Old 01-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #226  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Michelle, Yeah, they make chicken fajitas, shrimp fajitas, etc. Don't eat the tortillas, of course, or any sour cream, etc. When they bring you the little plate with the lettuce, cheese, etc, ask them to only bring lettuce & tomatoes on it. And maybe pico de gallo (sp?). Scoop the meat and onions and peppers onto your plate, cover it with lettuce and tomatoes (and salsa!), and dig in. DELICIOUS! I promise you won't even miss the tortillas to wrap them in. If you sprinkle a little cheese on it, you could count it as a dairy, but I doubt they'll give you LF cheese. The fajitas by themselves will knock off your protein and veggies for the day, though.

::editing to add - err, guess I was a bit late, hah!::
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #227  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Pearl- I got one of those scales too. I love it, there are so many features on it that I don't think that I will every remember how to use all of them, but I love the Tare feature that zero's it out.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Height: 5'4"

Deb,
Do you know what that banana chocolate dessert would count as? That sounds like jsut what the Dr. ordered for me.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #229  
FBD/8-18-08

Debster - thanks for the zip. It wouldn't work with mine! And if my dh knew that I couldn't think of "tare" he would laugh his butt off! Coming from a family of retailers and especially meat cutters... I'm glad he doesn't come out here today!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #230  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the tip, Deb!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #231  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Thanks all! I am having the chicken fajitas at dinner...no tortillas. no cheese. no sour creme and no guacamole. Will do the pica de gallo!!! I love that stuff. maybe a glass of wine for my fruit and starch...although I believe Margaritas fit the bill better....hey, you gotta' make sacrifices sometimes!

I appreciate the advice and will let you know if I fall victim to the speedy gonzales mouse waving them chips at me yelling vamanos! Yo quero mi amigos!
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #232  
Let's try this again . .

wine counts as a fruit, not a fruit and a starch!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #233  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Margarita, though full of sugar, would probably count as fruit and starch.

I would say that banana-rama would be a starch, fruit and condiment
The muffins would be a starch, fat, condiment and maybe a fruit too.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #234  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Girls......I have been meaning to to share this with y'all for a while now, but I keep forgetting. For lemon water, I bought this wonderful little juicer by Black and Decker. It is called the handy juicer. It is small, and it only hold 28 ounces or so, but it is fab for squeezing lemons. The part that does the work looks just like an old fashioned juicer, but it is motorized and takes about 5 seconds to get every drop of juice and pulp from a lemon. After I juice it, I just run hot water over the grate part, take it off, and whala, I have my hot lemon water. I just pour it into a coffee cup a couple of times, and I am set. The best part.........it cost only $9.96 at Walmart, and it is tiny, so it doens't take up much space. You can also use it to squeeze fresh oranges or grapefruits........so those of you who do not enjoy fruit........I am quite certain fresh squeezed with all of the pulp would probably count as a fruit!!!!

Also, a couple of weeks ago I posted about an asian salad I make with chicken, clementines, and this wonderful asian dressing. Well, I finally looked at the brand name......it is Cardini's Asian Sesame dressing........and it makes a salad taste like a dessert. It is not low fat or sugar free.......but it is not horrible either. I just use a very small amount. Sometimes I get tired of salad, and I try to find new things to make it fun and exciting again.

Ok, I just took my Christmas tree down, vacuumed, and cleaned up the kitchen. I also made some bread for DH to go with the beef stew we are having for dinner. This will be the first time I have made bread since I started LAWL. My family was probably beginning to think I didn't love them anymore......LOL. I love to bake.......and I love to eat!!! So, anyway, I have to run and put some laundry to go before the beasty boy wakes up. I hope everyone is having a good day
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #235  
Post-Master

Hey, where is Cassi???
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #236  
Post-Master

Ohhhh, one more thing.....about the biggest loser contest.......I put my start weight in the first week, but when do I put my next one in?? I mean, if I weigh in on Sat, do I put that for the beginning of week 2??? I am sure if I re-read the rules, I could probably figure it out, but you know.....there has been so much confusion, that I was just wondering what you were all planning on doing. Thanks girls. Oh, and Joni, I may just try the Kale chips. It sounds soooo weird. LOL.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #237  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Good Afternoon Everyone....

I challenged myself today - after my WI I decided I was going to find something healthy to eat - while I was out! One of my biggest challenges!! I am not sure how I did - not POP - I went to Tropical Smoothie (yum) and ordered a spinach/chicken/tomato wrap with LF cheese and only ate half with a diet coke. I ate a fruit when I got home. I am struggling with knowing my 3 kids are for getting ready to start spring sports / conditioning and I will be on the go all the time....I guess I will need to pack a lot of foods for when I am on the go? I work 4 / 10 hour days so I already pack for work...

Dan - thanks for the words of wisdom - looking at my diary I see the days before my big gain I ate A LOT of shellfish (crab, scallops, etc) Not the best choices but we ate out a lot during the holidays and I knew seafood was low-fat. I was down again today so I am below the pre-gain weight - YAY!

Makena - I had to laugh at your post about a water bottle looking good enough to eat! I took 3 / 24 oz water bottles in to work with me that day and by 2pm they were GONE - I never thought I would ever be so desperate for water!!

I just finished a really good book for anyone looking for some good healthy reading material - The Seven Pillars of Health by Dr Don Colbert.

Thanks for the info on the new LAWL stuff.....

After my loss today I went and bought some 3 lb weights to add to walking to get this moving faster!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Christine
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #238  
Let's try this again . .

Nicole-yes-you can put in sat's weight at the beginning of week 2.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #239  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Okay now I want to go out for fajitas and margaritas! And I have a craving for freshly baked bread!

I'll have to implement a "no talking about food rule" .. unless of course it is an LAWL friendly chat
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #240  
Christine - LAWL

S/C/G: 182/167/135

Height: 5' 4"

Nicole - that salad sounds fantastic!! I am a huge fan of Cardini's and Newmans dressings.....I am actually on my way to the store so I will have to add that.... I too, LOVE to cook (and eat.....) hmmmm......no secret how I gained! LOL! I put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot this morning with seasonings and V-8 to pull apart for bbq tonight......not sure if I want pork but my family is starting to feel deprived.... To figure out how to do LAWL and feed 3 teenagers and DH.... ??

Christine
BusyBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote