Old 10-06-2004, 08:10 PM   #346  
laureen

Hi Ya'll,
Had our weigh in again today and was down yesterday but up .6 today?? I weighed in early yesterday and late today. Maybe the time of day ahs something to do with it. What is a avitar? Saw ya'll mention it in previous posts. Do all of you do the La Lites? Not much of a breakfast eater what do ya'll eat for breakfast? I ahve enjoyed reading all your advice and tips. So far I'm down 6.6 in 2 weeks and ven had a gain. My daughter Jennifer is down 10.6!! Her 17th b-day is Oct. 15th, that will be a challeng. Do any of you livee in the Houston area?? The centers are very new here.
Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #347  

Hey Diane: I was hoping you were still out there! Glad you posted. Thanks for the advice for Heather. How are you doing? If I ever get more than a few minutes on the home computer I will PM you, I promise. DH has been really busy and since he works from home - I allow him to hog the computer - even in the evenings! LOL!

Sammy, I can't believe your in the 130's already! Dang, you go girl!

Drum roll, please! WI today and was down 3 lbs. So the 1.8 that I was up on Friday is gone, and I'm down a little more. Horray!!! Can you image how much better it would have been if I did have that slip up with the can of cashews and a few other off plan items over the weekend. I have 6.2 lbs to make my first goal. I have 3 weight loss weeks, so may have to pay for a few more. It will be worth it for me. I may drop my original goal of 155 to an unofficial goal of 150. I'll see when I get to 155 because I refuse to be in-between sizes after losing 44-45 lbs. Right now, 12's are too big and 10's are too small. I would be happy to be a size 10 for my height and age. Hey, my younger sister who is also on LA, she is the same height as me (5'7''), and 10 years younger. Anyway, she is so thin - I almost don't reconize her myself. She is way under her goal and I really hope that she can stop dieting - at least enough to get to stablization. I'm not worried yet, but if she drops any smaller - she will be a size 2 if she isn't already. She does look great, but lately - her face is starting to not to look healthy - you know what I mean? Don't I wish I had the same problem! LOL!

Star, I'm with you about getting rid of all the clothes that are too big for us. I'm going to do the same if I can ever stay home for an entire weekend to clean out the closets. Not only is it therpy for me (because I come from a family of pack rats), it mades my subconscience know that I'm the boss this time and will try my hardest to keep the weight off - and not save those clothes to grow back into them!

Heather: Hoping you have an OP day tomorrow. Try to remember to plan ahead and congrats on getting funding for the park project! That will surely keep you busy and maybe you'll be able to stick to the plan.

Aim, as lost is a lost no matter how small. Good for you.

Aren't we all doing great!

Joy: Good luck to a new start, and I'm glad you were happy at your first weight-in, what a nice suprise!

Heather: The Take-Off Juice is something LA sells for about $24.00 a bottle. It's a total rip off. When I do the Take-Off, I do it with juice from the grocery store and it works just as well as their juice. I have to admit, I do like the flavor of their Take-Off juice. You proved it yourself if you used cantelope and/or oranges. June also used cantelope because she could not use the juice because it contained grapefruit which conflicted with some medication she takes.

Britt - congrats on the 1.75! WOW, don't you just love when all the hard work pays off!

Jewel - WOW, 4 lbs in a week! That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Hi June, Beach and anyone else I missed. I have to get off the PC now so DH can get back to work. LOL!

~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #348  
156/127.4/127.4

Sy-So happy for you!! That is such a great feeling to get rid of those bigger sizes huh! When I started I wore a 12 very tightly and refused to go any higher so I bet in no time you will be in a 10 and wear it well!!! I am so proud of you, you are so close to goal hang in there through the weekend

Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:10 AM   #349  

Sammy: You are so right about hanging in there through the weekend! Thanks, I needed that! BTW, when I started, I wore a size 16 very tightly - actually - because I had to buy that pair of size 16 pants last Christmas, that is what made me determined to do something about my weight. I'm so happy that I took the step at losing weight this year and I may have slowed down at the pace (during the summer months), but I'm still losing - and that makes me very happy as well.

Have a great POP!

Sy
Old 10-07-2004, 07:55 AM   #350  
191.8/168.2/160

Well, I was very close on my weigh in yesterday. I thought I had gained at least 1 lb and had actually gained 1.2 lbs.

The counselor I had told me not to sweat it becuase I usually weigh on Wednesdays in the evening and Saturdays first thing in the morning. But I do sweat it!

I'm determined to get back to 182.8 by Saturday and undo what I did last weekend.

Oh, the good news is last week my center had Open House and I won a lunch cooler and a lot of LA snacks were in it! Everyone who had lost 4lbs was entered and I was the 2nd highest at 6.4.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:37 AM   #351  

Default Morning Chicks....

WOW, so many chicks, so many pounds lost - WE are AWESOME

Already went to the gym, had a great workout I love working out with weights, but I know cardio is just as good and some say better for losing weight..... Anyhow I do both (to cover both opinions).

Dawn, Sounds like you are having alot of fun and losing at the same time That's what I love to hear. Your right when a guy buys you a drink - you don't order water.......you go girl!

Sy - Great news about your loss. If you don't mind my asking, what's your weight now and what's your goal? I think we are the same height 5'7" right My closet looks so bare now I gave away more than half my clothes. Since I still have 12.6 pounds to lose til my goal, I don't want to buy anything just yet...

Tam - Don't worry about the gain. That means your human You were losing so fast your little body just got tired and had to slow down. Your'll be back losing in no time. congrats on the win.

Heather -you can also get the Hollywood Diet drink at Walmart or Walgreens, it cheaper at Walmart and it's the same as LA Take Off only less expensive.

Joy - What a nice surprise to weigh less than you think, it usually works the other way for me.

Hello everyone else, I'm sure I'll be talking to you sometime today......

I was down a pound today,now that's what I love to see, it's been awhile......

DH got tickets for us to go see Toby Keith this Saturday with friends. Before the concert we are going out to eat at Greek Town. Don't worry I've already decided not to have any

(((HUGS)))
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #352  

Hi everyone.

Dawn and Laureen, for some reason I don't recall seeing your posts, maybe you were posting while I was typing? Saw Star's comment and had to go back to see what I missed. LOL!

Dawn, 10 lbs in 10 days is wonderful! I think that is close to a record breaker! Congrats! I have to agree with you about the Absolut. Your a very smart lady! And, your right - a fruit and starch! LOL!

Laureen: An Avitar is the picture next to the person's name, I have no idea where the name comes from as I had to ask the same question. Star's is a food face (with a big tomato nose, he he), some people have theirs set to the number of pounds they have lost (in increments of 5).

Tams, congrats on the win! I wish my center would have an Open House. We don't get anything for free there.

Star, I don't mind answering any questions, as long as my husband doesn't know the facts. It's the only thing that I like to keep private from him - my weight! I started at 199 and I'm down to 161.2. My first goal is 155, then maybe 150. Like I said, it depends if I'm between sizes or not. I have never wore a size 12 like I do now, and I can't image my buying a size 10 for myself. I can get most of them on - just can't zip them up. My sister gave me a pair of size 10 stretch jeans that fit me (must have been a floock). They look okay, but some work to get to that 'actual' size.

Kristi: I can't believe your down again. Keep up the great work. Man, you can really do it when you put your mind to it! We really have to watch it in the weekends coming up. Send me sensible eatting vibes and I will do the same for you! We should be at our goal for long!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #353  

Sy - I think my memory is coming back...your my height and we're almost the same weight with the same goal - duh....
About letting DH know the weight number - they NEVER need to know that! We could tell them but then we'd have to kill em....
I was in 14's, thats what I gave away. Now I'm in 12's with afew 10's mixed in there for my ego....Those stretch jeans are awesome, I got kinda spoiled with them when I was bigger (16), cuz they were the only thing that felt good riding my Harley. Well it's time to let them go now, but I still love the comfort..... My black leather pants are 12/14 and they are too big now too and that's a shame cuz they cost alot of money,plus I got married in them....
Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #354  

Hi,

I'm a returning client to LAWL. I'm also returning to this board as well. I use to post here about 1yr ago before I quit LAWL. I just wanted to re-introduce myself.

My name is Kathy, i'm 30yrs old w/ approx. 30# to loose. I originally lost 30# on LAWL back in late '02 and early '03. I did like the program at first, then I started noticing the inconsistancy w/ my center and thier pushy ways and I quit.

Now....I've only lost 4# since quitting LAWL last year, i'm so tired of doing fad diets that i've been doing. So I figued it's time to return.

I'm not going to the center but i'm doing it on my own. A friend of mines is going to give me some updated information. It sounds like LAWL has changed a lot since I joined. I quit a little after the Weekends Off program started.

I look forward to hearing/reading from all of you.

Kat

192/153/120
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #355  
191.8/168.2/160

I finally found the Health-O-Meter scale everyone is raving about. I am so excited!

I also think I am going to join Curves too. I need all the motivation I can get!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 PM   #356  

Tam-
So glad you got the scale, it is great. I think you will love it.
Curves is great if you aren't really wild about working out. It's fast and gets the job over and done with. Start out with that and then if you like it you could move on to something more flexible. Way to go.....
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #357  

Hi Everyone!
I have been reading about the Hollywood Diet drink and have seen it in the stores. How often can you use it safely? I am doing OK now, but may need it after a bad weekend later.

I am definitely going to look for the scale everyone is raving about. I even have a friend at work convinced to get it. She had thought about joining LAWL, but has decided to try eDiets instead since it's cheaper and you don't have to pay up front.

This is such a great group and everyone is from all over the place.
Star - I am orginally from western Michigan, what area of the state are you from?

Tammy - I have heard good things about Curves too. Like Star said, start with that and then move on to something with more variety later. I used to use the short workout tapes in the morning, but I have to be to work at 6 a.m. and don't want to get up any earlier. I prefer to work out in the morning, so I may have consider it again. I am losing steady now, so I may wait until I need a boost.

My boss is coming, so I guess I better go.
dawn0301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #358  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon all!!

Im having lunch as i type this thought i would pop in and see what everyone was up too.

I dont remember who it was but someone was telling me about the low sodium tuna either here or it might have been my counselor i dont know anyway they said that it tasted better. They were right and it looks so much better. I couldnt believe the difference when i opened the can.

Im so glad to see that almost everyone is down this week even after a rough weekend lol. For those who are up it will be gone soon! By the way im going to get my cd this afternoon hehe.

Star, Kristi & Sy
you guys crack me up lol And star i agree with you your hubby doesnt need to know everything lol im that way with my boyfriend he is all excited for me and this program but i told him he couldnt know what my start weight was lol. But one thing he has been doing and i dont think he even noticed it was he was telling everyone that i was on LAWL which isnt a big deal really bit i was like are we going to broadcast it to the world? lol he stopped of course lol.

Tams
Congrats on finding the scale. You will love it i know i do. Its always nice to get on there and it shows how much you have lost lol. Speaking of that i forgot to weigh this morning ill have to remember tomorrow cause im going to the center and i want to know where im at.

Kat
Welcome back to the program. Just be careful doing this yourself maybe you can report in to your friend or even us on here if you need advice for the program. Going it alone is just no fun lol. Good Luck!!

Ok Ok i gotta get back to work i guess i have work and school work all over my desk hope i dont get it mixed up lol. Talk to everyone later

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #359  

I have a dilema I use medication that I have to take w/ food and I want to do the 2-day diet drink. For those of you who use the drink and take meds, is the drink strong enough in your stomach when you take your meds? I don't want to get a tummy ache on top of being hungry. Has LAWL given you any advice about this?

Thanks

Kat
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #360  
191.8/168.2/160

I ate during the Take Off program. I was told to eat all the protein you want, steak, chicken, eggs and grean raw veggies.

Maybe you can do that along witht the Take off juice.