Old 10-19-2004, 04:43 PM   #511  

Kristi, Doesn't that love for Kraft come with having kids? It's so easy and they love it....hey if you get some you can make your own....

Fiona, If you quit now you will gain weight - it is a given. Just suck it up, go to the grocery store and get back with it tomorrow. Start drinking the water right now.....I know you had plans of being alittle smaller by Thanksgiving or Christmas. There's no time like right now, come on, hang with us.......it's fun here and we want you to stay........(HUGS)
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #512  

Fiona,
Kristi is right, we are all human -look at us we look like a bunch or round headed challenged bubbleheads........None of us are have super powers when it comes to this diet thing. Basically we all struggle along the best we can and try to make it fun........
Okay, now go drink your water........(HUGS)
Old 10-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #513  

Wooow, you guys, thanks for the support. But I guess I wasn't clear - when I say I want to go on hold, I didn't mean off-plan. I would totally still stick to the plan. I just am letting myself get overly stressed out at the thought of having to "face the music" of my slip-ups at weigh ins right now. Especially since my two favorite counselors just left and I always seem to get stuck with the one really critical girl, and I can feel my blood pressure rising when I'm sitting there feeling like I have to defend my food choices.

Okay, now I'm just blathering and making excuses. I'm in a lousy mood. I need a pep talk (not a lecture, lol).

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #514  
156/127.4/127.4

Fiona-I was going to do homework but not now!!! You need some pick me up and we are just the chicks to do it!!! 1)Don't give into temptation! You feel weak and vulnerable and that is okay but you let the food win if you give in!! 2)This is only fall what will be your excuse when it gets realllllly cold! Sounds mean I know and I really want a mug of hot cocoa with all those mini marshmellows too but here I sit with ice cold water!! 3)If you stop you will have to start all over and think of that nasty take-off! One only wants to do that once! Or maybe another idea is to do the take off jump right back on the horse and go again! I know how much easier it is to eat what is available and eat out just to get it over with , but use that money at the grocery store for chicken or turkey and veggies! Apples are so good and crisp right now so get out there and get some!!! PLEASE don't give in! Set that mini-goal in your book and GO GO GO!!! You can do this Fiona you already made the biggest step and that is admitting that you are unhappy with yourself and now use that to make it right for yourself!!! Come on chickies, get in and lets with Fiona! She needs us today!!!

GO FIONA!!! IT'S NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY!! BUT YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #515  

Oh, and did I mention that DH has lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks or so? Just from not having the junk food type stuff in the house. I'm thrilled for him, of course, but also cranky. Feels like everybody in the world is losing weight faster than me.

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 10-19-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #516  

Lol, Kristi. Some days you need a kick in the pants, other days you just need a hug, right? I'm sure one of these days it will be kick-butt time again, and I'll know just who to come to.

I think I AM going to visit my center tonight, pick up the last of my supply of bars (I need to order more of those, too) and tell them not to expect me in for a couple of weeks, though. I know that I've been b-a-a-a-a-d these last couple days, on top of the weekend, and I'm giving myself enough grief over it, I don't need THEIR scale to rub it in my face, too. But I'll still be OP and checking in here, so you guys will have to help me stay accountable, too.

Edited to add: AND, by putting my program on hold, I'm not "wasting" weight-loss weeks on weight that I've already lost once (or twice)!

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 10-19-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #517  

Hi all,

Haven't checked in for a couple of days since I've been really depressed about this diet thing, too. Must be something in the air, or maybe Mercury is in retrograde??

WI yesterday, up .2, which truthfully is not bad since TOM *finally* started yesterday after WI. Did manage to stay away from the homemade carrot cake, and only had a small baked potato and stayed away from the corn on the carb.

Unfortunately, I think I have one of the poor counselors intimidated - I keep on asking her about menu options - I asked her about Weight Watchers frozen dinners which are not on the fast tracker - and she said they were not on the program, everything is very specifically planned. I think she's just tired of me asking these questions!

What's been the experiences on the carb cravers? Does it seem to slow down weight loss? Finally found the light speghetti sauce, so I can experiment with that (although I did think of using half as much regular sauce)

Sammy - I think you've got it right - learning to eat in moderation the same things as my family eats! Also, does your mom eat more choices if she's not eating the bars?

Kristi - I'm really looking forward to increased protein choices when I reach stabilization.

Fiona - I think I've gone through this 'honeymoon is over' stage after about two months on the last few diets I've been on. I have never really found the right way around it, but hope the counselors can do something. Maybe find some new variety while staying POP? Can you talk to the center manager if you find this counselor really critical? I'm actually thinking about this myself.

I do have to agree, that I'm not perfect about measuring my vegie servings, and don't get in all my fruit. I've never been much of a fruit eater, unless it's been canned in syrup! And I'm getting bored with light bread and plain melba toasts.

Hugs to all - hopefully WI will show something tomorrow for us all!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:45 PM   #518  

Hey Julie - sounds like you are hanging in there! Good for you. This particular counselor isn't THAT bad - she and I just don't mesh well. Sometimes I think she thinks that fat=stupid about food, so she tends to be kind of lecturish which (ha ha ha!) I don't respond to very well. She is thin and I don't think she is an LA "success story" (which is to say, I think she's just naturally thin) so I'm not sure she really understands what we go through, you know? I also think that she is the new manager of my location since our previous manager left to open a new location, so there's not really anyone higher up to "complain" to! I may just have to bite it and explain that I don't like her lecturing tone, if it happens again. We shall see.

BTW, I picked up my bars but I didn't go on hold. It was funny, once I was THERE, it felt a lot more like cheating!!

Have a good night everyone - DH is at a church meeting and DD is in bed, so I'm on my own until DH comes home, then hopefully I'll get to go grocery shopping if it's not too late.

Hey, did anyone else watch Biggest Loser???

Fiona
Old 10-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #519  
156/127.4/127.4

Evening all!

Sorry Fiona, I think we beat you up and I know that was not our intentions, PLEASE forgive us!! (At least me anyways!!) I am glad though you did not put your plan on hold! Maybe once the old manager opens up the new location you could go there??? I know at my center we have "naturally" skinny people, were they honestly that desperate for a job???

I watched the biggest looser on t.v. and dang I can tell already I am hooked! It was interesting! I wished they would have showed more what they should have been eating I think....

I totally skipped dinner. Cooked it, had a bite and tried to force myself and could not. Not sure the problem just not hungry for what I had cooked for myself! This old thing of cooking for me and then cooking for them is getting so old. I want a semi-normal life back! I know it wil be here before I know it!
Have a nice evening all I am off to bed! WI tommorrow and they are giving me a 10 week evaluation where they are supposedly offering bars at the "bulk" rate again. Not sure if I am going to buy them as I still have some left in the cupboard and on credit there. Are they supposed to be used during stabalization and who plans on using them during stabalizaiton???
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #520  

During stabilization and maintenance I think you eat one bar a day instead of two.

Will write more later.

Fiona
Old 10-20-2004, 11:07 AM   #521  

Default Hump Day....

Hey, where are all you chicks today
Can you come out and play
Old 10-20-2004, 11:11 AM   #522  

Okay me again....

Crisis over, I think! I went grocery shopping late last night, and strangely enough, shopping really helps put me in an "eat right" kind of mood. I think a lot of my stress was coming from the fact that I couldn't find the "right" things to eat!

And I didn't eat dinner last night - I forgot all about it. I just wasn't ever hungry - even walking the grocery store aisles! So the scale this morning says that I've undone a lot of the damage that I did - or thought I did, anyway. I haven't been paying very close attention to my scale these last few days. Even though I haven't written in my diary for five days, I think I'm exactly where I was at my last weigh in on Friday. So that's something!

I guess that's it for me - I'm going to face that darn music and weigh in at lunchtime, even though my diary is blank for almost the last week.

Fiona
Old 10-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #523  

Default This post is based on treads up to page 40...

So many posts, I’ll go in order.

Sammy and Fiona: I did watch the “Biggest Loosers” last night on TV. It was pretty interesting. I don’t care how big a person is, I couldn’t believe some of the guys actually lost 22 lbs in 1 week. I was totally amazed. I loved it when they put all the food on the table of what each person ate. Most could not believe it themselves. The only thing I didn’t like about the show is that I feel bad for the people who have to leave each week. There are so many on that program that really need the support and we willing to get weighed on public TV.

Sammy: When I first started at LA, I didn’t take off my suit type jacket off when I got on the scale. I remembered and asked the person to weigh me again without the jacket. The jacket weighed 1 lb. So, since that day – I wear about the same thing each time. If I have wear something to work the day I’m going to weigh-in, I bring the other clothes with me and change in the restroom before getting on the scale. Something else I wanted to share. I know that lots of us get on the home scale daily or several times a day. Since going to LA, and since they weigh me more than once a week – I have only gotten on my home scales once since April. Sam, thanks for the pep talk. I know it’s only 7 lbs to my goal and I will make it. I really think I’m ruining LA’s averages by not getting to my goal.

Kristi: Thanks for your words of wisdom. I needed that right now. I have to get over whatever is causing my slow down or I should say - complete stall! I know I’m happy that I’m not gaining – but something has to push me over the edge to get to my original goal. I actually feel great and feel pretty good at my current weight (I’m not thin – just satisfied). I’m 1-2 lbs from my WW goal, but my LA goal is -5 lbs from that. I know I can do it – just need a lightning blot to zap me.

Fiona: I’m not sure how to reply to you. You will most likely be upset with this reply, and I don’t’ mean any harm – but you are the only person who can decide if you want to lose the weight. I think you need to take a step back and maybe put the LA plan on-hold. I know others may not agree, but it seems like you’re just not into giving the plan a solid try. You may need to go back to the drawing board and decide – Do you really want to lose the weight? Are you really doing this for yourself? Are you willing to change your eating habits to succeed? If we all could do it on our own, we would not have joined LA in the first place, right? So, on the other hand, I don’t believe that you will stick to the plan without being held accountable and it sounds like you don’t want to be held accountable right now? Maybe it’s your time for reflecting and deciding that you really want to do? We will continue to offer encouragement – but can’t make that decision for you. Good Luck at whatever you decide.

Kristi, if you can image – my DH will try just about anything at least once, and he cooked and eaten squirrel at home (wasn’t roadkill, TG). I can see skinny little Kristi standing on the side of the road – looking for dinner and having to fight with the crows just to stay on plan. 

Star, I love your posts. Where the heck did you get those cow images? LOL! I agree with your comments to Fi and we want her to stay and be successful. I just read your signature again. “Falling down is not failure… Failure is staying down” – I really like that! Okay, sometimes it takes me longer to have things sink in. LOL! Hey, because of your comments I got some water and starting drinking it again. It’s the hardest think for me to do lately. NO MORE EXCUSES for me!

Sammy, more good advise!

Hey ladies, you may have already tried this – but it’s really quick and tastes good too. Makes it a nice fall treat. For my fruit – I have been slicing my apple and putting it in the microwave (in a bowl of course) for 1-2 minutes. Then sprinkle with Splenda and Cinnamon – it’s really yummy (sugar-free applesauce in just minutes). The skin gets really tough so you may want to peel the apple first.

Hey Fiona. See, you proved that not having the junk food around does make a difference. Go to the grocery store and stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Don’t let DH’s weightloss get you down. You can do this yourself!

Julie: Sounds like your doing good and making good choices. Once TOM kicks in – I normally see a bigger lose than other times so hang in there, the scale will be down in no time. About the WW frozen meals, WW has not granted LA the rights to use there product names on LA’s plan. There are tons of choices for frozen meals – ask for a list. There are more than what is in the Tracker. I don’t do the carb carvers too much because I feel that protein fills me up better than carbs. My younger sister who has been at goal for about 6 weeks always include CC once we found out about them. Depending on what color plan would decide if CC are worth it to me or not. I’m on the GOLD and I normally hungry after eating a CC. My older sister is on the Purple and she can have REAL bread and that would make the difference to me. They would surely give you something of a change, so why not give it a try? For your starch, you can have 3 LF Triscuts for a change, and you can put whatever you want on them to make them better. FF cream cheese and SF jam would be a good choice. Sometimes I use my fat for the day and just spead butter on them. Sometimes I spread them with Light Laughing Cow chesse spread (wedges). I do the same for my toast (light bread). You need to mix things up a bit so you don’t get so bored.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #524  

Default Way to go Fiona...

Hi Girl,

Glad you are feeling better today, we all have those "off" days...
About WI at the center. Listen, no matter what you've done, believe me they have seen worse There are people that refuse to keep a food diary period. There are folks that lose slower than you do. The counslors know all of this, but they aren't gonna tell you So you get on that scale and just remember this is a new start for you and you are in the right place
Old 10-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #525  

Sy,

Okay you ask where did I get the cows? Well you have to reply in the "Go Advanced" then under the smiles it says "more" choose that and then you will get an entire page of really fun icons, check it out.
Hey, you give great advice, I'll remember that for when I need some......
I give advice but I don't always do it myself, like I need to go get some H20 right now..... (Hugs)

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-20-2004 at 11:43 AM.