Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #196  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hold up, wait a minute...!!! What have I been missing! JulieMarie has a baby, Pearl lost 12 pounds!

I've missed sooo much. I have go back to page 5 and reread the posts. I'm such a loser!!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting gals, and Dan, but I've been soooo busy. I'm gonna try to catch up on the posts today at work, but I hope you guys have a great Friday!

BTW, I'm down .5 pounds. Down to 133!! I'm not gonna update my ticker until I'm sure that weight sticks (about 2 days).
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #197  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Evette... you passed goal??????????????????//

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #198  
Kim - IP 9/10

Good Lord, I went to a four hour meeting and you guys go nuts with 4 pages of posts. I KNEW that meeting was a bad idea!

Actually, the meeting itself was OK. The school I had to go to for it was GORGEOUS! But, man, it was in the middle of nowhere. More cows than people. As I was driving there (and driving, and driving....) I thought about some of you who live in rural areas and realized that I am way spoiled. I grocery shop 3 or 4 times a week. I would really have to get my act together if I lived an hour from the market. It took me 1.5 hours to get home. I am definitely turning in mileage reimbursement for THAT!

Went to the COD for WI before I left on my country drive, I am only up .4 from ticker now. Thank you TO!

OK, a few quick personals because y'all are so chatty!

Pearl - great results on TO! That's the biggest loss I've heard so far, ever!

JM - I have to go read your adoption blog, but CONGRATS!

Ulanda - How did DD do in Annie? Drama club was a big part of my high school life, it holds a warm fuzzy place in my heart. (on the opposite side of my heart from the cheese meeting road rage place)

OK, guess who forgot the camera again? Sorry - pic will have to wait again.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #199  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Deb…….yeah, I will not really be making cake. Although I do make a gorgeous baby shower cake. It is a baby in a bathtub on top of a round cake with a glittery shower and white gumballs rolled in white glitter spilled all over the cake, and it says “ Showers of Love.” It is quite fun to make, and I really miss cake decorating. I am a fool for cake, and I cannot seem to stay OP when there is homemade cake and frosting around. Even if it is LA approved, I still have to fight the urge real bad. Some things are just not worth it. If I can find the picture of the baby shower cake, I will just post it for JM instead. I am going to stick to making cake only for company and birthdays for now.

Pearl………so far…….no TOM. I think I got it last month right after Thanksgiving……but I cannot be sure. I am not yet nervous, as I was as short tempered inside as could be yesterday. That is usually a sign that I will get it in the next day or two. I wasn’t a jerk to anyone, but I REALLY WANTED TO BE!!!! You know what I mean?????

Kristen……I have 1 child at school today, and 1 is getting ready as I type. It’s my 16 yo DD. She has such a hard time getting going on time in the a.m. I still have 1 ill child, but she is pretty easy to have around (well, compared to her 2 yo brother anyway….LOL). Yes, DH is back to work. We had such a nice day yesterday. We went to this kitchen and bath showroom that was just incredible. I really had no clue that you could pay $10,000 for a stove. We went just to look to see if that would spark any new ideas. I did make one change to our layout, and I noticed that many of the dishwashers in the showroom were raised up about 12 inches off the floor. Oh, pardon me, does it get irritating to you when we always speak of measurements in standard instead of metric? Don’t’ get me started on that. I find if very bizarre that the US is one of the few countries that has not converted. Whatever. Anyway, how nice to have the dishwasher raised up a bit. I, of course, pretended to load some dishes in the showroom, and what a lifesaver!!!

Which reminds me………dear Cassi……….how are you feeling? I am pretty worried about you and your back.. Also, when you redid your kitchen, did you plan it yourself, did you hire a designer, did you purchase custom cabinets? I have been quite lucky so far, DH and I have agreed on just about everything. Well, maybe that is just what he wants me to believe anyway. He is super easy going, and sometimes I do not even realize that he often just lets me do what I want.

Evette…….the baby announcement was just posted yesterday. I, too, was just shocked!!! Isn’t that wonderful news. JM’s baby has lots of virtual Aunties!!!

Kim, Kim, Kim……….did you survive??? We are all starting to get worried!!!

I am hoping my dear SIL sends me my photo today, if not, I will just have to mess around and try to take another one. OH……..that means I will have to put make up on today and get dressed. I was planning a nice pajama day, as I have a ton of housework to catch up on, and am not planning on leaving the house. We’ll see………LOL Keep your fingers crossed that TOM shows up pretty soon. I love babies, but I really do not think I am equipped for another one J
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #200  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
Evette... you passed goal??????????????????//

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks Kristen!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #201  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb316 View Post
I have a couple of weeks left in my Weight loss phase also. I dont think I am going to make the goal. I dont know what I am going to do about getting back there. I would hate to lose out on the money I paid these people, I dread going to my center. I have had like 1 good counselor and I have not seen her since.

T/O did not help this time. I cant get in the groove. What is the deal? I WANT to lose the weight but my brain is fighting me to the end.
I need help and I am not getting it from the COD. That is why I come to you all. This is the best support I can ask for~

Mornin' Ladies... Just a quick post before I head off to the COD for my WI... Wish me luck!

Barb.. What kind of TO did you do? The juice? I found that switching between the juice and cantalope helped me out.. I think that just like with our menu selections, our bodies get used to what we put into them, so perhaps if you've done one kind of TO consistantly, it might be worth it to change it up.. Also, there are several different TO menu plans, so that might be something to look at for next time too..
Good luck!!

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #202  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Dan.. Good luck with WI. I dont know what my problem is. I have to do something though!

