Old 10-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #496  
156/127.4/127.4

SY-You are so right! I also agree with Kristi. I know this new way of eating is a forever type thing but to me being able to eat what my family eats in moderation, and occasionally, and being able to have BD cake and not feel like bending over and kicking your own self, that to me will be better!! I hate feeling deprived and I so feel that way now!!! I never thought I would be able to walk by a coffee stand and not grab a mocha, or grab a full calorie pepsi and Lord knows how much I miss that, but to be able to have an occassional "good thing" is worth all of this to me now!!!

Kristi-hang in there at work today! At least you have a light at the end of your tunnel! THink of the ammo you have in a few months!!

Not sure who sent in about the popcorn, but Sy's recommendation was right on the money! I went to see SharkTale with the kids and of course they had to have treats! If DH takes me he is so cool and does not even order a Coke as he knows how hard it is for me! But I took my LA Lite and it made me very satisfied knowing I was not eating all that popcorn and it filled me up till dinner! Plus having Braces helps!!

Hope everyone is having a POP! I had a Carb Cravers PB&J sandwich for lunch and it was so dang good! Isn't it funny how the simple things like PB we so severly miss!!
Great Job everyone and good luck to those of you still having to face the scale today or in the AM!!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #497  

Hi ladies. Another day without headaches...and didn't have coffee today either! I have been doing a lot of reading today on LAWL reports from people that have been clients and who have worked there. I am hoping that when I go in tomorrow PM that I get some of my unsettled feelings resolved. This is the only center I can go to (unless I want to travel 40+ miles one way), and I have only seen 2 couselors working there so far. I am going to make it clear to them that I want "do not sell" listed in my chart and that if I want a product I will request it. Not knowing the counselors very well yet, I am hoping that they are truly concerned about my weight loss issues and not going to be uninterested because they know they will not make any commission off of me. Well see!

Regarding Southern California...I lived there for 21 years of my life and can say that now after traveling and living all around the country in the past 10 or so years that I love living where there are different seasons. Granted, Central CA doesn't have the seasons like Vermont did when I lived there, but it is definitely nice to have a Fall, "Winter", Spring and Summer! My sister still lives down there, and whenever she visits me here she hates the heat or the cold...she is quite comfy in that overpopulated, high priced, smog-infested part of the state!

Hope everyone's day is going well! It is actually our first rainy day of the season here today, and it's making me feel like being at home snuggled up in a blanket on the couch!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #498  

Hey there Kristi and Sammy. Thanks for reassuring me that you ladies will be careful once you get to goal - and I hope to do the same. I can't say it enough because I have said the words several times in the past, and it went in 1 ear and out the other once I got to my goal. I kept telling myself, never again will I be that big - I made it to goal and it was a free-for-all (or at least now that I look back - it was). It's gotta stop someplace, right! We are strong and successful ladies, and we will win this battle. Stabilization never really shank in until this time, and hopefully I'll make smarter choices and have learned to watch my portion sizes. I think that was my main problem before. When I did WW in the past, they never really explained how to maintain - at least not where I attended meetings. Since LA has a plan for stabilization - makes me much happier. I think that you add food items until you start gaining - then you stop at that point and have an idea how much we need to eat/not eat to maintain. I'm looking forward to it as well.

At weigh-in, I stayed the same. That's okay with me after the weekend and I didn't over do anything. I save my limited starches for the weekend and Saturday also include pot roast (beef) so I'm not suprised. More water, I know - I know. I can't seem to get my water in and I'm trying to get better. In the colder weather it just doesn't interest me?

Do you ladies think that I'm still afraid to make it to goal? It's taking me so long to lose this last 7 lbs - and I can't seem to get past it. I need a swift kick in the behind - so I can join you ladies in stabilization.

Amy, let us know how you make out at your center. I read all about LA before joining. I think you may be referring to the 'opinion.com' website? I read all about that (and occassionally get emails when some. You will see that some centers are centers from **** - others are great.

Amy, thanks to pointing out all the not so great stuff that comes with the nice weather. I knew it couldn't be paradise. LOL! I'm sure I would miss the changing seasons - but I could take them a little less severe. So they are right, the grass is not always greener. You got me thinking, I was in AZ a couple years ago for training, and you know - everything there is brown. I missed not seeing green (and I was only there a week).

I've been writing this all morning so will post now. I'm sure others have been adding so will catch up later. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:03 AM   #499  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Gals,

Well, I went for my w/i and my measurements this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I was down 2lbs and lost 8 inches this month!

I say I was surprised because we took the kids to the State Fair and you know I had to have some Fair food!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #500  

Tam - Way to go....Sounds like that great "Fair Food" agreed with you.....lol
Hi all other chicks!!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:59 AM   #501  

Morning ladies!

Sy- it was the opinions.com site I was reading. Being so new to LAWL it is a little difficulty knowing what to believe. But I will go in later today, do my WI, and speak with the manager about my issues. I am wearing red for intimidation! Letting them know who's running my show! My parents life outside of Phoenix in AZ and yes, it most certainly is brown! More up north tho, in Flagstaff it's more green and hilly.. a little prettier. I guess after traveling that's why I chose to move back to CA; you have the beach, the mountains, the desert, the valley, etc. all w/ in a couple hours. I remember my first time driving from Virginia to Vermont. I hit, I think, something like 6 or seven states in the few hours it took me to get there. I thought, geez, I could drive this long and longer in CA and never even leave the state!

Tammy- congrats on the loss! Hope I'll have some to report back tomorrow also, but I have a feeling I won't. My Sat WI of -3.6 lbs was in the AM as oppossed to my typical PM WI, like tonite. So I feel like that was a big factor in the big loss, but we'll see!

Have a great day ladies!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:51 AM   #502  

Kristi,
Does a log cabin up in the mountains come with stabilization? Sounds like it must.....with target practice lessons.......lol
I love the name Jackson, it is so different....
Hugs
Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #503  
191.8/168.2/160

Amy - I despise the evening weigh ins!!!! That is why I went in to work late this morning, so I could do a morning w/i!!

posssum, muskrat? Who in the heck eats that! That would be one way to keep you on your diet!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #504  

Kristi,

The only thing I can think of is that with your tales of foods on stabilization (beaver, muskrat, opossum, raccoon, reindeer, turtle, and whale) They all quit Way to go little Miss Skinny wannabe stay-at-home family girl....... Geez, do you want it all or what

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-19-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #505  
156/127.4/127.4

Afternoon Chicks!

Has anyone been watching the biggest looser on t.v.? I just saw an ad for it and it struck up my curiosity!!!

Anyway, school was so dang boring this sememster has been the longest one yet and I still have until Dec. Maybe it is because I am obsessing over weightloss rather than school!!!

Interesting thought for wi people! I know we have talked about this before but yesterday at wi I changed from jeans/belt into a pair of shorts. Other people weighing in were weighing in in jeans. SO I thought I was being obsessive about a few ounces. WRONG!! I weighed my jeans and they were 1.6 pounds. I would have gained and been beating myself up for the rest of the week! Then I guess when I weighed in in shorts the next time I would have really lost! But then that would have made their calculations of 2.4 pounds per week or whatever you are averaging would have looked better! You all know what I am talking about. I hate that as it is not the way to get a good average!!!

Kristi-muskrat, hmmmm. I think some of the things on the meat are weird anyways! Shark??? When do you wi again this week besides Saturday? Are you anticipating another loss? I wonder if they retake all of your measurements and stuff before you start stabalization? I am so anxious for you to get started! I am going to live vicariously through you! (Is that possible??)

SY-Thanks for the concern! I am concerned as well as I see so many people that have lost then regained I know the stats are high!!! But I also have to wonder if they were given the proper tools and knowledge to use them as we have been? I am terrified too but I am going to make the best of it!! Hang in there you will get rid of those last 7 in no time! I have between 8 and 11 and I think it is going to be so dang hard too!!

Star-how are things with you today?

Tams-way to go on the loss even with fair food! That could be a new diet idea and you would become rich!!! How needs a good body with money???

AIM-I read that website stuff too and I remember thinking the same things you are! Thank Goodness my mom is and LAWL member and has done exceptionally well so that was my safety net seeing her and her progress! She does not use the bars and has lost and is still loosing!!

Well I better get! Hope everyone is having an OP day!!
Sammy
Old 10-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #506  

I think the premiere of Biggest Loser is tonight (double checked - yep - first episode tonight, 8 p.m. EST on NBC)- I want to watch it, I think it looks really interesting. I never got into the Survivor thing, but I like The Apprentice and the home makeover shows (not the people makeover ones!).

Here are the blurbs about the two "diet plans" the teams will be following:

The "Eat More" Diet: Deal with hunger before it happens. Once you start to feel hungry it's already too late. Members of this team will eat four to six planned meals a day to boost their metabolism. The high volume, lower fat and lower carbs will give them energy for their workouts and help them burn fat.

The "Eat Less" Diet: Burn more calories than you take in. Members of this team will calculate their BMR to see how many calories they burn without exercise. Then we will factor in calories burned with exercise on top of their BMR and deduct the appropriate amount of calories for desired weight loss. Team members will eat a high fiber, high protein, low carb diet with emphasis on portion control.

My bet is that if it's up to the contestants to stick to their diets, the first team is going to kick the second team's butts. But if they have any kind of a chef or dietician monitoring their food options and counting the calories for them, the second team will do well, also. That's my prediction.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #507  

Kristi,
I can just picture you now, with possum in one hand, baby under arm, barefoot in the kitchen.
You better not forget us less unfortunate girls at the office
Old 10-19-2004, 04:20 PM   #508  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi-I don't remember seeing Ramen and Mac n cheez on the plans so Star is right, you better go for the cheaper food that is possuum, and the likes which are on plan! Watch out Portland Zoo here comes Kristi!!!! I'm with you, 126.8 would be great! If I got to 126 I would have lost a total of 30 and that would be great with me! I am just anxiously awaiting my 20 lb avitar hopefully by the end of next week!!

Fiona-thanks for the heads up now I am realllllly wanting to watch!

I really am going to go do homework now!
Sammy
Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM   #509  

Kristi,
You will be a great hunter, I can tell by the way you hold your club......lol
And you know, the most important thing in survival is a a sense of humor.....well maybe not the "most" important but it's right up there with a great recipe for possum stew......
Old 10-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #510  

Man-oh-man girls....I SUCK at this diet thing lately. Our kitchen is nearly bare and so we're eating out a TON...my choices have been mediocre at best...I don't have any fruit in the house...I'm not drinking my water...I'm thinking about just having them put my file on hold for a couple weeks, get my kitchen and my eating habits back under control and then starting again. I also think the sudden onset of near-winter conditions (from sunny 60's and 70's to gloomy and 40s overnight!) is sending my brain into mega-hibernation mode. Dieting was easy when it was summer and meals like cool salads actually sounded good, and carb-heavy stuff actually sounded unappealing.

What should I do?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote