Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 - Page 21 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 01-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #301  
LAWL since 9/06

Default Hello All!!

Well I finally made it. My husband has been trying to get me on, but I haven't done it. So here I am. You know my husband by Dan2112. My name is Liz. I started LAWL at a weight of 205. I am now down to 186. But am losing it very slowly and is making me a bit depressed. But I am hanging in there and getting plenty of support from Dan. I have lost 21 inches though so I guess that is something to be pleased about.

Anyway, I am going to look around and see what everyone else has to say. Will continue to post. Talk at you later.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #302  

Height: 5'5

Sherrie: The lemon water does help but if you do not like lemon, it's horrible to get down. It all depends on how much you WANT to drink it I guess. Sorry, I was a little off with the plan vs. weight thing but a few more POP days will get you back to where you were, you can do it

Nance: I know how those questions are, my bf HATES when I ask him them. Don't worry sweetie, we all will be filling our drawers with something a little sexy for our men. (sorry Dan lol)

Whitney: WTG on the NSV today

Liz: Welcome! That is the one thing that I love about LAWL, you lose inches when you wouldn't think you have. (atleast I don't expect it) Try to remember that even though the scale can be a jerk, the inches and how you look/feel in your clothes is the most important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
A Pike... Oh no! .. Well, at least he's not a TKE..
HAHA No joke, my boyfriend said the EXACT SAME THING! I was on the phone with him while I was reading your earlier comment and he was like "Eh... a SigEp? Oh well, a TKE would have been much worse."

I guess their reputation is horrible at a few schools then.

Last edited by truelies; 01-06-2007 at 07:53 PM.
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #303  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

WELCOME Liz!!!!!!!!!! We look forward to posting with you!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #304  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Hello Liz! I was starting to wonder if you were real...lol! Glad you decided to join us! And slow and steady wins the race chickie so just keep doing what you are doing, That's a 20 lb. loss! That's a great #.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

hey there skinnies...thanks for the nice comments...DH and I had a ball just taking pics all over the house...hee hee..nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #306  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Liz- Welcome!!! Now you are making me jealous. You may have lost 20 lbs. (which is nothing to sneeze at by the way), but you have lost 21 inches!!!!! That is an inch a pound which is outstanding!!!! I have lost 75 lbs. and 29 inches. Anyway, the way your clothes fit and the inches lost are more important than the numbers on the scale. It's hard to get our brains to think that way, I know, but it is so true. So you just keep doing what you are doing, because you are doing awesome!!!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #307  
LAWL since 9/06

Well I am still in the same pants and such. You would think I would be going down in pant sizes, but no. That is what is frustrating me. But I will get there. I am so determined to get this weight off.

Thanks for all the kudos and support. You guys are great!!
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #308  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome Liz! I really want to see results fast and am easily discouraged - but one thing I have been doing lately is really feeling the weight of the things I pick up and I think "wow - I am doing OK"! You have lost almost 10%so far - that is sooooo heart healthy!!

Nance - both dd are still at home but we loved it while we were there. They are east coast beach bum's now! You look GREAT in your new picture. I will need to figure out how to post mine soon.....

BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #309  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Yahooooooooo we get to meet Liz

Don't worry RoosterDan we still love you too!

Liz The whole weight loss thing is a true test of sanity and patience. I originally got up to 251 lbs so I understand mroe than you know. Having a support system at home is worth more than the scale readings so congrats on doing so well together. We are happy to have you here, we've loaded up the Recipe thread this week so enjoy the journey and one of is always here to pick up those in the plateaus and low points.. because at some point we'll need the favor returned!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #310  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Liz: You are doing amazing! You have said GOOD BYE to 20lbs and 21 inches!! That is so amazing! To have the support at home and someone doing this with you is a good thing.... keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!! we are glad you are here.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

liz...welcome to you from me also....My DH has lost about 22 lbs. just by sniffing my food..just kidding. He is eating better and now he weighs himself daily...and he retains water.....just like us chickies...having your supportive DH will really help....nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #312  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

Welcome Liz!

I've been thinking about starting the lites and I just wanted to know what you ladies thought. When I began the program I was told that I didn't qualify for the lites because I had a kidney stone in Aug. 06. That makes me think I can't have the bars because of the calcium in them?

If so, I just went to the doctor Friday and my calcium levels are normal and even when I had the kidney stone the doctor never said exactly that it was caused from calcium/sodium build up, but more likely because of my family history. My dad and every single one of his 11 brothers and 1 sister have had at least one in their life.

I really think that the lites would help with my sugar cravings. It seems like sweets are my one pitfall. I've seen so many recipes in the cookbook that use the soup mixes and drink mixes and would love to try them, but not at the expense of my health. Let me know what you "skinnies" (love that word Nance!) think!!
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #313  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Whitney- No, it is not the calcium it is all of the soy. It can be very tough on the system. If I were you, I would steer clear of the bars.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #314  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome Liz!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

There are too many welcome threads in here! I think I may have finally found the right one...I'm getting tired of introducing myself! lol I could copy and paste my intro from my other posts I guess. Anyway, once again...I'll keep this one simple...I put on a bunch of weight and am trying to lose it. I joined lawl on 22 Dec 06 weighing in at 272lbs and in less than 3 weeks I have lost just over 15lbs. I do follow it about 85% of the time...but i find I have to cheat to keep my sanity...mostly with coffee and alcohol though. I have cheated a couple of times with things such as dry ribs and chicken wings, but it seems not to be affecting my progress. I guess the fact that I play hockey and exercise around 5 times a week helps quite a bit. Anyway, as I said in other posts, I look forward to getting to know you "guys"...pardon the term...lol.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote