Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #271  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Nikki: good choices, I think going in with a plan is the way to go! I hope you have fun.

Kim: I have woods on either side of our house. It is nice.

Whitney: That is an awesome WI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole: Good news to hear about TOM

Pearl: My friends all think I like far away also. When I tell them they should come over for a BBQ or something they are like it is so far away... funny thing is I am not THAT far out there. Wait til we decide to move further they will really think we are in the country!

Sherry: Mini goals.. That is awesome. Focus on the smaller goals that way the BIG picture is not so far out there. Welcome back

Kelli: 7.5 inches and 8 pounds. THAT IS GREAT!!!! Keep up the great work!

Ulanda: Good attitude to give it a shot for 2 weeks. See how it goes. Just remember what you are doing for your body by excerising and eating healthy!!!

Martha: Maybe try to set a goal of I will excerise X amount of minutes in the next 2 weeks... I can always find an excuse on why I cant excerise. Do you have any equipment at home? I find that if I pick one of my fav shows to watch I can do my elliptical during that time. YOU CAN DO IT!

Nance: cant wait to see the new avatar!

Well, went to the COD and my center sucks normally You have all heard me complain about it. I walked in and they were BUSY . I was like GREAT this will take forever. I told the girl at the counter I wanted to talk to someone who has done the program and not just some regular counselor. You know what she said????? I dont know who has done the program or not . I said well please find out. She gave me to Diane (a Senior counselor). We went into a closed room to talk. I told her that I was struggling big time and I cant get my head around this. I told her I will do good for a week then have a bad weekend and it is a downward spiral from there. She told me that she did the program and lost 55 pounds. She struggled last year with it also, she said she focused on her proteins and cut one starch for 2 weeks, made sure she drank her water. She gave me a sample menu for the purple plan and said to do it for 2 weeks. If there was something on it I did not want to eat or did not like to find something in the book comprable. She also told me to put my account on hold until Jan 15th focus on the menu and come in on the 15th for an appt with her. She said she wanted to see my journal at that time and to be really honest about it. I talked to her about changing my goal. We changed it to 145 and she said that if I can get my weight to 142 in the 3 weeks remaining after the 15th I can go on stablization without having to buy extra weeks . This is the counselor I liked the last time I got good advice! She has been there for 3 years. Watch next time I go in she will be GONE! Well, I am on hold til the 15th and I have to focus on this menu she gave me. Oh, she asked me if I was doing lites and I said that I really did not like them and I cant afford them she said that is ok..... I am going to focus on excerise

I also have a recipe for some muffins that are 1S, 1FA and 1F I will post it if you are interested. I asked her for the breakdown of the recipe and that is what she told me. I used to make them when I was on WW and they are a filling breakfast...

Talk to you all later on I must go work out Everyday Italian is on and I watch it during workouts sometimes
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #272  
Barb on LAWL

Katie: WTG on the NSV! That is so great!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #273  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Good morning Friends!

It took me all night to catch up on the posts!! Whhhhhhew.

Pearl- I agree with Katie, your message my have been directed to Ulanda but it really helped me out, more than I can say. I too have been struggling and needed to hear a dose of reality..THANK YOU oh wise and gifted one! Congratulations on exercising! Pretty soon you will be coaching us on that too..and lord knows I need it!

Nicole - It's so good to see you back on the boards. Your posts always make me giggle. Don't worry about the Xmas weight, you will be back on track in NO time.

Kim - The "country drive" story is a hoot! I live in Tennessee and often take the back roads...aka country drive just for the scenery but I don't think I could ever move too far from the city. I am waaaaaaaay to spoiled. I am glad you thought the drive was worth it otherwise we would have all had a dose of your Irish temper :-)

Whitney, Rhonda, Nicki- HELLO! Congrats to you all for hanging tough. I have enjoyed reading your posts and LOVE to hear how you like the recipes out of the LA cookbook.

Sherry - Glad to see you back again. I have been struggling a bit since the holidays but am renewing my committment too. WE can do it!!!

Welcome Christine!!!

Congrats on your NSV Katie!! 4 degrees is definetly PJ day in my house.

Joni, LeaAnn, Debster, Evette, Dan, Barb and those who I have missed....thanks for posting and keeping my spirits up as I work through this rough patch. Even though I can't get online as often I really look forward to reading your posts...Love you guys!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #274  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Martha - as far as exercise goes, the hardest part is getting started. I was getting in a real slump and knew I needed to get a jumpstart and challenge MYSELF. First thing I did was figure out how many minutes of exercise I want to do in a month and I went to Ticker Factory and created a ticker for my minutes. Now I'm sort of obsessed with watching that ticker move. I'm a little behind schedule, but I've already logged 276 minutes of exercise in January. I have a treadmill at home, so that helps, and I bought one of the WATP DVDs that a friend highly recommended....it's E A S Y and enjoyable. Go read some of the exercise threads on the main 3FC site.

Ulanda - glad to see you staying strong about exercise...very important! Of course, I'm a roll right now with that too and although my weight isn't going anywhere, I know the exercise is beneficial. By hook or crook, the weight loss will come.

Christine - what's an "HD enthusiast" - Harleys? I'm not, but I love to look! I have a good friend who won't go out with anyone unless they own a Harley!

Sherry - welcome back! I like the mini goal idea! You can and WILL do this!!

Nicole - so glad your friend showed up. I was, in fact, concerned, for you.

Whitney - congrats on your loss and I hope your LS does well in her competition. I used to love to go to the competitions when my stepdaughter did it years ago...she, however, wasn't all that good, but I still enjoyed watching.

Kim - what's "Price Chopper?" Maybe you can put a picture of THAT in your avatar!!

Kristin and Deb - thanks for posting the great recipes....."kids are lappin it up" - that's a great sign!

Nikki - hope you had a good dinner....sounds like you planned it out pretty well.

Barb - glad to hear you had such a good COD visit; my COD won't put my account on hold for anything, even if you are out of town on vacation and can show them your airplane receipt! But, I have one good counselor left there, and I'm going to talk to her on Monday to get, hopefully, the same review, pep talk, encouragement you got. I've only got 3 weeks left on my program, and right now I don't think I'll be adding on.

Katie - Great NSV at dinner last night. You really do have great willpower and dedication to this program. I hope your personal stuff works itself out in a timely manner.

Pearl - with the traffic and growth development around my area, I am so ready to move to the country. No wonder your DS needed that car!! So, squeaky gazelle all fixed?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #275  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barb- So glad that you got to speak to a great counselor. I hope that this plan is just what you need to get going.

Nikki- Love the Kurt Cobain quote.

Debbie- Sorry you are struggling. Anything we can do for you?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #276  
Katie

Joni- Great idea on the exercise minutes. You ladies may get me moving yet!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #277  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning Ladies
I was down another lb today for a 4.8 lb loss this week. I'm creeping close to my 40lb mark and COD wants to post my before and after in the center.. sure as soon as I get back from glamour shots and only if I can even approach looking as wonderful as Evette, Katie and Deb
Hope you all found the beef and broccoli and Pearl I look forward to hearing about your new creation. I have sumbitted some former WW recipes to my COD for revamping and will pass along as soon as I have them back. Did get one broken down yesterday that is for Kung Pao Shrimp.. spicy and wonderful and uses broccoli in it.. counts as 1 P and 1 S so I'll try to post today at naptime.

Keep at it girls!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #278  

Congrats Kristen!! That alone is a NSV, having them want you to represent success on the program.. you look amazing
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #279  
Barb on LAWL

Kristen: I look forward to the Kung Pao Shrimp recipe! I have some shrimp that I want to use! You are doing so great! almost at the 40lb mark! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joni: I hope you get a good review also. I was surprised she put it on hold. I wonder why they are all so different. I mean I know that they are franchises but GMAB they should have some consistancy! I just hope to be at the 142 at the end so I can go onto stablization and not have to pay anymore $ b/c I DO NOT want to do that!

I will post my muffin recipe later on.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #280  
Katie

Gooooo Kristin! Looks to me like everytime a bell rings, Kripie loses a pound!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #281  
LAWL Salt Police

G'day ladies...

Well, we did our WI this morning.. Even though I did my WI yesterday at the COD near my office, I needed to get my measurments done... Just for kicks I got on the scale and was down 1 pound from yesterday (!).. Which kind of ticked off my wife, who was unchanged from earlier this week...

The COD had samples of their new soy cracker snack.. THey kind of look (and taste) like Crispix cereal... I tried the ranch sample and my counselor gave me a bag of the BBQ.. They're actually really good.. I probably wont' buy any though, becuase I've done well (VERY surprisingly) without chips and crackers so I don't think I need these new snacks. These would make really good cereal without the Ranch and BBQ flavoring!

My counselor also told me that LAWL is working on a revamp of their website that is supposed to include live chat with counselors, which I think is a very good idea, and also a forum similar to what we have here...

My measurments put me down a total of 15.5 inches overall since I began, with my wife down 22 inches. So while I'm doing better in actual weight loss, she's doing very well with the inches..

Krispie - Way to go!!

Nikki - You can do it.. Just be strong.. What sorority are you in? I dated my fair share of XO's, AXO's and Tri-delts back in college... I was a Sig Ep... Ironically, I married a non-greek.. oh well..

Barb - Good job standing your ground at the COD.. We're paying them to help us so we should be able to get what we want!

Have a good weekend y'all! We're going to a hocky game tonight, so wish me luck so I can stay away from the popcorn and nachos!!

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #282  
Katie

Stay tough Dan, you can do it!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #283  

Dan: I'm a DEB We're not national though, there's other DEBs around I'd guess, it seems common. (all the sororites at my school are local). I've heard of SigEp, you guys know how to party lol. I haven't dated a SigEp but I was "seeing" one for quite a while but now I'm good with my Pike lol.

Last edited by truelies; 01-06-2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: comment was cut off
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #284  
FBD/8-18-08

Katie - You know how the Word was written for everyone?!? Well, I believe messages like that, which I believe God uses me to pass on sometimes, can be for anyone that will receive it as well. So, it may have been for you just as much! I'm thankful I posted it... Great NSV! I know you must have felt empowered when you left that restaurant!!! You're looking for hot pools and we're in the 70's with the windows wide open!!!

Ulanda - hang in there girlfriend! We're here for you and I KNOW you'll find what works. Just don't GIVE UP!!! Never, never, never! You're a LOSER - NOT a quitter!

Christine - My ods said this morning as we were leaving at 9 with no jackets... "I think we totally skipped winter and went straight to spring!" I'm loving it though!!!

Sherry - It's about time you got your (getting smaller every moment) butt back out here!! Great to see you and you better stick around this time!!

Barb - by all means, post the recipe for the muffins! I like a "switch up" every once in a while!

Debbie - see my post to Katie! Maybe that's why I struggled with posting for so long... I actually prayed, prayed, and then prayed some more before I typed it and then STILL waited a couple of minutes before I hit the "post" button! (good grief) Then see my post to Ulanda (again)

Joni - Squeaky Gazelle will be fixed today - or my ODS gets a thumbs down!!

Kristen - 40 POUNDS!!!???!!! I love Kung Pao - so I'll be looking for it!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #285  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Okay Ladies Posting the Kung Pao and Cheesy Taco Salad as we speak so check the recipes soon. Pearl I know you love spicy so the shrimp will be a hit and Barb get those shrimps outta the freezer. We just had the cheesy taco salad for lunch and DH had it for first time.. loved it.. just like getting a big salad from taco bell.. minus the edible fat laden shell they serve it in!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote