Old 09-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #256  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey does anyone know of a website that has some cool avitars?
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #257  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - We seem to have the same weight goal. How long have you been on the plan? How tall are you? Just curious
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #258  

Hi Tams,
Thanks for asking. I have been on "some" plan for a year now, my start weight then was 181.8. BUT I will never forget my all time high of 216 (unpregnant). Good news is my goal (150) isn't that far away now....finally. I am a 5'7", biker granny that refuses to go into "moo-moo" fashions.........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:10 PM   #259  

Default Blue Plan

Hi Chicks,

I work out 5 hours a week and they put me on the Blue Plan, it's alittle more food than the Gold. I think 1/2 Protein and 1 starch more. I liked the Blue Plan (you can have peanut butter on the Blue Plan)......
Old 09-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #260  

Kristi,

I had the exact same problem with the peanut butter and it didn't matter that is was fat free peanut butter either - I still couldn't stop....

Way to go on your "downward" move on the stubborn scale...
Old 09-30-2004, 01:46 PM   #261  
191.8/168.2/160

Speaking of "forcing" yourself to eat. I had to do that on the 3 day Take Off plan. My counselor tolf me that I wasn't eating enough!!

I almost got sick a few times.

So, if anyone is starting the Take Off, eat, eat, eat!!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:46 PM   #262  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,
The patch came off my husband's eye today, and he can't believe the difference already. The second eye will be done on October 13th - so this is a lengthy process. Right now he has to be very careful not to touch, rub, or scratch his eye - so that means a protective eye cover at night for the next 10 days. Also there are two medications in the form of eyedrops which he'll do four times a day until he finishes them, and he has to wear dark glasses for now since the light bothers his eyes, as they are sensitive. So....we're really glad he's on the way to having his sight back again.
If anybody noticed, I got my 25 lb avitar!!!! I knew from my home scale that I should be there, so I decided to weigh in today, rather than wait for tomorrow. I still plan on going tomorrow, even though I've already had my three weigh-ins this week, since it will be Open House, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

SY: Thanks so much for keepin us in your prayers and for all your concern. There may be a very good chance that when this is all over, all he'll need is reading glasses with a mild prescription. I've heard a lot about Laughing Cow cheese, but have never tried it. Homemade bread and cheese of any kind are my two biggest downfalls, so I'm not sure I can trust myself with the cheese - though if it is pre-sliced, maybe I can handle it. I'll have to look for it when I go shopping.

Star: I had to laugh when I read your comment about being a motivational speaker or cruise director. You ladies are the ones that motivate me - I still don't see myself as very inspirational lol!!! As for the cruise director, that I can see!!!!! My family calls me the "Party Planner" because I love personalizing parties and taking care of all the details - my reputation precedes me, and every time there is a celebration to be planned at school guess who's job it becomes!!!! Sounds like you are doing a great job on Atkins. I'm a firm believer that we need to shake our bodies up every so often with a change of diet in order to continue to lose weight - and it sounds like a lot of shaking has been going on your way!!!! You go girl!!!! (And glad to hear your audit went well). I'll look for an e-mail from you.

Beach: Are tomatoes part of a typical Canadian breakfast? Every country is different. When I looked at Star's Avitar, that blob in the center of the plate looked like either a burnt roll (probably because I'm craving bread) or yucky grits!!! Tomato sounds so much better to me!!!!

Brit: Thanks for your kind words, and yes there will be free samples of the new "Jet Start" product tomorrow, as well as free samples on their regular line, 30% discounts on products, and lots of raffles for things like manicures, pedicures, etc. I'm figuring that I can really enjoy the Open House now since I'm sure there will be a line to weigh-in and I won't need to do that. As for changes in excercises - yes, you are right - you need to tell them of any changes you've made including number of hours and type of excercise. Also tell them of any other changes in your daily routine, such as work/school hours, the "length" of your day (time up to time to bed). Cheese that is on program counts as dairy - but beware - the portion is very small - that's why I've stayed away. Your questions are great - keep them coming.

Kristi: Yes, that's right about the excercise and Red vs. Gold plan. Congrats on your loss!!!! See, you're on a trend now, and I really do believe TOM is what caused the stall - particularly since you weren't gaining.

Tams: I remember feeling very bloated and stuffed on the initial Juice cleansing and Take-Off and was extremely uncomfortable since that juice made me retain water, and I actually gained weight!!! We now know that juice is out of the question for me.

Okay, I'm off for now - I need to go pick my little one up at school today. I'll let you all know about the Open House. Have a great day POP!!!!

Hugs to All,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #263  

klvan- I work out at least 5 days a week...and me and boyfriend do it together...but i usually exercise at least an hour....no more than 2 tho....but i can really tell a difference in inches...and it seems the weight is falling off now....
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #264  

June, I'm so glad things are looking well for you and ayour dh. Anmd no tomatoes aren't part of a Canadian breakfast. That would be an English breakfast thing. Our breakfasts are pretty much the same as yours.
Beachlover
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #265  
Marathon Goddess

Hi ladies,

Still no movement on the scales for me, Im exactly the same as last week, they changed me from blue to red today, and said to give it another week, then we call the dietician. It has to start moving or Im going to literally cry. I was so good last week, I dont know why my body refuses to cooperate. Oh well moving on to another week!

June so glad you hubby is doing well, it must be such a relief to have that behind you. Congrats on your 25lbs, thats wonderful!

Kristi congrats on your loss. I know you must have been thrilled to see tha tstubborn scale move!

Star sounds like your doing great. Glad its working for you.

Elizabeth glad things finally took off, Im keeping my fingers crossed that the same will happen for me!

Britt it sounds like your off to a great start.

Sy thanks for the laughing cown suggestion, I had heard of it, but I wasnt sure how it tasted, glad to know someone likes it. Cheese is a serious weakness for me, but Ive been really good at measuring it out, and since thats already pre-divided that might be really helpful.

Well I better get back to work,
Have a great POP day everyone.
take care
Holly
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #266  

Hey - for all you cat lovers out there I have the "Funny Cat" reel, someone sent it to me via e-mail and it is TOO FUNNY.....

If you want a laugh, pm me with your e-mail address and I will forward......I'll be leaving in 10 minutes so if not today I will e-mail it to you tomorrow.......

Last edited by Starlynn; 09-30-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:03 PM   #267  

klvan- i am on the red plan...and yes they know im working out that much...and said i was on the right plan for now...
Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 PM   #268  

Hi everyone!

June - Glad to hear the surgery was a success. I've got my fingers crossed for you and hubby that the next one will go just as smoothly and recovery will be quick.

I was down one pound and change (can't remember how much it was and too lazy to go grab my book and look!) when I weighed in yesterday. I think I slowed down last week because I slacked off on working out, only did one of my usual four cardio days.

Funny story... We went to a Japanese hibachi restaurant last night, the kind where they cook the stuff right at your table and put on a little show (yeah, it was a bit of a cheat, mostly in the sodium dept. since I had chicken teriyaki). We had the clumsiest hibachi chef in the world! He kept dropping plates and serving dishes all over the place, then he did this thing where he bounces an egg up and down on his spatula. He was doing pretty good until he lost control of the egg, it flew into the dish in front of me and gave me a hot mustard shower! He was lucky it was me he splashed - we were sharing the table with a family and the mom looked like the kind who would have lost her mind over something like that. I figured I couldn't get too mad about it since I slimed several people back when I was a waitress, and accidentally dropped a plate on a little kid's head once.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:25 PM   #269  

Does anyone know what kind of chinese food...if any we can have...thats like my favorite food ever....and i always forget to ask when i go to my center....or what would be the best choice i should say...they all are not very good i dont think
Old 09-30-2004, 07:35 PM   #270  

Hi everyone:

June - I'm so happy that your DH 'sees' improvement already! Horray, 1 down - 1 to go! Congrats on making -25 lbs. WOW! You amaze me!

Happy: Hang in there! I will literally cry with you if the scale doesn't move for you soon. I don't want to dwell, I don't blame you for getting discouraged. Britt is right, it happened to her with a stall at the beginning, and now there is no stopping her! Do you think you could be sensitive to the potassium that is in the Morton Lite Salt? It mades me bloated? Please keep in touch and let us know how your doing! I hope they find the right plan for you soon. I'm sure they will!

Happy, June and a few others. I have to tell you, the Laughing Cow Cheese wedges are good, but not that good. I love cheese too, but this does not make me over eat. But they are low in fat and calories and do fit into the plan. It's a great spreadable cheese on our 3 LF Triscuts, or on warm diet bread toast, my sister puts her's on her baked potato. Beach, I have seen LCC in Canada as well, but for some reason - the calories are higher in the Canadian verison? Here is the scoop from what I know.

Laughing Cow Cheese wedges come in a circular box type container. The 'green' colored boxes are labled "Lite" and are very low in fat and calories. 1 wedge is 35 calories and 2.5 grams of fat. The 'green' colored boxes come in Swiss (and I have to tell you, it doesn't taste like swiss cheese), Toasted Onion and Roasted Garlic. The plain is my favorite. Some mornings I have 2 wedges because it still fits OP as my dairy and is less calories and fat then 1 stick of low fat string cheese. Next, they make a "regular" or "oringinal" version that is packaged in a 'blue box' and these are 50 calories and maybe 4 grams of fat. Laughing Cow also makes low fat cheese called Baby Bella - it is packaged like someone said - in a nylon bag (like onions come in), they are indivually wrapped in wax. I have some in the refrig, but I believe they are about 70 calories. I've only had 1 of 2 of them because I'm hooked on the spreadable type. You see, they are not that good because I can't think of another time where cheese just sits in the refrig for that long of a period. There is a website www.laughingcow.com so you can see what your looking for in the grocery store. For many months they have been hard to find because their brand is mentioned in the South Beach Diet book. Finally, they got some new equipment and are keeping up with production. No, I don't work for them and I'm not in advertising. LOL!

Wow - you guys are a bunch of losers! One, right after another! Kristi, glad your down and hopefully over that stall. Don't you just hate that! Congrats to everyone else!

Britt, your evening sounds as exciting as mine. Sorry I can't join you! LOL! Just got back from the gym for my fun evening (but I really do like to go). Britt, just a hint so you know that your doing great and the scales are reading true. I wear just about the same thing at each weigh-in. I have even brought my weigh-in clothes with me and changed before getting on the scale. Others have said they do the same thing. LOL! Oh, about the Laughing Cow Cheese. It counts as your dairy - low fat cheese choice.

Starr - I have to agree your nose looks like a tomato too. Are you still going to the center? I don't get it, your doing Atkins but they are still changing your plan at the center? Or, do you mean when you were doing LA you were on the Blue Plan? I confuse easily the past few days! LOL! And cheers to Karen, if I ate 2 jello shots - I'd be bombed. Wouldn't that count as a starch and a fat free food for each shot? LOL!

Kristi - I'm with you and the peanut butter! I'm glad I'm not on the Blue Plan - I couldn't handle being allowed to eat peanut butter.

Beach, you are so funny! I laughed when I read that you don't eat tomatoes for breakfast! I have to admit - when I'm hungry - I'll eat anything for breakfast - including tomotoes. My DH thinks I'm crazy and he thinks I have a case-iron stomach. It's going to get pretty chilly here next week, and they even said - possible snow flurries in northern NY up in the mountains. I hope that cold front misses you!

Where are you Pink?

Diane, are you still just reading? Miss hearing from you.

Everyone have a great evening. I'm going to the center tomorrow after work. I don't feel like I'll be down and I hope I'm wrong!

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote