attitude will serve you well!!!!

Brit: Godd luck on getting to that five pound avitar - you must be able to taste it!!! I'm sure you'll be there at your next weigh-in. I was so glad that you were able to help out Heather with the plan information - that's wonderful!!!!

Beach: Good luck with the new job. I'll miss your regular posts - but I'm glad you plan on posting when you can. Thanks so much for all your support and advice. I'm sure you'll lose those last few pounds and get to goal very shortly.

Dawn: Welcome to the board!!! Glad to have you!!

Aim: I liked your explanation of the moon phase - and I'd put money on the fact that you are right (even though I'm not a gambler)!!!!

Joy: Good luck on the rejoin. I'm sure you'll do great.

Karen: How were the races???? Looking forward to seeing your posts again real soon.

Pink and Fiona, how are you ladies doing???

Well, break is over - I need to get back. Have a great day POP - I'm with you all on the challenge!!! Talk to you all soon.

Big Hugs,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #334  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Ladies,

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts today. My weigh in is this afternoon and I know it will be up, but we'll see just how bad.

Anyway Sy, it was me who had the laser peel done on my face. I had it done because of some acne scarring on my cheeks. I am now in the peeling phase and it is uncomfortable. I'm hoping that by this weekend all the peeling will be gone and I will have fresh, new skin. It wasn't that expensive really compared to other alternatives, it was $800.00.

Congrats to everyone with a good loss!! Keep up the good work.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #335  
156/127.4/127.4

June-So glad to hear all is well with you! That .6 is okay better down than stagnet or up! You go girl you will be there in no time!! And maybe able to enjoy some Mexican food! What is it you have found on plan besides the salsa?

Kristi- GIRL!!! You are so dang close! WOOOHOOO!!! It is about time your body learned who was boss! Way to go we are so proud of you!! Stabalization is just a few weeks away! Keep up the good work!

Sy-can't wait to hear about your weigh in! Good luck!

Star-oops! You will have that scale moving the right way in no time!!! And maybe next time make sure those shots are made with sugar free jello!! What is Ketosis? Must be a good thing huh! Well I know the losses will be coming before you know it!

I just got back from weigh in and was down a full pound!!!! I was so happy to be in the land of the 130's once again! I am over half-way to my goal so for my reward I get a new charm for my bracelet! 4.8 to go to get my 20lb avitar hopefully by the end of next week! It looks like the red plan may finally have refueled my body and I hope this is an ongoing thing!!

Tams-good luck this afternoon, maybe it won't be as bad as you think! I am hoping for everyone's sake the moon stays on track and stays out of our way so we can get back on the loosing end of the scale!

Well I have a paper to write so I better get busy!
Have a great pop!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #336  

Hi all!

Had my first weigh in, down 4 since Monday, which is way cool. Got my purple card, and have already started putting sticky notes on it with questions for my Friday weigh-in.

Does someone know when you shift from one plan to the next? Is it based on weight or time on program?

I'm so glad to read your posts and see the community built here.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:21 PM   #337  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon all!!!

I would like to direct your attention directly to the left of this message I got my 5 lb avitar!!!!!!! And i will be getting my Keith Urban Cd tomorrow woohoo!!!! I was down 1.75 lbs today i was rather shocked but ill take it thats for sure. That bring my total loss to 6.25 lbs. So far im completely on plan and having a great day.

~ Heather
I will send you that email right after i finish up this post. I had a wrap like you mentioned a while back before i joined LAWL. What plan do those portions fall under do you know?

~Star
Ketosis thats great! Keep up the good work. Im sure that scale will be your friend again very soon.Hummmm you have given me a great idea i should just lock myself in my room with my treadmill maybe we will bond then lol.

~Sy
Good luck on your weigh in. No problem on helping out either cause i love to help out when i can. Everyone here was so helpful when i started so its my turn to return the favor.

~Kristi
Congrats!!! Nope i didnt get any exercise in last night i need to do it first when i get home instead of waiting really that way i know i get it in. Its not really looking good for tonight either i have a lot of homework but im gonna try my best to do 20 min when i get home after walking the dog lol. Oh i did walk across campus today does that count lol.

~June
Congrats on .8 down! Do you teach school? I might have already known this but have forgotten lol. Im going to school to be and Elem. Teacher I want to teach K or 1st. I hope your DH surgery for next week goes as well as the first one. We will be keeping all of you in our thoughts.

~Beach
Congrats on the new job and keep in touch!

~Sammy
Congrats on the 1lb down thats great!!!!

~Julie
Wow 4lbs that is great!!! The sticky notes is a wonderful idea as well cause i know after i went back i forgot to ask some things i had wanted to ask lol in fact i forgot to ask today about something too.

Everyone else have a great day and good luck on your next weigh ins!!!

Ok here is a question ill ask everyone. What do you do for breakfast as far as your 1/2 protein?? I have been having a scrambled egg but i know i cant have that every day so i was wondering what everyone did?

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #338  

Hi Ladies:
Sy How did you know I was still reading posts.
Heather the purple is after the red, you take away a 1/2 protein and a starch and cut the dairy portion in half. Good Luck
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:40 PM   #339  

Britt,
You can have 1 tbs of reduced fat peanut butter on toast...3 times a week, that was my favorite...
Ofcourse sometimes I had trouble controlling that dang spoon from making a second jump into the jar......
Then you can 1/2 of any protein on your plan......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:48 PM   #340  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - are you on the Gold Plan?

Britt- Congrats on the 5lb avatar!!!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #341  

Tammy,
No, I was on the Blue Plan. Now I'm doing another plan (Atkins).

Yes, Congrats Britt.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #342  
LAWL Center Manager

Cool Thanks for Your Support

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your support. I know that I will need you during this journey. I went to LAWL and resigned this afternoon, so I am officially starting in the morning.

To my surprise, it appears that I did actually lose some weight. I'm sure there is some difference in the scale, but I weighed in at 191. That's 7 pounds under my estimate, so I'll take it!!!

I love Pilates, so I'm thinking that will help a lot. I have a dance background, and have found it to be very helpful. Kristi, to answer your question, I'm 5'4".

Hopefully, I'll get familiar with everyone here. By the way, I have information on all the plans for those who were inquiring. Let me know if any of you would like to receive that information.

Well, let the games begin!!!

JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #343  

Good afternoon everyone

It's good to see so many people down since we all seemed to have such a hard time being good this weekend. I was down .4 today - I was hoping it would be more, but any downward movement means progress, so I'll take it. It seemed like the weight fell off so fast when I first started that I was bound to slow down sometime soon, and it looks like I've hit that slow down point.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #344  

Exclamation Hey There

Hello to all Well today had been a crummy day food wise but great in so many other ways. My class and I got approval to go forward with our park project. The kids and I had a meeting with code enforcement and public works. I was so busy getting ready I forgot to eat breakfast and left lunch at home. When school got out at 2PM i over did it. However there is always tommorrow to get back on track.

Britt-I did not recieve an email yet just figured i would let you know. It does however sometimes take a few hours so i will keep you posted...

The portions were for the red plan whitch i am about to transition from. The Oat Bran Pita Bread i buy comes from the local Hannaford(grocery store). It really makes a great travel and on the go meal.

D-Thanks for giving me the heads up about Purple...what is take off juice everyone keeps talking about?
When I did the take off I used 1/2 cantalope and 1 orange instead of there juice.

Also someone asked about the rebate and having to buy bars ect. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IN ORDER TO GET YOUR REBATE IF YOU HAVE A DOCTORS NOTE STATING THAT YOU SHOULD NOT BUY BARS FOR A MEDICAL REASON...

Talk to y'all later.
Heather
Anglzwachnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #345  

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know I am reading the posts, even when I am not participating. I weighed in today and was the same (188.4 down from 198), which is fine for now. Hope to drop on my next weigh-in on Friday. I am down almost 10 lbs. in 10 days, so I am happy.

I am doing quite well on the plan now that I am figuring out how to eat. I am on purple now because of not doing the lites. I am supposed to eat 8 oz. of chicken! That seems like a huge amount for a diet. Guess it's to make sure I get enough protein. It just seems like I eat all the time. Luckily I don't have any problems getting enough water because that's what I drink most of the time anyway - except the vodka and cranberry I had last night - that counts as a starch and a fruit, right?? Hey, when I guy offers to buy you a drink, you don't order water - you order Absolut!

I went dancing last night and that was my exercise for a while. I will be done with school for this semester on the 13th and then I have 10 days to go dancing and partying until I start again. I just have to stay away from the alcohol!

You are a great group and the support is what I need right now. I am very focused and determined this time. I had an emotional crisis this weekend and now am more determined than ever (yes, it was because of a man, but I'll be OK ). I don't even crave bad stuff anymore - not even Haagen-Daz! I know everyone will help me and hopefully, I will help some of you.

Back to my schoolwork!
Dawn
dawn0301 is offline   Reply With Quote