Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #136  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Lori - I cannot see the chicken picture, but if it's thin, it ain't what I was talkin about! Can you find a fat, ******ed chicken?

Joni - God love ya, girl. Boot camp at 5:15!?!?!?! HA! I can't remember the last time I was up at 5:15.

Pearl - I am so happy that your ODS gained so much from his trip. It must be both wonderful and a little scary for you to see him maturing like this.

Rhonda - There is no need to dislike your picture - It's wonderful!

Whitney - How cool that you are cooking for your mom and dad. No one ever taught me how to cook, and it led to some interesting meals in my mid 20's! (very scary indeed)

Nicole - I have a personal rule, the ticker only moves to the right. So, y'all now know that when my ticker stays static for a while.... well... it's because I am not at ticker weight. I just can't deal with the letdown of it all. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt....

Allannah - Well, 2006 is over. Here's to a GREAT 2007! Good luck with the new apt.

Dan - who snuck that tortilla into your dinner?

Kristen - I will be listening for the woohoo stick. It's been a while since I had a celebration at the COD.

OK, I just found out that I have to go to a "MANDATORY" meeting this afternoon.... One hour away from work, in the opposite direction from my house. GRRRRRR. I swear, if it is a waste of my time, I WILL leave. ( anyone remember the last meeting I had to go to? My co-worker who went with me still runs away from me in the halls, I swore so much on the way home.... Irish temper!)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #137  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hello All
WELL.................... I was 185.6 before the holidays, weighed in at 188.4 after Christmas and was up to 191.8 on my SIL scale on New Years ( I like to torture myself) just got back from weigh in and after two days of Takeoff I am down to 184.8... so I lost what I gained and a tad over.. so I just hit my official 35lbs mark. Obviously quite happy with that so patting self on back.

I do find after takeoff that sometimes I stay the same or go up a bit once you start eating real food too so if anyone encounters that don't be discouraged.

Joni thanks for the link to the noodle recipes! I have never had a family portrait done and in true confession style I rarely had my picture taken with the girls. I used to hate to see them and look at what I termed fat momma. So not only am I losing weight right now but I'm gaining some confidence and I think we'll go and have a Valentine's Day shot done together. Maybe all of us in jeans, white Tshirts and bare feet!

Pearl what a lovely boy you have. Please have a few more as you have promised son in laws to myself, Cassi and Nicole!!

Whitney way to go on using the cookbook. I use it daily.. the Oriental Shrimp Salad, Lemon Chicken, Italian Style Burger and even the Meatloaf are sensational!

Off to see DH now as I ran by him again to come to the ladies first.

Lori I think you should do a spa day, or buy something you always eye up but would normally never treat yourself too.. keep us posted!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #138  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I am here today trying to catch up with everyone! I will have to do personals later on.

I have a fitness center at my work. It has a weight machine, treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc. I talked to the security desk today to find out what time the building opens and she said she is here at 5:20am. I start work at 6:30am so I am thinking I can work out from 5:30-6:10 and take a shower and begin work 3X a week. Actually I would only have to do that 2X a week b/c I can workout after work on Fridays b/c I get out at 12:30 those days. There is a nice weight machine and that is what I would use most b/c I have an elliptical at home. I am going to try it tomorrow.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #139  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Kristen--CONGRATS!!!! That's an amazing post-holiday WI. I LOVE the jeans and barefeet photo idea--we did one in the summer and it's just "fun".

Kim--I hope your meeting is deep and meaningfull--HAHA--remember I work in education and know how many turn out that way--NOT.

Barb--you are so lucky (as well as Megan and Donisha) to have a fitness center at work! I hope you are able to work it out timewise.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

good morning....earlly here in the west...great pics...beautiful...everyone..Pearl, Joni, Krispie, Lea Ann

I better get in gear and get that pic refreshed.....

Question......it has been four months...lost a bunch...but need to rally for more..A little bite here, a sip there..three months ago I was soooo regimented ....it is almost like I am on maintenance.....just about twenty pounds too early....DOes anyone else feel this way....Wish there was a post to re-ignite the fire over here.....thanks for your help...nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #141  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Good day all! Well I WI tonight, before DS's Karate...after his Sylvan, and then I go to a 70% off Home Interior sale....I do not think I will be getting my walk in. I had to take an hour off from my daycare this morning to go to DS's elem. school and ream the secretary/principal/teacher and am now seriously considering calling the superintendent....they love involved parents so much that the entire faculty finds a reason to say good morning to me when I "surprise" them with my presence. I know a lot of you chickies are in a school faculty and let me say that I am glad I do not have your job! Between the I am not interested in helping mold my children parents and the spazzes that are control freaks and over emotional parents that claim their child is perfect and if they aren't then it's your fault lays me. I am an active parent in my child's education at home at school and at Sylvan, I volunteer to grade papers, do the whole class party scenes and have been known to bring in lunch for the entire faculty bec. I can cook even if I can't eat. I even send a "monthly" gift of stickers, fun post-it notes, reward badges, stamps & stamp pads, candy bars and occasionally even gift cards to my sons teacher....every month. Why is it so hard to remember when a student is a bus rider or a car rider when I make a school calendar stating theses dates for the entire year and give it to the teacher during open house? Why does the teacher/principal neglect to respond to a call/note/e-mail? Why do I get calls asking where my son is when he is sitting in the classroom? Is it okay for my child to come home bec. a mean spirited child tells him his mother has a fat a$$ and tell my DS that aI do sexually derogative things?....I am so sorry for going on and on about this.....I want a creme filled donut and an administrator's head on a plate.

Now, I hope everyone is having a better day than I and that you all well continue to uplift every one's spirits as I have just managed to derail them....I promise not to come back until the smoke coming out of my ears is no longer black but a light gray!
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #142  

Krispie====I just looked at your profile...oh my god you have done soooo well. 35 lbs is alot..you must feel super!!!!nance
Old 01-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #143  

lisa======you look great.....you look skinny girl...I wish I had your wt....soon..nance
Old 01-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #144  

Pearl girl====were you uplate last nite???......your post was either late note or early morn....dont you sleep..hee hee...nance
Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #145  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All!

Kristin- Great job on the losses!

Lea Ann- This is your year, you will get to goal!

Nance- You are getting there, over halfway!

Joni- I have GOT to try your Kale chips, they look so good!

Pearl- Have fun getting your flu shot...I guess.

As for me, I am finally showing a loss this morning. I am thrilled with it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #146  

thanks Katie...you do look young ...nance
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Hello all,

Michelle, you have every right to be upset. It sounds like you go above and beyond and it's not like you are asking for special favors, just that they do what they are suppose to do.

My DD has her Opening night of Annie Jr, tonight at school. I can't believe she is brave enough to do it, I was not at that age. Also, we got the letter for High School orientation next week, I almost cried. She is our only child and it has been hard accepting the fact that she is growing up. At 13, she is still a good kid, although there are some trying days.

I weighed in this morning and hadn't lost anything from FF. That was a big disappointment. If I don't show a loss by Saturday, I am going to be ticked.

Last night on the Discovery Health station, they had Dr. Oz/Dr. Roizen on. They had invaded 3 families. A lot of the information was helpful. I am going to purchase that book for my husband.

Have a great day everyone.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #148  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Nance remember to give yourself a pat on the back too! You have lost 33lbs only two less than me. You and I started very close to the same goal weight. I know how you feel about the tendency to slip. Many have said it is tough when the honeymoon phase is over. You get tired of counting, start to slow down and then get in a rut. I have to remind myself to look at other victories that aren't scale related to keep myself going. Hence the gratitude thread I started! I need to look at my latest jean size, enjoy for the first time seeing photos of myself, appreicate trying a new recipe etc. I am using the new year for new motivation. Many make resolutions and fail as they can't radically change their lifestyle and stick to it. We have already done this for 4 months before the calendar changed so we have the tools and can get reinspired. I really find picking different recipes makes me feel like I'm not missing out. I do miss the wine as I was a big fan but all those grapes attached themselves to my waistline! The holidays I was great with food for the majority but indulged in cocktails and got a 6lb payback for it. That frustrated me more than anything to smarten up and get back on plan. I set mini goals too so I can enjoy victory in the short term instead of just my goal number. Hope this helps... you are doing fantastic.. for reaching my goal I want a piece of your pottery!!

Katie you are doing supberb.. look at that ticker go.. I think both our kids will benefit from our loss as well.

Everyone else keep on track and listen later this afternoon for Kim's Irish Temper rearing it's angry head!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #149  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Kim--I hope your meeting is deep and meaningfull--HAHA--remember I work in education and know how many turn out that way--NOT.
HA! I wish it were deep and meaningful. It's about ordering government cheese, for Gods sake! CHEESE! Well, those kids do love their cheese.... sigh. 4 yrs of college, 18 years in public admin.... and it comes down to cheese. sigh.

OK, gotta go, heading off to east bumble... I can hear strains of "deliverance" now.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #150  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks Nance!
How do you guys count the Shiritake noodles? I have some in my fridge and that sounds good for lunch with chicken stir fry.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote