Old 09-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #271  

Liz - I would guess that pretty much all Chinese food is off limits because even if you get something that's not too fatty, it's all loaded with tons of sodium.

On the Fast Tracker, there are a couple of Lean Cuisines that might be the closest you can get. The Sweet and Sour Chicken one is pretty good and the Potstickers are one of my favorie Lean Cuisines ever. I think both of those are under the 3x a week choices.

I make a psuedo-Asian stir fry thing that's pretty good and completely within the LA rules. I cook up some cut up chicken or shrimp in a pan with some Pam, ginger, a little garlic, and grated orange peel, then when the meat is almost done I throw some fresh pineapple in there and let it ooze out some juice (low heat and covered or it'll just sear and get dry), then I toss in some broccoli that I steamed seperately (you could stir fry your broccoli in with the meat if you like, but I like to steam all the crunch out of it), and then I sprinkle the whole thing with light soy sauce. If you want to use one of your limited starches, you could have it all on top of brown rice.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #272  

Aim: You must have been posting when I was. You were such a good sport with the mustard splash. I don't think I would have freaked out, but I think I would have been a little upset - I guess it would depends on how big/bad of a splash. You sound like a very understanding person. Congrats on being down. Have a great evening! Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 PM   #273  

aim: yeah i figured that...but it couldnt hurt to ask...it just tastes great....although i haven't had it in a while....thanks!!
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:13 PM   #274  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well i went to the center today it was my last appointment to get my plan info and bars. I of course had to weigh in lol. Guess what.... I was down 3.25 lbs!!!!! Im so excited and its not even my first full week. I was there for an hour discussing my plan and things like that.

I cant stay long Paul (b/f) is supposed to be calling soon. But i wanted to let everyone know how i did today. I still have about 10 oz of water left to drink before bedtime lol i better hurry. Im glad to see everyone doing so well. Oh and i think im going to pick out something this weekend to weigh myself in every MWF. Ok im gonna run now ill talk to everyone tomorrow

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #275  

Hello Chicks,

Sy, My mistake, I met, when I was going to LA I was on the Blue Plan,now I'm on that "other plan." Sorry......

My d-i-l gave me a pair of her jeans, Eddie Baurer, size "10." Guess what? They actually fit, I was in shock, but very happy shock!!! I haven't been a size 10 in a hundred years........

Okay have to run and do some work...check back later.....(((HUGS)))
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #276  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey all~

I missed posting yesterday but it was a crazy day. THis week has been one of my worst weeks. I have been POP and my home scale is hovering and not moving. I weigh in this morning and I am pretty frustrated with the .4 and .6 losses. I think it is weird as I was loosing much more than that. At the center though as long as you are "averaging" a certain amount of pounds per week they never seem concerned. Well I think that is bogus as they can't gage your overall loss I think it should be a weekly thing. I have talked to them about my new exercising but they are pretty confident that it is not going to be an issue. I work out for 1 hour six days a week and they say because my heartrate is not elevated the entire time "it should be fine!" Well if I have not had a good loss I think I will loose my patience.

Sorry that sounded scathing it has been a week from **** and to stay on plan with stress is so dang hard. Then when you do make that major accomplishment and the scales do not show you a reward for that hurdle it is so discouraging!!!

Sounds like eveeryone is doing so good! Liz- how nice it is to see the plan working for you! And Tams- yea, I asked about the chinese food and got the big old "NO" nothing is on plan! I even thought about the mongolian bbq where they cook your food while you wait then take it to your table. And counselor said if you are going to do that you need to do that at home so you can control what is going into the cooking process and what kind of oil and sauce is actually being used! I am with you though I miss that the most!!! June-so glad to hear hubby's surgery went well! It is amazing what we become accustumed to and don't even realize it until we are brought back to reality! And especially congrats to you!!! 25lbs!!! That must feel so good!! Are you close to goal??

Kristi-way to go on the downward slope of the 130's! I can't wait to get there with you!!

Britt-that is a great loss on the take off! Makes those days of eating all that nasty meat worth it huh! You go girl!

Star-I read your and kristi's posts yesterday about the pb and my mouth is still wateriing!!! I had to make PB sandwich for my son this morning and it was hard not to take a big scoop of it!!! Way to go on Atkins and the size 10!

Aim-I love the tepanyaki grill places! My DH boss and wife are Asian and they have taken us to one before and the kids all loved it! My oldest son was even trying squid and octopus and stuff!!

Happy-I am with you! If that scale does not start moving reallllllly soon like this morning, I am going to cry and it won't be the first time this week either! I got into it with my 4 year old the other night and he reared his head forward and hit my mouth (I have braces) so yea, I immediately left his room in tears and of course DH is out of town so that did not help, anyway good luck and I am thinking about you as I think we are in the same boat.

Sy-Thanks for the cheese info! THat is one thing I can honestly say I don't miss! I would like a cheese and cracker snack but there are other things I miss more! PB and mocha's to name a few! Good luck at weigh in today!

Well I better get my son needs to get to the bus as he missed it yesterday! Yea, like I needed that this week! The big birthday party is thiss weekend so I start cleaning house and cooking today! My goal is to stay close to plan but expecting to make failures! Hope all are loosers and POP this day and this weekend! THanks for letting me vent! I swear I will be more postitive next time!
Sammy

Somebody asked for my "chart" and I am more than happy to send it to anyone just send me your e-mail!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #277  

Sammy -
Don't be so hard on yourself....you have lost over 16 pounds since August. No think about this. If you weren't on plan how much do you think you would have gained on top of your start weight of 156? If you are like me you would have gained some. So you have made a great deal of progress. So there's no need to cry about losing over 16 pounds.
Next, talk to your counslors again, tell them about your concerns with the slow loss and see if they will reconsider putting you on a different color plan.
I have lost at the rate of a turtle, but I was a big turtle (214) now I'm a medium size turtle (162.8) and soon I will be a small turtle.........that's the blonde way of thinking about it.....lol
Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 AM   #278  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - I like your way of thinking and we have something else in common, we are both blondes!!!!

I'm sure they are saying no to Chinese food because of the MSG and sodium content.

But, I did have some garlic chicken and veggies last week and I wasn't hand slapped. So, who knows. As long as it is in moderation.

I go for my week weigh-in tomorrow and hope I can get to the 2lbs mark for this week.

I'm also have a laser peel done on my face today and am very excited!!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:17 AM   #279  

Tams,
You are doing great, losing at the speed of lightning! See, us blondes have alot in common.......don't mean I'm losing fast,but the other stuff..

About the chinese food. This is what I did a couple of times. DH and I love Chinese food and have our favorite chinese resturant. So when we ordered I told them NO MSG, no sodium and no extra flavorings.Please just stir fry my veggies and chicken. So it came out really plain, but it was still good and it was better than staying at home eating Lean Cusine........

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-01-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #280  

There are Oriental-style Lean Cuisines - let's see...Oriental Beef, Sweet & Sour Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Thai-Style Chicken (one of my favorites!), Vergetable Egg Roll, Mandarin Chicken, Hunan Beef...anyway there's a lot! And also, I got my LAWL cookbook the other day, and it also has several really eas-looking recipes for Oriental-style cooking at home. I SOOOO miss my Leeann Chin Orange Chicken...there's a recipe in the book for orange chicken that I think I will try this weekend.

BTW, you all are doing really great! I've had a very lazy week when it comes to keeping my diary and weighing in, and of course once you start that slide it takes a lot of willpower to get back on track. I'm hoping that my really busy weekend inspires me to be very on track instead of very off!

I've got my first RE class tomorrow - I'm excited but nervous at the same time - how on earth are we going to get through a 600-page textbook in four days - and learn everything we need to know to pass the exams??? Crazy. And of course, the stuff in the book is the technical hoo-ha - and has very little to do with actually selling houses. I was always an excellent student but I've been out of practice for five years, and this is some intense stuff. Excited but nervous, nervous but excited!

Have a good afternoon everyone - it's cold and rainy here today - sure can tell it's fall! Makes me want to just curl up on my couch with a book and a blanket and a cat.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #281  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi everyone!

Star and Kristi-Thank you for the kind words and encouragement I knew there was a reason I keep coming back to this board for support!! The good news is when I went in today I was up .4. I know that is not much but considering that I have been 100% op all week there is cause for some raised eyebrows!!! I got a great counselor today so when I saw the numbers up above 140 again I said okay we need to figure this out! She at first was like that is not that much. So I walked her back through my history of the last couple of weeks and told her that pretty much prior to that I had been loosing very steadily. Then told her about the major change in my workout routine this week and told her I did not keep my heartrate up the entire time but the tape I use lasts one hour then I do another two tapes at night that are just legs and abs. Well, she said, let me recalculate. Guess what? She moved me to the red. Told me to try for two weeks then we will reevaluate and see where I am in two weeks. Initailly she thought I was retaining water and asked if I was being religious about that and I told her yes, I get in my water plus some. The she said do you feel like you are retaining? I told her no as I could barely keep my rings on my fingers and even when I was pregnant water retention was NEVER a problem. Well all I can say is I am going to give it a couple weeks or a month and see what happens! I was so excited to buy PB at the store today!!!! Of course it is limited back I am okay with that! So everyone keep their fingers crossed that this adjustment works and I get back to being a big looser!

Fiona-good luck with your class tommorrow and have a fun time!

I better get to the house work I wish somebody would do it for me or it would clean itself!! Have a pop everyone!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #282  

Fiona, I'm right there with you. I'm having a really hard time getting my butt in gear today. I did make it to the gym since I have a standing appointment with the personal trainer specifically designed to get me in there on days I feel like this. I'm gonna skip weighing in today and go tomorrow, partially because I don't want to leave the house again, and partially because I think it might be bad news, so I want another day to correct the past few days' cheats.

OK, another question for everyone...

When you dine out, do you ask for things cooked without salt, seasoning, and oils like LA advises you to do?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #283  

Thanks, Kristi!

That's what I do at restaurants, too. When I used to wait tables, it was always a huge inconvenience when people ordered something dry and plain. Usually the kitchen would have to defrost a fresh piece of fish or chicken or whatever, since they were pre-seasoned every morning, and it added 15-20 minutes to the cook time. By the time the food was cooked, the customers would be mad it took so long.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #284  

Thumbs down bad week

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while. I had a really bad week at work and with DH and kids and did terrible. In fact I don't believe i followed the plan for one day I did go to Walmart and bought the 48 hour Hollywood juice and am going to do that this weekend and start anew for Monday. I am also going to start going to Curves and hopefully that will give me the boost I need. If anyone has any suggestions for how to make chicken taste good 5 days a week I would appreciate it. I am on the purple plan and want to try to stay away from red meat. That is my real downfall. If anyone has some meal ideas I am open to that. I own a c-store and have to deal with candy, pop and all that yummy junk food which is very hard for me as I am a carb, junk food addict!!!

Kari
karia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:53 AM   #285  
laureen

Hi Everyone,
I really enjoy reeading your posts!! It is so helpful. Do any of you know of any substitutes for the LA lites?? I was moved from the gold plan to the purple because it has more proteins and veggies because I was not eating the La lites. I did buy the cookbook and made the Sweet and Sour Chicken, it was very good and my family loved it. Well just returned from a ladies shopping trip so I have to weig in tomorrow, I didn't eat bad but did not eat everything on the plan. My daughter Jenn is down 10 lbs in 2 weeks and I 6.6 lbs. Can you just follow the Take Off plan while you are on a specific plan?? Thanks for all the helpful info.
Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote