Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #241  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I love watching Oprah on Fridays.....I think it's a rerun, but they are talking about what women call their Va-J-J. I'm cracking up (there, I stopped us from talking about food!). Sorry, Dan...not a topic you want to.

Another observation from the show - they showed Faith Hill and Tim McGraw singing their "Let's Make Love" song - they look like they are going to have to do each other right after they leave the stage (I love that couple). For some reason, though, I'm remembering an article I read about her wanting to try for a boy, baby #4, and all I can think about is how Tim needs to get rid of those skin tight jeans (years ago someone said guys that wanted a boy had better luck when wearing boxers).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #242  

Height: 5'5

This is the "What happened after the show" episode, this is hilarious!

Last edited by truelies; 01-05-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: mistake
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #243  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

I PMd Cassi earlier......she's just having a crazy busy day at work.

Nicole - if I weren't such a potatoe chip addict, I would have never tried the kale chips. I'm glad I did. They aren't Lay's, but they really are a good treat.
Now that you got your tree down, can you come do mine? I'll make you kale chips!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #244  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I love that song! One year they sang it on the CMA's. She was really pregnant, had on this beautiful dress, just gorgeous. You could see her belly button poking way out from the side. Too cute.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #245  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

okay just made Beef and Broccoli for LA cookbook...kids are lappin it up so I'm posting for everyone, and the mommys!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

krispie..just read your note..thanks for it......and yes you will a piece of my pottery when you reach goal wt.......I would be honored to give you one......nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

boy it is hard to keep up with this spirited, motivated group.....I have a fun NSV...I went through my closet and threw away all the clothes I refuse to ever wear again.....I hope I made some other gals happy...They were cute at one time, I guess......this is just a beginning..I walked one hour with a friend today...felt soooo good.....thanks..nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #248  

Default don't want to make a whole 'nother post, two a day is my limit.

My boyfriend is taking me out to Friday's for our anniversary and I'm going to sit there and try to eat OP as he's eating my favorite foods. Has anyone been in this situation before and how did you stay focused and not cheat?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #249  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Ladies
Thank you Nance! I did the same last week with clothes and only problem now is that I have more empty hangers than I do clothes! Hmmm shopping?

Nikki.. A place like Fridays has lots of choices.. get a grilled chicken sandwich and only eat the bottom half of the bun, fajitas, a grilled chicken salad and take your own FF dressing, or entrees like salmon or meat with no cream sauce.
Main thing is to enjoy but try to stay on track as much as you can.. if you go over a bit you still have to live so don't worry too much about it.. it is your anniversary after all!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #250  
LAWL Salt Police

Nikki... Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing the plan in the first place.. Just think how good you'll feel afterward when you can say that you went to a place like Fridays and didn't mess up!!

Also, as always, if you get a salad, get the dressing on the side.. I get grilled chicken ceasar salads a lot and even though most places don't have a fat free or reduced cal dressing, you'll save a lot of the cals and fat by not pouring dressing all over your salad.. Either dip your fork lightly into it before spearing some veggies, or just barely dip the veggies in it.. A little flavor goes a long way..

Just remember how good you'll feel!

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #251  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I would order a fish or a grilled chicken salad with lite dressing on the side. Of course knowing where you're going to dine at ahead of time, would definately help. Like saving your starches, eating smaller portions for lunch etc.

It is a hard thing to sit there and watch, but I know you can do this! Be strong! And good luck!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #252  
Barb on LAWL

Ok, I have time to do personals I am going to start with this morning on..

Evette: I think you are inspirational! You are doing so great! What an inspirational thing for us all to see that this program DOES work if you work it and that even when we are struggling (like I am now), seeing your progress is amazing and drives me to want to continue on.

Kim: I agree with you about the country. Boy, I want to live in the country but to have a grocery store so far away would drive me nuts. I live on 2 acres but there are stores very close.....

Nicole: PJ day... I love lounging in my PJs.. Fingers crossed for you

Dan: thank you for your words... I did the T/O with Celebrity Juice. I was going to do it with oranges but I found the juice on sale and decided to go with that. I followed it. I just cant get back on track. I dont know what it is. Sometimes I want to give up but I wont. You have done amazing! It shows that this does work....

Ulanda: I too have been struggling... WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Julie: I want to say congratulations to you again! That is awesome. We have to adopt and I was thinking about going over seas to do it. She is a beauty!

Joni: I have to try these Kale chips for when I have the chips craving.. I keep reading about them but I have to do it!

Lori: 74lbs that is so awesome!

Makena: 3lbs after T/O that is great!

Michelle: I would do the fajitas with no tortilla also! In fact I order those anytime I go to a Mexican restuarant anyway! Have fun!

Pearl: I have a digital scale for food also! I love it. I bought it when I was on WW and I use it ALL the time. Mine has the same feature that I can zero things out and keep adding to it!

Deb: I went to the LAWL site. I wish that they had a board for members (like this one as another outlet for support)

Nance: I did that not to long ago.. got rid of clothes I will not wear anymore.

Nikki: I was in that situation and I tried to look at the menu online ahead of time to see what I wanted to eat. I also saw my fiance eating something I wanted and I had 2 of his fries. It is hard. Try not to fret to much about it and have a good time.

If I missed someone I will get you later!

Have a good night
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #253  

Barb: Thank you, I actually looked in the book and I found something that doesn't sound so bad. I have no control (yet) so I'll try not to sample his fries but it will be very hard.

Nancy: I am actually going to have the salad with my burger as a sub. for fries but I don't trust restaurants with the low fat dressing (some idiot in applebee's told me that they had regular AND low fat honey mustard, I found out a few months later from a manager that she was wrong) so I usually order oil&vinegar.

Dan: Thank you! I'm also thinking how proud my bf would be too because he knows I'm a little weak lol.

Kristen: As crazy as this sounds I am going to try to bring my own cheese, I love cheeseburgers and the regular burger is actually on plan so that would be good lol.

Thank you all so much! I've decided on what to eat after looking at my plan book- Hamburger (without mayo, pickles, fries) with 1 tbsp. of Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce and I will try . It is lower in sodium and sugar that Kraft and my COD said that I can have it. Instead of the fries I will have a house salad (sans bacon, cheese and breadsticks) with 1 tbsp. of oil&vinegar. Granted I would rather eat the burger slathered with mayo/cheese and w/ fries (sorry lol) I don't want to see the scale go up and I want to look amazing for my sorority's formal.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #254  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Barb - Exactly! There's country, then there is COUNTRY! I am in a 'neighborhood development, but there is forever wild across the street and behind us. I love that! But, I also love that there is a Lowes, Price Chopper, Target, et al about 10 minutes down the road, LOL.

I think that if you pay to join the LA at home site that there is a board to use, but Cassi said that it is not that active.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
I think that if you pay to join the LA at home site that there is a board to use, but Cassi said that it is not that active.
Unfortunately it's not :/ the few women/men there are very supportive though.