Will post personals when I get home from work today. I am on a quick break kinda busy today!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Good morning all,

Annie Jr, was great! My DD has such a beautiful smile if I say so my self. She played the oldest orphan Duffy and she just shined. She has quite the voice developing there for singing as well. She had both her grandmas, grandpa, 2 aunts, her uncle and her parents there, so she was on cloud 9.

Nicole, I have been struggling a bit, getting rid of coffee and diet soda at the same time, but I have to be strong. I can say it's easier not drinking the soda over the coffee which is really weird because I don't even like coffee that much.

Barb, TO/FF hasn't shown a loss for me this time either. I did switch things up a bit and do it with oranges, so I am not sure what happened. I will keep working at it though.

Well, I have to get some work done, I will check back later!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #204  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
so far…….no TOM. I think I got it last month right after Thanksgiving……but I cannot be sure. I am not yet nervous, as I was as short tempered inside as could be yesterday. That is usually a sign that I will get it in the next day or two. I wasn’t a jerk to anyone, but I REALLY WANTED TO BE!!!! You know what I mean?????

Kim, Kim, Kim……….did you survive??? We are all starting to get worried!!!

I know what you mean, Nicole - There have been times that I am thinking in my mind about DH "would you just shut your pie hole!" and I stop and think, wow that was really mean... oh, it's almost TOM. After more than 20 years of it, you would think I'd know myself better.

And yes, I lived. No worries! Very strange highway to get where I went, though. 4 lane divided hwy, but there was absolutely NO shoulder, and there were curbs! Nothing like going 65mph with no room on either side of you. Deer all over the place, like they were competing in a dodge car tournament or something too. Eeks.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #205  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Kristen, thanks for the latest scoop on the new products! Our COD here is late on getting things, too, but they do at least have a good stock of the various bars. I was wanting to wait to get my next purchase when they finally get in the Key Lime bars, but I may end up having to just get more of the usual.

Interesting about the pre-packaged meals...I did try NutriSystem a year ago, and it was horrible. Some foods were okay, but most...ugh! I wonder if LAWL's attempt at those would be any better.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #206  

Height: 5'5

Kim- where upstate are you?

(i'm from Staten Island so I consider it all to be "God's Country", sorry lol)

Nicole- I was the same way waking up when I was 16... and I'm still the same way at 19 lol but I manage on my own now without my mom not pulling at my hair. I think it's just some phase we all go through.

Last edited by truelies; 01-05-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: saw something to add
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #207  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! You have been a chatty little bunch this morning!

Evette- You are such a great example to all of us. Great job!

Kim- Dodge car, huh? Dang, hope they are good at it!

Dan- Good luck at WI.

Ulanda- So glad that the play went well. I'll bet you were so proud.

Barb- I know what you mean about having a battle with your brain. I would suggest making a list of reasons you joined LAWL in the first place and how your life has changed so far. Post it where you will see it often, like on the fridge. I also think that it helps to set some sort of tangible goal. If there is a certain style of jeans you really want to fit into, go buy a pair in your goal size and hang them on the wall in your bedroom. You will see them often and be spurred on to get there. Good luck, I know that mind games are at least half the battle.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #208  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--this probably depends on how much of a fit you are willing to throw but..........I did when they tried to make me buy more and finally wore them down to just basically calling all weeks just weeks and not labeling them. So I am well into "maintenance" weeks even though I never made it to goal. Just a thought. OF COURSE you can make this work on your own--lots do and you have us--much better than a center--lol.

Okay--I bought kale yesterday and now have no idea what to do with it. Do I cut it up or leave it in the big leaf? I have the cooking directions at home but tell me anyway. THANKS.

Katie--I agree with DH--insist on the salary until you guys hammer out a bindning contract.

Pearl--I am DEFINITELY a Sunday napper--my parents insisted while growing up--of course I hated it then--now I look forward to it.

All for now--no kids today so I am heading back to office--can't hide ALL day!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #209  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Wow-so many things going on with everybody. Pearl losing the equivalent of a large baby, job issues, holiday weight gain and losses, new pics (you all look amazing!), Nicole volunteering to down a cake in Josie's honor (step away from the bakery-I don't need that on my conscience!), Evette shrinking into nothingness (how you keep on keeping on girl!) . .. . . .I can't possibly get to erveryone.

Needless to say-I'm still on cloud 9 . . . .pretty worthless at work, but I actually have a deadline coming up-so i have stuff to do. But luckily, all the hard stuff (the actual experiment) was done before I got the referral. I really can't screw it up now. Thank goodness!

I'm trying to keep up, I'm reading and posting a little. You guys are all so wonderful! It's like we're extended family. I'm really grateful for all of you and your prayers and good wishes.

I'm almost down to my pre-holiday weight. I must admit-I couldn't care less at the moment. But I'm trying to keep my wits about me and not blow it with celebrating or "happiness" bingeing.

gotta go-I'll check in later!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #210  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb316 View Post
Dan.. Good luck with WI. I dont know what my problem is. I have to do something though!

Will post personals when I get home from work today. I am on a quick break kinda busy today!
Well... I have some more thoughts from the COD... My counselor this morning is also on the plan and I talked to her about what happens when TO doesn't seem to be effective..

I should preface that by saying I was down almost 2 pounds following my TO, so "yay" but it wasn't what I was hoping for.. I'm used to losing about 4 pounds following a TO, and was somewhat discouraged..

She said that for people who have been on plan for a while now, the TO kind of evens out and the weightloss can be smaller, averaging 2 pounds, or at least that's been her personal experience.. She did recommend shaking things up a bit with the TO menu and maybe trying cantalope next time..

Unfortunately, for many of us, weightloss become harder the longer we're on any kind of plan that has worked.. You'd think we'd be better at losing, but as our bodies adjust, we have to work harder.. (dammit!)...

Don't get discouraged, and don't give up!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote