Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #241  
191.8/168.2/160

Kristi - I'm sending <<<<<vibes>>>>>>> to you for willpower!!!!

You can do it, girl. Just get some water and eat some fruit and stay away!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:05 PM   #242  
234/165.8/160

Tams: Your reply made me LOL at my desk ;-) Don't get me wrong I enjoy starches as much as the next girl, but melba toast and diet bread aren't my idea of starches ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions of how to fit in the starches...I definitely am taking advantage of my limited starches (potatoes and rice) and have been having a piece of diet bread with diet margarine at dinner, so it's getting better...it's the morning one I have a hard time finding...
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:45 PM   #243  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi all! Just got back from weigh in and was down .6! Yea, not much but better than a gain right Kristi!!!

I could not be in a place where there was food all around so good for you and your will power! This weekend is my little one's b-day so I am going to splurge with chili which is not tooo bad and a small piece of b-day cake. I finally got below the 140 mark so this could do me in and put me back up!

Well I am going to go study! DH is in NC until Friday night and I have class tonight so my 14 year old is in charge of the house till I get home..... He is so responsible but I hate leaving them.

Good day pop to everyone I am going to go heat up my Lean Cuisine for lunch!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:36 PM   #244  

Hi all....quiet afternoon on here...

I'm bored at work, and as we all know, boredom leads to eating....so far haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to but I've got a whole box of chocolate crunch Lites in my desk and I think I could eat the entire thing without even realizing what I was doing...I refilled my water bottle instead of grabbing pop out of the fridge, so that should be worth something too...mentally satisfying to know I did the right thing but also kinda puts me in that "I hate this diet" mood.

Only an hour to go...

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:04 PM   #245  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon all!!!

I had a few minutes here at work and thought i would stop in and see how everyone was doing today and let you know how im doing.

~Sammy
congrats on being down today. Maybe you shouldnt tell your DH lol that way he cant say told ya so! Keep up the good work and have fun at class tonight.

~Tams
WTG 1.6 down since Saturday is great. Walking is a great source of exercise and its also not extreamly difficult. Did you get the easy steps video from LAWL? I got one and im gonna start it tonight. But whatever you do if your body isnt used to exercise then start out slowly. The 7 miles is a good goal for you but i would probably start out less than that and increase weekly till you get to 7 and by then maybe you will want to go farther.

~Fiona
I hear ya. Today while in class ( i was eating my cucumbers) someone down the hall (in the professors lounge area) warmed up PIZZA!! I was like oh come on you could have done that yesterday but not today lol. I just kept eating my cucumbers and ranch and just crunching away during class.

~Kristi
Glad to see that you are staying the same and not going up im sure you will be down very soon keep up the good work.

~Audit
I havent gotten into the regular part of my program yet so im not sure about the starches or even what plan im gonna be on lol but ill find out tomorrow. Breakfast starches are usually the hardes to do.

Well the first day of take off for me has been good. Im going on 40 oz of water as we speak! So the water part is going well. I have had two of my four glasses of the juice and its not bad at all. It kind of taste like V-8 Splash to me. I was kind of worried about that because to just look at in that bottle well its not the first thing i would run up and grab lol. I had Steak and eggs for breakfast lol not bad for changing my eating habits. And i have had veggies and protein since then. Im getting ready for my afternoon snack and im gonna have some tuna. I got the Hidden Valley Ranch Light in the single servings but its so strong im not sure i can keep eating that i might have to find something else. But I love the fact that they are in individual packages they need to have that in Ken's Steakhouse Dressing lol. Oh i have also had a can of Diet Dr. Pepper today. I wish they made Diet Dr. Pepper in the little cans. I dont drink soda, coke, pop whatever you call it lol often so i would rather have the small cans instead of 12 oz of it. If anyone sees it let me know where. Well when i go home tonight im gonna do some housework, make dinner, try that easy steps tape and read for school so much funnnnnn anyone want to join me?

It was really quiet here today lol. Talk to everyone soon!! Drink your water.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:55 PM   #246  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks Kristi!!! Me too i was making sure i was drinking water yesterday and watching what i ate even though i started today. I weighed last night ( was like .2 off with center) and then again this morning. I was down 4lbs but im sure there was a lot of factors for that such as clothing and time of day and so forth but hey i wouldnt mind lmao. Ill keep everyone posted and let you know how i do for the two days.

Britt
Old 09-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #247  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hello Everyone,
It was a very long day - but I thought I'd take a moment for me and read the posts. The surgeon feels that everything went well - though this was the complicated eye, as the cataract was extremely advanced and required more work than the usual case. Tomorrow morning the surgeon will take the patch off, and we shall see - I hope!!! The other eye surgery is set for October 13th. Thank you all so much for keeping us in your prayers. We really appreciate it.
I think I forgot to mention that my center is having an Open House on Friday. There will be raffles, 30% discounts on products and introduction of a new product called "Jet Start." It counts as a fruit and a dairy - and it's supposed to be like a specialty coffee. I'll be interested to see what that's like. I'll let you know, as I hope to weigh-in on Friday.

SY: That's such a funny story about the post!!! It's something I would do!!! Your work schedule sounds great to me - I'm actually a morning person - so teaching works well for me. I also hate the snow and having to drive in it, so I hear you about preferring the early hours during the winter months. Glad you were able to survive the munchies!!! It's probably a sign that your metabolism is working at a good rate - so I think it's actually a good thing.

Star: Congrats on your loss!!! Sounds like Atkins is working for you, and more importantly it sounds like something you can live with since you feel full. You go girl!!! By the way, give a hug to Karen for me.

Brit: Glad to hear that the Take-Off is working for you, and congrats on taking the plunge!! Star and Fiona's lemon water analyses were totally correct. As for the Take-Off, like you I wanted to start that very day since I had not eaten anything yet, but they told me to weight until the next day, and start early in terms of the food intake - so I'm not surprised they told you to wait too.

Fiona: Congrats on being down - that's really great - and good luck with your real estate classes - I'm sure they will keep you busy and that usually results in time passing quicker, so you don't think about food and eating as much.

Kristi: Thanks for thinking of us today. Hanging in there with your weight, is much better than gaining - so you're doing great. I'd ask about the wine though, something in the back of my head says it's limited - though I really don't know for sure since I haven't had any since being on program. It's one of those things that if I have one glass, I'll just want another, so it's best I stay away. Good job resisting all that food - I can tell you are motivated to get to your new goal. You'll be there in no time I'm sure.

Tams: Congrats on your loss, and as far as the scale obsession you are not alone here - I'm probably the biggest scale addict of all - but as I've said before, there are worse obsessions!!!

Sammy: That's too funny about the toast in the shower!!!! I really got a chuckle out of that one!!! Congrats on being down!!!! You really are doing so well with the program, and I hope you enjoy your little one's birthday celebration this weekend - you deserve it. As for the lemon water - I squeeze a whole lemon into 8 ounces of water, and it works for me!!!

Beach: Sounds like a good deal on the delites - and thanks so much for all your kind words and good wishes.

Pink: Have you tried Mrs. Dash on your veggies? I really like it a lot, and it's totally legal and no salt.

Holly: Thanks for the kind words. I had to smile when I read your post as well - I also weigh myself as soon as I come in from running or walking - glad I'm not alone on this!!!

Amy: That's a great idea about the bars - and I think I might try that. My favorite is the Chocolate Mint. I did try the Cookie Dough - but it was "too much." However, I'm thinking your little trick of taking half and half on each and "smooshing" them together would be very tasty - and you'd already said it yourself. I'll need to try that one!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

Liz: Great job on your weight loss. I knew the program would kick in. I really do think this is a much healthier alternative than weight loss surgery, and I'm so glad you're going to stick with the program.

Audit: I love my starches - but I'm really a homebaked bread person - so I miss that dearly. I also find that if I eat a starch on plan that I really like, I start craving more of it - so, rather than cut out starches entirely, because I agree with Kristi on this one - you do need them, and your weight losses are better if you get in all your foods and correct portions - I generally do a olain unsalted rice cake with sugar free jelly. It's "good," but not good enough to want more once it's finished!!!

Okay, I still have a few things I need to do before I get to sleep. Thanks again to all of you for keeping us in your prayers - you ladies really have become quite a family!!!

Hugs to All and have a Great Day POP tomorrow. Talk to you all soon.
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #248  

I am on the red plan, and i try to work out at least 5 days a week if i can. I don't know what happened but it finally started to come off....the working out is starting to pay off....thank goodness!!!
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:07 AM   #249  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Liz,
I honestly think you were working out too much for the Gold Program to be beneficial. If you are excercising and not getting enough food to support that excercise your body can go into starvation mode and you metabolism decreases. I figured you'd start seeing a loss on the red plan. The same thing happened to me when I first started. I was on the Gold Plan, but I walked 3 to 5 miles every day and I also did the Easy Steps workout tape everyday. That was just too much for the Gold Plan. You are going to notice a large inch loss because you work out. At four weeks I had already lost 10.25 inches, and at eight weeks 15 inches. And now I need to get some sleep!!!! Night everyone.

Hugs,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:35 AM   #250  

Good morning ladies. Sounds like everyone is doing great.

Aim: The suggestion you had on the bars is a great idea! I had to laugh at the comments from lots of you all about how hard the bars get by just putting them in the refrig. I've done the same thing, but you know - I continued to eat it. LOL! Glad I didn't lose a tooth or filling. Learn my lesson on that one.

Eliz: I'm so happy for you that the plan finally kicked in. I would have been so discouraged if I started the way you did. You have determination! Great job!

June: Glad things seem to have gone okay for DH. Does that mean if the patch comes off today - that that eye will be completed? Let us know, and I hope he can see better than ever! I'm sure he hopes for the same thing!

Fiona: Glad you made it through the boring time at work. You did good by drinking your water. That is just about the hardest thing for me to get in. I do good, then I just can't seem to get in enough.

Kristi: I know what you mean about having food around the office. Somedays it is harder to resist than others. You did great by not giving in!

Audit: I wouldn't give up my starches for anything. I'm with June. I love homemade bread. I wonder what it tastes like many more? I'm boring with my starches. Usually have diet bread and/or LF triscuts and a couple times a week I have 1/2 baked potato (well, it's really a 1/2 of a microwave'd potato). I'm not a rice person and it takes too long to cook. I do great on the limited. Nothing like a whole piece of whole wheat bread toasted.

Did you guys ever hear of Laughing Cow cheese? The kind I get comes in a circle box and is in wedges - I think their are 8 wedges in each package. Well, I spead that on my diet bread in the morning for my breakfast. I eat it just about everyday. As a matter of fact, I have to go and make my toast.

Keep up the good work everyone, and have a great day OP.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:01 AM   #251  

Default Happy Day

Hey all you Chicks.....

Sounds like everyone is doing good (or better)

June, I'm thinking you should be either a motivational speaker or a director on a cruise ship. You amaze me with all the individual detail in every post! Hope your DH is doing well - with you I know he has all the support he needs.

Okay, Karen and DH are in Talledaga as of last night. She wanted me to relate to ya'll that she will be back on Tuesday with new stats and "racing" to get back on "track." This is my note, she'll be back Tuesday UNLESS Rusty Wallace notices her and she ends up running away with him..... I told her to have atleast 2 jello shots for me.

I changed my avatar becuz we are what we eat - right? I can see the eggs and sausage but what is that for my nose

My plan is going great......hope to get my 20 lb avatar by Monday...cross you fingers for me (and anything else you can).

The ISO audit was yesterday and all went well. The auditors started it with me and now I have to finish it in the next few weeks. I will be on here for my breaks........

...(((HUGS)))...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:21 AM   #252  

Star, it looks like a tomato!!
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #253  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning!!!!

I dont know why i put the coffee pic up in the mornings as i dont really drink coffee but once in a blue moon lol. I did great yesterday staying on my take off plan and i have started out the same today! I have only had 10 oz of water though i think getting all my water in today might be a challenge. I ended up not doing any exercise last night as my cleaning and homework took up way to much time and I had to go check on my grandfather but TONIGHT however i will do the tape as soon as i get home.

~June
Im so glad that everything went well yesterday and im sure they will just as well today when they take the patch off. Oh have fun at the open house and let us know about this "Jet Start". I wonder if they will give you samples? Anywho have fun and have a good weigh in too.

~Liz
Im so glad they finally got you on the right plan. I hope i dont have the same experience! They asked me about my exercise if i did 5 hrs or less a week to which i said yes cause as of right now im doing well... NONE. But soon i will change that I guess i need to remember to tell them when i increase my exercise over 5 hrs a week. Im going to make myself a chart to keep up with my exercise.

~Sammy
I think it was you that said your hubby made you a chart to keep up with your weight loss. I was wondering if i could get you to send me a copy in email if you dont mind.

~Sy
I have heard of that chesse is that something that you can have on the plan your on? I dont get my "plan" stuff till this afternoon so im not really sure what all i can have or can't have yet. Does it come in different flavors or just one flavor? I think you can also get them in little mini wheels too if im thinking of the right thing our walmart has them and you get so many in one of those net like bags (bags like onions come in). That would be something good to have to take for like a snack. So what does cheese really count as? LOL sorry i keep asking questions.

~Star
Glad to hear Karen made it to dega safe and sound. Im sure they will have a blast! Ok as for the nose of the avitar the only thing i can think of would be a piece of a tomato kind of looks like an English Breakfast. Congrats on doing so well with your plan and i hope you get that new avitar by monday!

~Other Chicks
Hope everyone has a great day and hope you all stay on plan!! Drink water.... Speaking of water how come there isnt a smilie for water? I was going to ask another question but it has just escaped me ... Oh well guess ill go fill my water bottle up again and get working on 20 oz. Ill be at work all day so ill check back throughout the day.

Britt
Old 09-30-2004, 10:31 AM   #254  
Britt/LAWL~Red

HEY!!! Beach you beat me to it!!! LOL well at least someone agrees with me.

Britt
Old 09-30-2004, 10:39 AM   #255  

Thanks, so my nose is a tomato.....hum. That means everything making up my new avatar is "on plan" for me......how handy!
You chicks know everything, this is such an educational board........lol
((HUGS)))
Star is offline   Reply With Quote