Old 10-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #316  

Default Morning Chicks....

I started the day off great went to the gym had a good workout. Got ready for work there and wore a turtle neck and pants I hven't worn since last winter, guess what the lumps are gone from my hips......whew hoo. Hope nobody finds them on the floor somewhere.

Welcome to all the newbies, especailly Dawn - the tailgate party Sangria girl I have noticed that our thread seems to attract really fun women. Women that want to still have a life and lose weight at the same time. What do they say "Birds of a feather flock together?" Geez. it sure sounds like it must of been a full moon or something - we all had problems last weekend.

Heather, I am so sorry for your misfourtune with LA. I'm sure if you hang around here you will learn everything you need to accomplish your goals. We have some great leaders and teachers on here and then others that are here to pick us up when we fall down. Just say what you need and usually several chicks on here will help you out (to all of you). Great advice thread!

Unlike me, I was so good yesterday and today, I'm almost looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow Cross everything you can for me....

(((HUGS))) P.S. - It's 32 degrees here today.....

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-05-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:15 AM   #317  

Good morning, all.

Glad to hear that there are other newbies on the board- and others that are facing a long haul (but day by day).

I'm also facing a goal next summer - flying to England for a tour, and want to fit in a plane seat! Plus have energy for all the sightseeing.

Do you all present social situations (like eating out, family party's, etc) to your counselor for guidance?

Enjoy the fall weather! It's beautiful here in Northern Virginia.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #318  

Julie,

Yes, I told the counselors about all my upcoming soical events. That's what they are there for, to help your plan your method of attack. They will give you suggestions and ideas going into the event. For me, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Regardless, they need to know what your up against, they also should be able to understand the temptations associated with all those "life happens" events.

I have read that the people most successful at reaching goal are the one's that might slip for an event, but get right back on plan the next day. So for the "long haul" that is something to keep in mind.......
(HUGS)
Old 10-05-2004, 11:36 AM   #319  

Kristi,

If you go Mexican, how about fajitas or Chicken taco salad? BUT take it easy on the frozen margaritas

WAY TO GO on your loss, you are doing great and will be at goal in no time. You have to stay around here to cheer us on.......

Old 10-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #320  

Kristi - I'm with Star. Chicken fajitas are a pretty good, healthy choice at a Mexican restaurant. See if they can give you some extra veggies like tomatoes and lettuce to pile in there with the chicken and peppers to make them more filling. According to LA the onions in there would be a no-no, but if it were me, I'd eat 'em!
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #321  

Default New Name.....

Chicks,

Should this thread be called LAWL/AA & Friends?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #322  
191.8/168.2/160

Kristi - What kind of scale did you get and where did you buy it?

I was awful this weekend, but am back OP now. I'm sure my weigh in tomorrow will show how bad I was.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 PM   #323  

Tammy,
I have the same scale, it is awesome. It "almost" makes you want to get on it......
It's well worth the money....
Old 10-05-2004, 01:38 PM   #324  
LAWL Center Manager

Oops! I posted to the wrong page. Well, here it is again...

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch. I have been through SOOO much over the last few weeks. Needless to say, I have not been successful with following the LAWL diet on my own. So, I will be rejoing tomorrow.

The center here gave me somewhat of a deal - 30 weeks for $240. I'm at about 196 (will have the official weight tomorrow), and my goal weight is 140 (size 8). We'll see how it goes!

I'm not big on exercise, but I am a former dancer, so I'll be coupling the Winsor Pilates program with this. I truly hope to be successful. One thing is for sure - this board will be a great help! For me, accountability and encouragement often make all the difference.

Well, I'll check in with you all tomorrow!

Joy
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #325  

Hi all, just a quick note. It's so fun to read your posts Kristi and Star. Sometimes it has me ROTF-LMAO. You guys are making want a cocktail so please stop! LOL!

Heather, I'm so sorry and hopefully something will work out for you. Why don't you try the Purple Plan, I think that is the next step down from the Red Plan. Someone here can give you the exact portions - you have already lost 28 lbs which is awesome. We can try to be counselors here and offer you suggestions and recommendations whenever you need them. Actually if Diane was still reading, she would be the person who knows all about all the plans. She always offered great advise and has tried several plans. Maybe she is still a reader - Die, if your still out there - can you help Heather out on her question on the plans?

Kristi - WOW, your almost at goal! Don't freak out before making it! You are so close, can't you taste it. I bet it will taste better than any Mexican Food or even an Margaritta (did I say that?).

Gotta go, take care and so far - I'm doing fine on this week's challenge.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #326  
156/127.4/127.4

Joy-way to go in doing this for yourself! I think with this plan and Windsor's you will do well!

Heather-if you go to e-bay some people are selling all plans that contain all the information for like 5 dollars! It may be worth it while you wait to see what happens with getting your money back?? They even sell the bars there!

Kristi-You go girl! I want to be doing that happy dance with you tommorrow! My body is liking 140 and I keep telling it you don't always get what you want in life!!! I feel a lot better today as I have been POP. There are two cupcakes on the counter beckoning me! If it was not for the children I would throw them away but they asked if they could eat them after school today. Last chance though and they are going!!!

Star-AA? Yes! I am good until I get a mixed drink in my hand! A greyhound or margarita would be just what the doctor ordered! Wine does not appeal to me as it makes my bed do really funny things when I lay down!! I never acquired that taste for red and well beer just does nothing for me!! I hate the taste! Hi, My name is Cindy and I am an alcoholic! I have been sober now for 2 months and counting!!! I could play the part! My favorite all time movie is When a Man Loves a Woman with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia. She is an alcky and then turns her life around!! So it is proof we could all do it! That is if we had to! I am crossed at all angles for you tommorrow! I am hoping for the same for myself!

Tams-Dust off, chin up and start that new page in your diary and go again! You can do this!!

June-Hope all is well!
Fiona-Miss you girl! Has anyone heard from her????

Sy-glad to hear things are going good for you and you are meeting your challenge!

Karen-are you back from the races??

Well I gotta get, schoolwork, housework, well they are calling to me!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #327  

chicks,

Just a quick post. Went to a late lunch with d-i-l and my adorable grandson, David. He's 10 months and is the happiest little guy in Michigan. I didn't have much time to eat as I was too busy having a baby talk conversation with him

Now that we have admitted to several bad addictions, we can use this thread as a "multi-tasker." Sammy, my drink of choice is also a greyhound. The problem to having even one drink on plan is that it opens up thoughts that alittle of "whatever" food won't make a difference. So it's best for me not to even go there.....

Heather, I have the Blue plan if you want it. Let me know.
Sy, you were the one with all the great advice I was mentioning earlier. if this Diane knows more than you - too bad she's gone.
(HUGS) to all you other chicks - I gotta get out of here for today.......have a great POP night!!!
Okay, who watches Bad Dog Bounty Hunter and who watches Nip/Tuck???
DH and I watch the Dog....
Old 10-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #328  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon all!!

Hey heather if you will send me your email addy i will email the plans to you i just bought them on ebay what 2 weeks ago to help me with research before i decided to join the program. So that way you wont have to pay for them.

I havent drank all my water for the past two days but i almost have it all in already so im glad im getting back to that. I tell ya one day of not doing something kills ya getting back into it lol. Other than that im doing fairly well and OP. I go to the center tomorrow and hopefully will be down again my goal from the counselor was .75 but my personal goal is .5 cause i want the Keith Urban Cd lol. I havent started any exercise yet but i need to. I keep saying in going to get on my treadmill or do the easy step video. Im gonna make a better effort to do that tonight lol.

~Tams
I also have the same scale and I really like it. I like the fact that it keeps up with how much you have lost its great. Well worth the money thats for sure.

~Joy
Welcome back to the program. Hope you have good luck with it. There are several newbies here so just jump on in.

~Star
Sounds like you had a great lunch!!

~Kristi
I think you can be strong if you end up going for the mexican route. Fajitas are great anyway.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #329  

Red face Thank you all for your Kindness

I just want to thank you all for being so kind...I actually came upon this forum sight while searching for LAWL plans on the web. It has defintly been my blessing. Thanks to all of you who have offered a friendly hand and a spiritual smile. Any and all help is very welcomed and I am thankful for you all...
when we did have a center I was told we could have an oat bran low carb pita 6 inches both halves. It is about 60cals 2.5grm fat and 5 carbs makes a great lunch so build yourself a dagwood and enjoy.
My favorite way to stuff it is with :
7oz. chicken, 1 cup Romaine lettuce and 1/4c.Parmesean shreds with Cains Fat Free Ceaser
The coucilor said to count it as
1protien, 1 dairy, 1 starch, 1 veggie, 1 free food
Talk to y'all real soon...
Heather
Anglzwachnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #330  

Default Happy Hump Day Chicks....

The was unfriendly this morning. I'm blaming it on the evil jello shots last Saturday.... Thank goodness I didn't weigh on Sunday morning, no telling how bad it was Actually, this is exactly what I weighed the morning of that evil night.

That's behind me now and I will know better next time. The price was pretty big - like four whole days.

I have been totally on plan and my Ketostix is purple, that is a good sign All I have to do now is have my DH lock me in the basement for the weekend........that would be good, all my exercise stuff is down there anyhow....

(HUGS)