Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #406  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I am hoping my old girl lasts a little longer, she has been doing so well since Sept. Now it is mostly doggy alztimers and that is quite sad, I keep saying to myself one more week you can do it one more week... My friend at the vet's clinic, has told me it is time but I just can't let her go yet.
I know. My Andy-the-Cat, going on 20, and his latest lab results where so incredibly good the vet said he'd never seen anything like them, even for a 10-year old cat (and how many almost 20-year old cats does he know, I wonder?). Except. Except for 2 little indicators. He's in the middle stages of renal failure and I can't do anything. He isn't in pain yet; and he won't get there. But OMG it hurts. So much.

Last edited by Linden; 01-06-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #407  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I know. My Andy-the-Cat, going on 20, and his latest lab results where so incredibly good the vet said he'd never seen anything like them, even for a 10-year old cat (and how many almost 20-year old cats does he know, I wonder?). Except. Except for 2 little indicators. He's in the middle stages of renal failure and I can't do anything. He isn't in pain yet; and he won't get there. But OMG it hurts. So much.
it does hurt, but we do have to think of them and can't be selfish I guess.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #408  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hey everyone... I'm working at a busy clinic today... So haven't had any time to jump on... It's was nice today. I had to go get a new badge for work... the security asked me about 4 time if i was sure I didn't wanna change my picture. I told him that when im done I will nice to hear. Specially from a male perspective... Maybe because I haven't heard it too much lately...
2ride. Amazing pic. I would have never thought that was you!! Looking HOTT.

Well lunch is just about over... I'm definitely looking forward to going home and getting in my jammies all weekend... No Derby practice this weekend I think I'm gonna try and talk the bf into going to an open skate!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #409  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
it does hurt, but we do have to think of them and can't be selfish I guess.
Ladies...if I may add a point to be considered by you both.

I am a huge animal lover and have had many, many wonderful pets (both cats and dogs) over the years. I have lost some to accidents at too young an age, lost a couple to natural causes and I have had to put several down due to illness as well as old age. When it was getting close to time to put my dear yellow Lab down, I asked my friend (a Vet) how do you know when it's time? His reply was that it's usually the owner who can't "handle" seeing their beloved pet struggle anymore. Kester also remided me that our animals want nothing more than to make us happy. Sometimes they hold on only because we want them to do so. I put Treaux down about 5 years ago and Bubba almost 10 years ago....both at 15 years of age. For both of them....I laid down on the floor with them numerous times and told them to let me know when it was time. It was my way of dealing with that difficult decision.....and they did let me know. We are intune with them.....we are each others best friends. Let them decide and let them know that you will be OK. You both will do the right thing when its time.......this is the hardest part of being an animal owner. But it far outweighs just how much they have enhanced our lives.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

2 ride U look great!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #411  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=gettinmygrooveback;4160001Let them decide and let them know that you will be OK. You both will do the right thing when its time.......this is the hardest part of being an animal owner. But it far outweighs just how much they have enhanced our lives. [/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you've said and have been down this rough road before. I'm pretty sure I'll know. And I think the puppy will, too, although he won't understand when Andy's gone.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I totally agree about a good fitting bra...especially as we age. I broke down and had a fitting at the local Soma (Chico's partner) store. I've had numerous people tell me they were the best bras they ever owned. After about 4 weeks of wearing, I am sold as well. They fit perfectly and my girls never looked better. They aren't cheap ($48US) but worth every penny. I've only gone from a DD to a D....small possibility that I make it to a C but I hope not.

I hope your shoulder/neck feels better soon. I have a couple of yoga poses that really help me in those areas. Try lying on your back with your butt up against the baseboard and with your legs up the wall. It's fittingly called Legs Up the Wall pose. Just let gravity let your legs relax into your hips sockets. Your back and shoulders/neck are supported by the floor......just relax. You might even feel/hear some "popping". That's you giving yourself a spinal adjustment. Hope it helps......I do this at work/home/yoga class ALL the time! It's wonderful.....even if you aren't hurting.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/690

http://yoga.about.com/od/yogaposes/a/legsup.htm

http://www.eldr.com/article/fitness/...-healthy-aging
Thank you so much for the tips! I really need to get back to Yoga, I did it once for a year and a half, only once a week but it was SO good for my body and I quite freqently think "MAKE SOMETIME MISSY!" to myself....I just have to make the time...for me...carve it out more likely lol.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #413  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I just wanted to check in with everyone.. and bump this thread up!!
I just finished my steak for dinner. I bought some new seasoning from a local manufacture. Msg free... It was super yummy!! Even the bf comment on it!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #414  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

wi today. 152.4, okay 17.4 to go, down total of 103.2. i so cannot believe it at times, i don't recognize myself now anymore than i did at 256 lbs... so weird. hope you all have a great op day!!!

lise
matolmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolmama View Post
wi today. 152.4, okay 17.4 to go, down total of 103.2. i so cannot believe it at times, i don't recognize myself now anymore than i did at 256 lbs... so weird. hope you all have a great op day!!!

lise
Wow-way to go. You have so much to be proud of. Amazing!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #416  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
I agree with everything you've said and have been down this rough road before. I'm pretty sure I'll know. And I think the puppy will, too, although he won't understand when Andy's gone.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Thank you so much for the tips! I really need to get back to Yoga, I did it once for a year and a half, only once a week but it was SO good for my body and I quite freqently think "MAKE SOMETIME MISSY!" to myself....I just have to make the time...for me...carve it out more likely lol.
I hope it helped! I love the fact that I have two classes per week that I can attend. I need the structure of the hour long class. Once I'm at home, I can't get my head wrapped around an entire hour of ME time. I can listen to music/watch TV while doing any other type of exercise...but yoga. I hope you can find the time.....search out classes. Yoga is wonderful. I can't wait until Wednesday night's practice!

And let me just add.......
Geaux Tigers! and Who Dat! If you're a football fan.....you know just what that means!

Have a fantastic OP day, everyone.......
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #417  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Jelly, I like your new photo! Too cute.

Day eleven of phase three and its WI day. I hope to learn about phase four today, although I must say the book and this forum have prepared me, but I'm sure there is more to learn.

I'm mysteriously up on the scale, not sure if it's The Shred activity, the rutabaga chips, TOM (never seem to know when that's coming anymore), or just the natural flow of things.... Time will tell, but the key is what I choose to do about it today; so an OP day is on deck.

Remain strong,

Jo

Last edited by JoLoMN; 01-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #418  

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everyone! The weekend went great for me. Friday night my hubby made the best steak. Saturday my daughter and I went out for lunch and I had steak again so I switched my meals that day. Then last night hubby grilled wonderful pork chops. I've gotten super lucky!

As of this morning I am down 5.4 pounds. I really want to hit around 7 or 8 for my first week so we will see if that happens. My January goal is to be back to where I was before phase 3 started so 7.6 more to go from today. I will officially weigh in Thursday though.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #419  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Ladies...if I may add a point to be considered by you both.

. But it far outweighs just how much they have enhanced our lives.
Thank you, I have told her to tell me, and so far she hasn't. It was a rough weekend though, went to offleash and it was so icy she fell a couple of times. Her back end is slowly giving out on her. My friend who works for my vet, has told me it is time that I want to remember her in the good times.. I know I have been talking about this since Aug and look I have had another 5 months with her.
I lay down on the floor with her quite often and look into her eyes, and tell her I will be fine. She has a little bit of seperation anxiety and follows me around a lot, until she gets tired then she goes downstairs to sleep.

I will continue to listen to her and will say goodbye when she needs to go to my dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
2 ride U look great!
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hey everyone... I'm working at a busy clinic today... So haven't had any time to jump on... It's was nice today. I had to go get a new badge for work... the security asked me about 4 time if i was sure I didn't wanna change my picture. I told him that when im done I will nice to hear. Specially from a male perspective... Maybe because I haven't heard it too much lately...
2ride. Amazing pic. I would have never thought that was you!! Looking HOTT.

Well lunch is just about over... I'm definitely looking forward to going home and getting in my jammies all weekend... No Derby practice this weekend I think I'm gonna try and talk the bf into going to an open skate!!
I did that most of the weekend other than 2 walks a day with the dogs, it was a veg kind of weekend. I like your new pic too!! it is always nice to ask if you want your pcture changed... I still don't like pics so I generally wait until I absolutely have to.

Have a wonderful day today all, was OP all weekend and feeling okay, weather is so nice here no time to feel down... will do that when the snow arrives and the cold... probably feb and march... hopefully only for a month and that will be a great winter here then.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #420  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Lindsay - you are doing good, this time my scale isn't moving hardly at all...

I have found a new way of making the chips and stuff... My dad a long time ago purchased one of those air convention roasters (suppose to cook things in 1/2 the time) and I dragged it out, kale chips took 15 min, zucchini chips around 13 min, as well as turnips. Kohlrabi took a little longer but oh so much faster but smaller batches. Can't wait for maintenance to try sweet potatoes to see what they will be like.