Old 01-01-2007, 05:38 AM   #1  
FBD/8-18-08

Talking Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

New Year = New YOU!!!
2007 is OUR YEAR!!! A year of healthy choices, exercise, meal planning, achieving intentions, and a year of SUCCESS!!!
WE CAN DO IT!
We ARE WORTH it!
Our families deserve the healthiest person we can be!
WE deserve to be the healthies we can be!
So, no matter what happened in 2006 - it's behind us!
2007 is here...
OUR YEAR!
We can do this together!
You can do this!

Reminder: We're asking all our LAWL friends and newbies to put LAWL in their signature or somewhere so that newbies will know and everyone will know what plan you're on. Of course, everyone is welcome here, it just makes it easier especially for the newbies, to know what plan a suggestion and/or advice is coming from!

The only failure I can have is to quit! I'm a Loser. I'm NOT a quitter!

Last edited by Prazteam; 01-01-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #2  

Happy New Year!!

I only made 1 resolution this year and that is to exercise!
Hope everyone is doing well in this new year! I plan to get focused and get my fat self thinner this year! Sorry I have'nt posted in a while my work schedule has been so hectic and very long hours (10 hrs + days) so here's to getting on plan and staying. I did go to weigh in Sat and was down 6 oz over Christmas....I'll take it!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! Welcome newbies!

I would like to thank all of you for your continued support and friendship. I am really excited that so many of us will be hitting our goal in 2007, the year of US! Now I can finally get out my awesome planner from Pearl and put it to good use. Ladies, (and Dan), you deserve to feel great. You deserve to wear the clothing that makes you feel beautiful. After all isn't that what all of this WL effort is really about? We want to look fantastic, right? I just wanted to say that at this very moment, whether you are a size 2 or a size 20, you are all beautiful women to me. Getting to know your hearts, you challenges, successes, and watching as you pull each other up and share you love and kind words has truly touched my heart. Here is to us doing it up big time in 2007!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone, I am back. I am sad to say I have inched back up the scale and as of this morning I am at 169. I am back on plan as of today, I am going to get my journal out, dust it off, and get to business. I am going to throw away all the Christmas cookies and snacks in the house. I am going to get back to the gym. And I am going to post here more.
I was never gone from here. I was checking in every few days and reading the friends thread, I just kept quiet because I was being so "bad"
It looks like there are alot of new people here to get to know. I hope I can grab on to some of your enthusiaism, I have been at this a while.
I am proud of all of you regulars who have stuck with it through the holidays and have had losses, you are an inspiriation.
We can do this!
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #5  
Katie

Hey Lisa, great to see you! I know what you mean about keeping quiet when you are being bad. I have done that a lot too. Probably the opposite of what we should do, huh? Anyway, great to have you back!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning ladies! Happy New Year and Welcome newbies!

Pearl - thank you for kicking off the year in your typical cheerleader fashion!

LJ - So good to see you back here. You're right about us tending to lurk when we're "bad", but that's when we need each other the most. Stay out here!

Katie - As always, your kind words touch my heart.

Kayla - Welcome back and we look forward to more of your posts.

As for me, I am definitely looking forward to eating clean and lean. Too much overindulgence in the past 2 weeks has left me feeling kinda blah. Looking forward to getting back OP.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #7  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm trying hard to be POP today, and went go take down the Christmas tree today, and what did I do, but popped 2 dark chocolate covered espresso beans into my mouth. *rolls eyes* But that's IT! The rest of the day I'll be POP! I promise!

Had some maddening news yesterday...someone stole my CD case out of my car, as the car was IN MY DRIVEWAY. They also tried to steal my custom taillights but only got as far as disconnecting one of them...left it dangling by the wires. Argh! We filed a police report about the CDs and gave them as close a list as I could come up with of what was taken. *sad*

Why do people have to be such punks?

At least they didn't take away my LAWL, or you guys, right? CDs are SO replaceable.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Years Everybody!!!

Lisa - great to see you back again, it out of the woodwork time for certain....we just keep popping up like mushrooms.

I am feeling resolve this first day of the New Year...but sadly I have demolished 2 lovely chocolate truffles and it isn't even noon
OK they are all gone and that's that.

Have a great day.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #9  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I am looking forward to getting on track again. I am actually looking forward to T/O tomorrow and Wednesday. I need it I think.

Last night was fun. I did to much indulging but I had a blast. Took downt he tree today and ordering my NYE pics. I love my new camera I got for Christmas. It took AMAZING pictures inside the dark bar.

Have a good day everyone.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Pearl, Thank your getting us fired up and ready to be losers!

I hope that you all have enjoyed the holiday season and have your games faces on.

Yes, we are worth it and I know that we can all do it. I may be doing it as I said in about 8 weeks without the COD, but I am going to do it.

Everyone, enjoy your 1st day of the year! Reflect on positive things and do something for you today.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #11  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year to ALL!!!

My resolution is to check back in with y'all more often! I miss you guys!

I am doing TO today and tomorrow - gotta get my bad self back in gear and on the weight loss train!

LJ - good to see you again!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Happy New Year Everybody!

Time to jump back on the wagon again. I didn't dare jump on the scale yet. I'm sure I gained back all the weight, plus some.

Here's to a new year and a new beginning!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #13  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Yay Pearl! Thanks for the motivation.

Kayla- Exercise is on my list this year too. Congrats on the loss during Xmas!

Katie- Thanks for the kind words. You are such a sweetheart! Meeting you all in 2006 was a huge blessing for me! I hope we can schedule an LAWL reunion/meeting, I'd love to meet everyone face to face.

Lisa- WELCOME BACK! I like your new avatar. I hope you continue to join us, we miss you.

Cassie- Happy New Year! How are you feeling? Is your back any better? I too am looking forward to eating clean and lean, I feel like a blob after all that xmas eating. YUCK.

Megan- Sorry to hear about your car getting broken into. I hope they can catch the thiefs.

Last night was a total bust...I was NOT on plan and today I feel so yucky. I did not make good food choices and have a tummy ache to prove it! Why oh why do we do this to ourselves? Starting tomorrow morning I am seriously on boot camp. NO Cheating, exercise at least 20 min. a day and PLAN PLAN PLAN my meals.

Here's to all!

Good luck and much success in 2007!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #14  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year my friends!
Lisa J, Dolphn, Lori - good to see you coming out of hiding.
Cassi - hope your back is better.
Katie - try any new dishes today? You were on a cooking frenzy the last week!
Pearl - is DS home yet? I'll bet you can't wait to see him. I saw a bunch of buses unloading at the big church across the street from my house and thought maybe they were returning from KC as well. I was just reading ALL the closing entries on the December 2006 thread and just read your prayer for all of us. You don't know how good it felt to read those words. Thanks...as always, we are blessed with your presence. To everyone that has filled out your Celebration Inventory and 2007 Intentions - thanks for taking the time to do this for YOU!
Happy 1 year anniversary Lea Ann!
My holiday indulgences caught up with me and my evil scale soared to 159. I know I did not consume that many calories to gain 8 pounds in two weeks; it's probably a combination of water retention, going back on the "pill", and (TMI) being stopped up! I'm hoping to remedy the final problem with the Smooth Move tea tonight (thanks for that recommendation Katie).
Like so many others, I'll be doing TO tomorrow. I bought the Knudsen juice on sale at Kroger - 2/$5.00. I popped on the site tonight to get the "Cassi Conconction" (recipe for Take Off juice). I put it on the LAWL recipe thread so it's easier to locate. If anyone thinks that is illegal or wrong, just let me know and I'll take it off.
Did 60 minutes exercise today; so far I'm holding true to my New Year's Intentions!

Last edited by Joni135; 01-01-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #15  
Katie

Joni- Yes, actually, I made a crock pot cream of mushroom soup tonight that is fantastic. I will post it on the recipe thread.

I cannot believe how hard of a time I am having tonight. I am really dreading going back to work tomorrow. I have really enjoyed being home.